Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.

most of the gore happens in the early chapters to fit the mood, i think.

i just got to chapter 28 and holy boston dynamics dog

bonus lol:

edit: i spoke too soon there's a bit of gore to go around >_>

Oglethorpe has issued a correction as of 05:27 on Jan 29, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Took the creepy twins a really long time to find a doll

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.

forgot to post this one with Xi Jinping i think

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Coxswain Balls posted:

He wasn't even the last guy they executed that month.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_executions_in_Japan
lol get their rear end

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Jinmen

when a zoo pig has too many run ins with the vet he grows donald trump's face and annexes mt. fuji in his quest to give all animals in japan straight perfect teeth. sex hotel pandas! elephants with semi truck helmets! mkultra gorrilas! in the extremely loving weird war between man and animal WHO IS THE TRUE BEAST?! probably the grenade throwing field mice

cw: gore, nudity

Buck Wildman has issued a correction as of 16:10 on Jan 29, 2024

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1751922722555273230
man what the gently caress (RIP)

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

28 after the syphilis outbreak, still enough to get the wagons to oregon tho

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Gannibal (lol)

somehow it comes as a shock that the creepy hostile rednecks who live in the mountains eat people, maybe the japanese just aren't ready for that like we are. will the one (1) cop in town be able to bring the long, perfectly marbled arm of the law down on them, or will he be just another order of long pig? he seems like kind of a dope so jury's still out

cw: not much, somewhat gory. this one's more of a slow burn tv drama sort of horror compared to the outrageous bullshit I've mentioned previously

e: appropriately it apparently has a tv adaptation on hulu which may be worth watching for a laugh

--

Hideout

when the woke wfh agenda assassinates their son, gucci premium reward members seiichi and miki vacation to the local beach resort/defensive position to end the cycle before it gets any worse. but some in the imperial japanese army are perfectly happy with this new workplace trend...

CW: mild gore

Buck Wildman has issued a correction as of 17:04 on Jan 30, 2024

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

What's this from?

Denjin was... Uh, I mean i read it all. It was very gory which I enjoyed though maybe a bit gratuitous even for me
The idols getting impaled by rods from God
I did like that L from death note shows up except he's a magical siamese twin who gets super brain powers when he's near his twin

No pedo stuff though so basically it's in the highest echelons of manga

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

nothing I've suggested so far has pedo stuff and I don't post one until I've read far enough to feel confident about that. the mosquito thing was from some garbage comic and those panels were the only funny thing from it

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Communist Thoughts posted:

What's this from?

Denjin was... Uh, I mean i read it all. It was very gory which I enjoyed though maybe a bit gratuitous even for me
The idols getting impaled by rods from God
I did like that L from death note shows up except he's a magical siamese twin who gets super brain powers when he's near his twin

No pedo stuff though so basically it's in the highest echelons of manga

The pesudo-L concept was kinda clever IMO. Like the thing where one of the twins is incapable of instinctively noticing patterns, which allows him to more clearly "see the truth of things" - like it's silly, but silly in a way that vaguely makes sense if you squint.

The violence was definitely a bit too much at times. It was also a bit goofy that the main guy just happened to split off his conscience before the meeting (and that he didn't just split off more if he was willing to do that), but it was probably the most plausible way they could have dealt with someone who has such ridiculous powers.

One other thing I'll grant that manga is that it's pretty good about ending in a timely manner. It never really feels either padded or like it was cancelled early.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Well that'S depressing.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Buck Wildman posted:

nothing I've suggested so far has pedo stuff and I don't post one until I've read far enough to feel confident about that.

Yeah I appreciate it, you're doing the lords work

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

Who is getting excited for this?

https://twitter.com/SEED_HDRP/status/1752533879238603263?s=20

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Waiter! Get me a delicious cup of SEED.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

The movie or the food? I’m onboard for the movie but i don’t live close enough to try the food :(

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Gripweed posted:

The movie or the food? I’m onboard for the movie but i don’t live close enough to try the food :(

The geographic chains hold you back from the taste of freedom!
Rise up! Cast them aside! Summon your Gundam

