Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I’m not posting the commentary, I’m posting the play. It’s a throw right to the defender, I’m not sure how it’s not a bad play. Whether you call it a bad decision or a bad throw is clearly bad when the receiver has to turn into a DB to break up a pass. If Jared Goff makes that throw you get about 5 straight pages of JARED GOOF in the GDT so let’s not pretend that Purdy is unique in getting criticized for throwing the ball right at a defender.

Stop using shaky rear end Tiktok videos, firstly

He expects Aiyuk to win that (sluggo? looks like), and he's making the throw with that outcome in mind. He's throwing in an arc. He's throwing to where he thinks Aiyuk will be *after he makes his move*. The defender stays on top of Aiyuk and is in position to make the INT.

Good defensive play to stay on top of Aiyuk. Good job by Aiyuk to break it up.

Sometimes defenders win a play, it's not always about Purdy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCrdbUqEXUw

Papercut posted:

It was definitely a bad throw, unless something happened earlier in the route that we can't see on broadcast, like Aiyuk stumbled or something after the throw

It is visible, Aiyuk just doesn't fool the defender and Purdy throws expecting Aiyuk to win that. Yolo's posted video cuts it off, probably intentionally.

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jan 29, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Mr. Fix It posted:

49ers fans who gave up at half should not be allowed to watch the superbowl nor celebrate a victory :colbert:

Also no longer allowed to post the "Seahawks fans locked outside after leaving NFCCG before comeback" picture :colbert:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Its Rinaldo posted:

Also no longer allowed to post the "Seahawks fans locked outside after leaving NFCCG before comeback" picture :colbert:

What picture is this? Post it so I know what not to do.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
My kid's English teacher was sitting like third row in the end zone yesterday, and for the first half we were like drat this sucks so bad for Ms. Markle, and then by the end of the game it was omg Ms. Markle got to witness one of the greatest Niner games of all time

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Coldforge posted:

Stop using shaky rear end Tiktok videos, firstly

He expects Aiyuk to win that (sluggo? looks like), and he's making the throw with that outcome in mind. He's throwing in an arc. He's throwing to where he thinks Aiyuk will be *after he makes his move*. The defender stays on top of Aiyuk and is in position to make the INT.

Good defensive play to stay on top of Aiyuk. Good job by Aiyuk to break it up.

Sometimes defenders win a play, it's not always about Purdy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCrdbUqEXUw

It is visible, Aiyuk just doesn't fool the defender and Purdy throws expecting Aiyuk to win that. Yolo's posted video cuts it off, probably intentionally.

It’s literally just the first video I found searching on mobile, you don’t need to go looking for conspiracy theories.

If the ball hits the defender in the hands and the receiver has to break up the pass to prevent and interception that’s either a bad throw or a bad decision by the QB. This shouldn’t be a controversial position. When he makes the decision to throw Sutton is a yard or two ahead of Aiyuk and he throws it as if the defender is in trailing coverage. An under throw would have been safer and smarter.

Purdy was 7/15 for 93 yards and an int at the half. He was not good and he did look uncomfortable and sometimes inaccurate. He was very good in the second half which is a credit to his mental toughness.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

It’s literally just the first video I found searching on mobile, you don’t need to go looking for conspiracy theories.

If the ball hits the defender in the hands and the receiver has to break up the pass to prevent and interception that’s either a bad throw or a bad decision by the QB. This shouldn’t be a controversial position. When he makes the decision to throw Sutton is a yard or two ahead of Aiyuk and he throws it as if the defender is in trailing coverage. An under throw would have been safer and smarter.

Lmao, There's no conspiracy when I say social media people crop poo poo to stir up clicks and you shouldn't rely on them.

You're wrong, but that's okay. Watch Aiyuk's stutter step.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Coldforge posted:

Lmao, There's no conspiracy when I say social media people crop poo poo to stir up clicks and you shouldn't rely on them.

