Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

dammit I missed the imax reissue of dune part 1! it was two days ago!!! gently caress!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
All the IMAX here are dreamloungers that are only reservable. I haven't been, or seen, a general admission old school seating theater for almost 15 years now.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Chris Nolan is also in his feelings about no one seeing or liking Tenet so he's releasing that with some 2une footage as well.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
I don't remember what movie it was in front of, but I do remember watching like a dozen people leave the theater after the phantom menace trailer

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Eason the Fifth posted:

I don't remember what movie it was in front of, but I do remember watching like a dozen people leave the theater after the phantom menace trailer

Wing Commander. My theatre specifically had signs up saying that 'No refunds will be provided after the Star Wars trailer plays' lmao

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

flashy_mcflash posted:

Wing Commander. My theatre specifically had signs up saying that 'No refunds will be provided after the Star Wars trailer plays' lmao

Show the trailer after the movie, duh.

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

got two tickets one for opening day and one for the next day

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

It doesn't come out for like a month you nerds

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

flashy_mcflash posted:

:aslol:

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

aledesma posted:

My last experience at KOP loving sucked and made me want to never go back there, I'll probably see 2une at bryn mawr on a reasonably sized screen but without some divorced dad trying to beat up a vaping teenager for ruining the one weekend a month he gets with his kid.

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

Baron von Eevl posted:

My last experience at KOP loving sucked and made me want to never go back there, I'll probably see 2une at bryn mawr on a reasonably sized screen but without some divorced dad trying to beat up a vaping teenager for ruining the one weekend a month he gets with his kid.

weird, I have not had any issues in KOP ( I usually go to the later showing in this case 11:00pm)

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

aledesma posted:

got six tickets for the squad. it's gonna be lit fam. hell I might even buy myself another ticket for the week after

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

oh man. I live in a fake city that no longer has a 35mm theatre so I might have to make a trip to see it

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Zopotantor posted:

Show the trailer after the movie, duh.

Why? They already paid.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Arglebargle III posted:

It doesn't come out for like a month you nerds

But the tickets will be sold out then?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I have not gone to buy tickets and found a movie has been sold out for like 10 years.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

quote:

'Dune: Part Two' demand crashes AMC's website and app

https://mashable.com/article/dune-tickets-crash-amc-website

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
When I got tickets it when the first went up it was through the IMAX site itself and like, god drat, it was already sold out except for almost the front row for most showings, we're going like closer to the end of March because it was the closest one that wasn't almost totally sold out lol

Good stuff though, keep a lot of IMAX showings coming, I'm still mad I missed out on Godzilla IMAX.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jan 28, 2024

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Arglebargle III posted:

I have not gone to buy tickets and found a movie has been sold out for like 10 years.

IMAX showings for big movies sell out all the time in my part of the world. Might be different in NY or LA I guess

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
All the big movies have been sold out around here since we got over the Covid hump.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/FilmUpdates/status/1752037022917628257
Would be funny if they accidentally just end it exactly the same as Oppenheimer. Just Paul standing there triumphant winning his empire as visions of the jihad flash in his head.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
There’s a photo of Alia in here:

https://www.gamesradar.com/dune-part-two-exclusive-images/

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Is this the best quality off that site?

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I don’t think that’s Alia; that’s somebody sitting in a chair

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

That’s Jessica, dudes… c’mon

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
Yeah ok that seems more likely. The perspective is all weird with her sitting next to Stilgar and makes her look especially small

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I assume the red garb is that of Fremen Sayyadina. I wonder who the other one behind them is? Chani? She did become Sayyadina, but I can't imagine them covering her fade during the big fight.

Actually, the red one in the back has the same round insignia on her headdress as the black Bene Gesserit, so maybe she's with them and the red is just a rank thing.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

MikeJF posted:

just a rank thing.

"How rich the odors of your sietch, Stilgar.”

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

kalel posted:

dammit I missed the imax reissue of dune part 1! it was two days ago!!! gently caress!!!!

they are doing another, wider premium theater rerelease for a week starting 2/9

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

I know it's blasphemous but Miss Piggy is eerily well-suited to play Irulan.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Baron von Eevl posted:

I know it's blasphemous but Miss Piggy is eerily well-suited to play Irulan.

She wrote The Collected Sayings of Moi-dib.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Xiahou Dun posted:

She wrote The Collected Sayings of Moi-dib.

:kiss:

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Inserting Piggy into Irulan's plotline from Messiah is also extremely funny to imagine.

gently caress, Kermit needs a stillsuit because he's a frog, goddammit it works so well.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Gonzo is Liet-Kynes, right?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I can imagine Robin as Leto II and it's terrifying.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...
Animal as Rabban?

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

Statler and Waldorf as the Fenrings.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Sam the Eagle is obviously the Emperor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

pyrotek posted:

they are doing another, wider premium theater rerelease for a week starting 2/9

aww yeah. that's the good stuff