Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Miching Mallecho posted:

I didn't make this, someone on these forums did and I got instantly reminded now. This could happen this year.

No no no, that road leads to being the AEW champ and we can't do that again with CP MUNK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Chris James 2 posted:

A man that’s finally realizing his body’s been telling him to stop two meltdowns ago and it’s not going to give him many more chances to say no

https://twitter.com/WrestleClips/status/1752138406941909054

sleep with the vicious posted:

Fragile ego
Fragile body
Weak mind
Weak spirit

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Personally I would wrestle without getting injured but that's just me.

Jeroen
Jun 2, 2004
I have been accused of a stalker!
Imagine being such an unprofessional shithead that the biggest mark in the universe has to fire you, two days before a PPV in your hometown.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Sex Farm posted:

I like that he says he had the opportunity to be in the UFC. He was brought in as a sideshow, it was one of the carniest things UFC has done right?

They had to run an entire regional scouting operation and mini-tournament to find someone who a) didn't look like a complete schlub but b) CM Punk had a credible chance of beating, and then he steamrolled Punk in two minutes. They then had Punk fight the tournament runner-up, who was in fact only a part-time fighter whose real job was photography, and he made a point out of deliberately not finishing Punk and simply beating on him for fifteen minutes to show how little Punk could actually do to him. And then the fight photographer turned out to have smoked too much weed so in addition to having already been a giant gently caress-you to CM Punk the fight was also stricken from the records.

This angered the promoter so much that he paid an Irish fighter to come in and beat up the photographer as revenge, except the Irish guy instead kicked him in the balls twice in two minutes and then almost gouged out one of his eyes so that fight became one of the small handful of times a UFC fighter has ever won by disqualification.

It is, still, one of the funniest sequences of events in mixed martial arts.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Lmao I didn't know all that background of the second Punk fight. Incredible :allears:

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

CarlCX posted:

They had to run an entire regional scouting operation and mini-tournament to find someone who a) didn't look like a complete schlub but b) CM Punk had a credible chance of beating, and then he steamrolled Punk in two minutes. They then had Punk fight the tournament runner-up, who was in fact only a part-time fighter whose real job was photography, and he made a point out of deliberately not finishing Punk and simply beating on him for fifteen minutes to show how little Punk could actually do to him. And then the fight photographer turned out to have smoked too much weed so in addition to having already been a giant gently caress-you to CM Punk the fight was also stricken from the records.

This angered the promoter so much that he paid an Irish fighter to come in and beat up the photographer as revenge, except the Irish guy instead kicked him in the balls twice in two minutes and then almost gouged out one of his eyes so that fight became one of the small handful of times a UFC fighter has ever won by disqualification.

Man, he somehow went through all that and still thinks he's some sort of bad rear end?

Maybe he is on roids

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Punk finally takes Meltzer and the doctor’s advice, comes back stronger and headlines mania.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

CarlCX posted:

Jesus loving Christ I had no idea.

I feel bad for that photographer though

fullerene
Apr 29, 2022

CarlCX posted:

look in my eyes
what do you see

a man get killed on live TV

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Eat My Fuc posted:

Punk finally takes Meltzer and the doctor’s advice, comes back stronger and headlines mania.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kcg0LmEy53M&ab_channel=BrianSuttererMD

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Eat My Fuc posted:

sources told me he looks like a um... like a smaller haystacks calhoun

johncraig
Jul 26, 2023
Phil Breaks

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

Jeroen posted:

Imagine being such an unprofessional shithead that the biggest mark in the universe has to fire you, two days before a PPV in your hometown.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://x.com/maffewgregg/status/1752283285009342928?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

lol

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Sex Farm posted:

I like that he says he had the opportunity to be in the UFC. He was brought in as a sideshow, it was one of the carniest things UFC has done right?

nothing is more carny than early UFC

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Seams posted:

I ain’t reading any AI shite

edit: PWInsider and Dave both still saying nothing's progressed with Drew McIntyre, but Dave thinks they think Drew's going to stay since they teased him being Punk's return match (Punk will be out till summer, but Drew's deal ends in April)

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Jan 30, 2024

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

CarlCX posted:

Loser gently caress face nerd CM Punk: "I couldn't beat him he was too high!"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Lmao Phil

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TJXUffiOKo

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
fatherdog once said cm punk's first fight would be on the free undercard befitting a rookie fighter like him

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Think Punk or his trainers know he was going to be a tomato can going into that fight or do you think they genuinely thought he had a chance to win?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

punk’s wwe return run was a movie

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

There's a video of Ben Askren toying with Punk during training and hitting a shoot Stone Cold Stunner on him.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

edit: PWInsider and Dave both still saying nothing's progressed with Drew McIntyre, but Dave thinks they think Drew's going to stay since they teased him being Punk's return match (Punk will be out till summer, but Drew's deal ends in April)

Plot twist: they add Punk's injury time onto Drew's contract

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Chris James 2 posted:

Drew has the opportunity to do the funniest thing.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNqE6XCgfS8

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

TheKingslayer posted:

There's a video of Ben Askren toying with Punk during training and hitting a shoot Stone Cold Stunner on him.

It was great. Phil looked embarrassed.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This is a neat breakdown of how the injury occurred and how/why.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

CM Punk has united this entire subforum, no matter the fed you love, no matter the sport you follow. He truly is an icon

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Chris James 2 posted:

Alternative theory: they're HOPING they're gonna twist his arm into resigning by dangling a Punk match in front of his face on live TV, end up looking like idiots when he doesn't and fucks off to AEW. See also: Bucks, The Young; Omega, Kenneth.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

punk’s wwe return run was a movie

That movie: A Series of Unfortunate Events

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

I'm sure Drew is cool but I don't really need to see another WWE guy in AEW this year, especially with Osprey and Okada already coming in to add fresh matches

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

blunt posted:

I'm sure Drew is cool but I don't really need to see another WWE guy in AEW this year, especially with Osprey and Okada already coming in to add fresh matches

I understand this, it's a struggle for me since Drew and Sheamus are both so so so cool but not everyone can go to AEW especially when they're getting those guys in.

Drew go back to TNA and raise it up to the true third company it once tried to be I believe in you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Drew in AEW is gonna end up joining the backstage club of guys who are too proud to job like Malakai Black and Miro.