Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

VideoWitch posted:

Do they though? It seems more like Denken is the only one in the exam who actually figured it out

I meant more that they know of an elf named frieren that was part of the hero's party since Lawine called her legendary. But its probably not that big of a leap to figure it out. I guess Kanne didn't pay attention in class or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
In any case, let's discuss something more interesting.

Both examiners could move even as the Stile still approaches them. A spell of some sort (because of the exam maybe?) or a common 1st class ability to move with zero mana leakage that even Frieren doesn't have?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Mulva posted:

Her own party member said she wondered about it, but was surprised elves really lived that long.

That probably speaks more to the rarity of Elves that people don't even know their typical lifespans such that they that surely Elves couldn't live for 80 years without aging.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah and Denken didn't exactly shout it to the heavens that he knew who Frieren was. There's a good chance Richter doesn't know.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Mulva posted:

No, if I was doing that I'd be saying something entirely different.

Btw the cave conversation you referenced hasn't actually shown up in the anime yet so you were in fact doing that, please be more careful

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

sharkmafia posted:

Btw the cave conversation you referenced hasn't actually shown up in the anime yet so you were in fact doing that, please be more careful

Argh hasn't it?? About a month ago I started reading the manga after the episodes going up to where they ended and this week was the first time I read ahead because I was too amped. I'm out of this dumb argument in any case, it's like talking to a brick wall.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

sharkmafia posted:

.....did I loving hallucinate seeing that animated?

e: Jesus Christ.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Mulva posted:

.....did I loving hallucinate seeing that animated?

e: Jesus Christ.

You're getting confused because you're thinking of the manga because it's different.

In the manga, Fern's team is having the conversation about going in to hiding after Fern captures a stille, and then making the decision to replenish their water at the lake, while already walking along the dry riverbed.

In episode 19, that conversation starts in a cave, and after they make the decision to head to the lake they then start walking along the dry riverbed.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Hi, I read the manga and I'm just here to post reactions to episodes and enjoy others reactions to episodes.

I'm not getting into arguments with people who've only seen the anime. That would be lame and embarrassing and cause me to leave the thread preferably forever.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
What would happen:

Wil tries to bind Fern.

Fern releases limiter 1 and expands her mana and just breaks out of it.
blasts him with ordinary offensive magic.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I meant more that they know of an elf named frieren that was part of the hero's party since Lawine called her legendary. But its probably not that big of a leap to figure it out. I guess Kanne didn't pay attention in class or something

frieren wasn't actually concerned that fern would die, she just didn't want to deal with badgering her to read her magical history text because she knows no apprentice does

presumably flamme was like "yo frieren you should read this old magic grimoire" all the time and frieren was like "nah it aint got no demon killin techniques inside" BUT ACTUALLY obscure sour grapes spells turn out to be inexplicably useful for demon murder, and thus formed the seed of regret that spawned frieren's obscure grimoire obsession

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ChronoReverse posted:

In any case, let's discuss something more interesting.

Both examiners could move even as the Stile still approaches them. A spell of some sort (because of the exam maybe?) or a common 1st class ability to move with zero mana leakage that even Frieren doesn't have?

My guess is it just sensed no danger from the examiners. It doesn't stay away from the water with the mana in it because it's poison to them or anything (I think), but because it can tell that it's being hunted.

But then again I barely know anything about real birds, much less fictitious ones

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Jan 30, 2024

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
https://twitter.com/tentenchan2525/status/1752268425463050489?s=19

What's happening here, frieren told aura to check if the chest was a mimic?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I just want to say. The presence of a tiny bird that is able to attain supersonic speeds without the aid of mana tickles me greatly.

I also like the orange coloring. :allears:

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
I'm just expecting the Stile to go "MEEP MEEP!" before it takes off.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
For anyone that might be in to this sort of thing, milet released her Anytime Anywhere EP yesterday.

There are two versions: the 1st is just the "normal" EP, which has "Anytime Anywhere", the song used for ED1 and ED2; and "bliss", the song used for the special ending for Japan where they aired episodes 1-4 as a single episode, as well as the song used as the insert song for episode 11, in addition to two other songs ("Higher", which was used in a TV commercial for Nissan, and "Wings", which was used in a TV commercial for Idemitsu Kosan).

The second version is the "Anime Version", which is two discs, the 1st disc being the full versions of Anytime Anywhere and bliss, as well as the "TV size" versions of ED1, ED2, and the special ED for the Japanese airing of 1-4. The second disc is a Blu-ray disc containing the Anytime Anywhere music video (the actual one as found on milet's YT channel), as well as creditless videos for ED1, ED2, and the special ED.

