Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

During the Trump years they apparently deported a shitload of veterans. Like not just dudes who had served in recent wars like Afghanistan and Iraq, but like *old, retired Vietnam vets*. They just straight up sent them back to like, Juarez, sometimes after a lifetime of holding Green Cards.

https://www.museumofsocialjustice.org/deported-veterans.html

Your tax dollars at work!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Random Stranger posted:

I mean what are they going to do, disbar her? That's already the low end of consequences for her professional behavior on the Mar-a-Lago sexual harassment case.

Worst make her poor. I think the financial sanctions scare her more than the threat of being disbarred at this point.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
So what are DeSantis's career options at this point? I believe he is barred from running for Governor again by the state constitution. His bid for the presidency failed both spectacularly and predictably. Is his plan to worm his way into a second Trump administration? Or move into private sector? Or run for a FL seat in the House or Senate?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Random Stranger posted:

I mean what are they going to do, disbar her? That's already the low end of consequences for her professional behavior on the Mar-a-Lago sexual harassment case.

She's already going to be disbarred, she's trying to get double disbarred, and as being dis-disbarred means they'll give her back her lawyer, she'll be able to be a lawyer again.

It's a genius strategy pioneered by Giuliani, let's see if it pays off.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

beef sweat posted:

They bow down to a ketchup demigod...

So the chiefs QB?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Serious_Cyclone posted:

So what are DeSantis's career options at this point? I believe he is barred from running for Governor again by the state constitution. His bid for the presidency failed both spectacularly and predictably. Is his plan to worm his way into a second Trump administration? Or move into private sector? Or run for a FL seat in the House or Senate?

wasn't he a congressperson before?

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

He must have received a ton of negative backlash over this because I just went there to invite him to consider shoving his head into a woodchipper but it looks like he deleted his posts.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Waffle House posted:

During the Trump years they apparently deported a shitload of veterans. Like not just dudes who had served in recent wars like Afghanistan and Iraq, but like *old, retired Vietnam vets*. They just straight up sent them back to like, Juarez, sometimes after a lifetime of holding Green Cards.

https://www.museumofsocialjustice.org/deported-veterans.html

Your tax dollars at work!
Literally less than Starship Troopers the fascist space government

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

JAQing off int he court room lmao

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
I don't think anyone could have predicted that DeSantis's campaign would end in failure.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

I have my various issues with omar but lol at loving ronny "/pol/" desantis who is too afraid to say he is catholic because most chuds are some varitety of poo poo tier protestant evangelical who would burn him for being a papist. get gently caress ronny.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Outpost22 posted:

I don't think anyone could have predicted that DeSantis's campaign would end in failure.

I know, right! He was the savvy, smart version of Trump! All those op-eds and podcasts were saying so!

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Outpost22 posted:

As soon as he refused to say anything bad about Trump early on, it was clear he was never going to succeed.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

LifeSunDeath posted:

wasn't he a congressperson before?

I don't know, but I feel like returning to Congress would be a demotion from his original trajectory of Congress --> Governor --> President. Unless maybe he ran for the Senate where he could use 2% of the voting power of the entire chamber to show his whole rear end all day

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

binge crotching posted:

As soon as he refused to say anything bad about Trump early on, it was clear he was never going to succeed.

When the campaign started, I said the same thing at work and a buddy told me "nobody even cares about trump anymore, Ron can just ignore him and get the nomination" LOL

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Senate would be the most likely option, but that largely depends on whether Rick Scott feels like retiring anytime soon.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

binge crotching posted:

it was that and him screaming at the kid early in covid that showed me he was done. he also went to openly hard on the culture war poo poo which isnt popular outside vague stuff.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Ron DeSantis was in the U.S. House of Representatives before he was elected governor of Florida. His choices for 2026 is either run for a House seat again or find some other statewide office, and both are demotions that are going to derail whatever remote chance he has for running for president in 2028.

The worst part is, he could probably just go work for a law firm and make more money in a year than any poster in this thread will make in a lifetime, so…. :lol:?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

DaveWoo posted:

Senate would be the most likely option, but that largely depends on whether Rick Scott feels like retiring anytime soon.

He won’t. He loves being a senator and stealing from the NRSC.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Vire posted:

Worst make her poor. I think the financial sanctions scare her more than the threat of being disbarred at this point.

It's absolutely this cause lol if Trump paid what he owes her

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

How does :habba: keep getting worse at lawyering so quickly? Just where is the bottom?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Agents are GO! posted:

*Dusts off the old USPOL burning-tire-wall idea*

(Which lead to one of the best thread titles ever, "A Song of ICE and Tires.")

oooh poo poo that is a great one.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Aramis posted:

How does :habba: keep getting worse at lawyering so quickly? Just where is the bottom?

