Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I beg many of you to just stop reading and interacting with people on this site who reply "source" if you say "people from Asia are humans."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm just saying go watch Hypernormalisation and repeat that poo poo back to D&D like they're your own thoughts. It's the only language they understand.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
you only really get schitzo posting from posters who are truly unable to turn it off like boba turt or numbers guy or yours truly

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

I beg many of you to just stop reading and interacting with people on this site who reply "source" if you say "people from Asia are humans."

dnd is built on the insanely flawed premise that you can talk someone out of an incorrect position with logic and reason. the only way to convince anyone of anything is to make them think it was their idea

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Mr Hootington posted:

FNLN's posts ramble but are always coherent.

Verdict: He is retarded not schizo.
*slams gavel*

The king has spoken

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i do this to my bosses all the time. "remember when you said [my good idea not their bad idea]" and they nod thoughtfully

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Al! posted:

dnd is built on the insanely flawed premise that you can talk someone out of an incorrect position with logic and reason. the only way to convince anyone of anything is to make them think it was their idea

Enders game pilled where if you post really good and praxishly online you become president

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Mr Hootington posted:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Slippery slope to acknowledging white people are human, I don't think so.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

straight out of the alt right playbook

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
That wasn't schitzo posting, people are just being mean. Now Prester Jane was a fine schitzoposter. Not a real one till you start inventing Proper Nouns and attach a glossary to your OP.

It was very long, tell you the truth... I didn't read the whole thing. Regardless, I supported u as best I could.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Mr Hootington posted:

*slams gavel*

lol

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Prester was also pretty much right, the ideas just were not as novel as they thought

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Gumball Gumption posted:

Prester was also pretty much right, the ideas just were not as novel as they thought

Even about china?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Gumball Gumption posted:

the only thing they were right about was Cedar Rapids

unless you agree that all Chinese are evil genetic mutation clones created by mao to take over the world and covid is 5g nanobit cancer virus caused by Steve Jobs

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Just the second one. That China poo poo is crazy

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I mostly just remember their narrativist stuff which is my favorite type of crank writing. Take a real and well studied thing, invent a bunch of new terms for it, sprinkle in a few of your own ideas, and bingo boingo you got yourself an entirely new radical idea no one has ever come up with before.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Mr Hootington posted:

*slams gavel*

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
my favorite thing about gip is that they’re nominally better than D&D, do the goon socdem thing but in reality they’ve been in such close proximity to the MIC radiation they fall for all the same marketing tricks lol. had a friend who was hooooooype about himars being da gamechanger lol

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Homeless Friend posted:

my favorite thing about gip is that they’re nominally better than D&D, do the goon socdem thing but in reality they’ve been in such close proximity to the MIC radiation they fall for all the same marketing tricks lol. had a friend who was hooooooype about himars being da gamechanger lol

Obama era service was hosed. Every TV had on either MSNBC or FOX News and that poo poo rots your brain.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

KirbyKhan posted:

Obama era service was hosed. Every TV had on either MSNBC or FOX News and that poo poo rots your brain.

Obama should have been and needed to be discredited in the years after his presidency. Sadly, he was not and so will continue to haunt us for decades.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

bedpan posted:

Obama should have been and needed to be discredited in the years after his presidency. Sadly, he was not and so will continue to haunt us for decades.

I always handle this by saying from the perspective of representation and how we see ourselves as a nation he was important, and that he dogfucked us worse than Reagan did on policy.

that works because it gets people initially open to what you’re gonna say; he was important to our national self image! and I’m not here to tell black people how to feel about having a black president. it’s also extremely difficult to call you racist after you say that then immediately pull up black homeownership charts.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lobster shirt posted:

will not be instituting apartheid in cspam. although we are teh home of fascism and genocide denial on somethingawful. apartheid is wrong.

i call it apartight, cause its a fun thing to do

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Homeless Friend posted:

i call it apartight, cause its a fun thing to do

wow...

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
All this inter sub forum drama has led me to what should have been an obvious conclusion. Cspam needs to begin the calm stalin project.

selec posted:

I always handle this by saying from the perspective of representation and how we see ourselves as a nation he was important, and that he dogfucked us worse than Reagan did on policy.

that works because it gets people initially open to what you’re gonna say; he was important to our national self image! and I’m not here to tell black people how to feel about having a black president. it’s also extremely difficult to call you racist after you say that then immediately pull up black homeownership charts.

No, improving America's national self image is bad, because it is tricking Americans into thinking their country is not evil.

Xaris posted:

the only thing they were right about was Cedar Rapids

unless you agree that all Chinese are evil genetic mutation clones created by mao to take over the world and covid is 5g nanobit cancer virus caused by Steve Jobs

I presume the Chinese were created by Yakub's good twin.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
we need no such thing

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Gumball Gumption posted:

Hey, I think your vibes are right but they're not wrong that you write like you're having a mental break. They would still call you schizophrenic if you were presenting your ideas in a coherent manner but also you're currently expressing them in hard to parse run on sentences and presenting them as novel and unique observations when lots of people have written about and have thoughts on the idea that as the world has become more complicated we've done more and more to retreat into fantasy worlds that give us a sense that we control and understand it all. It's also not a uniquely American or Western phenomenon.