YOLO is providing evidence and logical assertions that any reasonable person would accept.

If you think the video is edited for some conspiracy, then please provide a clear unedited highlight directly from the nfl to support your case.

It was a bad decision or a bad throw (or both).

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Coldforge posted:

Both Sutton and Aiyuk are off the screen when Purdy throws the ball but this is what it looks like before

And this what it looks like when we see both of them again when the ball is in the air a couple of seconds later

Purdy still has the ball as Aiyuk goes into his stutter and it sure as hell looks like Sutton doesn’t bite given that he hasn’t lost position at all in the couple of seconds he’s off camera. It’s essentially all Aiyuk can do to catch up to the ball and make a defensive play on it.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

If you think the video is edited for some conspiracy, then please provide a clear unedited highlight directly from the nfl to support your case.

Brother, I don't know if you even bother to read posts sometimes.

We absolutely disagree on interpretation. I think you're wrong in yours. You think I'm wrong in mine.

That's okay.

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jan 29, 2024

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Coldforge posted:

Brother, I don't know if you even bother to read posts sometimes.

Brother, I know that you don’t bother.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

It was an Auyik TD, broken up by an excellent defensive play, followed by insane bonkers luck/heads up Auyik play.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Here's the highlights with the local radio call, those guys put on a hell of a show. I'd cue it up to Purdy doing his Lamar impression and Juszczyk doing his Aiyuk impression, but the redirect to YT breaks the time code. It's 5:40.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBF-HaKfiu8&t=340s

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Aiyuk is a good player but my heart belongs to Deebo

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

mllaneza posted:

Here's the highlights with the local radio call, those guys put on a hell of a show. I'd cue it up to Purdy doing his Lamar impression and Juszczyk doing his Aiyuk impression, but the redirect to YT breaks the time code. It's 5:40.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBF-HaKfiu8&t=340s

Papa and Tim Ryan own

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

Papercut posted:

Papa and Tim Ryan own

Yeah they're a really great radio pair for sure. I was really surprised that he came to the 49ers after the Raiders, but I guess he just didn't want to leave and start elsewhere.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Aiyuk is a good player but my heart belongs to Deebo

They're different enough you can love both. Love Auyik as a WR, love Deebo as well he plays the Deebo position.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Mustached Demon posted:

They're different enough you can love both. Love Auyik as a WR, love Deebo as well he plays the Deebo position.

I forget who said it, but "Deebo Samuel gonna do Deebo Samuel things."

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
*Wu Tang* Shame on a Niner fan who gave up at halftime.

There's a reason why I tap my Faithful to The Bay pennant every weekend. I knew the Niners would come back.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

He had a decent game too. Just couldn't quite find the end zone. Then it's hard not to run it in within the 5.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
I really don't want to see the 49ers franchise win another Superbowl but:

1) I think the players themselves are cool and good guys

2) The teams roots are from my hometown via the DeBartolo's

3) the Chiefs winning another one is unacceptable

So I'm giving you my support at this point in time. Please make them suffer!

PS: I heard this thread likes apple butter, what are your thoughts on pumpkin butter?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Black Sunshine posted:

PS: I heard this thread likes apple butter, what are your thoughts on pumpkin butter?

No real thoughts, would just eat, maybe on rye. Pumpkin bread and pumpkin pecan pie are in the same category.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Managed to run across some SweeTango apples at a farm stand yesterday so of course I have to trip report the NFCW apple thread. Summary: That's a drat good apple. On par and maybe a little better than Honeycrisp. Would eat again.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Black Sunshine posted:

I really don't want to see the 49ers franchise win another Superbowl but:

1) I think the players themselves are cool and good guys

2) The teams roots are from my hometown via the DeBartolo's

3) the Chiefs winning another one is unacceptable

So I'm giving you my support at this point in time. Please make them suffer!

Youngstown?or more accurately Boardman?

Flikken fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jan 29, 2024

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Flikken posted:

Youngstown?

