Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Toxic Mental posted:

Lilac got that BIG tail

Lilac is approximately the size of a carry on suit case. The people we got her from said that she wouldn't grow too much bigger :lol:.

We were also told her and Cocoa are a bonded pair. Both of those statements weren't one hundred percent accurate. Her and Cocoa get along for sure and they play with each other, but Lilac prefers human companionship. Cocoa prefers to hang out on her own until she gets the voices from the mothership.

Anderson Koopa fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jan 28, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

She was extra plushy that day. Not bad for being 17ish (? Dunno exactly, she came with an old house and was a humane society kitty)

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Anderson Koopa posted:

Lilac is approximately the size of a carry on suit case. The people we got her from said that she wouldn't grow too much bigger :lol:.

We were also told her and Cocoa are a bonded pair. Both of those statements weren't one hundred percent accurate. Her and Cocoa get along for sure and they play with each other, but Lilac prefers human companionship. Cocoa prefers to hang out on her own until she gets the voices from the mothership.

our cats are almost twins

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

deep dish peat moss posted:

Aww! They are, what's your cat's personality like? Lilac has a little more black in her mouth and a little more orange in her tummy.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

He is pretty much my shadow and spends 90% of the day right next to me (I keep an extra chair at my desk just for him!) or sitting on my lap getting cradled in my arms like a baby where he reaches up and plays with my beard. When I go to bed he lays in my armpit with his head resting on my shoulder and one front paw resting across my chest. He demands I comb his hair daily. And he loves to eat.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

i seriously miss having a tortie. but every cat i have had has been somebody has a cat and they need to get rid of it and suddenly i have a cat. what kind of cat i have is not up to me, it's up to the universe

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Mx. posted:

i seriously miss having a tortie. but every cat i have had has been somebody has a cat and they need to get rid of it and suddenly i have a cat. what kind of cat i have is not up to me, it's up to the universe
Cat distribution system working as intended

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

ChickenHeart posted:

Superfly loves to show off the mice she caught by dropping them directly on my pillow

My old cat used to try and look after me when I had bad health relapses, so during one such relapse he dropped a live pigeon at my feet. He made sure to puncture the pigeon's neck so that it wouldn't live for too long and give me an easy kill, and he'd also run into the catflap with the pigeon's body sideways, so there were a couple of loud 'THONKS!' before he was able to navigate the soon-to-be birb corpse through the flap.

And Bow walked up, proud as pie, and dropped the stunned pigeon the foot of the sofa. The bird was obviously a bit stressed and stunned what with everything going on, so took advantage of being released by flying in frantic circles in the lounge. With each flap of the wings, it spurted out a torrent of blood from the severed neck artery. The pigeons brain had also told the bowels to evacuate, which the bowels obediently responded with gusto. It was flying blood and poo poo everywhere.

Bow was watching me helplessly try and catch this mortally wounded gift, and he did so with disappointment. He was embarrassed that I was a such a poo poo hunter, and gave me a look of disgust before retreating back through the catflap, leaving me to deal with my shame alone.

Cats. I miss them

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Miyu is being super dramatic.

E:

deep dish peat moss posted:

I think Mei could be their long-lost sister.

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!
You're all sharing one cat.

You know that scene in the first Jurassic Park movie where they're feeding the raptors? I have a small forest of houseplants they like to play in, many of them look similar to palm trees. That scene is starting to become a daily occurrence in my living room.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

fuctifino posted:

My old cat used to try and look after me when I had bad health relapses, so during one such relapse he dropped a live pigeon at my feet.

I'm glad my cat's idea of taking care of me is to sleep next to my bed. That's a good cat, though

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Full faceplant.

Twice.

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

jupes caught a mouse, ate the head and left me the body. thanks jupiter

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight

Observed.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

poo poo on the floor directly next to the litterbox while my wife was trying to scoop. Apparently couldn't wait 30 seconds longer.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Lilac let me pet her and then she bit me.

