Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

The kirkland signature tortilla chips with some kirkland signature mexican style shredded cheese on top toasted for a couple of minutes makes a great nacho snack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I love trashy bachelor nachos

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I think this was a thread tip from long ago but crumbling up those black bean burgers from the freezer section onto them is A+

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Finally had the cookie... I can put away 4 slices of Costco cheese but that cookie is just sickeningly rich and doesn't pair with anything.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Nfcknblvbl posted:

The kirkland signature tortilla chips with some kirkland signature mexican style shredded cheese on top toasted for a couple of minutes makes a great nacho snack.

Take it up a notch, and chop some of that rotisserie chicken onto there. Or, if yer real trashy, a Kirkland signature Polish.

Mmm hotdog nacho style snacks

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Hed posted:

I think this was a thread tip from long ago but crumbling up those black bean burgers from the freezer section onto them is A+

We keep them frozen, and use them with scrambled eggs. 30 seconds in the microwave to soften them a little, toss them in the skillet while breaking them up, then add some spinach. Once the spinach is ready, add some eggs and the Costco Mexican cheese blend, absolutely perfect. Also probably a couple days worth of sodium, but delicious.

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"

TheOneVader posted:

I had to do this with a 3 year old LG OLED that started to die (a band of discoloration developed at the top). I forgot the warranty existed until I went to look at my old email from where I ordered it. I think ordering online helped streamline it since they sent a corresponding email directly from SquareTrade when I bought it saying I was already registered.

The claim was quite simple. There was some back and forth where I had to send pictures and a video of the TV, but in 3-4 days they cut me a check for the price of the latest LG OLED model and said keep the dying TV. They have some options where they send you a TV directly which confused me, but it's not mandatory. So now the old one is in the bedroom until the problem gets bad enough to dump it, and a brand new TV is in the living room.

They approved my claim with some photos in a couple of days, like you said, but offered a new replacement. The TVs are trash tier LEDs at 1/3 the cost of my original. Seems their MO is to low ball then you have to fight it. Now they said an expert would "manually" find a better replacement. I have to approve or deny that once received. I just want the refund so likely need to keep fighting.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

bird with big dick posted:

They're going to find out in 5 years that semaglutide gives you supercancer

hollywood holocaust

TheOneVader
Jun 9, 2006

Don't kiss your sister, Son...

Paul Proteus posted:

They approved my claim with some photos in a couple of days, like you said, but offered a new replacement. The TVs are trash tier LEDs at 1/3 the cost of my original. Seems their MO is to low ball then you have to fight it. Now they said an expert would "manually" find a better replacement. I have to approve or deny that once received. I just want the refund so likely need to keep fighting.

I got the email offering a replacement as well, and was very mad so I called them up. However, my experience was when I called they immediately just offered the cash instead of the replacement before I could even explain OLED vs LCD like I was all hyped to do.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
semaglutide cuts your risk of total death by a fifth, so you'd basically have to double total cancer rate for it not to be beneficial to your health

also 5% of all cancer is attributed to obesity, so i guess like, 2.1x

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jan 30, 2024

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

For tortilla chips, last time I made some layered dip I had it with those sweet potato corn crackers. They're actually just tortilla chips but labeled as crackers for some reason.

I personally prefer the multi-seed kind of tortilla chips over plain tortilla chips though.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Eeyo posted:

I personally prefer the multi-seed kind of tortilla chips over plain tortilla chips though.

Yeah, if I'm gonna just eat the chips by themselves, then those Late July multigrain ones are pretty good

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep

They're going to find out in 5 years that semaglutide gives you supercancer

I thought I saw somewhere that around half the weight you lose on that stuff is from muscle loss.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

hark posted:

I thought I saw somewhere that around half the weight you lose on that stuff is from muscle loss.

There’s absolutely no way that’s true

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

hark posted:

There's nothing magical about it, it mimics hormones that make you feel full or sickeningly full, so your stomach empties more slowly and you eat less. If instead of taking it, someone locked you in a room and restricted your meals by the same amount, you'd be losing the same muscle.

If you don't seriously hit the weights and prioritize protein you're gonna be skinnyfat, and even then you're still going to lose some lean muscle mass when you're cutting calories.

These things like "lose all your muscle" or "oh you get ozempic face" are all like yeah, that's what happens when you're doing a starvation diet. You'd need to dial back the dose to avoid it, but it seems like even the default is really aggressive.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

There’s absolutely no way that’s true

Yeah, I heard in my head that it's actually lost bone density, not muscle.

