Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

I clicked a direct link to the 4080 super asus tuff on Amazon from nowinstock and it let me order with a Monday delivery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

pmchem posted:

anyone have problems with the 12vhpwr adapter shopping with video cards for people with PSUs that didn’t come with a native cable?

i mean independent of making sure it’s plugged in.

gonna grab a 4080 super and forgot to check if there’s anything i need to do for my early 2022 seasonic gx-850 (?)
It will come with a 3 or 4x 8-pin to 12VHPWR adapter, so you connect that to 2 of your PSU's "CPU/PCI-e" connectors with the PCI-e Y-splitters. You can also get a 2x PCI-e (PSU side) to 12VHPWR cable from Seasonic later:
https://seasonic.com/12vhpwr-cable

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
i was about to say, the 4080 super fe is already sold out on nvidia's website in my country. definitely don't take too long if you need the card soon-ish

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

FuzzySlippers posted:

I clicked a direct link to the 4080 super asus tuff on Amazon from nowinstock and it let me order with a Monday delivery.

care to share the link I'm not seeing any listings anywhere

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

kliras posted:

i was about to say, the 4080 super fe is already sold out on nvidia's website in my country. definitely don't take too long if you need the card soon-ish

Pretty sure it's sold out on Nvidia's site too on the US-side; Best Buy sold out within minutes.

kliras
Mar 27, 2021

runaway dog posted:

you can take the 4070 super link and change the url to 4080: https://www.nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/nvidia/rtx4080super/

these are the two amazon links, one being the oc version i guess:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=rtx+4080...DKIKX0DER&aod=1

someone double check they're not the same two links, they're kinda bulky

kliras fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jan 31, 2024

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

runaway dog posted:

https://a.co/d/fhgxWyT

https://a.co/d/79uUURS

For the regular and the oc. Note first time I tried to order it said out of stock before I finished but worked the second time so keep refreshing I guess

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

There's pretty much zero extra latency or performance loss that comes from using a riser cable.

Well, unless the riser/slot isn't actually to spec. I have a Linkup 4.0 twinaxial riser and it worked with my previous motherboard, but my new AM5 motherboard it completely fails at 4.0 and I have to turn the slot down to 3.0 in the BIOS. If I plug the GPU in directly it's fine at 4.0. I'm ordering a used CoolerMaster 4.0 riser to see if it's any better; worth a shot for $25.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

kliras posted:

you can take the 4070 super link and change the url to 4080: https://www.nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/nvidia/rtx4080super/

these are the two amazon links, one being the oc version i guess:

yeah NIS is saying they're all out of stock, and the other 2 links just bring me a bunch of listings for 4070tis

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007
Only the msi seems to be in stock at best buy, any thoughts on that one?

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

smh fuckin ridiculous they're literally sold out already and the nvidia line has only gone down by like 100, still says 40 mins, I literally jumped in line as soon as the world clock ticked over to 9am, I managed to grab the TUF due to that sick goon that posted that newegg link with all the 4080 supers, payed too much for shipping but idc. so dumb

MixMasterMalaria posted:

my understanding is that all of the 4080 partner cards were pretty much overkill anyway since the thing never even reaches base power target while running games, but a few of them were slightly worse than the Founders edition which was already fairly overkill, you should probably be good though I suspect it's gone by now.

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jan 31, 2024

kliras
Mar 27, 2021

MixMasterMalaria posted:

people are probably on the fence because of the bios issues with 4070ti super. the latest review videos will probably say whether they're in line with other aib's, but haven't had a chance to watch them

ventus is a bit lower-tier, but gaming x is one of the best out there and my preferred pick if it's around same msrp as founders or asus tuf. suprim is the deluxe tier and way too overkill, probably also going to be a huge monstrosity to fit anywhere

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

runaway dog posted:

smh fuckin ridiculous they're literally all out and the nvidia line has only gone down by like 100, still says 40 mins, I literally jumped in line as soon as the world clock ticked over to 9am, I managed to grab the TUF due to that sick goon that posted that ebay link with all the 4080 supers, payed too much for shipping but idc. so dumb

my understanding is that all of the 4080 partner cards were pretty much overkill anyway since the thing never even reaches base power target while running games, but a few of them were slightly worse than the Founders edition which was already fairly overkill, you should probably be good thought I suspect it's gone by now.

Echoes of 2020

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007

runaway dog posted:

my understanding is that all of the 4080 partner cards were pretty much overkill anyway since the thing never even reaches base power target while running games, but a few of them were slightly worse than the Founders edition which was already fairly overkill, you should probably be good thought I suspect it's gone by now.

It's still in my cart and shows available... idk if I want a 'low tier' version of a card with bios issues for $30 over a thousand dollar retail price...

Maybe this is my sign to drop gaming as a hobby.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
economy can't be bad if so many can't wait to buy the $1000 GPU

orcane fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jan 31, 2024

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I was able to get the Gigabyte 4080 Super "Windforce V2" from Newegg. Would have preferred an FE, but I'd rather be done with it and not risk paying inflated prices with how common that's been after launches. Frankly, if the 4090 wasn't so far above MSRP I probably would have just gotten that.

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
the super refresh were the 4090s we bought instead all along

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

orcane posted:

economy can't be that bad if so many people can't wait to buy the 1k bucks GPU

A bad economy hurts the people who couldn't afford a $1k GPU the most in even the best of times.

