Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Ugh just give me a 70 dollar light gun and I’m in. That price is just a little too spicy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

yoloer420 posted:

The polymega doesn't really interest me that much, but their light gun does.

Does anyone know if it will work with the mister or other systems?

Yeah, I have 2 in my shopping cart. I can't believe I'm about to give this company another $300 but drat it, the thing has worked fairly well.
It's been relatively drama free with more installations. It took my 32x carts no problem. I'm about to use the MD Flash kit to put the whole 32x library on there. It did just freeze up with one of my old scratched up sega cd discs. One of the main reasons I wanted it was to play Lethal Enforcers, Area 51, etc.

On the good news bus as well, goodwill had 25 packs of blank cds for $2.50 each. 75 more games about to jump onto this beast (over the course of the next few days)

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I don't know what to say other than "god speed". This thing sounds like utter madness when you can just use ROMs on literally any other device.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yeah like if it was an FPGA it might actually be worth the price but when it's just using regular rear end software emulation I can do what it's doing on any mini PC.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

I don't know what to say other than "god speed". This thing sounds like utter madness when you can just use ROMs on literally any other device.

Right? I could have cancelled my order almost a year ago when I got my Series S and could just run any of this off of that beast in dev mode however, it was the light guns / alleged N64 that convinced me to stay the course. My order was like $700 shipped and now it's like $799+ shipping for the same bundle.

The interface is really nice though.

I might do a walk through etc at some point after I clean up my office and rid the area of misc gamecube parts that are currently laying about.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hype

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Mine cleared customs this morning so I'm expecting..Wednesday probably

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

New curse unlocked: Being annoyed at the differences in boxart not lining up after scraping

I want them all standardised :negative:

The Skraper utility has the same issue as well :negative:

And the built-in Daijisho scraper gave up renaming roms halfway through, cause apparently there's a tiny rear end limit from the site that does that.

:livintrope:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

one thing I don't like about the Flip, especially with a grip added, is the start/select buttons being bottom-center rather than at the corners, they're just a little bit out of reach that it's kind of annoying to press them.

i've now finished i think 4 games on the Flip (Grandia 3, FF4 PSP, Ys Ark of Napishtim, Golden Sun), so-- albeit slowly-- I'm getting my money's worth out of it

i'm staying away from ps2 for a while though until i have something that runs it better. but i still have a lot of ps1 RPGs to play. perhaps... chrono cross???

Infinitum posted:

And the built-in Daijisho scraper gave up renaming roms halfway through, cause apparently there's a tiny rear end limit from the site that does that.

:livintrope:
i think the limit is for anonymous scraping, and if you create an account there's no limit, but i could be wrong. i think screenscraper has the same limit

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Infinitum posted:

New curse unlocked: Being annoyed at the differences in boxart not lining up after scraping

How is driver for GBC :eyepop:

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Daily Polymega Update:
today I binge-installed PSX games on the thing while on the phone for work.
I also just now figured out that while installing from a CD you can also install cartridge games simultaneously. Average CD game takes 10-15 minutes or so I'd guess, so in that time instead of waiting you can get another 20 cartridge games installed if you just have a stack to move through.
Fewer issues and freezes. I think I only had about 4 restarts all day however, I think some of it may be due to overheating. It stopped recognizing that it had the Sega module on it.

I've come to the conclusion that I hate the default controller. It's like a PS2/3/4 controller except it has these raised edges around the analog sticks which prevent you from resting your (giant) thumbs comfortably. I need there to be an xbox shaped controller for this.
Tested controller compatibility:
*8bitdo bluetooth n30pro - NO
*Xbox 360 - NO (despite several references to this being possible. Adapter maybe?)
*Xbox One - NO
*8bitdo Neo Geo 2.4ghz - NO
*8bitdo PCEngine 2.4ghz - NO
*8bitdo M30 - YES, beautifully but I set it down somewhere and now I can't find it.
*8bitdo N30 - NO

I'd love to test the 8bitdo Ultimate since it's xbox shaped but I don't have one (yet)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The 7th Guest posted:

i think the limit is for anonymous scraping, and if you create an account there's no limit, but i could be wrong. i think screenscraper has the same limit

For Skraper or the built-in Daijisho one? Currently using Skraper on my PC to batch download everything, but it's really the renaming not working that's most annoying.

Hadlock posted:

There's a bunch of cool stuff for the GBC that you wouldn't think works well, but is actually super charming in it's limitations

Metal Gear Solid being a good example
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOIe1bcWAn0

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Hadlock posted:

Much better than you’d think, I might actually prefer it to the PS1 version.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

otter posted:

Tested controller compatibility:
*8bitdo bluetooth n30pro - NO
*Xbox 360 - NO (despite several references to this being possible. Adapter maybe?)
*Xbox One - NO
*8bitdo Neo Geo 2.4ghz - NO
*8bitdo PCEngine 2.4ghz - NO
*8bitdo M30 - YES, beautifully but I set it down somewhere and now I can't find it.
*8bitdo N30 - NO

I'd love to test the 8bitdo Ultimate since it's xbox shaped but I don't have one (yet)

Dude you even have all rhe controllers. I just want to know how big is your gaming area in your man cave.

Personally I don't like having too many controllers. I wish there is a controller with 4 bluetooth switch in the back so I can connect to xbox/SD/shield/android tablet with a hard switch. I prefer bt over 2.4 ghz.

mystes
May 31, 2006

stephenthinkpad posted:

Dude you even have all rhe controllers. I just want to know how big is your gaming area in your man cave.
It's like one of those movie scenes where someone hits a switch and all the panels on the walls flip around to reveal an assortment of guns but it's all controllers

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I have 8 controllers on my coffee table right now.

