Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Who is Adam gase, for those of us who are new to following coaches

can i switch brains with you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Docjowles posted:

Gritty balls sound extremely uncomfortable

Maybe for the poor team the Lions are teabagging that day.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyj/2020.htm

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

He's a former head coach whose biggest accomplishment was being OC for the Peyton Manning Broncos. He had a mediocre stint as the Miami Dolphins head coached, flamed out, then somehow the Jets decided he's be the perfect person to coach Sam Darnold. His second year he ended up going 2-14, which should say a lot.

His introductory presser with the Jets was, well,

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Mega64 posted:

He's a former head coach whose biggest accomplishment was being OC for the Peyton Manning Broncos. He had a mediocre stint as the Miami Dolphins head coached, flamed out, then somehow the Jets decided he's be the perfect person to coach Sam Darnold. His second year he ended up going 2-14, which should say a lot.

His introductory presser with the Jets was, well,

Lmao

Thanks (to you and everyone else chiming in)

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Offense isn’t as high variance year to year as long as you don’t lose your QB. The Lions are still going to have a good OL, Goff, Gibbs, Sun God, Laporta, and Montgomery. They should be fine next year.

Byron Leftwich would like a word.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Shrimpy posted:

Byron Leftwich would like a word.

Byron Leftwich ran that offense for exactly one year and he was lovely for all of it.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
With Ben Johnson staying, I hope we can grab Tanner Egstram for our OC spot. He's Detroit's passing game coordinator

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

a neat cape posted:

With Ben Johnson staying, I hope we can grab Tanner Egstram for our OC spot. He's Detroit's passing game coordinator

Don't!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

CharlestheHammer posted:

Pete is the kind of coach where you think your team can make the Super Bowl but they just need a coach and that’s not something you see very often

Do the Cowboys advance past the Packers this year if the HC is Carroll instead of McCarthy?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

But I want him!

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

SKULL.GIF posted:

Do the Cowboys advance past the Packers this year if the HC is Carroll instead of McCarthy?

Nope.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Also, who is going to coordinate the Patriot's offense next year?

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

I didn't know there was a Will Ferrell movie with him as the Jets head coach.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Nervous posted:

I didn't know there was a Will Ferrell movie with him as the Jets head coach.

No one's sure which specific season or coach it's supposed to parody, but yes.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
You know, I completely forgot until now that Vrabel is still just kinda sitting out there

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Byron Leftwich ran that offense for exactly one year and he was lovely for all of it.

Yeah, he had 3 years of Arians holding his hand as OC but as soon as it was just him as OC he showed his true ability, dog poo poo.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

shirts and skins posted:

You know, I completely forgot until now that Vrabel is still just kinda sitting out there

I get the vibe that nobody in the Titans organization actually knew whether or not he was going to be fired until the day before. I can see not wanting to pack up and move across the country with so little warning if he really doesn't find any of the landing spots desirable, especially since he's still going to be sought-after next year.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Yeah, is Vrabel getting soft blackballed or something? He seems like a pretty drat desirable candidate and yet isn't getting hardly any bites. Dunno if any drama within the Titans organization has put other owners off or if he's just not personally eager to jump right back into something.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
He’s just not as good as the national media assumes, because the national media has not watched Titans games.

Why the gently caress would other teams blackball him because of the Titans lol. He went 7-10 and 6-11 the last two years, he runs an archaic system and he wants more control than owners are willing to hand out anymore (see also: Bill Belichick)

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
NFL teams seem to just be a lot more discerning in the coaches they pick this year. They just aren’t throwing money at anyone

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Vrabel also lost a power play. That usually makes it hard, because it's clear he doesn't want to work with just anyone.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

It's better than Matt Canada but I sure still don't care for it

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I’ve said it before and I will say it again: Arthur’s Atlanta offense probably works if he had a QB better than Ridder.

I think it’s a good hire for Pittsburgh, maybe.

Just need to upgrade their current qb stable lol

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/albertbreer/status/1752473184803127542?s=46

Good for him. He needs more time anyways.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Taking the Bucs former run game coordinator is certainly a choice.

2020 - 25th
2021 - 26th
2022 - 32nd
2023 - 31st

https://x.com/NFLSTROUD/status/1752473160694321421?s=20

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

wandler20 posted:

Taking the Bucs former run game coordinator is certainly a choice.

2020 - 25th
2021 - 26th
2022 - 32nd
2023 - 31st

https://x.com/NFLSTROUD/status/1752473160694321421?s=20

Carolina also has fuckall at RB so that could be ugly. They're pretty well stuck with Miles Sanders ($8m dead cap hit lol) even if he sucked so bad he lost his job to Chuba Hubbard. There's a lot of decent free agent options if they don't get tagged by their current teams, but tying up even MORE money in the position seems bad. Take a flier on a mid round guy maybe

How the hell did Sanders get so much money

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Docjowles posted:

How the hell did Sanders get so much money

Philly has a great OL and probably made him look better than he is.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
So one opening is going to MacDonald, but who the hell is getting the other?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

MJeff posted:

My assumption is Johnson doesn't actually wanna leave Detroit so he's asking for ridiculous money to make it worth his while

In addition to the salary ask, it was reported last year that he wants a significant level of authority over the roster (which the Panthers wouldn't give him), and I can understand teams being reticent to allow a guy with no head coaching experience that kind of control.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I’ve said it before and I will say it again: Arthur’s Atlanta offense probably works if he had a QB better than Ridder.

I think it’s a good hire for Pittsburgh, maybe.

Just need to upgrade their current qb stable lol

Nah. Heinicke was at least serviceable elsewhere. He looked as terrible as Ridder this year.

Feleipe Franks was still on Atlanta's roster because Smith thought he could turn him into a tight end.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

He's gonna be the Jets coach in 2025 and I'm going to hate it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Timby posted:

In addition to the salary ask, it was reported last year that he wants a significant level of authority over the roster (which the Panthers wouldn't give him), and I can understand teams being reticent to allow a guy with no head coaching experience that kind of control.

Which also sounds like an ask from somebody who really isn't interested in leaving his current job.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Welp. The number of desirable HC candidates for Seattle are dwindling before my eyes!!!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

He got promoted to Bobby Qwikwik

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The video of Matt Canada being pissed as hell after a change from his play yielded a tuddy lives in my head so rent free I would argue it squats there

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

The video of Matt Canada being pissed as hell after a change from his play yielded a tuddy lives in my head so rent free I would argue it squats there

I need to see this.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

MJeff posted:

I need to see this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5rbWM9E8sg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I definitely think Slowik is the biggest potential bust of the buzzy OC types in this cycle. Houston's offense wasn't all that good even though they had Stroud going sicko mode, plus I've seen Texans fans complain that he tried to switch them to a run blocking system that didn't suit their personnel and was a major step backwards from the previous season.

There's a chance he's an aces developmental guy but there's also a chance Stroud was just gonna be a star anywhere and he's doing a lot of heavy lifting