Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Don't forget she'll also probably have a mechanic where she can benefit from allies losing SP, since it fits Ahab's character, her battle skills and synergizes with Blind Obsession's passive.

"It was your fault Yi Sang Corroded Sunshower and wiped half the team! Once again the fault lies with you, player Ishmael!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Hong Lu Pip was my OG prediction, but he just got the Deici ID so Sinclair shot up

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
My money is that we don’t get a Pip, but we do get a negative-coin Stubbs

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

GilliamYaeger posted:

I'll add that she'll probably have some method to give party members Poise.

Oh, good call.

I'd also say "some degree of Bleed infliction" too.

Legend of Ruina
Sep 29, 2021
I mean we do still need an ID of another Sinner as Ishmael to complete the crew, I nominate Outis.

Actually wait, is base Ishmael counted as a member of the crew by effects that care about that?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Legend of Ruina posted:

I mean we do still need an ID of another Sinner as Ishmael to complete the crew, I nominate Outis.

Actually wait, is base Ishmael counted as a member of the crew by effects that care about that?

given that the boat and nearly all of it's crew no longer exists in her world, no

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

On that note: Does Pequod Heathcliff count as Middle for Middle Meursalt + Don Quixote purposes? Given their background and all.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Arcanuse posted:

On that note: Does Pequod Heathcliff count as Middle for Middle Meursalt + Don Quixote purposes? Given their background and all.

As far as I know, those effects are not looking for "tags" they're just looking at the name, so no. To be in the Middle, you'd have to have the word "Middle" in the identity name.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
By the way, and this is a bit late, but some MD gifts got slight tweaks here and there to make them play nicer/flow better.

Late Bloomer's Tattoo now has the Off/Def level buffs happen next turn rather than this turn, meaning you actually get to play with the effect more than "A 2+ hit Pride skill does a little more damage on hits 2 and beyond".

Lowest Star, in addition to being an SP nuker, buffs Neg San IDs when they're below 0 with bonus damage, letting Nclair really run wild.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Lord_Magmar posted:

As far as I know, those effects are not looking for "tags" they're just looking at the name, so no. To be in the Middle, you'd have to have the word "Middle" in the identity name.

No, there are tags - Sunshower Heathcliff, Sloshmael, Talisman Sinclair, and possibly Spicebush Yi Sang have an invisible “Technology Liberation Alliance” group tag.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Given the art, I actually don't think this is Gasharpoon Ishmael given it has her looking perfectly normal with no affected arm. Might just be Pequod Captain Ishmael

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023

Junpei posted:

Given the art, I actually don't think this is Gasharpoon Ishmael given it has her looking perfectly normal with no affected arm. Might just be Pequod Captain Ishmael

I do agree with you, but if she's hunting the Crimson Whale in this mirror world she wouldn't have the stuff on her, right? Since the IDs we're getting are Pequod Crew, not Pequod Town.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg
On the Ishmael discussions: I am EXTREMELY stoked for this ID and I have very high hopes. I agree that a 00 Pip or Stubbs ID would be a nice compliment in-banner but I'm not sure who would get either.

Regarding the Crimson Whale: It's come up that there was a 2014 Korean horror film of that name (although the original Korean is closer to 'volcano' it has been translated as Crimson before) with some very City-like themes, so it's possible that this member of the Disasters is a reference to that.

On my personal side: Squeaking in JUST under the wire I finally got the mental energy and physical stamina required to sit down and suffer through Moobius.

My clear time is not great in the grand scheme of things but I also literally didn't play for IGT at all: I went for 100% pure safety strats, ending with a lot of spare resources, and only about 30 real-life minutes before the usual server downtime for updates.

I loving HATED this Railroad. :v: A lot of the fights were very thematically and conceptually cool, and I like the idea of an ever-expanding loop of increasingly powerful combat where both sides get buffs, but the execution felt like an actual execution, being nearly triple the length of Line 1 by fight count and FAR more annoying in mechanical terms. I have higher hopes for Clockroad than I did for this one, but I am glad I finally knocked it out.