Cocoa came down for treats and pets, then she peaced out.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

He meowed at me when I was heading out to work and it's like yeah I don't want to go either though

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

I had my hair in a braid and bent down to pet Clarence. He saw the braid dangling down and thought it was a thing to play with. I moved my head, and he missed swiping the braid and clawed me on the end of my nose.
He looked very concerned when I went “ow!” and started dabbing at the cut with a paper towel. Then he sat on my lap for a solid half hour to make sure I was ok and not mad.
I have a very obvious ding on my nose now, but I ain’t mad, it was an accident.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
The 15 year old scaredy cat let the spaz kitten close enough to get his ear licked, and there was no hissing for like twenty whole seconds! Progress!

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

He's currently fussing with something invisible

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Shared some catnip and napped together.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

kaom posted:

lol we also have a wall inspector. I have no idea what she’s looking for every night.

If you wanna be paranoid, sometimes when cats fixate on one spot in particular it's because they can hear bugs or vermin behind it. :woop:

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

She actually found a water leak once, so…

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Cocoa climbed into the kitchen sink and sniffed the drain for a little while. Lilac mostly slept in our bed.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Shithouse Dave posted:

I had my hair in a braid and bent down to pet Clarence. He saw the braid dangling down and thought it was a thing to play with. I moved my head, and he missed swiping the braid and clawed me on the end of my nose.
He looked very concerned when I went “ow!” and started dabbing at the cut with a paper towel. Then he sat on my lap for a solid half hour to make sure I was ok and not mad.
I have a very obvious ding on my nose now, but I ain’t mad, it was an accident.

Yeah there's a pretty huge difference between a cat accidentally scratching you and one that's out for blood.

My cat will very gingerly try to grab my finger so she can sniff and lick it. Also, whenever she's in play mode and grabs my hand she is very careful to nibble gently then goes to lick it like "I hope that didn't hurt you :ohdear:"

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight

MikeJF posted:

If you wanna be paranoid, sometimes when cats fixate on one spot in particular it's because they can hear bugs or vermin behind it. :woop:

Yeah but that isn't always true, sometimes it's ghosts behind the wall.

Trilly Joel
Apr 27, 2023

`
My cat would not stop rubbing his face against my hands

It’s cute but good lord dude give me a break it’s been like an hour

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

I was attending an online Chinese class, but my cat literally forced her way into my lap and pressured me into petting her and giving her attention.

She's pretty smart and knows when my attention is focused on my Chinese class so she gets pretty jealous and baits me for attention.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jan 31, 2024

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

ive been working on weekends lately and on my meager days off my cat is like twice as affectionate as usual. it makes me feel guilty as poo poo and my boss tried to get me to work this saturday again and i politely told him to gently caress off

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

pencilhands posted:

ive been working on weekends lately and on my meager days off my cat is like twice as affectionate as usual. it makes me feel guilty as poo poo and my boss tried to get me to work this saturday again and i politely told him to gently caress off

i dont believe a single word you post

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i dont believe a single word you post

why not?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Trilly Joel posted:

My cat would not stop rubbing his face against my hands

It’s cute but good lord dude give me a break it’s been like an hour

stop smelling wrong then

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Hissed at his ribbon while he was playing with it.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

known troll. i don't think you even own a cat.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Apparently my oldest cat left a turd on my wife’s desk at home yesterday

He is generally not a fan of her working and not paying attention to him

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

known troll. i don't think you even own a cat.

Now, he posted a picture of a cat that he says is his, and I choose to believe pencilhands isn't lying and violating the sacred trust of the cat thread. And if he is, then he's in a place where he needs pictures and stories of cats

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
Gave me the business when I left for work this morning by grabbing my arm and kicking/biting it while maintaining eye contact.

She will also be doing this when I get home.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

My younger cat apparently also made a bed out of my wife’s jacket on the table this morning

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
He got all hosed up on silvervine in his cat castle.

Now he's high as hell & annoyingly affectionate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
She’s currently asleep on both my left foot and a TV remote control. Judging by the purring, it’s somehow quite comfortable.