Get a tape worm going, and do something to leech the minerals out of your body (dead weight anyways), and enjoy the thinner, cooler looking you!

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
And some of the horror stories on Google I'm seeing are about counterfeits. All the more reason to trust the Church's noble pharmacy!

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

hark posted:

if you starve yourself the body will consume muscle as well as fat, that's not anything secret.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I read that half the weight you lose on semaglutide is penis mass.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

calories in calories out you BOZOS

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Heres a good way to lose weight: eat more kimchi

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I have that whole feeling of being full all of the time due to another ailment and I gotta say - I really cannot recommend it. Its so unpleasant.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Having tried it before I wouldn’t call it being full more so just not thinking about food and even if you are hungry you don’t care to eat even if you smell something that would normally trigger it.

It’s kinda wild.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

No it’s half the weight is lost to penis mass

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Bleh my digestive system is so hosed up I cannot even digest lettuce properly ao I dunno if kimchi will help

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Smugworth posted:

calories in calories out you BOZOS

no entity has successfully had a way to reliably lose two digit lbs or kgs of weight before this, except for surgery, so you can consider all previous theories of obesity failures, except the bariatric surgeons

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

bunnyofdoom posted:

Bleh my digestive system is so hosed up I cannot even digest lettuce properly ao I dunno if kimchi will help

it's got . ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁˖ . ݁ probiotics . ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁˖ . ݁

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I went yesterday and got some stuff like the Fitcrunch bars, not realizing that the sale starts tomorrow. :cripes:

However, when I was checking out, the guy boxing my stuff up said "Hey, a bunch of stuff you have goes on sale soon. Make sure to bring back your receipt to get that money back!"

:allears:

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

bob dobbs is dead posted:

no entity has successfully had a way to reliably lose two digit lbs or kgs of weight before this, except for surgery, so you can consider all previous theories of obesity failures, except the bariatric surgeons

personally I’d still be cautious with a lot of the medication weight loss until we have a better grasp of the long term effects, several doctors I’ve talked to including my bariatric surgeon agree with that stance (post-surgery, I got the surgery right before this stuff started getting big). I think if you’re looking for a massive weight loss of like ~100lbs surgery is probably going to be the right option but it’d be good to have a moderate to small loss option around.

Anyway waiting for the new sale to start, I’m going to buy so many goddamn fitcrunch bars. I’d like to try the other flavors but they only ever seem to have the peanut butter ones at my Costco. Not that they’re bad!

Szechwan
Jun 10, 2023
My dad is in his 70s and diabetic, although is fairly good shape physically - he hikes and isn't overweight. Last year his doc put him on ozempic to help manage his blood sugar to give his kidneys a break from his other meds, I have never seen someone go downhill that quickly.

He suddenly couldn't eat anything. He felt nauseated after a few bites of any meal, and his stomach would stay full for 6+ hours after eating. He went from healthy, to unhealthy in about 2 months of that drug.

Makes me wonder how miserable all these celebs on it are.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

No, that's smegmalutide

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Know what doesn’t lose mass on Ozempic? The Costco Cookie.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

can’t be worse than the stop smoking drug that gives you spider nightmares

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
My good friend quit smoking on that medicine and said that it gave him suicidal ideation almost 24/7. But it was about other people killing themselves. He would just imagine other people jumping to their deaths or shooting themselves over and over again

Trilly Joel
Apr 27, 2023

`
Went to Costco today. Had a hot dog. drat that poo poo was good.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Soul Dentist posted:

My good friend quit smoking on that medicine and said that it gave him suicidal ideation almost 24/7. But it was about other people killing themselves. He would just imagine other people jumping to their deaths or shooting themselves over and over again

wow

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Soul Dentist posted:

I tried a couple different ones for quitting smoking, and they both gave me strange, and terrifying dreams that were more convincing than reality.

Sleeping with the patch on gives about a quarter to half the dream bending strength.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

I love weird dreams and I deliberately eat cheese before going to sleep to obtain them. Should I look into nicorette or something?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

pencilhands posted:

I love weird dreams and I deliberately eat cheese before going to sleep to obtain them.

Is this too long for a thread title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

pencilhands posted:

I love weird dreams and I deliberately eat cheese before going to sleep to obtain them. Should I look into nicorette or something?

Getting a serious nicotine dependency not from smoking, dipping, or vaping, but by trying to dream harder. LoL