At the end of the day it was still good insofar as it was Limbus gameplay, which I love, and the new fights were almost all (Steam Machine can suck me good and hard through my jorts) genuinely very cool standalone encounters I hope to see again in the future. I'd obviously rate it under Line 1 and at the bottom of all content thus far, except for maybe the Bongypocalypse? Very similar levels of grind but at least funny chicken man fight x60+ was a smooth and consistent experience. But even with that, for me it being 'the worst Limbus gameplay to date' still put it above the best gameplay I've experienced in a lot of other turn-based games, to say nothing of other gacha.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
You guys keep scaring me away from the Railroad. I'm always thinking "You know, maybe I can get something out of this." and then you guys stalk out with your thousand-yard stare.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for some of the abnormalities they selected for the lower loop numbers.

For the abnormalities in the first loop, So That No One Will Cry just got easier and easier on each loop iteration, and I didn't mind Steam Transport Machine like everyone seemed to, but Drifting Fox was horrible, and just got tougher to damage. I dreaded that encounter each loop, and having to do it 5 times, welp. Having to do Shock Centipede three times wasn't fun either.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Remind me, has the Head's policy on non-humans in the City come up in the LP yet? Because the real reason why Light would get Arbiter'd isn't murdering people - senseless, selfish bloodshed is completely in line with the Head's policies - it's because he's harboring Ryuk.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

GilliamYaeger posted:

Remind me, has the Head's policy on non-humans in the City come up in the LP yet? Because the real reason why Light would get Arbiter'd isn't murdering people - senseless, selfish bloodshed is completely in line with the Head's policies - it's because he's harboring Ryuk.

yes, early on re: angela. back in urban [not nightmare] even.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
So That No One Will Cry would have been fantastic if they didn’t inexplicably make it single-handedly make burn unviable. I enjoyed actually doing its mechanics.

Steam Transport Machine does absolutely nothing interesting. You have two chances to do actual real damage, and if you miss out on those you get to enjoy an absolute miserable slog of doing no damage. Drifting Fox and Centipede pretty much fall into the same category of “just unreasonably tanky and not fun”

Faelantern was either trivial or an annoying pile of forced damage, without any in-between.

Wayward Passenger was cool, though part of that may be fighting him only once.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

The Lord of Hats posted:

So That No One Will Cry would have been fantastic if they didn’t inexplicably make it single-handedly make burn unviable. I enjoyed actually doing its mechanics.

Steam Transport Machine does absolutely nothing interesting. You have two chances to do actual real damage, and if you miss out on those you get to enjoy an absolute miserable slog of doing no damage. Drifting Fox and Centipede pretty much fall into the same category of “just unreasonably tanky and not fun”

Faelantern was either trivial or an annoying pile of forced damage, without any in-between.

Wayward Passenger was cool, though part of that may be fighting him only once.

I feel like I got extremely lucky with my Faelantern clears (every single one was 3 turns, just Fairy > Stagger > Kill) but man Steam Transport Machine. For some reason I couldn't get the knack of lining up the fragile and Poise-popping and clash-winning with the body parts breaking with any consistency, so it was a crapshoot if that fight was over in record time or an absolute nightmare. STNOWC keeping its burn-reflection when RR1 Kromer lost her Burn/Bleed reactions was a very weird decision.

Centipede is another one that felt like something wasn't always working right, 2/3 attempts it managed to go into 20-stacks mode for no discernible reason even though I clashed every attack and got it to 0 stacks before breaking body / killing.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Ariamaki posted:

I feel like I got extremely lucky with my Faelantern clears (every single one was 3 turns, just Fairy > Stagger > Kill) but man Steam Transport Machine. For some reason I couldn't get the knack of lining up the fragile and Poise-popping and clash-winning with the body parts breaking with any consistency, so it was a crapshoot if that fight was over in record time or an absolute nightmare. STNOWC keeping its burn-reflection when RR1 Kromer lost her Burn/Bleed reactions was a very weird decision.

Centipede is another one that felt like something wasn't always working right, 2/3 attempts it managed to go into 20-stacks mode for no discernible reason even though I clashed every attack and got it to 0 stacks before breaking body / killing.
Because Centipede is badly programmed, every unclashed attack when it hits 0 HP will give it full stacks of self-charge.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

GilliamYaeger posted:

Because Centipede is badly programmed, every unclashed attack when it hits 0 HP will give it full stacks of self-charge.

