Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Platystemon posted:

Tired: bicubic
Wired: bispheric

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Platystemon posted:

Tired: bicubic
Wired: bispheric

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Skios posted:

https://twitter.com/LozzaFox/status/1752001661441049057

For context, this man just lost a defamation lawsuit in the UK that he had filed against several people, including Nicola Thorp, for calling him racist. The judge basically ruled 'given this man's reputation, calling him a racist can't make it any worse, therefore calling him a racist is not defamatory.' Apparently he thinks that now means that he can call her racist in return.

Also the only reason anyone even knows who Laurence Fox is is because he wasplayed Morse's sidekick's sidekick on the first of the two Morse spin-offs, Lewis, which was very popular.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
It’s especially funny to me because he’s famous but, like, only English famous. I have no idea who these people are or what tv shows they were on.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Scratch Monkey posted:

It’s especially funny to me because he’s famous but, like, only English famous. I have no idea who these people are or what tv shows they were on.

quote:

It is thought to have been seen worldwide by 1 billion people in 200 countries. Morse was one of the first big British drama series to successfully cross the Atlantic, where it’s final iteration is part of the Masterpiece strand.

FYI:
Colin Dexter's Morse novels were published 1975-1999.
Morse aired between 1987-2000, starring John Thaw as Morse and Kevin Whately as Lewis.
Lewis aired 2006-2015, starring Whately, and Laurence Fox as Hathaway.
Endeavour aired 2012-2023, starring some goober as Morse.

I'd suggest giving the first two a read/look. They're not bad!

e: It's mildly amusing that for young Morse they chose an actor that looks and acts absolutely nothing like John Thaw, but also wrote him as a completely different character (i.e. useless).

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 13:41 on Jan 30, 2024

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Scratch Monkey posted:

as always achewood nailed it

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

we gotta do something about all these losers

definitely not making women gently caress them tho

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

But by this logic border being open and DEI increase sperm so it helps mating rituals

I mean that logic doesn’t make any sense but if we pretend it did it still doesn’t work

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

CharlestheHammer posted:

But by this logic border being open and DEI increase sperm so it helps mating rituals

I mean that logic doesn’t make any sense but if we pretend it did it still doesn’t work

We're gonna build a wall and make Mexico cum on it!

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Scott Adams and Elon should have a contest for the title of Most Divorced Man.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Imagine sitting down, writing that and posting on the internet for everyone to read.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

For the record the Idiocracy is caring about any of the star* series because they all suck rear end

Read blindsight for good scifi

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

thank s

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

tokin opposition posted:

I was in a book shop in London with Richard Stallman once and he pulled Blindsight down from a shelf and told me to read it. He absolutely loves that book.

Star Trek is good btw

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

If they were to ever come in contact with each other it would mean travel between galaxies, which neither series has really done much of. I know the travellers can do it because the one time they accidentally took the Enterprise to the edge of the universe. And then there's the Kelvans but that took like 300 years just to get one galaxy over.

I only watched the original 3 star wars movies, and one prequel supercut. I've never watched any shows or the newer movies.

If the Borg cube traveled to where ever SW takes place, it means they'd have crossed the galactic barrier, which can give you god powers. So that would be considered too.

Assuming some other god species decided to put them same time and same place, I think the stargate people are correct, though.

I don't care if trap is sprung my dignity is like a lizard's tail I can let it go and regrow it.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Hellblazer187 posted:

If they were to ever come in contact with each other it would mean travel between galaxies, which neither series has really done much of. I know the travellers can do it because the one time they accidentally took the Enterprise to the edge of the universe. And then there's the Kelvans but that took like 300 years just to get one galaxy over.

I only watched the original 3 star wars movies, and one prequel supercut. I've never watched any shows or the newer movies.

If the Borg cube traveled to where ever SW takes place, it means they'd have crossed the galactic barrier, which can give you god powers. So that would be considered too.

Assuming some other god species decided to put them same time and same place, I think the stargate people are correct, though.

I don't care if trap is sprung my dignity is like a lizard's tail I can let it go and regrow it.

