Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

JoeGlassJAw posted:

if you have the same pink gundam marker I do, it lights up under blacklight. just sayin

Is it GM50 200? Or the Metallic one? (GM176)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

yeah the GM50, they market it as "fluorescent" pink

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

JoeGlassJAw posted:

yeah the GM50, they market it as "fluorescent" pink

Oooh, neat! :hmmyes:

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
P-Bandai’s opening preorders for a $52 HG Gawain from Code Geass tonight and those fuckers know I’ll buy it.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

X-Ray Pecs posted:

P-Bandai’s opening preorders for a $52 HG Gawain from Code Geass tonight and those fuckers know I’ll buy it.

It looks really good, too. I just don't like geass enough to grab it. However, the varguil is back and I'm probably going to get it despite it being like 95% identical to the moon gundam.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

gonna get the mobile ginn, it looks slick

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
So there was something else in my HLJ box

It's a decent-thickness magazine with lots of articles in it :eyepop:.

Who wants to make MONSTER CURRY?! :orks101:

Leaving this one full-size in case anyone wants to take a crack at it.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
So weird how bad ppl are at posing

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm not the greatest poser eighter but oftentimes I find I'm fighting against the limitations of articulation or overly tight joints.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Twist the legs so the feet are pointing outwards and tilt the torso so the chest is sticking out and flex the arms and legs a lil that's like 86% of good posing

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

War and Pieces posted:

So weird how bad ppl are at posing

I'm real bad at it because I'm always afraid if I move it too much or too hard it'll fall apart and or break.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

i will be adjusting the fin funnels on my nu gundam until i am dead

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

speaking of fin funnels, good opportunity to repost my greatest achievement in posing now that i have them on some neat shelves up above my desk. ignore hi-nu back there he's just hangin around

my proudest revelation here being that i could frankenstein some pieces from action bases and the jet effect stands to make the funnels/bits appear to be in various states of deployment

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Half the fun of sorting out poses is trying to do them yourself to get the angles right and looking like a complete goober trying to balance on a nonexistent thruster in your living room

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Marx Headroom posted:

Twist the legs so the feet are pointing outwards and tilt the torso so the chest is sticking out and flex the arms and legs a lil that's like 86% of good posing

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Deviant posted:

i will be adjusting the fin funnels on my nu gundam until i am dead

In fairness they're fiddly sons of bitches and almost never look quite right.

And while the RG Hi/Nu aren't what I'd call hand grenades, the amount of articulation makes them FEEL like they're going to fly apart if you touch them funny.

fake edit: Except the loving V-fin. I need to decide if it is time to glue that fucker down or if I'm going to do a full paint job later.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
Is there anywhere that keeps an unusually robust stock of third-party waterslides? I keep finding myself halfway through an order before I realize I won’t be able to pick up enough I need to make the shipping tolerable.

fezball
Nov 8, 2009

CommunityEdition posted:

Is there anywhere that keeps an unusually robust stock of third-party waterslides? I keep finding myself halfway through an order before I realize I won’t be able to pick up enough I need to make the shipping tolerable.

https://samueldecal.com/collections/decal is reliable and usually has a pretty good selection available

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
So, spoilers for Promare...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzSBaYubCqE

Well kinda close. :v:

I'm kinda proud of myself for this one, painting's all freehand with a pink fine-point Gundam Marker, and I think turned out pretty drat well all things considered. Definitely recommended on this one, if you're up for it.

Used a yellow marker as well to add a bit of definition to some parts that'd be Just Yellow otherwise, like the thighs.

The white flame effect pieces are all gorgeous. :allears:

Overall I'd put this one probably about a 7/10. Not the best Moderoid I've built, or the best engineering, but it's still a pretty good kit. The joints are pretty solid, there's a great range of motion, but it's a bit fidgety to pose at times and balance is not the best because it's got relatively-tiny feet. There is a underside piece with a base mount, so I'd honestly recommend getting an Action Base for it just for stability if anyone's looking to hunt one down. As well as making it easier to create Cool Poses of course :hai:.