Also 2 on my PC desk.

Also the Dualshock 2 that technically isn't on the table because it's on the PS2.

And the Dualshock that's on the floor.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I have holders all over my house for my controllers. 3 on the Xbox, 2 under my desk, 2 under each of my coffee tables.

Really somebody just need to build a PS style controller with a hard dial switch in the back so I can dial in on one of the 5 bluetooth modes. I prefer PS because is lighter than Xbox controller. Also both PS and Xbox icons on the buttons. I will live without the Nintendo button layout.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

That's literally just what the 8bitdo Pro 2 has with modes for Switch/Apple/Xinput/Dinput.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

njsykora posted:

That's literally just what the 8bitdo Pro 2 has with modes for Switch/Apple/Xinput/Dinput.

But how many different modes for bluetooth? My keyboard has 3 different modes of bluetooth.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

mystes posted:

It's like one of those movie scenes where someone hits a switch and all the panels on the walls flip around to reveal an assortment of guns but it's all controllers

It’s closer to this than you think.
I built a board with controller mounts 4 across and something like 8 vertically.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I'm reminded of the dude who made that giant Nintendo switch wall shelf with the motorized compartments.

I actually just re-watched the video and forgot that he demos the thing by playing Mario Kart 64 in 16:9.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

I'm reminded of the dude who made that giant Nintendo switch wall shelf with the motorized compartments.

I actually just re-watched the video and forgot that he demos the thing by playing Mario Kart 64 in 16:9.

Wasn’t that cgi?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Rinkles posted:

Wasn’t that cgi?

Oh god was it? I can't tell because I'm both old AND gullible as hell

https://www.tiktok.com/@tigertomarts/video/7189816418983103786?lang=en

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Oh god was it? I can't tell because I'm both old AND gullible as hell

https://www.tiktok.com/@tigertomarts/video/7189816418983103786?lang=en

You made me loving register for a tictok account. But I got to admit that's pretty cool.

Switch with the red and blue colors are one of the ugliest console of all time but motorizing furniture is cool.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Oh god I'm sorry. I just googled it and it was a TikTok link that worked. I don't have an account there due to my oldness and unfamiliarity with the ludicrous interface.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Here's a non-tiktok video. It doesn't look CGI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuthv3Qx8A

Consoles are there for display and holding extra controllers.
Looks like he's modded the under panel to house all the different systems

There's a bunch of vids on his facebook as well - https://www.facebook.com/alexander.girbinger

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
The battery on my hacked 3DS is wild. Decided I wanted to play some Castlevania today and it’s still charged after a year of being off in a drawer.

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

stephenthinkpad posted:

You made me loving register for a tictok account. But I got to admit that's pretty cool.

Switch with the red and blue colors are one of the ugliest console of all time but motorizing furniture is cool.

Next time, just "X" out of the tiktok login popup. Unlike Instagram, Twitter, etc they don't actually force you to log in/create an account. At least, not yet.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

How do I get WiiWare .wad titles setup in Dolphin on Android?

Think I'm missing a step somewhere

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Infinitum posted:

How do I get WiiWare .wad titles setup in Dolphin on Android?

Think I'm missing a step somewhere

Install the System Menu, then any installed WADs show up in that when you boot it

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Legend

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

My 4Pro showed up this morning (got confused because the customs label said "home casual clothes") and, man. Those sticks are so much better than the 3+ ones. Goddamn.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Rolo posted:

The battery on my hacked 3DS is wild. Decided I wanted to play some Castlevania today and it’s still charged after a year of being off in a drawer.

I was packing up some stuff two or three days ago, stumbled upon my old, original NDS and the little fucker still had probably a quarter charge even after having been tucked away for probably five years or longer. Hell, it's likely closer to 6-7 years tbh.

And last I checked, about a year ago, my original NES Legend of Zelda still had what looked to be usable save games on it...

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I’m not sure which Citra I used bc I have three versions installed for some reason, but one of them works surprisingly well on the Flip. DQ7 ran at full speed at 1x and 7th Dragon III ran at 2x seemingly without issue

DQ7 did have some texture glitches though.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Hey everyone, for the Retroid 3 and 4, how are the dpads on those things? I don't plan on doing an crazy speedrunning on them or anything but at least I would like something comparable to how snappy an SNES/Nintendo dpad feels since I hate playing retro games with an analog stick that well, weren't made with that in mind.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
The D pad on my RP3+ and RP2S, which I think are the exact same, are fantastic. They're more clicky than a traditional controller but it feels great to use.

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

OneMoreTime posted:

Hey everyone, for the Retroid 3 and 4, how are the dpads on those things? I don't plan on doing an crazy speedrunning on them or anything but at least I would like something comparable to how snappy an SNES/Nintendo dpad feels since I hate playing retro games with an analog stick that well, weren't made with that in mind.

If you've ever used a Vita, they're extremely similar to those. Somewhere in the middle ground between an SNES and a GBA SP dpad, very responsive and reliable.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Sony Dpad > Nintendo Dpad.

Fight me.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Sony and retro Nintendo controls are all a thousand times better than the Joy Con.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Corb3t posted:

Sony Dpad > Nintendo Dpad.

Fight me.

NES and SNES dpads? I'd consider them all at least equal. I've really never had problems with either in my decades using both.