That explains a lot and I am also extremely unsuprised.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Centipede also had some arbitrary super high killer attacks, which if you didn't clash with and win, would absolutely body the sinner.

Far and away the shittiest fight on the railway, and you had to fight him 3 times. I hate that stupid bug

OTOH there's some really cool bits on RR2. Sign of Roses and Wandering Passenger were both very cool fights with lots of cool things going on, No One Will Cry was definitely a breather boss but the stacking of talismans was very cool, and fighting the two fairies at the same time was neat.

It's all really dragged down by fighting steam machine, drifting fox and centipede over and over

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Oh duh, that's why I was fine with Steam Transport Machine, while everyone else wasn't. I did get the knack of his mechanism down. At best I had to burn down a hundred hp of his if I hosed up or got a bad damage hand. I paid very careful attention to how much damage I would be doing to each body part. Definitely less resets required than the goddamn drifting fox

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Found a really good music video for Canto 5, I like the editing and art and collage stuff going on here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ0m7FomeCg

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Onehandclapping posted:

Centipede also had some arbitrary super high killer attacks, which if you didn't clash with and win, would absolutely body the sinner.

Far and away the shittiest fight on the railway, and you had to fight him 3 times. I hate that stupid bug

OTOH there's some really cool bits on RR2. Sign of Roses and Wandering Passenger were both very cool fights with lots of cool things going on, No One Will Cry was definitely a breather boss but the stacking of talismans was very cool, and fighting the two fairies at the same time was neat.

It's all really dragged down by fighting steam machine, drifting fox and centipede over and over

centipede was also fast as hell and liked focusing on one sinner, it was made to be as annoying as possible

e: i wonder which boss will be the one explicitly designed to waste our time this time around

i'm guessing normal ahab

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Feb 1, 2024

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me
I think the worse boss are the one that purposefully make you lose time so Titatnia Queen of Fae, Steam Boat Willy and FireFox were probably the worse for me. Centipede was surprisingly easy but then again, I went with the Sinking Meta (Minus Boat Ishmael) so it was a breeze if I decided to sat down and actually play the darn game.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

GilliamYaeger posted:

If Head leadership faces and true names are in any way publicly available they'd explode him on the legal grounds of "gently caress you we're the Head", but yeah, instead he dies either because Ryuk or because other corps with vulnerable personnel notice.

or because he just gets randomly murked by one of a million other psychos or hostile phenomena in the City, a killer notebook isn't an especially useful melee weapon

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

GilliamYaeger posted:

That's why I was pretty specific in saying I always made sure to finish clashing its attacks before bringing it down: It still got self-charge regardless, after its final clash.

Yinlock posted:

centipede was also fast as hell and liked focusing on one sinner, it was made to be as annoying as possible

e: i wonder which boss will be the one explicitly designed to waste our time this time around

i'm guessing normal ahab

Yeah, the other thing that kept happening to me was that it'd magically outspeed my entire team out of nowhere and monofocus its attacks in a way where they couldn't be clashed at all.

It'd be hilarious karmic justice if they made it Bossy Gossy, because like... The community's most-hated piece of equipment can now be its most-hated abno fight too! :P

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

L.U.I.G.I posted:

I think the worse boss are the one that purposefully make you lose time so Titatnia Queen of Fae, Steam Boat Willy and FireFox were probably the worse for me. Centipede was surprisingly easy but then again, I went with the Sinking Meta (Minus Boat Ishmael) so it was a breeze if I decided to sat down and actually play the darn game.

the fox is an rear end in a top hat but it's not really made solely to waste your time on purpose like centipede and snake man were. same with Faelantern, it's whole deal(that MD disposes of entirely in favor of making it an eternal demon from hell if you're running the wrong status or it got too much defense) is that it was pretty fragile, even a halfassed slash ID like R Meursault could beat the poo poo out of it

e: once you remember what parts of it are weak to what the only real dickish thing fox does is that sp nuke that sucks bigtime

Ariamaki posted:

That's why I was pretty specific in saying I always made sure to finish clashing its attacks before bringing it down: It still got self-charge regardless, after its final clash.

