Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/knesset-committee-votes-14-2-to-expel-far-left-mk-for-backing-icj-case-against-israel/
Knesset committee votes 14-2 to expel far-left MK for backing ICJ case against Israel

The Knesset House Committee votes 14-2 to expel Hadash-Ta’al MK Ofer Cassif, referring the far-left lawmaker’s impeachment to the Knesset plenum, where the motion will require the support of 90 lawmakers to pass.

“This is a black day for the Knesset,” Hadash-Ta’al chairman Ahmad Tibi declares following the vote.

The committee’s decision comes after Deputy Attorney General Avital Sompolinsky told lawmakers that attempts to expel Cassif from the Knesset lack a legal basis.

Cassif, the only Jewish member of Knesset from the Arab-majority Hadash-Ta’al party, signed a petition of support earlier this month for South Africa’s case at the International Court of Justice and has publicly accused Israeli leaders of advocating for crimes against humanity against the Palestinians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Sancho Banana posted:

loving look at this poo poo

https://twitter.com/GLZRadio/status/1752218913813729470?t=CY1I5NvVwCaPvexHKvu6qQ&s=19

And look how the media is framing this:

https://twitter.com/N12News/status/1752217262864400517?t=WmoxgdDm4q-pAtqISiVNUQ&s=19

Blah blah human shields secret terrorist base *faaaaarts*

Absolute annihilation to the state of Israel

I cannot emphasize enough the sentiment of 'they cannot keep getting away with this'

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Jove posted:

Holy poo poo. My union (a union of public defenders affiliated with the UAW) received a "request for information" from the House Committee on Education and the Workforce that reads straight out of HUAC.

Truly sick and disgusting poo poo. DTI, DTA.

What's the request?

I don't know if the request for information is just a method of sending official notes, but I don't see anything they actually want to know here.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Frosted Flake posted:

What's the request?

I don't know if the request for information is just a method of sending official notes, but I don't see anything they actually want to know here.

There was more info they removed bc it identified their local and workplace.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Biden yelled at the media while walking to his helicopter that he blames Iran for the dead US soldiers, but that he doesn't want a wider war in the Middle East

The US is going to have a wider war in the Middle East to keep the genocide going

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

In Training posted:

There was more info they removed bc it identified their local and workplace.

Ah gotcha gotcha.

It's still insane to have the federal government ask what you meant when you describe a violent incident as a violent incident. Particularly when they talk about Yemeni civilians impacted by proximity to US aircraft originating kinetic events or whatever level of passive voice they're at now.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

Egg Moron posted:

Israel is a real piece of poo poo

Another dawn is breaking, and Tel Aviv is still Israeli :unsmith:

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

Raccooon posted:

Where are you firing missiles at Iran that they can’t reach you from? Also Iran could probably just annihilate every US base in the region with mass missile attacks.

They could also just send one every ten minutes or every hour and exhaust the defensive batteries that way

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Dokapon Findom posted:

Another dawn is breaking, and Tel Aviv is still Israeli :unsmith:

Never was

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
look at how many gray hairs he has for 25...loving Israel

https://twitter.com/azaizamotaz9/status/1752357507987648607

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Egg Moron posted:

I believe both stories

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Fast Luck posted:

Israel's terrorist hospital raid, they just keep finding new ways to astonish me as to their depravity.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

SplitSoul posted:

If anyone else is finding it hard to keep up with the number of countries affirming their total complicity in the genocide against Palestinians, UN Watch keeps a handy list updated to celebrate their victory over humanitarian aid.

https://unwatch.org/updated-list-of-countries-suspending-unwra-funding/

Don't try to entice me with cake, I shan't be attending.

I just want to point out that once again this list shows Japan is a verified member of the "WEST" while South Korea and Taiwan only have partial membership or they are only wannabes but not really inside the club of evil west.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

fantastic game, played through it earlier this month

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks

Al-Saqr posted:

drat wow they found a lathe its over israel won

*ahem* the lathe

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

carcinofuck posted:

*ahem* the lathe

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I have either escaped posting jail or they forgot to chain probe me for a minute, vPalestine and Yemen will be victorious

:d2a:

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Don’t forget to harass your Zionist representatives via voicemails or their constituent portal it’s free and a while it probably won’t do much it’s a better shot than voting and it feels good.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/UkiyaSeed/status/1752247540739907744?t=XI2e9gHDOu9zSIXD-sm2yw&s=19

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Atrocious Joe posted:

Biden yelled at the media while walking to his helicopter that he blames Iran for the dead US soldiers, but that he doesn't want a wider war in the Middle East

The US is going to have a wider war in the Middle East to keep the genocide going

People in the Middle East mad at us and mad at Israel? The only possible explanation is nefarious Iranian machinations

This is like when the US thought communist revolutionaries worldwide were all just following orders from Moscow but somehow even dumber

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

best version would be a 19th century lathe like when the toronto police confiscate someone's blunderbuss and claim they've stopped Crimes

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

https://twitter.com/Doylech/status/1752282513869795804

just like when they backed the beheaded babies claim or the command center under al shifa hospital, just taking Israel's word for it (because the US gleefully wants to starve palestinians too, I have to assume)

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Best Friends posted:

People in the Middle East mad at us and mad at Israel? The only possible explanation is nefarious Iranian machinations

This is like when the US thought communist revolutionaries worldwide were all just following orders from Moscow but somehow even dumber

They fear the power of the Arab hivemind, lead by Iran, a notable Arab country.

Also can I request a mod to get the avatar someone bought me back lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
the lathe is a metaphor you dummies

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Fast Luck posted:

just like when they backed the beheaded babies claim or the command center under al shifa hospital, just taking Israel's word for it (because the US gleefully wants to starve palestinians too, I have to assume)

it's basically collective punishment with other means

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
The Khathe

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
men with lathes and milling machines built the atomic bomb. bet you didn't think of that one

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Al-Saqr posted:

https://x.com/AJArabic/status/1752084859885883738?s=20

lol the iranian drone that killed those american losers is a copy of the super ultra secret american spy drone that the iranians managed to hack to land safely in iran back in 2012

Well, that explains the fatal assumption that it was u.s. drone.

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

CNN is literally a nazi yellow paper propaganda outlet

DancingShade posted:

Blinks.

2024 switches to 2014 with a mechanical *thunk*.

Blinks again.

2014 switches to 2004.

Blinks again.

2004 switches to 1994.
Huh. Nothing's changed! I want a refund on my time machine!

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks

khathe shmathe

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Jove posted:

Holy poo poo. My union (a union of public defenders affiliated with the UAW) received a "request for information" from the House Committee on Education and the Workforce that reads straight out of HUAC.

Truly sick and disgusting poo poo. DTI, DTA.

They're gonna hate this

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

PhilippAchtel posted:

They're gonna hate this

Nice

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Al! posted:

the lathe is a metaphor you dummies

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/gallant-says-home-front-readying-for-potential-war-with-hezbollah/
Gallant says home front readying for potential war with Hezbollah

Defense Minister Yoav Gallant, during an assessment regarding the home front in the greater Haifa area, says “the stage will come when our patience will run out, and a forceful action to enforce peace on the northern border will also affect the Haifa metropolis.”

“We are ready, but we continue to prepare, gaining more and more capabilities because not all things are solved, but things are done well. And we have to take into account the possibility of a wide escalation, this is something that can happen,” Gallant says during a meeting hosted in Kiryat Ata.

The remarks come amid daily Hezbollah rocket, missile and drone attacks from Lebanon on northern Israel, amid the war in the Gaza Strip

Gallant warns that the possibility of a potential agreement with Hezbollah is “exhausting itself.”

“Alongside the military preparedness that we are advancing, and alongside the process that we are trying to lead in the political-diplomatic efforts, we are also preparing in the civilian area and the Home Front Command has received clear instructions,” he says.

Gallant says if the situation deteriorates further, “the situation in Haifa will not be good, but in Beirut, the situation will be devastating.”

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Sweden has suspended funding for UNRWA.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
wow the whites are nazis what a surprise

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

PhilippAchtel posted:

They're gonna hate this

glad to see one of these that doesn’t take the mealy mouthed lib position to be “safe”

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

PhilippAchtel posted:

They're gonna hate this

now THIS is international worker solidarity

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Danann posted:

https://twitter.com/charlesbonnerjr/status/1751965260485960023

the only green on that list are insurance prices lol

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Reposting this: https://youtu.be/Z51MTI9sbFY?si=2fo2XuCHUmmzHSxW

I can't understate how much this documentary is a must-watch. The footage and investigative work is actually insane. Way beyond anything you'd ever expect of the BBC. It objectively establishes a link between the UAE, the STC, and Al-Qaeda. Demonstrates that the UAE has been assassinating members of the internationally recognized government to guarantee the success of the STC, with tacit approval from American intelligence. All of which inarguably demonstrates that the STC is a colonial project of the UAE, wresting control of southern Yemen's resources and labor for Emirati interests. All in a 42 minute documentary.

gradenko_2000 posted:

Global Civil Society: The Way Forward Following the International Court of Justice’s Decision on South Africa’s Charge of Genocide against Israel

Statement of Walden Bello at the Emergency Conference of Global Intellectuals of Conscience, London, January 27, 2024

quote:

First of all, I would like to make what could be called a collective apology for the people of the Philippines for the actions of their government. The Philippine government cast the tie-breaking vote in the United Nations vote on the creation of the state of Israel in 1947. It was the only Asian country that voted for the resolution, and this was owing to the tremendous pressure exercised on it by the United States. The Philippines also abstained from the October 2023 General Assembly calling for an immediate ceasefire in Gaza, again owing to pressure from the United States.

Israel is its own worst enemy. The more it kills, the more it destroys whatever is left of its legitimacy as a state, the farther away peace and security are from its grasp. The genocide that is happening in Gaza is not fortuitous. It does not spring from mistaken policies. It stems from the very logic of the Zionist project.

Don’t take it from me. This insight came from one of the greatest Jewish intellectuals of the 20th century, Hannah Arendt. Arendt was one of the more far-sighted critics of the Zionist project. She raised three key points. One was that the Zionist project of creating a Jewish state would involve dispossessing the majority population of Palestinians, and this was not only morally wrong but also an invitation to long-term trouble. The second was that such a settler state could only be maintained by the protection afforded by a Big Brother state. The third was that the Zionist project was racist. Back in early 1940’s, at the height of the Second World War, Arendt was already equating Zionism to Nazi racism. At that time of Jewish persecution, that charge, which she made in public debate with Zionists, seemed to many almost indecent and certainly very unfair. But now, in the context of recent events, it was brave and prescient, for indeed, Israel is now acting like Nazi Germany, engaged in apartheid and genocide.

But let me proceed to what we can do to contribute to the immediate halt to the genocide and the beginning of a real solution to the Israel-Palestine issue.

The ICJ ruling that there is substance to the South African charge of genocide provides global civil society with the momentum to engage in pressuring governments to more decisive acts aimed at changing Israel’s behavior and achieving a lasting solution to the Palestine-Israel issue.

Here are some examples of what grassroots civil society campaigns can do:

Following a campaign by BDS Malaysia, the Malaysian government banned vessels from the deeply complicit Israeli shipping company ZIM, as well as any other vessel flying the Israeli flag from docking at Malaysian ports.

The government of South Africa’s action in bringing the charge of genocide against Israel in the Hague followed years of civil society activism. In 2021, for instance, dockworkers belonging to the South African Transport and Allied Workers Union (SATAWU) would not off-load the cargo from the Israeli vessel following a call from the Palestine General Federation of Trade Unions.

Just two days ago, The Minneapolis City Council on Thursday passed a resolution calling for a cease-fire in the Israel-Hamas war. The resolution passed on a 9-3 vote with one abstention. The symbolic resolution calls for an immediate and permanent cease-fire; humanitarian aid; an end to U.S. military funding to Israel; and the release of Israeli hostages taken by Hamas and the release of Palestinians held in Israeli military prisons. This is just one example of activists getting local governments in the US to act to subvert Washington’s despicable support for Israel’s genocidal military campaign.

Some 130 governments have bought weapons from Israel, which produces notably the Pegasus spyware technology as well as nearly two thirds of global military drone exports. Most of these governments voted for the UN ceasefire resolution last October. Civil society in these countries must ensure that their governments must back up their words with deeds and stop providing Israel with resources to carry out the genocide in Gaza.

Following the ICJ’s historic decision that Israel is plausibly committing genocide, and given that States Parties to the Genocide Convention have an erga omnes obligation to prevent and punish the crime of genocide, Palestinian Anti-Apartheid Coordinating Committee (PAACC) has pointed out the way forward for civil society action to pressure their governments.

- Impose a two-way military embargo on Israel, work to adopt a mandatory arms embargo on it at the UN, and adopt other punitive measures to prevent and suppress its acts of genocide. and end the provision of economic and diplomatic support to it.

- Impose lawful and proportionate economic sanctions and other countermeasures on Israel, including canceling all free-trade and cooperation agreements, until it adheres to its obligations under international law.

- Take immediate action to expel Israel from international fora including the UNGA, International Olympic Committee, FIFA, and others, as apartheid South Africa was.

- States Parties to the International Criminal Court (ICC) must pressure the Prosecutor to swiftly advance investigation into all war crimes, crimes against humanity and acts of genocide carried out by Israeli perpetrators against the Palestinian people, and to immediately and without further delay issue arrest warrants for the case files before the Court, since 2014. They must also ensure the Court is fully resourced to ensure the viability of the investigation into the Situation in Palestine.

- Arrest and prosecute, including by applying Universal Jurisdiction, Israeli nationals, including government officials, or persons present on their territory or within their jurisdiction, who have incited to genocide, supported genocide, or carried out genocidal acts against the Palestinian people.

- Act on their responsibility to ensure that corporate entities and institutions domiciled in their territory or under their jurisdiction will cease and desist from aiding and abetting Israel’s genocide and other crimes under international law, including the crime against humanity of apartheid, against the Palestinian people.

- Join the large and increasing number of states in the Global South in supporting South Africa’s genocide case against Israel at the ICJ.

Let this meeting of global intellectuals of conscience come out in unanimous support of these demands.

Let me end by expressing my deep admiration for the Palestinian resistance. As Comrade Ramzi Baroud has pointed out, after 100 days of genocide, Israel has not achieved its military and political objectives. It certainly has not destroyed Hamas. I interviewed the Hamas leader Usama Hamdan in Beirut in 2004, and his answer to my question on whether he feared assassination by the Israelis provides the key to why the Palestinians will triumph in the end: “I am on two [assassination] lists, one with six names and another with 12 names. But I am living my own life normally. I eat breakfast with my children, I always try to do this because this is when I can talk to them and ask them about their day and their plans. I visit my friends and my friends visit me. I just recently went out with my children to swim in the sea. You just die once, and it can be from cancer, in a car accident, or by assassination. Given these choices, I prefer assassination.”

Thank you.

PhilippAchtel posted:

They're gonna hate this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks
Sa’ar says he’ll start work on filing genocide case against Iran at International Court of Justice

lollerama