Uh so yeah, good vibes but read some books you can reference and refine those ideas into something you can express in a way that isn't run on disjointed sentences

people being unwilling to dedicate any amount of time thinking on the most important geopolitical event in human history doesn't mean im having a mental break it means they're in denial or being lazy

if i left anything out, they would bring that gap up and ignore everything else i said, its the only way d&d operates so i just was going for a logical framework of many simple things that aren't disputable being added together to break through the denial brain on volume and merit to familiarize them with the idea

imo american individualism is actually a unique global-capital hegemon-phenomenon that creates a genuine mental handicap as long as you stay in that state

you don't have an accurate perspective of the world bc it's just never an accurate method of thought - it's using the wrong metrics, doesn't measure, people can't project individualized thought onto groups of people, its not not how they work and you can't predict outcomes that way because they're a statistical distribution and not a person, thinking about them like they are a person making a single decision consciously removes the part where math occurs

they're thinking about #1 or maybe thinking about an imagined "other" in a stereotype outfit deciding to do a thing that's not how anything works, people aren't rational actors in groups, and groups are the actors controlling what happens, not individuals.

people Literally aren't able to do the math on that + unemployment and housing and firearms in the USA and think that more other people cannot be as scary as them and think that groups of desperate people won't exhibit the same behavior that they always have, or that there's a special economic decline app that brings in goods when people don't have jobs and aren't producing goods and the pool of labor and their compensation shrinks in relation to the overall population as it grows along with cost of living

if you remind them of this, they'll call you a schizophrenic - they think they can calmly drive the wheels of destiny with force of calm will

people think things are more complicated than this but they're not

the flaws and cut corners of an individualist worldview are really obvious once you notice the fake construct of "I" who "does " stuff with a bunch of emotional stuff tied to it when you are actually making payments with a card or writing instructions to someone else and performing no task yourself
this compounds upon itself to create collectively individualized institutions and that's why our political system is full of narcissists, it self-selects for them while they're all blind to being able to see this
everyone makes their own systems with only themselves in mind and that does not work, of course it's going to seem like things are really complicated they're broken
It doesn't mean everything is complicated though it just means people are playing pretend and wrote themselves into a corner

i don't think the world has gotten more complicated in any way people fundamentally have not changed since 1750, 1450, 450, things only happen faster, life isn't tv, people do the same poo poo they Always have, and pretending that's changed in any meaningful way or that people won't continue this path to a collapse and revolution is insane there's No other path for China as a state actor capital is the greatest threat to ever exist, Russia has infinite historical reason to have that same position as a state as does Iran, Yemen, NK
like this isn't gonna stop at the last second so the themesong can play and america can refill the health bar
there's simply no place for that to come from, there's no group to make that happen once the pyramid starts to collapse from the top. capital is all heirarchy, once its imploding in the us it'll fall apart everywhere

imo people just want a reason to think their system wasn't really this weak all along, or that american capital is important than More people in China disagreeing and want to think that they can be white about it to get their way or that something is only important if they agree - that is a cognitive delay created by individualism, it is making them retarded

FirstnameLastname has issued a correction as of 01:37 on Jan 31, 2024

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

*slams gavel*

worn with pride, brother

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

FirstnameLastname posted:

people being unwilling to dedicate any amount of time thinking on the most important geopolitical event in human history doesn't mean im having a mental break it means they're in denial or being lazy

if i left anything out, they would bring that gap up and ignore everything else i said, its the only way d&d operates so i just was going for a logical framework of many simple things that aren't disputable being added together to break through the denial brain on volume and merit to familiarize them with the idea

imo american individualism is actually a unique global-capital hegemon-phenomenon that creates a genuine mental handicap as long as you stay in that state

you don't have an accurate perspective of the world bc it's just never an accurate method of thought - it's using the wrong metrics, doesn't measure, people can't project individualized thought onto groups of people, its not not how they work and you can't predict outcomes that way because they're a statistical distribution and not a person, thinking about them like they are a person making a single decision consciously removes the part where math occurs

they're thinking about #1 or maybe thinking about an imagined "other" in a stereotype outfit deciding to do a thing that's not how anything works, people aren't rational actors in groups, and groups are the actors controlling what happens, not individuals.