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Monkey Peak

when the demon monkey is powerbombed off his mountain by the shogun, he falls back on his tried and true natural prey: corporate middle management. a pharmaceutical company embarks on its corporate togetherness retreat to Demon Monkey Toss Mountain (lol yes they actually call it that), but it isn't long before they start to think the mini golf/bbq party was probably the way to go after all

pictured: running wild at monkeymania

also pictured: tsuji from accounting, age 50 doesn't make it

cw: gore, torture. also the translator for this is an absolute freak and around midway through starts doing some 4chan-calibur attempts at humor and sociopolitical commentary after every chapter. it has nothing to do with the comic itself and you can easily skip it by just jumping to the next chapter whenever you hit the "translated by" splash page, but I'd be remiss in not bringing it up

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gripweed posted:

Basically everything about the whole marketing strategy. Who the gently caress wants a SEED branded cafe experience? I know they're out there. I need to understand these people.

Buck Wildman posted:

starts doing some 4chan-calibur attempts at humor and sociopolitical commentary after every chapter.

Post some of the commentary.

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 21:40 on Jan 31, 2024

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Basically everything about the whole marketing strategy. Who the gently caress wants a SEED branded cafe experience? I know they're out there. I need to understand these people.

maybe the eclairs are absolutely to die for and they need to scare off the normies so they can have them all to themselves

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Maybe if it's your first gundam? I'll never get why goons love Wing, but what can you do.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Post some of the commentary.

absolutely not. you know the type

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Buck Wildman posted:

absolutely not. you know the type

Yeah, that's why I want to see it. This is CSPAM. But I'll respect your boundaries.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

definitely spends his spare time sobbing into a body pillow that japan lost the war

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

If Japan won the war anime wouldn't exist. Certainly not as we know it.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

If Japan won the war anime wouldn't exist. Certainly not as we know it.

everyone watch Paranoia Agent god dammit!

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 358 days!

genericnick posted:

Maybe if it's your first gundam? I'll never get why goons love Wing, but what can you do.

wing is the lovely one all of america loves and seed is the lovely one all of japan loves

Ted Wassanasong
Apr 8, 2020

tenderjerk posted:

wing is the lovely one all of america loves and seed is the lovely one all of japan loves

Gundam peaked with 08th MS team.

Zodar
May 21, 2007

Ted Wassanasong posted:

that's the lovely one forum posters love

Ted Wassanasong
Apr 8, 2020

Zodar posted:

that's the lovely one forum posters love

No, that ones G.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

war in the pocket is all the gundam u need

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I would be willing to drive, maybe at the most, 70 minutes for the Gundam Seed cafe.

Zodar
May 21, 2007

i think 0080, 0083 and 08th all kind of get lumped together because of the circumstances of their production, because they're sold as the "grounded, realistic" ones without any golden-age-of-scifi space mysticism, because all of them are talked about by people who last saw them 10+ years ago, after the fallibility of memory sanded off the fine details and left only Vibes. i think 0080 is solid: it has a clear idea of the tragedy it's building towards from the jump, and the more grounded civilian perspective makes violence feel like an enormous, horrible intrusion into the characters' lives.

the other two are messes. childish understanding of conflict, in either ideological or material terms; cliches learned from Hollywood war movies used to spackle over thin character writing; onerous "romances" written like the production staff resented having to take time away from lovingly-animated military hardware sakuga.

really good military hardware sakuga though, the gouf fight in 08th is a banger

Zodar has issued a correction as of 02:05 on Feb 1, 2024

Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

Keep it between the buoys
0083 and 8th MS Team are just 1980s American war movies with giant robots so if you like movies like that they're ok.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

tenderjerk posted:

Wing is good.

Ted Wassanasong posted:

08th MS Team is solid middle-tier Gundam. Since then, Reconguista in G, Iron-Blooded Orphans, Witch From Mercury, Build Fighters, and Build Divers Re Rise were all better

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Hathaway was good.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

I liked Zeta's crazy rear end soundtrack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjKmUCRNSb0&t=1346s

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Gripweed posted:

Wing is good.

08th MS Team is solid middle-tier Gundam. Since then, Reconguista in G, Iron-Blooded Orphans, Witch From Mercury, Build Fighters, and Build Divers Re Rise were all better

i like 8th MS Team more then any of those its only like 12 episodes long along with THUNDERBOLT its just a OYW war story which i prefer.

also 90s animation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
Shigeaki Saegusa is on the Mount Rushmore of Anime Soundtrack Guys, along with Yoko Kanno, Yuki Kajuira, Joe Hisaishi, and Kenji Kawai