I said it before but my guess is she's trying to get a cabinet spot if trumps elected.

Two issues are that is if he isn't elected, she's hosed.
And if he is elected, she's gonna learn real quick that Trump has no loyalty to anybody and will be brushed aside very quickly

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003
Isn't Florida a consecutive term limit? Like he could take four years off then run again in 2030? That would be pretty drat weird since he'd be running against an incumbent Republican though.

Senate seems possible but they're both Republicans too...his term ends in 2026, so go after Rubio in 2028? There's really no options here. Scott is up this year so if he's reelected that's 2030 again.

Desantis' only face saving move is to get appointed to something by a Republican president. Maybe if Haley won in 2024 he could take a cabinet position. But he endorsed Trump so why would she give him anything. And Trump ain't giving him poo poo.

Rescue Toaster fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jan 30, 2024

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/Meidas_LaurenA/status/1752406085162668258

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/white-lives-matter-member-gets-18-years-firebombing-church-planned-dra-rcna136374

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Is Alina Habba a fake news satanic non straight non white non cis illegal alien hell bent on bankrupting the rightful president of the United States of America? Just asking questions here

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Uhh I file a "takesies-backsies" your honor

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

The long-awaited sequel to Powder looks like it took a dark turn.

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

New Trump defamation lawsuit when??

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005

Serious_Cyclone posted:

He doesn't really have any options.

He's basically a lame duck in FL now, since the legislature was going along with some of his stupider ideas because they thought they could use that for favors in a President KinkyBoots administration, but now they have no reason to do that.

DeSantis likely can't get either of the Senate seats, and I'd assume his opportunities for the more lucrative private sector stuff (board seats and such) are probably going to be somewhat limited due to being the dumbass who tried to take on Disney, in Florida.

Prior to being Governor, DeSantis had a House seat, so he could do that again, but since his wife is convinced she's Jackie Kennedy 2.0, that might not be fancy enough for her.

My guess is that he ends up becoming a talking head, writes a book (or two) no one gives a poo poo about, gets hired by a right wing think tank, and maybe flames out on another presidential run in 2028.

beef sweat
Jan 1, 2013

Nooner posted:

Uhh I file a "takesies-backsies" your honor

Thankfully their court filings had the best, most beautiful, and perfect take-backs clause money can buy. Total exoneration!

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Onkel Hedwig posted:

New Trump defamation lawsuit when??

In like a few minutes, Trump can't shut the gently caress up

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

azflyboy posted:

I'd assume his opportunities for the more lucrative private sector stuff (board seats and such) is probably going to be limited due to being the dumbass who tried to take on Disney, in Florida.

This part I hadn't considered. I wonder how much "any publicity is good publicity" applies here. Probably a lot less than in politics.

quote:

My guess is that he ends up becoming a talking head, writes a book (or two) no one gives a poo poo about, gets hired by a right wing think tank, and maybe flames out on another presidential run in 2028.

I have some chips on "University of Florida Professor of Whatever" as well

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

This happened last year, last March.

He got 18 years.

Why the gently caress is Trump taking so long?

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

azflyboy posted:

Basically the Mike Huckabee trajectory, but his show would probably be on NewsMax instead of Fox.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

If Jesus was real and actually returned to Earth, these "Christian" types would immediately murder him for teaching pussyass things like forgiveness and love instead of hatred and murder. What I'm saying is that I can't think of any modern "Christians" who actually practice the entirety of what the book they claim to follow teaches them to. It's only "I saw one verse amongst tens of thousands that says men shouldn't lie with other men so now my entire life is dedicated to harming gay people as much as I can!" They can gently caress right the gently caress off.

If they're truly "Christian" and believe their bibles, then they should know their souls are already irreversibly hosed for eternity and their judgment day is going to be a huge rude awakening for them.

Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jan 30, 2024

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

azflyboy posted:

DeSantis likely can't get either of the Senate seats, and I'd assume his opportunities for the more lucrative private sector stuff (board seats and such) are probably going to be somewhat limited due to being the dumbass who tried to take on Disney, in Florida.

Speaking of, how IS Disney's ongoing legal war against DeSantis and his cronies going?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

loving lmao babydoll fucker Matt Walsh posted something about the moon landing being real and he’s pissed off his even crazier misogynist fuckboy idiot fans

https://x.com/owenbenjamin/status/1752140996287303883?s=46&t=Y9tN5g_IyRiifSxBmqZbkw

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

From Alina instagram

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

From Alina instagram

lol this is as pathetic as trump sharing the pathetic AI "TRUMP CAME FROM GOD" poo poo