Yeah, the other thing that kept happening to me was that it'd magically outspeed my entire team out of nowhere and monofocus its attacks in a way where they couldn't be clashed at all.

It'd be hilarious karmic justice if they made it Bossy Gossy, because like... The community's most-hated piece of equipment can now be its most-hated abno fight too! :P

That sucks, i've definitely been there too. After the speed boost it got so consistent at that that I started using Red Eyes on turn 1 to bind it so it wouldn't do that poo poo

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Feb 1, 2024

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

KobunFan posted:

You guys keep scaring me away from the Railroad. I'm always thinking "You know, maybe I can get something out of this." and then you guys stalk out with your thousand-yard stare.

Tbf just finishing the railroad on it's own isn't bad at all and I'd recommend it as you usually get a shitload of goodies for it. Completing it under par for the shiny banners that don't matter in any way is another story.

As long as you don't take over 999 turns you get everything except the banner and it is nearly impossible to even scratch that number unless it's on purpose.

e: We try for under par because we hate joy and also want to justify the time spent in the lunacy mines to ourselves. You do generally need a maxed-out team to win but it doesn't have to be a super optimal one if finishing it is all you wanna do.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Feb 1, 2024

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

Yinlock posted:

Tbf just finishing the railroad on it's own isn't bad at all and I'd recommend it as you usually get a shitload of goodies for it. Completing it under par for the shiny banners that don't matter in any way is another story.

As long as you don't take over 999 turns you get everything except the banner and it is nearly impossible to even scratch that number unless it's on purpose.

e: We try for under par because we hate joy and also want to justify the time spent in the lunacy mines to ourselves. You do generally need a maxed-out team to win but it doesn't have to be a super optimal one if finishing it is all you wanna do.

Speaking of scratching that number on purpose, I did see a video of somebody working on wrapping up their High Cycles Run before downtime today.

It was...

Very high. :v:

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Oh, thank god, RR3 is a lot shorter than RR2.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsWlIsZo8zI

ESGOO's Limbus census results.

don supremacy

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Yinlock posted:

the fox is an rear end in a top hat but it's not really made solely to waste your time on purpose like centipede and snake man were. same with Faelantern, it's whole deal(that MD disposes of entirely in favor of making it an eternal demon from hell if you're running the wrong status or it got too much defense) is that it was pretty fragile, even a halfassed slash ID like R Meursault could beat the poo poo out of it

e: once you remember what parts of it are weak to what the only real dickish thing fox does is that sp nuke that sucks bigtime

The problem is that my RR2 team was just unit I had gathered from a f2p playthrough and I had only bought recently Rime Shank and Fluid Sack and even then it was painful. Having 3-4 units being hypnotised did hit the damage I did per turn especially considering my team revolved mainly around Pierce and Blunt.

As for lil Robin Wood... I had NSinclair so I had to calculate his Sanity every turn in the hope to avoid him corroding. Did you know that once a Sinner reached the -45 Sanity, they will corrode no matter what, even if they are staggered?

GilliamYaeger posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsWlIsZo8zI

ESGOO's Limbus census results.

don supremacy

Interesting data but I feel that the census will never espcape the Recency Bias problem if the quality of the story and ID keep going up.

e: Not saying the game being good is bad, simply that we'll have to wait until the game is done to properly analyze its data.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Okay this is a hell of a time to introduce skill checks that ask you to roll UNDER instead of OVER!

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Junpei posted:

Okay this is a hell of a time to introduce skill checks that ask you to roll UNDER instead of OVER!

I somehow stumbled into barely succeeding on both so far.

Gossypium is a complete and utter rear end in a top hat of a fight.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Junpei posted:

We already had those, actually. The L Corp employee with their head in a box wanted you to fail the check to remove the box, for example.

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

Junpei posted:

So that's what was happening, I was wondering how a 11 was better than a 10, and how a max of 9 was very high odds to beat either one.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021
Anyone record the vulnerabilities for Gossypium? Disliking this fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

DropTheAnvil posted:

Anyone record the vulnerabilities for Gossypium? Disliking this fight

Slash, Pride and Wrath, I think.