It's more like your good posts in that it doesn't exist.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
https://twitter.com/eerlijk_eten/status/1751994108980142322

For context - this is the Twitter account for some butcher box-style delivery service, using the head of the pro-Putin alt-right party in Dutch parliament to promote their meat. He promptly absolutely destroys it, and then the ex-pro footballer they also hired has to pretend that he loves it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Star Wars takes place "a long time ago" and Star Trek explicitly takes place in our future, so there would also have to be time travel in addition to galaxy hopping for a Borg Cube to fight a Death Star.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Air Skwirl posted:

Star Wars takes place "a long time ago" and Star Trek explicitly takes place in our future, so there would also have to be time travel in addition to galaxy hopping for a Borg Cube to fight a Death Star.

yeah but ST has tons of time travel, seems to be pretty easy in that universe.

Dameius posted:

It's more like your good posts in that it doesn't exist.

I'm sure I've had at least one or two decent posts in the twenty years I've been here. I did used to post in D&D, so obviously none of those posts count.

That's just about the span between TOS ending and TNG starting. Actually a little longer.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Hellblazer187 posted:

I'm sure I've had at least one or two decent posts in the twenty years I've been here. I did used to post in D&D, so obviously none of those posts count.

I'm sure you have, was just going for the easy layup you sent up.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Air Skwirl posted:

Time travel is like the easiest thing to assume is reasonable if Star Trek is involved.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Yngwie Mangosteen posted:

Time travel is like the easiest thing to assume is reasonable if Star Trek is involved.

Yeah, I forgot about like half the movies and a good chunk of the television episodes.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

tokin opposition posted:

Nobody Interesting posted:

I was in a book shop in London with Richard Stallman once and he pulled Blindsight down from a shelf and told me to read it. He absolutely loves that book.

Star Trek is good btw
Incredible recommendations so far

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Skios posted:

For context - this is the Twitter account for some butcher box-style delivery service, using the head of the pro-Putin alt-right party in Dutch parliament to promote their meat. He promptly absolutely destroys it, and then the ex-pro footballer they also hired has to pretend that he loves it.

Even before he annihilated it that was an absolutely terrible looking piece of beef. USDA select looking cut. Sad.

RoastBeef has a new favorite as of 22:29 on Jan 30, 2024

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

That is the absolute weirdest piece of meat. Before cooking, it looks like bad beef, and after cooking it looks like bad pork.
How the gently caress do you cook beef so badly that it looks like overcooked pork?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It looks like a pork tenderloin even raw.

You could probably still make it taste nice just... not by cremating it.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Jesus, that's beef?

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

Cocaine Bear posted:

Jesus, that's beef?

The lesser-known Wendy's ad.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Skios posted:

Ironic echo of Stonetoss’ “hamburgers?”

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

goblin week posted:

Honestly it's a really good book

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Hellblazer187 posted:

yeah but ST has tons of time travel, seems to be pretty easy in that universe.

I did used to post in D&D, so obviously none of those posts count.

it works like the fyad post count; every d&d post is a -1 on your good post counter

goblin week posted:

hate me if you must, but i know my scifi

-----

lol

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
sad_trombone.wav

https://twitter.com/CNBCnow/status/1752449446820860415

quote:

“In the final analysis, Musk launched a self-driving process, recalibrating the speed and direction along the way as he saw fit,” the judge wrote. “The process arrived at an unfair price. And through this litigation, the plaintiff requests a recall.”

lmfao

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

They're basically black Scientology. And probably an op.

Black Mormonism.

Scientology is Showbiz Mormonism.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

FreudianSlippers posted:

Black Mormonism.

Scientology is Showbiz Mormonism.

No, they're both worse than that.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Baron von Eevl posted:

No, they're both worse than that.

No they're just younger

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Do the Mormons have assassins

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Schubalts posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The...C%20New%20York.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Saying CoS and NoI are worse than LDS is not praise towards Mormonism so much as a reminder of how incredibly awful the other two are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Schubalts posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porter_Rockwell