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007

Nfcknblvbl posted:

A bad economy hurts the people who couldn't afford a $1k GPU the most in even the best of times.

economicinequality.jpg

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Internet Explorer posted:

I was able to get the Gigabyte 4080 Super "Windforce V2" from Newegg. Would have preferred an FE, but I'd rather be done with it and not risk paying inflated prices with how common that's been after launches. Frankly, if the 4090 wasn't so far above MSRP I probably would have just gotten that.

right? this was my mentality, like I better jump on the tuf while I can before I have to wait until the 5000 series launch because the price of 4080 supers shoots up to 1600 bux.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

runaway dog posted:

smh fuckin ridiculous they're literally sold out already and the nvidia line has only gone down by like 100, still says 40 mins, I literally jumped in line as soon as the world clock ticked over to 9am, I managed to grab the TUF due to that sick goon that posted that newegg link with all the 4080 supers, payed too much for shipping but idc. so dumb

Still in line on Nvidia; 23 minutes @ position 1213 :laffo: There's no way they keep enough of these in stock

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Canned Sunshine posted:

Still in line on Nvidia; 23 minutes @ position 1213 :laffo: There's no way they keep enough of these in stock

I'm still in line, just wanna see what happens, I'm guessing they're gonna sell out though.

actually its already down to 50 and 1 minute, you might be in luck!

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jan 31, 2024

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Looks like there aren't very many MSRP models and the stock of those cards is also limited, so it isn't even as much of a price drop as advertised.

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
if you're in europe, computerbase still has some cards in stock, just not tuf and gaming x:

https://www.caseking.de/en/pc-components/graphics-cards/nvidia/geforce-rtx-4080-super?p=1&l=table4

also shout out to nvidia's e-mail notifications for the release of the 4080 super that never loving showed up lmao, trillion dollar company that can't figure out e-mails

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

pyrotek posted:

Looks like there aren't very many MSRP models and the stock of those cards is also limited, so it isn't even as much of a price drop as advertised.
this is normal, they want you to buy the silly ~RGB GAMER EDITION~ for $300 more than MSRP :getin:

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Honestly, I'm so damaged from last run, I'm still waiting for the "we're sorry but the item you ordered is no longer in stock" email from newegg.

kliras
Mar 27, 2021

orcane posted:

this is normal, they want you to buy the silly ~RGB GAMER EDITION~ for $300 more than MSRP :getin:
the reason i never got a 3080 to replace my 1070 was because asus phased out the non-oc asus tuf card in favour of the oc card so it never got back in stock for me, wouldn't be surprised if there's suddenly a bunch of asus strix and proart cards in stock while the tuf is nowhere to be seen

Aquila
Jan 24, 2003

Ordered a $1000 Asus TUF right when they came up on Newegg at about 6:08am. Free shipping and it should be here on friday. From the one page load of the search results that showed cards at that time there appeared to be at least six options in stock.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Canned Sunshine posted:

welp it's letting me checkout, obviously I'm not going to, but hopefully my passed on FE is your FE

Aquila posted:

Ordered a $1000 Asus TUF right when they came up on Newegg at about 6:08am. Free shipping and it should be here on friday. From the one page load of the search results that showed cards at that time there appeared to be at least six options in stock.

drat I had to pay 21 dollerydoos to get it to come friday.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Got to my spot in the Nvidia store line for the 4080, clicked the button saying I was still here, got told it was my turn, 1 minute later I get to an SSL error and a browser refresh does nothing. :11tea:

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

runaway dog posted:

Unless the vertical mount is designed specifically to sit as close to the MOBO as possible, most of them have the issue of having your gpu way too close to the side panel causing diminished airflow, obviously this is a non issue if you're on watercooing

this is also usually a non-issue for cases where it's intended; in the Lian Li Q58 I have, for instance, the GPU sits flush against the mesh panel and the temps are great

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

runaway dog posted:

welp it's letting me checkout, obviously I'm not going to, but hopefully my passed on FE is your FE

drat I had to pay 21 dollerydoos to get it to come friday.

Down to 492 @ 6 minutes, but thanks!

There's still some on Newegg's site it seems? Even at $999

Got to my spot in the Nvidia store line for the 4080, clicked the button saying I was still here, got told it was my turn, 1 minute later I get to an SSL error and a browser refresh does nothing. :11tea:

:drat:

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

orcane posted:

they were much more readily available on the prior super cards

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

reminds me of 2020

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
curious with how the MSI faux FE performs. its $150 over MSRP but it looks neat. not neat enough to sell my 4080 Normal and buy it of course

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

kliras posted:

the reason i never got a 3080 to replace my 1070 was because asus phased out the non-oc asus tuf card in favour of the oc card so it never got back in stock for me, wouldn't be surprised if there's suddenly a bunch of asus strix and proart cards in stock while the tuf is nowhere to be seen
It's even better if your case can't even take the big OC models, but no one actually produced the non-OC versions that would have been small enough :(

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Cyrano4747 posted:

edit: I'm not even joking about horizontal case orientations any more. If I had a system where I needed a 4090 and also needed a bunch of other pci devices I seriously think I'd look for a case that took being flopped on its side somewhat gracefully.

I think that next time around I'm going to look for a horizontal case with big quiet fans only on the front and back and put it under my monitor like it's 1993.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

hatty posted:

curious with how the MSI faux FE performs. its $150 over MSRP but it looks neat. not neat enough to sell my 4080 Normal and buy it of course
identical performance (big surprise!), quieter

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Now I'm just getting green spinning circle continuously...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
This is nothing like 2020, its exactly like launch day of any GPU. It'll settle down in a few days, if not by the afternoon.