Engineering-wise I really think this could've been done in pink plastic rather than stickers, once you go looking through the parts as you build it, you can get a feel for it being something Bandai would've knocked out pretty handily given the chance. But probably some question of Good Smile's moulding engineering, budget, or whatever I guess.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

I am amazed at how little panel lining the RX-78 PG unleashed needs, probably owing to all the panel gaps being actual panel gaps.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

double posting because it's been a few hours but

oops

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Got my second MG Barbatos done about a year since my last. Still a great kit and looks even better with some grime on it.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

JoeGlassJAw posted:

speaking of fin funnels, good opportunity to repost my greatest achievement in posing now that i have them on some neat shelves up above my desk. ignore hi-nu back there he's just hangin around

my proudest revelation here being that i could frankenstein some pieces from action bases and the jet effect stands to make the funnels/bits appear to be in various states of deployment

Sazabi is real good you got great "S" curve going on with his right arm and left leg.

NU Gundam is cool too but his left leg feels a bit over exaggerated. IDK if the human form would ever move like but IIve never been weightless with rockets strapped to my feet.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

JoeGlassJAw posted:

Hi-nu looks like they just walked in on two people having sex.

"Oh! I... didn't know anyone was in here."

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Hi Nu is standing there thinking, "eh, I can beat them both up. Let them have fun."

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Deviant posted:

double posting because it's been a few hours but

oops

Beware of the arm/shoulder joints (if you haven’t built one of the RG Unicorns before, you may want to look online on how people tend to approach breaking in those joints)

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Pierson posted:

Got my second MG Barbatos done about a year since my last. Still a great kit and looks even better with some grime on it.

Nice work!

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I still wish I hadn't screwed up the arm connectors on mine, they're on anyway since there's other connections but it feels more fragile than it should be now.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

MechaX posted:

Beware of the arm/shoulder joints (if you haven’t built one of the RG Unicorns before, you may want to look online on how people tend to approach breaking in those joints)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Gunpla/comments/hglkib/short_psa_for_rg_unicornbanshee_inner_frame_to/

is it this thing?

Deviant fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Feb 5, 2024

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

That’s the one

The shoulders can be a bit stiff too and one solution I’ve heard was to apply a dab of oil (baby oil or silicon oil comes up a lot) or even dish soap to loosen it a bit. I probably won’t start my RG Full Armor until after I’m done with my next model so I can’t give personal experience, but yeah, the main thing is to just be aware of the arm twist issue in that pic and go from there

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

MechaX posted:

That’s the one

The shoulders can be a bit stiff too and one solution I’ve heard was to apply a dab of oil (baby oil or silicon oil comes up a lot) or even dish soap to loosen it a bit. I probably won’t start my RG Full Armor until after I’m done with my next model so I can’t give personal experience, but yeah, the main thing is to just be aware of the arm twist issue in that pic and go from there

i've got a can of wd-40 dry lube with ptfe, i wonder if that would do the job without harming the plastic. I guess i can test on the runners.

alternately, the answer is always "i should have gotten the MG"

edit: got both arm frames off the sprues, lubricated them, and was able to turn the elbow and forearm joints without any damage, so they should be freed up pretty well. so that'll be set when i get to that step later

Deviant fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Feb 5, 2024

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I would say unless you really want it in 1/100 scale the RG Unicorn is just straight-up better than the MG. Even with the updated OVA version changes you can barely get any poses out of it. The RG has better articulation on basically all joints.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
The L-shaped part of the shoulder is too weak to handle the torque of rotation, too. Having had one break on the Uncorn, I ended up buying metal replacements on ebay when I built the Perfectability. I think they were around $5 for a pair.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/MissBarbatos/status/1755067895997206846?t=iYurYp7VKe15kOGHsXYHEQ&s=19

More P Bandai releases.

And the Heingra too.

https://twitter.com/SayaDoesStuff/status/1755069050726895650?t=RA0N2TZw7hiEpDGhifAMmA&s=19

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Feb 7, 2024

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

stop it......i can't buy even more g-witch hgs.....

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Sure these are variations on other kits so it’s not the same situation, but… maybe we can get the desultor pls

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Desultor, Prodoros and Cargores become Gundam Base Exclusives just for an extra teeth kick.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Im just accepting that we’ve got to make our own Prodoros with Blackjack and hookers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
Give us kits of those goofy suits that suletta wipes the floor with early in season 2, I don’t care if they’re pbandai