people Literally aren't able to do the math on that + unemployment and housing and firearms in the USA and think that more other people cannot be as scary as them and think that groups of desperate people won't exhibit the same behavior that they always have, or that there's a special economic decline app that brings in goods when people don't have jobs and aren't producing goods and the pool of labor and their compensation shrinks in relation to the overall population as it grows along with cost of living

if you remind them of this, they'll call you a schizophrenic - they think they can calmly drive the wheels of destiny with force of calm will

the flaws and cut corners of an individualist worldview are really obvious once you notice the fake construct of "I" who "does " stuff with a bunch of emotional stuff tied to it when you are actually making payments with a card or writing instructions to someone else and performing no task yourself
this compounds upon itself to create collectively individualized institutions and that's why our political system is full of narcissists, it self-selects for them while they're all blind to being able to see this
everyone makes their own systems with only themselves in mind and that does not work, of course it's going to seem like things are really complicated they're broken
It doesn't mean everything is complicated though it just means people are playing pretend and wrote themselves into a corner

i don't think the world has gotten more complicated in any way people fundamentally have not changed since 1750, 1450, 450, things only happen faster, life isn't tv, people do the same poo poo they Always have, and pretending that's changed in any meaningful way or that people won't continue this path to a collapse and revolution is insane there's No other path for China as a state actor capital is the greatest threat to ever exist, Russia has infinite historical reason to have that same position as a state as does Iran, Yemen, NK
like this isn't gonna stop at the last second so the themesong can play and america can refill the health bar
there's simply no place for that to come from, there's no group to make that happen once the pyramid starts to collapse from the top. capital is all heirarchy, once its imploding in the us it'll fall apart everywhere

imo people just want a reason to think their system wasn't really this weak all along, or that american capital is important than More people in China disagreeing and want to think that they can be white about it to get their way or that something is only important if they agree - that is a cognitive delay created by individualism, it is making them retarded

a lot of good public policy that would help Americans is actually broadly popular but efforts to achieve those policies are crushed by the dominant political parties, corporations, interest groups (billionaires), think tanks (billionaires), the news media (billionaires), etc. etc. it's not just people being uniquely stupid or mentally disabled, capital wields its power aggressively

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Mr Hootington posted:

Who are you?

your future murderer

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
cspam is already calm stalin, which is a tautology

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Vox Nihili posted:

a lot of good public policy that would help Americans is actually broadly popular but efforts to achieve those policies are crushed by the dominant political parties, corporations, interest groups (billionaires), think tanks (billionaires), the news media (billionaires), etc. etc. it's not just people being uniquely stupid or mentally disabled, capital wields its power aggressively

that’s right

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Weka posted:

All this inter sub forum drama has led me to what should have been an obvious conclusion. Cspam needs to begin the calm stalin project.

Yeah, true, although what's irritating is that liberals are more less "calm" than they let on, they just are granted nigh-infinite leniency, while a stalin can't even be calm, must be beyond perfect, must, in fact, be hitler to be accepted.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

FirstnameLastname posted:

happy for you but im not reading all that

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Vox Nihili posted:

no i mean at really basic levels
you just don't quantify details as well if you stay in that mindset because you're only focusing on parts of the world and ignoring other parts, it's why the institutions themselves are falling apart people don't realize that they all get food from the same places and use the same roads as every single one of their other neighbors & the stuff they put out affects other people who are like them they aren't able to consider this being a possibility they think it's been proven otherwise already

they can't process how the world works at all or what the relative effect of anything is because in reality the world is not full of individuals, a group of people is playing pretend that this is how it is and they don't think of things how they actually are, everything shrinks to their scale, every team is about 6 to 10 people, an army is about 200 people just like starcraft, you can even see it in games and drawings and movies compare any media to stuff from 50 years ago nobody has a sense of real life scale anymore with anything at all they're thinking of individual traits not parallel everybody wants to be a celebrity and a Navy SEAL and a super whatever it's delusional humans have not changed at all

this economy is run by people who think that one person having two jobs is more efficient than two people having one job it isn't it just saves on labor for the employer nobody is aware of this because they think they can't lose they don't realize that the stuff is going to fall over

"yeah I think about 14 really high tech tanks would be good that seems like a lot of tanks for me so that's probably a lot of tanks for fighting all of Russia too"

it is actually retardation caused by that on its own
if they stopped thinking as individuals who had some special power that no others did, they would stop thinking like that and be smarter it breaks your sense of scale and time, of collective priority, everything is on personal timescales groups don't care about those groups can do stuff for 200 years nobody in america can consider this stuff and if you look for it you start to feel like the world around you is actually dangerously mentally impaired from this effect and it is

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

yeah. but i'm special

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
like you have to think that way to do capitalism It's the competitive part of the brain

you have to not think that way to do anything useful at all for society

that is where all the contradictions come from at the societal & institutional scale - the more of one, the less of the other

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Al! posted:

yeah. but i'm special

bitch im retarded

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Mr Hootington posted:

*slams gavel*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Do FNLN's posts look like they were copy-pasted from a 2003 website where the font changes size every couple lines and the sidebar is a half-remembered quote that's only relevant to the author? Yes, but that doesn't mean they're wrong

Sadly the thread was gassed before any more epic guys could come in to call him psychotic or go 'actual these issues were all solved by Barack Obama in 2011' so we'll never bridge the gap between Based and Cringe on the forum