Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

is there a writeup on this anywhere

What’s her name did a pretty good video on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

*pushing lindsay's hobbit videos at you like a cartoon rat in an anti-drug psa* part 3 of 2 my friend. don't worry, this one's free

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Cubone posted:

*pushing lindsay's hobbit videos at you like a cartoon rat in an anti-drug psa* part 3 of 2 my friend. don't worry, this one's free

Yeah her.

Imo they are really good videos on the subject.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Here is an extremely thorough distillation of every lovely part of it plus a few rabble rousing arguable bits (if you want international production you probably need some kind of rebate system but probably not one that is $1 for $1 with the tax rate):

https://thespinoff.co.nz/media/07-12-2021/the-true-cost-of-lord-of-the-rings-1-billion-and-counting

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Don't watch an incorrect American non RLM Youtuber please

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Kingo Ligma posted:

What does that imperialist American cheeseburger-muncher get wrong exactly?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Kingo Ligma posted:

https://youtu.be/wFSbymD9bwg?si=AxVVjrktVM7u-6Vd

this guy’s from New Zealand

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Endless Trash posted:

What does that imperialist American cheeseburger-muncher get wrong exactly?

I'm not watching 6 hours of Lindsay, what the gently caress is wrong with you? She's American, knows one New Zealander in the industry, and didn't bother asking him anything lol.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Cubone posted:

Kingo Ligma posted:

Here is an extremely thorough distillation of every lovely part of it plus a few rabble rousing arguable bits (if you want international production you probably need some kind of rebate system but probably not one that is $1 for $1 with the tax rate):

https://thespinoff.co.nz/media/07-12-2021/the-true-cost-of-lord-of-the-rings-1-billion-and-counting

Thank you both

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
https://x.com/variety/status/1752091400819126273?s=46&t=nGLHvHjFd0Mgr2TKVx4enQ

You know how Sokka began Avatar with all these sexist ideas that throughout the series are constantly proven to him are wrong and as he travels the world he learns and grows into a better man?

What if he just didn’t do any of that? Watch our show!

Edit: Genuinely curious how the remake will handle the episode where they first meet the Kiyoshi Warriors, where like half the episode is about Sokka trying to act superior and getting checked hard

Gutcruncher fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jan 30, 2024

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Grown rear end adults using the word "iffy" lmao

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
It's too bad that they always replace the old stuff with absolutely nothing at all when they do this, instead of exploring the character in a different way that could be equally as compelling as the original

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Mordja posted:

Grown rear end adults using the word "iffy" lmao

i know right, gives me the ick

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

It's too bad that they always replace the old stuff with absolutely nothing at all when they do this, instead of exploring the character in a different way that could be equally as compelling as the original

Hey now, when Netflix tried with the Cowboy Bebop remake they replaced old stuff with... unspeakably bad stuff instead.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
my expectations of “grown rear end adults” fall lower every year. whole generations plagued by arrested development, collectively regressing toward perpetual high school maturity. whats the gender neutral term for manbabies?

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

wrap it up 2023 oscar bait, the good poo poo is coming in 2024

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8zxiB5Qhsc

i'm gonna be there opening night

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
I'm not watching netflix avatar until a second season comes out and people can tell me if they removed the jokes about toph being blind

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

dreezy posted:

whats the gender neutral term for manbabies?

Disney adult

billymumphrey
Mar 2, 2022
I saw the Iron Claw today.

Was the only one in the cinema.

It was just alright. Not amazing or compelling, but not bad either.

Musical choices were really predictable though.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Kingo Ligma posted:

I'm not watching 6 hours of Lindsay, what the gently caress is wrong with you? She's American, knows one New Zealander in the industry, and didn't bother asking him anything lol.

She was right about everything, including not wasting her time talking to kiwis

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Imagine completely dismantling your entire film industry and the benefits of everyone who works in it for the loving hobbit trilogy lol

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 13 hours!)

is mike a oval office?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

dreezy posted:

my expectations of “grown rear end adults” fall lower every year. whole generations plagued by arrested development, collectively regressing toward perpetual high school maturity. whats the gender neutral term for manbabies?
something awful forums user

https://i.imgur.com/c8IWj96.mp4

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

roomtone posted:

is mike a oval office?

In the positive sense yes

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

roomtone posted:

is mike a oval office?

Rich is a good oval office

billymumphrey
Mar 2, 2022
Unless you're Australian, this is cultural appropriation!!! :argh:

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Make a pavlova about it

Cubone
May 26, 2011

the word oval office is currently undergoing a transformation, taking on the connotation of stylish and feminine-coded assertive self-confidence. time will tell if it sticks

I offer no agenda in reporting this,, thsi is merely a statement of observation of an ongoing development in our living language
also I would not recommend attempting use of it to nonprofessionals stateside (vocative use is still a little iffy)

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
mike definitely serves oval office

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Cubone posted:

the word oval office is currently undergoing a transformation, taking on the connotation of stylish and feminine-coded assertive self-confidence. time will tell if it sticks

I offer no agenda in reporting this,, thsi is merely a statement of observation of an ongoing development in our living language
also I would not recommend attempting use of it to nonprofessionals stateside (vocative use is still a little iffy)

That is more about straight people co-opting gay slang that has been around for as long as any of us here have been alive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYTuzFNZftY

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Cubone posted:

why did he have anti-ghost spray that doesn't work on ghosts

It does work on ghosts, ghost won’t touch anything coated in it. But the primary use is if you spray your eyeballs with it, you’re able to see ghosts.

Both applications are because the spray contains microscopic Menger Sponges, which traps ghost energy.

Gripweed fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Jan 30, 2024

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ah Menger sponges, of course

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

sharknado slashfic posted:

A sponge just for your minge

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

sharknado slashfic posted:

Yeah the plot is that the Japanese government, with international cooperation, is trying to build a really big Menger Sponge. They got the world’s greatest Menger Sponge expert to lead the program, but he only cares about them because of their ghost related properties. So he’s secretly using all the project’s resources on his ghost research.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

gently caress no. I made it about 30 seconds in and they’re already beating the soft-reboot nostalgia drum; like the last one didn’t count and this is the for real nostalgia bait we promise guys!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Do you think they'll reference the dickless joke in what is basically a kids movie?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Dijkstracula posted:

wrap it up 2023 oscar bait, the good poo poo is coming in 2024

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8zxiB5Qhsc

i'm gonna be there opening night

hell yeah

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke