Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

akadajet posted:

that's a nice-looking cup.

Thank you, I got it from an op shop. It's now my go to coffee mug.

An 8oz latte is the perfect size for a coffee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Beanwater

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

had coffe

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
microwaved a cup of the wifes coffee left over from yesterday

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

drank a caramel latte from good earth while i filled out the canadian citizenship test. the bean juice got me a pass.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
welcome aboard! :canada:

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

I disagree.

agree with the disagreement. a bit of bickering is good, but ultimately all coffee enjoyed is beautiful. case in point:

rotor posted:

microwaved a cup of the wifes coffee left over from yesterday

nice

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
drinking coffee, it’s good

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
im gonna get some coffee

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i got some coffee

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i love a story with a happy ending

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

jesus WEP posted:

i love a story with a happy ending

Coffee and I lived happily ever after

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

folks, lemme tell ya, i may not know how to do a lot of things in life: advance in my career, find satisfaction in my job, take care of my health, things like that. But let me tell you: i can make a fuckin FANTASTIC cup of coffee and in the end, thats what really matters.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i put the beans in the grinder and hit the button. sometimes i shake it in case the hopper clogs

then i put the ground beans in the basket. i add water. i hit the button

then i drink the coffee

idk where skill comes in here, ngl

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

had coffee today

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Captain Foo posted:

had coffee today

same

Manzoon
Oct 12, 2005

ALPHASTRIKE!!!

Anyone with both contraptions find moka pots to be more or less of a hassle than a French press? I've been a French press boy for aong time at this point and I kind of want to branch out just for variety for my weekend coffee. I have a semi-decent burr grinder for the record.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Manzoon posted:

Anyone with both contraptions find moka pots to be more or less of a hassle than a French press? I've been a French press boy for aong time at this point and I kind of want to branch out just for variety for my weekend coffee. I have a semi-decent burr grinder for the record.

moka is for sure more hassle. kind of hard to imagine how anything could be less hassle than a french press though, so it might not be the most logical benchmark.

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

Captain Foo posted:

had coffee today

also same

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

kind of hard to imagine how anything could be less hassle than a french press though

Manzoon
Oct 12, 2005

ALPHASTRIKE!!!

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

moka is for sure more hassle. kind of hard to imagine how anything could be less hassle than a french press though, so it might not be the most logical benchmark.

Fair, I'll get one anyway just for some nice coffee variety.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

aeropress is pretty hassle-less unless you have bad elbows

Manzoon
Oct 12, 2005

ALPHASTRIKE!!!

Using hassle was probably the wrong choice since yeah, the French press isn't really a hassle. Just using it to try and gauge prep time for making a cup of hot bean water.

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

i do french press only at home because with a zojirushi water heater it's the easiest thing in the world

coffee in, dispense water, 4 minutes, plunge

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

well-read undead posted:

i do french press only at home because with a zojirushi water heater it's the easiest thing in the world

coffee in, dispense water, 4 minutes, plunge

how much does that cost to run? is it well insulated enough that it's not constantly being boiled and reboiled all day?

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

taking the french press screen apart to clean is more of a hassle than cleaning the moka pot

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

Nobody Interesting posted:

how much does that cost to run? is it well insulated enough that it's not constantly being boiled and reboiled all day?

i dunno how much it costs to run, but it basically reboils daily, because that's how often i refill it (we drink a lot of coffee)

apart from that i assume the power draw is minor but i haven't measured it

Manzoon
Oct 12, 2005

ALPHASTRIKE!!!

Cat Face Joe posted:

taking the french press screen apart to clean is more of a hassle than cleaning the moka pot

Hmm, much to consider.

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

moving from a glass french press to a double walled metal one was a game changer for me. easier to clean, keeps coffee piping hot forever

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
hmm the hold button on my kettle appears to be broken, distressing

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
after i inevitably break my current french press, the next one is gonna be metal

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

well-read undead posted:

moving from a glass french press to a double walled metal one was a game changer for me. easier to clean, keeps coffee piping hot forever

agreed it's much better

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Mr. Crow posted:

hmm the hold button on my kettle appears to be broken, distressing
your hot water is important to us. please brew.

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
drinking bean water

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

well-read undead posted:

I think the glass ones look nicer but I have also moved to double walled metal and it is better

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i drank coffee earlier but our director had come over to hang out in our office for the early afternoon so i didnt post about it

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos

graph posted:

i drank coffee earlier but our director had come over to hang out in our office for the early afternoon so i didnt post about it

hosed up but i’m glad u had some coffee

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
moka is fun but i made an accidental IED that almost detonated one time when i packed it with fine grind bustelo

that overpressure valve was TOOTIN'

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

haveing coffee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jonny 290 posted:

moka is fun but i made an accidental IED that almost detonated one time when i packed it with fine grind bustelo

that overpressure valve was TOOTIN'

columbian land mine