Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

vaginite posted:

Oh no I think I might be a chud :(

:same:

:sad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1752344725678375044

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

funeral home DJ posted:

Honestly the NFL boycott is as real to me as the umpteen boycotts they’ve had against Disney, Bud Light, etc. where it’s all performative horse poo poo said online and in the media. Not a single one of them would cancel their flights to their Vegas or Florida vacations upon learning the pilots were women, just like how not a single NFL fan actually stopped watching the games.

Football is bigger than ever and owns something like eight of the top 10 most watched TV events every year. I still hear people say "I can't watch the games because they kneel at the national anthem" despite that being a thing from eight years ago, but they're such a vocal minority they think their little boycott was huge and remains so.

A lot of the people who are "boycotting" Disney aren't even in Disney's target demographic and they started their crusade against the company around when it got extremely clear their movie division was seemingly unlearning how to make anything worth watching. Instead of realizing there was no real interest in that one movie everyone forgot existed immediately after it came out they just kept shouting "GO WOKE GO BROKE" because there was a same sex kiss, which led to a boycott that worked; in their minds, anyway. They can't accept that stuff isn't good and have to hyperfocus on their grievances so they can feel like they have control and power when they are just living in the same world as us where Disney makes a bunch of bad movies.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
whenever a right-wing talking head blames DEI for something I'd like someone to ask them which race, gender, sexual orientation, or religion they believe was responsible for the catastrophe

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

beef sweat posted:

Imagine taking credit for someone else’s work at your job and your boss comes to you and says, “hey, you’re trying to take credit for this work but it’s very well documented that, not only did you have nothing to do with it, you actively attempted to stop this work from being done. What’s up with that??”

And you just say “i dunno, i don’t remember, that was like a month ago”

Just the best loving people :lmao:

It’s obvious that these are good and popular things. So why aren’t they voting for them?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Silly Burrito posted:

It’s obvious that these are good and popular things. So why aren’t they voting for them?

gently caress you, got mine, and pulling the ladder up behind them. Also they just want to hurt people by any means possible, and to make the other side look bad.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Maybe this is why they're banging the drum less on removing him right now?

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.
Alina Habba attended Widener University Commonwealth Law School - ranked as one of the worst law schools in the country.

https://www.ilrg.com/rankings/law/view/193

https://workafterschool.com/worst-law-schools-in-the-us/

https://moneyinc.com/worst-law-schools-united-states/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Praying there is a verdict today in the New York fraud trial. :pray:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Frank Frank posted:

Those people were already voting for Trump anyway. There's no scenario where someone is a huge Taylor Swift fan but also a Trump weirdo who suddenly goes "dang, I'd better vote for BIden" when Swift endorses him. Also Swift is probably not going to endorse any political candidate - why would she?

I really do love the implication though that they place so much weight on ENDORSEMENTS that they think Taylor Swift giving one to Biden is the kiss of death for Trump and an unbeatable psyop. They've become so well trained by Trump passing out his holy FULL AND TOTAL ENDORSEMENTS like gold rings or parade candy, that they cannot even comprehend an election running any other way anymore.

Just whoever is blessed by the touch of the gods who walk among us, those are the ones who must rule

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

The wording on that is throwing me off. Does that mean Ol Mike has raised a ton, or…that he must moved money around?

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Mans don’t have a checking account???

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Is DEI the new hot scary acronym? Did CRT lose its fear factor?

beef sweat
Jan 1, 2013

zone posted:

gently caress you, got mine, and pulling the ladder up behind them. Also they just want to hurt people by any means possible, and to make the other side look bad.

They bow down to a ketchup demigod who, as we heard in a court of law, malice is very on brand for.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Serious_Cyclone posted:

whenever a right-wing talking head blames DEI for something I'd like someone to ask them which race, gender, sexual orientation, or religion they believe was responsible for the catastrophe

All of them.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

beef sweat posted:

ketchup demigod

Now that’s a pro tier username.