Unfortunately, lol

I had Bernie Kosar's history book in high school. It didn't smell like alcohol which was disappointing

Black Sunshine fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jan 29, 2024

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Black Sunshine posted:

Unfortunately, lol

That building by the mall with the Niners logo threw me for a loop first time I saw it.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Coldforge posted:

No real thoughts, would just eat, maybe on rye. Pumpkin bread and pumpkin pecan pie are in the same category.

Oh babey I love good pumpkin bread but I’ve never (YET) had pumpkin+pecan pie…

Lifespan posted:

Managed to run across some SweeTango apples at a farm stand yesterday so of course I have to trip report the NFCW apple thread. Summary: That's a drat good apple. On par and maybe a little better than Honeycrisp. Would eat again.

I am glad to hear it, comrade. I went apple shopping yesterday at a fancy grocery store and so many were mushy and bruised and some were even fungus-y :(

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Flikken posted:

That building by the mall with the Niners logo threw me for a loop first time I saw it.

yeah it's definitely an odd thing. Eddie's dad was a big real estate developer in the area and pretty much bought the team for him to have something to do and well, they got lucky with Bill Walsh because Eddie Jr was a massive fuckup in general.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Let's go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_mnV-tIeas

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Purdy still has the ball as Aiyuk goes into his stutter and it sure as hell looks like Sutton doesn’t bite given that he hasn’t lost position at all in the couple of seconds he’s off camera. It’s essentially all Aiyuk can do to catch up to the ball and make a defensive play on it.

Looks like you were mostly right, credit where it's due.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Its Rinaldo posted:

yes, that is for seahawks fans to post only

get a load of these dipshits! :lol:

i bet they were all from kent and enumclaw and snohomish

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

they’re all from kent, enumclaw and snohomish and think they’re rural americans. I hate it here sometimes.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The John Taylor game just popped up in my feed. If you remember it, or don't know about it, just watch it. It's a fun one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJJkKpy7qjA

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

did aaron rodgers ever admit to being a moron now that the chiefs and 49ers are in the superbowl and thus ruined that stupid conspiracy about the logo of the superbowl matching up with the teams who are in it? no? okay.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Strong Sauce posted:

did aaron rodgers ever admit to being a moron now that the chiefs and 49ers are in the superbowl and thus ruined that stupid conspiracy about the logo of the superbowl matching up with the teams who are in it? no? okay.

The purple was in reference to lavender, as in lavender haze by Taylor Swift.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Fun chatter on the second half: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9c6BACaLQk

Edit:

JD and Chase Daniel out with theirs now, too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBRxEli4MJM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-U1LhCFz34

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jan 31, 2024

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Mustached Demon posted:

The purple was in reference to lavender, as in lavender haze by Taylor Swift.

Hey now! Don't bring political figures to our apple thread!

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

The John Taylor game just popped up in my feed. If you remember it, or don't know about it, just watch it. It's a fun one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJJkKpy7qjA

full game here, for anyone who's got that kind of time (or wants to see just how much television presentation has changed in the last 30 years)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycSYiZNVWWQ

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
So the refs who screwed the 49ers in the last super bowl are back for this one. Great.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

Manoueverable posted:

On the other hand, how many NFCCGs have y'all been to in the last 10-11 years? That poo poo ain't zero, and it's twice as many as every other team. I ain't trying to hear it.

I know this is from a couple of pages ago but I saw/heard a crazy stat that I had to go look up. There have been 53 NFCCGs since they started in 1970 and the 49ers have been to 19 of them or 35.18%. That is just ridiculous and I guess we really are the haves of the NFC.

^^^^^^^^^
Edit: Just like how the NFL wanted a KC win at Baltimore, the shield wants to cash in with Taylor Swift after the Superbowl.

OGS-Remix fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jan 30, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

ah but a superbowl loss has more taylor swift drama potential than a win, if you think about it