Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 1/29/04

Brenda Starr 7/14-16/52

Smokey Stover 6/28/59

Everyday Movies 3/12/37

"No, I don't want it insured. It's only literature."

Grand Theft Hippy 1/11-13/43

Closer Than We Think! 6/28/59

This one is mostly correct -- Husqvarna sells a robot mower with a solar-powered charging dock. You still have to activate it yourself, though, and it doesn't do fertilizer or snow.

It is kinda funny that Radebaugh always draws solar collectors that look like radar dishes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

oh suddenly Jeremy calls people on the phone huh

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Cul de Sac

FoxTrot Classix

Rose is Rose

Wow. A timely reference from Rose is Rose, with those cups that I'm told are popular now.

My Lovely Horse posted:

oh suddenly Jeremy calls people on the phone huh

Teenagers don't live according to logical consistency.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
loving hell Mexikids is awesome.

And ew to Mary Worth. Beyond the obvious, I am grossed out by anything romantic to a partner that indicates thanking their parents for loving and making the person. Probably been down too many true crime poo poo with child brides for me to find that cute. Or in Mary Worth, hey, estranged dad, thanks for knocking up my mom and being such a poo poo she ran away before you knew she was pregnant!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

THORN, August 2-12, 1983

Note 7:

quote:

"Matt Houston", "Three's Company", "The A-Team",
"Joanie Loves Chachi", "The Jeffersons",
"Hart to Hart", "Silver Spoons"

Popular TV shows in the 1980's.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

JethroMcB posted:

Wow. A timely reference from Rose is Rose, with those cups that I'm told are popular.

I regret to inform you that the popular cups are full of lead

https://twitter.com/LeaMaric/status/1751790285561204753

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

capitalism lol

Forum accident
Jun 15, 2006

All hail Thor...the THUNDER GOD!
Frank and Ernest

(12/15/1993)

(12/16/1993)

Ziggy

(8/17/1971)

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

Everyone pretend I dredged up a bunch of billionaire submarine jokes from six months ago. (Heh, dredged up.)

Flash Gordon

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Flash gonna Riddick it up.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Mister Olympus posted:

I regret to inform you that the popular cups are full of lead

https://twitter.com/LeaMaric/status/1751790285561204753

I didn't know the cups were popular until I saw the news about the elevated lead content.

Powered Descent posted:

Slylock Fox

Everyone pretend I dredged up a bunch of billionaire submarine jokes from six months ago. (Heh, dredged up.)

I fell off the GBS Simpsons Memes thread right around that time and going back to it recently was wild. Somehow that already feels like half a decade ago.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I don’t like getting called out like this.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail has a guest today.

Popcom

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

You know, Rene seemed to be a fine art teacher, and since he knows this guy he probably could have done all this self-help stuff totally legit. What I'm saying is Rene is a very bad con man and would be better off just using his talents for real things.

Don't forget that he was working as an art forger for a mafia boss when we first met him.

This is gonna go so badly for the guy that reassigned him when one of his allies, which includes the queen, tries to check on him.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise: The Bluebeard Affair

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Darthemed posted:

Ed is looking awfully slim there. Also KILL IT!!! KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Selachian posted:

Closer Than We Think! 6/28/59

This one is mostly correct -- Husqvarna sells a robot mower with a solar-powered charging dock. You still have to activate it yourself, though, and it doesn't do fertilizer or snow.

It is kinda funny that Radebaugh always draws solar collectors that look like radar dishes.
My cousin has one of those electric self-directed lawnmowers, and has solar panels to charge his house and electric cars. It kinda works like a Roomba, but for grass.

One thing that makes it very useful is that his house and lawn are on a rather steep incline where a walk behind mower is difficult and riding mower is not possible because it would flip over. The self-directed mower won't flip over because it's center of gravity is so low.

And photovoltaic cells existed in 1959, but radar dish style collectors just look cooler than black rectangles on the roof of the house. That said, there is a radar dish style way to generate electricity called concentrated solar power but that's more of a "power a city" system rather than "power a house" system.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Zereth posted:

This is gonna go so badly for the guy that reassigned him when one of his allies, which includes the queen, tries to check on him.
Yeah, I was just thinking, Aura and Barin might accept that Flash needs to be imprisoned securely while a full investigation takes place, but I don't think they're going to be very happy that the judicial officials are all disobeying orders and retaliating against Flash for killing ('killing') Ming.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Darthemed posted:

NO

GO AWAY ED

STOP RUINING OTHER THINGS

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Catching up with Blueberry and lol, RIP Bascom, got what he so richly desired.

Transmodiar posted:

Modesty Blaise: The Bluebeard Affair

Oh Abdul, you're such a good fellow. :3:

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jan 30, 2024

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

CannonFodder posted:

My cousin has one of those electric self-directed lawnmowers, and has solar panels to charge his house and electric cars. It kinda works like a Roomba, but for grass.

One thing that makes it very useful is that his house and lawn are on a rather steep incline where a walk behind mower is difficult and riding mower is not possible because it would flip over. The self-directed mower won't flip over because it's center of gravity is so low.

And photovoltaic cells existed in 1959, but radar dish style collectors just look cooler than black rectangles on the roof of the house. That said, there is a radar dish style way to generate electricity called concentrated solar power but that's more of a "power a city" system rather than "power a house" system.

I don’t think I feel comfortable about “Roomba, with spinning blades “

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
The Family Upstairs/The Dingbat Family(August 2, 1910)

Baron Bean(February 1,. 1916)

Positive Polly/Polly and Her Pals(December 31, 1912)

[spoiler][spoiler]

Gasoline Alley(September 20, 1919)

Us Boys(November 29, 1911)

The Gumps(February 27, 1917)

Krazy Kat(November 25, 1913)

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
We Are Reproducing

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

get his rear end

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

CannonFodder posted:

Yeah, but you can use parabolic solar cookers for cooking and hot water
https://www.amazon.com/parabolic-solar-cooker/s?k=parabolic+solar+cooker

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

People who retain control of the TV while sleeping deserve to be kicked out a window.

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Jul. 02, 1961)

How are they going to tell Arn put blood on the arrow when he snipes some random poor bastard on the outskirts of camp?

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Steeple 20: Extreme Freaks

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Steeple website

John Allison posted:

In case there is any confusion here — and there is always some confusion — St Piran’s is Reverend Penrose’s church.

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
Somehow I lucked out and got the last in stock copy of The Complete Cul de Sac at MSRP from some bookstore in LA, and since it was $75 instead of the $300 used on Amazon I figured that meant I had Free Money to buy up whatever else Richard Thompson stuff I could while I was at it. One of the books I got was "Team Cul de Sac" which has a bunch of other cartoonists doing tributes to his work, and there were a couple that stood out to me and I took really lovely pictures of.

This one was funny because despite Garfield's ubiquity I realized this was probably the first actual new Jim Davis comic strip in like 30 years. Turns out he's actually pretty talented!

And I figured that the thread would appreciate a bit of Dustin commentary:

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Holy poo poo that's a pretty spicy Dustin parody for an industry where everyone knows each other.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

You are a pork chop, Ed.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

You are a pork chop, Ed.

HEY.

Some pork chops are juicy and most people love pork chops.

No one loves Ed. Not even his dad.

And yeah, the prison dude in Flash is gonna get it.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

[throws this comic in the trash]

ough, babushka...

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Hostile V posted:

[throws this comic in the trash]

drat, Marie Kondo jokes. That's gonna age like a Boondocks strip.

Also, Hellworld has commercial whaling?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Ballard Street