FungiCap
Jul 23, 2007

Let's all just calm down and put on our thinking caps.

redshirt posted:

most definitely. CRT. Woke. DEI is 2024

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Silly Burrito posted:

Because FJB

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Silly Burrito posted:

That would be fixing problems and making things better. These are antithetical to the Republican idea of "less government is better government". If it fixes something, that's bad, because 'government' did it. They have to vote against it or another shrieking white hot sphere of pure rage will primary them out of their position by calling them a big-government RINO deep state Soros-funded enemy.

Now when it comes time to hand out those checks and sign for the projects to get started that's obviously a good thing because it's going to their own voters, so they'll stand at the ceremonies and cut political ads showing how much they did for their constituents, but they have to vote against that happening in the first place or they lose a primary election.

Make sense yet?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

MEIN RAVEN posted:

The wording on that is throwing me off. Does that mean Ol Mike has raised a ton, or…that he must moved money around?

it just means he didn't do much fundraising before he became speaker

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

redshirt posted:

Yes, Chris rufo decided he needed to charge this particular windmill for the exact reasons you think he would

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

redshirt posted:

"SJW" was wearing thin, they had to update it because they sounded like ninnies.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Waffle House posted:

"SJW" was wearing thin, they had to update it because they sounded like ninnies.

"Woke" has also lost its magic because people started asking them to define it and they all melt down in an incoherent ramble trying to answer it. So woke is out now too.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Um the victims were all black, clearly it was dei's fault

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

The biggest indicator of Swift being a CIA project is that every single one of their projects eventually comes home to harm the imperial core.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

TontoCorazon posted:

Um the victims were all black, clearly it was dei's fault

I'd prefer to force their hand to say "we believe a bunch of black people caused this" instead of just hiding behind DEI as a catch-all

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Sandweed posted:

The biggest indicator of Swift being a CIA project is that every single one of their projects eventually comes home to harm the imperial core.
Are you saying we must decolonize Tay?

Problematic to say the least

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

nine-gear crow posted:

"Woke" has also lost its magic because people started asking them to define it and they all melt down in an incoherent ramble trying to answer it. So woke is out now too.

Backpedalling straight into denigrating minorities to own the libs

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Yep just saw that too

This is going to be interesting

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1752354747137368083?s=20

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Another milestone in a long history of the Bush Crime Family

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

:munch: I wouldn't be surprised if poo poo like this happens all the time, but Cori Bush was a convenient target for whatever reason.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

beef sweat posted:

They bow down to a ketchup demigod who, as we heard in a court of law, malice is very on brand for.

lmao ketchup demigod is great

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Waffle House posted:

:munch: I wouldn't be surprised if poo poo like this happens all the time, but Cori Bush was a convenient target for whatever reason.

Because she's black and she's popular and she wants to hold other people accountable for their poo poo?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

nine-gear crow posted:

yup. dei they'll just say "it's hiring minorities over more qualified whites", affirmative action but shorter.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

weird how you can't seem to huck a dinner roll across Congress without hitting someone who is, at that exact moment, committing a robbery

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Did they take away all of Trumps businesses and kick him to the curb yet?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Nope, Engorons said Trump was TOTALLY EXONERATED

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

nine-gear crow posted:

Because she's black and she's popular and she wants to hold other people accountable for their poo poo?

I mean if her or her staff did what they think may have been done, then the investigation is warranted.

If it happens a lot and she's the only one getting pulled into a show for it, then they need to go after everyone. But we don't know that's the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

bird food bathtub posted:

That would be fixing problems and making things better. These are antithetical to the Republican idea of "less government is better government". If it fixes something, that's bad, because 'government' did it. They have to vote against it or another shrieking white hot sphere of pure rage will primary them out of their position by calling them a big-government RINO deep state Soros-funded enemy.

Now when it comes time to hand out those checks and sign for the projects to get started that's obviously a good thing because it's going to their own voters, so they'll stand at the ceremonies and cut political ads showing how much they did for their constituents, but they have to vote against that happening in the first place or they lose a primary election.

Make sense yet?

I know, I know, it’s just basic hypocrisy, but drat it sure is annoying.