Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hamas ftw
Nov 25, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

copy posted:

houthi pirate whose middle name is just "d." shakes the world to its core with their increasingly daring adventures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Commerce ftw

hamas ftw
Nov 25, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

DaysBefore posted:

Commerce ftw

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

DaysBefore posted:

Commerce ftw

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

buying, selling, trading... we love em

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

pirate hunter d

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Becoming a genocidal maniac because a tanker filled with fracking fluid has to take the long way around.

hamas ftw
Nov 25, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
d's nuts

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

somehow the accordion player drops the bass as rum starts spraying from the sprinklers. the governor's son panics as all the party goers around him suddenly have eyepatches. suddenly the music stops as d boots in the door, twirling silver hooks in each hand

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

they say his father was a houthi, they call him the Beach Walker

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

hamas ftw posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Perfectly peaceful behaviour

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
[goons in 2004]: love pirates can't get enough of pirates talk like a pirate arrrr put together extremely cringe pirate themed rap bands arrrrrrr
[goons in 2024]: our shipping lanes must be kept free of sea dogs at all cost

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

I see a couple of gbs "leftist" types in there bitching about the damage to commerce. Who would have thunk

lol applying "peaceful protest" logic to piracy

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Buck Wildman posted:

lol

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
hunter s thompson quote about the crashing of the pirate revolution wave amongst the rocks of big figgie maersk and Lockheed computer touching jobs

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Al! posted:

[goons in 2004]: love pirates can't get enough of pirates talk like a pirate arrrr put together extremely cringe pirate themed rap bands arrrrrrr
[goons in 2024]: our shipping lanes must be kept free of sea dogs at all cost

being the leader of the free world is about pursuing power fantasies

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

theres also a big difference between pirates as theyve been portrayed in media vs the reality. see if you can swatch the difference

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

copy posted:

lol applying "peaceful protest" logic to piracy

its extra funny as under the laws of the sea (as demanded by britain), yemen is operating a perfectly legal blockade

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Buck Wildman posted:

lol

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Wouldn't the Houthi's technically be privateers if anything

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

DaysBefore posted:

god drat them all
i was told we'd sail the seas
for Israeli cargo
we'd fire no gun
shed no tears
i'm a broken man
on a Mukalla pier
the last of the Houthi
Privateers

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

DaysBefore posted:

they're an organized government doing it with their national military

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

its extra funny as under the laws of the sea (as demanded by britain), yemen is operating a perfectly legal blockade

They're not white though, they're not allowed to impose their will on others.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Al! posted:

theres also a big difference between pirates as theyve been portrayed in media vs the reality. see if you can swatch the difference

Black sails was the best show

Edit: after spartacus: gods of the arena

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I also liked black sails it was a ton of fun

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

it was ok

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i like our flag means death

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Cuttlefush posted:

fnln dont be a dumbass

i mostly wanted to check against a bunch of liberals to see if people only tapped into western media/ideology could coherently dispute what im noticing to make sure i wasn't building a narrative from the other side of whats visible

i knew i wouldn't convince people right away western propagandas so embedded in people youre guaranteed to sound insane at first no matter what bc its in reference to the truth they all already agreed to 'know'

its all the opposite of what americans are taught to see at the ideological level in everything for multiple generations now, their brains can't immediately storyboard the details i was giving
but westernized lib-fascist-tendency brain builds everything into a personalized comicbook and respects who it thinks will win or is strongest or familiar when its starting to look more like antz that will slot right in for some of them who'd freak out otherwise, theyll know what's going to happen, americans hate a loser, which hopefully makes them less likely to materially aid nazis again, because the ending has already been spoiled and goodguys dont lose

im being totally literal when i say i think the abstraction created from heirarchy, phones and constantly performing monetary conversions for everything that american ideology requires causes a disassociated state by itself, i just don't think people notice it because it is familiar
like its a state of disassociation when your brain is thinking "phone with video playing on the screen" and not "glass rectangle that lights up with a plastic shell", "paragraph of text" vs the individual letters made of individual strokes/pixels this is why they seem insane and think we are all insane their mental filters are inverted from reality and throw out everything real

FirstnameLastname has issued a correction as of 22:55 on Jan 30, 2024

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

did you ever eat that orange

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

FirstnameLastname posted:

"paragraph of text"

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Hey, I think your vibes are right but they're not wrong that you write like you're having a mental break. They would still call you schizophrenic if you were presenting your ideas in a coherent manner but also you're currently expressing them in hard to parse run on sentences and presenting them as novel and unique observations when lots of people have written about and have thoughts on the idea that as the world has become more complicated we've done more and more to retreat into fantasy worlds that give us a sense that we control and understand it all. It's also not a uniquely American or Western phenomenon.

Uh so yeah, good vibes but read some books you can reference and refine those ideas into something you can express in a way that isn't run on disjointed sentences

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

d&d simply cannot handle fnln's posting energy

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

Hey, I think your vibes are right but they're not wrong that you write like you're having a mental break. They would still call you schizophrenic if you were presenting your ideas in a coherent manner but also you're currently expressing them in hard to parse run on sentences and presenting them as novel and unique observations when lots of people have written about and have thoughts on the idea that as the world has become more complicated we've done more and more to retreat into fantasy worlds that give us a sense that we control and understand it all. It's also not a uniquely American or Western phenomenon.

Uh so yeah, good vibes but read some books you can reference and refine those ideas into something you can express in a way that isn't run on disjointed sentences

your reading comprehension fail is not fnlns problem

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

it's like scp wiki stuff, you gotta throw yourself at it and get used to the format and then it all becomes easy to read

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
FNLN's posts ramble but are always coherent.

Verdict: He is retarded not schizo.
*slams gavel*

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Mr Hootington posted:

*slams gavel*

:hai:

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Mr Hootington posted:

*slams gavel*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

*slams gavel*