Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
you don't get points for just taking a pro-AEW post from 2019/2020 and flipping the words around, sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

That’s why wwe fans only give a poo poo about entrances and finishes, whereas AEW fans will happily watch a twenty minute technical match

Because wwe fans like wrestling, the industry that wwe has proclaimed itself not a part of for the past 20 years

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

They literally did an ad saying the opposite https://youtu.be/DzltiVDVb5M?si=KvCa9W_je1ENGAT1

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

rotinaj posted:

That’s why wwe fans only give a poo poo about entrances and finishes, whereas AEW fans will happily watch a twenty minute technical match

Because wwe fans like wrestling, the industry that wwe has proclaimed itself not a part of for the past 20 years

WWE fans may vaguely be aware that other promotions exist but they absolutely don't watch them off. These accounts just say any rear end backwards thing they can come up with so long as it gets them attention. Pathetic.

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.

rotinaj posted:

A few of these types of accounts have figured out that baiting people is good for engagement

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

UnleashedDad posted:

A few of these types of accounts have figured out that baiting people is good for engagement

Joke’s on them, you can’t measure engagement when it happens on a dead forum like sa instead of Twitter

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

ive got a buddy who watches weekly wwe and aew, but he also pays for ROH and NJPW world plus ppvs from AAA, GCW, and all the indies come mania weekend, plus a chronological rewatch of WCW. suffice to say he's a loving sicko who does all that and listens to podcasts and reads books and not the normal member of the WWE Universe (TM)

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Eat This Glob posted:

ive got a buddy who watches weekly wwe and aew, but he also pays for ROH and NJPW world plus ppvs from AAA, GCW, and all the indies come mania weekend, plus a chronological rewatch of WCW. suffice to say he's a loving sicko who does all that and listens to podcasts and reads books and not the normal member of the WWE Universe (TM)

What is it like being Dave meltzer’s friend

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

rotinaj posted:

What is it like being Dave meltzer’s friend

he wore wrestling t-shirts every day until he got a girlfriend. now he only mostly wears wrestling t-shirts.

he got me into aew after me writing off pro-wrestling entirely after tuning into WWE one day on a lark post-high school and the first segment i saw was a group of latino men riding to the ring on a lawnmower and wearing cover-alls. he's not quite as knowledgeable as meltzer, but dude could be his millennial cousin

E: fixed it so it was me writing off wrestling, not him writing me off lol. dude kept trying to get me into wwe, bless him

Eat This Glob fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jan 30, 2024

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Raw in itself is tiring to watch (that third hour is brutal); I can't imagine who would consume two hours of TV wrestling every evening but Sundays (and three on Monday and Fridays!) if they weren't some sort of Content Creator.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

https://x.com/JobberNationTV/status/1752330706041385204?s=20

This guy is a loving legend.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

these types of folks were the ones that made me stop browsing twitter. I would just get too mad lol

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

You know, his trolling feels like leaning more into the comedy more than ever and I kinda find it funny

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Shard posted:

these types of folks were the ones that made me stop browsing twitter. I would just get too mad lol

Same, it’s pure lunacy because why pretend to act this stupid, he has only like 10k followers and not much engagement, like there is no endgame for these people, it’s purely just the weird high some twitter users get from making others mad all day

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I think i capped out at like 13 followers total ever on twitter so i feel kinda like charlie from willy wonka when people here are like "oh he only has 10000 followers, he only got 800 rts, he's basically not even on the platform" lol

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

DLC Inc posted:

Same, it’s pure lunacy because why pretend to act this stupid, he has only like 10k followers and not much engagement, like there is no endgame for these people, it’s purely just the weird high some twitter users get from making others mad all day

At least the grifters like Cornette and Bischoff are actually making money doing this, the people who do it for free to an audience of like, 10 people are the most baffling

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
yeah I can't imagine what it's like to post incredibly dumb poo poo that's only read by a dozen people at most

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cult of Pies posted:

bring out the polygraphs. not those ones, the legitimate ones.

I think only cops use polygraphs on each other anymore.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
hmmm

https://x.com/ringerwrestling/status/1752423295666860480?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

projecthalaxy posted:

I think i capped out at like 13 followers total ever on twitter so i feel kinda like charlie from willy wonka when people here are like "oh he only has 10000 followers, he only got 800 rts, he's basically not even on the platform" lol

Are you trying to make a living from your twitter presence?

Because I bet most of these dudes intend to.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Coolness Averted posted:

yeah I can't imagine what it's like to post incredibly dumb poo poo that's only read by a dozen people at most

:hmmyes:

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Coolness Averted posted:

lmao

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/XBOXimp8783/status/1752476525360730229

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

rotinaj posted:

It is extremely normal and not weird for some rando hiding behind a meme to be calling successful professional wrestler Ricky Starks “lil bro”

Cleaner, I got this.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I don't really know how Twitter works anymore but looking at the little stats underneath the tweets, how much does the 'views' thing really mean or matter? I ask because just looking at Rumble Tweets:

Jordynne Grace Entrance: 695 Replies, 5.2K retweets, 26K likes, 5.8M views
Roxanne Perez Entrance: 80 Replies, 579 retweets, 3.6K likes, 4.7M views
Damage Control Elimination: 135 Replies, 729 retweets, 4.2K likes, 4.5M views
Bobby Lashley Entrance: 108 Replies, 393 retweets, 2.6k likes, 4M views
R-Truth (Men's) Entrance: 212 Replies, 1.2K retweets, 7.3K likes, 3.8M views
Jey Uso Entrance: 104 Replies, 830 retweets, 5.1K likes, 3.7M views
Cody Rhodes Wins (Image): 2.8K Replies, 12K retweets, 76K likes, 2.5M views
Roman Retains Title Image: 4K Replies, 6.7K retweets, 44K likes, 2.2M views
Andrade Entrance: 438 Replies, 4.1K retweets, 25K likes, 1.7M views
Bayley Wins Rumble Image: 1.5K replies, 10K retweets, 65K likes, 1.5M views
Pat McAfee Post-Show Interview: 131 replies, 585 retweets, 4.1K likes, 1.4M views
Cody Rhodes Wins (Video): 1.6k Replies, 8.8K retweets, 35K likes, 1.4M views
Naomi Entrance: 824 Replies, 9K retweets, 38K likes, 1.3M views
Tiffany Stratton Entrance: 132 Replies, 1.1K retweets, 5.7K likes, 1.1M views
Jade Cargill Entrance: 569 Replies, 7K retweets, 31K likes, 1M views

So the Grace video has the most *views*, but far fewer replies, likes, retweets, etc. than several other rumble promo tweets. Roxanne Perez and the Damage Control elimination videos were 'viewed' more times than anything in the entire Men's Rumble, but didn't get a lot of engagement compared to other 1M+ tweets. Bobby Lashley was the clear 'view' winner of the Men's Rumble despite getting like like 1/50th of the retweets/replies that Cody got.

I know the answer is "internet metrics barely mean anything and Twitter's even less so" but it's still weird and also weird to use for an argument of popularity, which is why I assume the tweet got posted here in the first place.

Also for fun, the most viewed WWE YouTube videos of all time:

1. Randy Orton kisses an unconscious Stephanie McMahon, October 2013
2. Top Ten Stunning In-Ring Proposals
3. Cena/Lesnar pullapart, April 2012
4. Rock/Cena vs. Awesome Truth full match, Survivor Series 2011
5. Stephanie McMahon browbeats and then slaps Roman Reigns a bunch, December 2015
6. Team Cena vs. Team Authority Survivor Series match, 2014
7. John Cena and AJ Lee kiss, 2012
8. Tribute to the Troops Six Man Main Event 2008
9. "Every Goldberg Match Since His Return" 10 minute video package, 2019
10. Braun Strowman vs. Bobby Lashley Arm Wrestling match, 2019

All of those have over 150M lifetime views, the "Orton kisses unconscious Stephanie" one has over 350M views. The most viewed clip involving women wrestling is the Rousey/Angle vs. HHH & Stephanie match with 106M views, then Dakota Kai vs. Kavita Devi from the 2017 Mae Young Classic at 75M, then finally Sasha vs. Charlotte Hell in a Cell 2016 with 57M views.

I knew this was a thing with Beyond Wrestling's thumbnails but did not realize that it permeated the WWE Universe too.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

The fact that the most viewed video of all time from WWE is of a woman being sexually molested without consent is a lot to take in this week

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

"views" is the fuzziest most gameable stat of all. Basically it means "appeared in someone's timeline and started to autoplay"

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Remember when Facebook just straight up admitted they were lying about their video views and the ad rates associated with them, which then led to a bunch of media companies desperately pivoting to video and killing themselves in the process?

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Drakkel posted:

The fact that the most viewed video of all time from WWE is of a woman being sexually molested without consent is a lot to take in this week
Vince McMahon's daughter being sexually assaulted as WWE Corporate Officer #1 looks on aghast, no less.

And the assaulter is a performer who has recently begun following James O'Keefe, Libs of TikTok, GaysAgainstGroomers, EndWokeness, Catturd2, and various other luminaries on Twitter, but that's neither here nor there and rapidly departing from the topic of this thread.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Edge & Christian posted:

Vince McMahon's daughter being sexually assaulted as WWE Corporate Officer #1 looks on aghast, no less.

And the assaulter is a performer who has recently begun following James O'Keefe, Libs of TikTok, GaysAgainstGroomers, EndWokeness, Catturd2, and various other luminaries on Twitter, but that's neither here nor there and rapidly departing from the topic of this thread.

Everything you need to know about Elon Musk's visionary genius can be explained with the reality that he spent weeks trying to placate somebody called catturd2

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

cagliostr0 posted:

Everything you need to know about Elon Musk's visionary genius can be explained with the reality that he spent weeks trying to placate somebody called catturd2

Also being really mad he's never been considered as funny as dril.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Lamuella posted:

"views" is the fuzziest most gameable stat of all. Basically it means "appeared in someone's timeline and started to autoplay"

Yeah, google will put in my history list any video or short I scroll down because whatever reason. Of course I started to diss any WWE video because half of them are from Attitude era channels that hate anything else.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Edge & Christian posted:

Randy orton just started following a bunch of chuds?

Ugh

Edit: didn’t twitter get busted for making it so anytime anyone even scrolled past the video, whether it was a tweet, retweet, quote tweet or anything, that counted

I remember that the views metric was ludicrous from the jump, with them claiming more people saw a trump interview or something than even use twitter

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/biggiexomega/status/1752682270031532525

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

right their

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Big treat in the replies to this one for people who love weird posters as much as I do or spend too much time on the VOW discord (I think that's where he hangs out.)

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Drakkel posted:

Remember when Facebook just straight up admitted they were lying about their video views and the ad rates associated with them, which then led to a bunch of media companies desperately pivoting to video and killing themselves in the process?

hell yeah I do.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
it basically ruined my degree.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

karmicknight posted:

it basically ruined my degree.

And we all thought that a pivot to video would help clown colleges!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I know right?