I ordered the regular version off Ototoy just for lossless, as I don't need the TV versions of anything or the Blu-ray.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

HamburgerTownUSA posted:

For anyone that might be in to this sort of thing, milet released her Anytime Anywhere EP yesterday.

There are two versions: the 1st is just the "normal" EP, which has "Anytime Anywhere", the song used for ED1 and ED2; and "bliss", the song used for the special ending for Japan where they aired episodes 1-4 as a single episode, as well as the song used as the insert song for episode 11, in addition to two other songs ("Higher", which was used in a TV commercial for Nissan, and "Wings", which was used in a TV commercial for Idemitsu Kosan).

The second version is the "Anime Version", which is two discs, the 1st disc being the full versions of Anytime Anywhere and bliss, as well as the "TV size" versions of ED1, ED2, and the special ED for the Japanese airing of 1-4. The second disc is a Blu-ray disc containing the Anytime Anywhere music video (the actual one as found on milet's YT channel), as well as creditless videos for ED1, ED2, and the special ED.

I ordered the regular version off Ototoy just for lossless, as I don't need the TV versions of anything or the Blu-ray.

Thanks for the head's up. There's a version which doesn't seem to match either of the ones you mention on Spotify. It's only 4 tracks. Actually, now that I reread - I think "bliss" is both the song used for the special ending in Japan and also the song used as the insert song in episode 11, in which case the one on Spotify is the first one you mention. Phew, thanks for coming on this journey of realization with me.

In any case, it's nice to have bliss streamable.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

goddamn Serie's voice :stwoon:

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
oh, its a guy, thought it was gonna be another girl elf all this time.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
Serie is a woman though?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

GateOfD posted:

oh, its a guy, thought it was gonna be another girl elf all this time.

It is just that she has a deep voice much like dub Frieren.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Deep voices ftw. Wish I had one.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I like deep voice dub Frieren. It reminds you that this lost child is actually an old hag.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Denken continues to be one of my favorite secondary characters.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Das Boo posted:

I like deep voice dub Frieren. It reminds you that this lost child is actually an old hag.

*sassy* lost child :colbert:

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
episode 21 done

lol, stupid old man Denken really thought he had a chance. And the ninja mage being fooled so easily.
also lol @ the dumb modern mage examiners, the guy knew once he heard the name, but the girl knew the name and still didn't know who it was. Modern mages sure are hopeless.

Frieren just hops away letting the two tied to the tree to get hit by the wave of water.
Obvious that Fern probably knows just as many utility spells as Frieren can teach her. "I'm not going to cast it" Another of Fern's lies.

Good place to end the episode showing what Stark has been up to lol.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Is it just me, or did Siere sound a bit like a mob boss? "...this is how you say hello?"

If she gives Frieren "an offer she can't refuse," would we be expecting a beheaded hamburger in Fern's bed later?

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Denken breaking bones instead of using magic was the best part of the episode.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

SlowBloke posted:

Denken...the best.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Denken's answer to running out of mana is "Yes.....and?" :allears:

Semquais
Dec 5, 2013
Denken :swoon:

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Doodles posted:

Is it just me, or did Siere sound a bit like a mob boss? "...this is how you say hello?"

If she gives Frieren "an offer she can't refuse," would we be expecting a beheaded hamburger in Fern's bed later?

I kind of wish fantasy and historical fiction used mobster parallels more often when depicting nobility. It kind of a grim take, but it's almost certainly closer to the reality than the heavily romanticized nobles we usually get.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Huh, that was not how I expected serie's voice to sound. it's fine though

NuclearWinterUK
Jan 13, 2007

Yes, I am very well
I loved Serie's voice.

Denken getting his badass moment was one of my favourite bits in the manga and it was great to relive it in anime form.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

lol eat poo poo, Richter

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Was very excited for this episode because it has some of my favorite bits from this arc and man it did not disappoint.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Fantasy stories need more

:science: You have ran out of magic/mana/whatever great mage, now you are doomed!

:clint: I am now going to play your rib cage as if it were a xylophone with my fists until you switch to liquid or gas states

moments.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Denken probably took a monk dip somewhere along the way. That was a great reveal of his intention there.

The examiner opening her umbrella immediately was cute too.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I love that this show doesn't have a character I don't like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
"As one who seeks battle, you cannot kill the Demon King" is a very interesting line I'd forgotten.

I love how you know what's going to happen the moment the examiner mentions someone's been analyzing the barrier.