Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Timby posted:

I watched Josstice League once and only once.

It is the rare disaster of a movie that I have zero desire to ever re-watch, because it isn't even fascinatingly terrible (like, say, the Raul Julia Street Fighter movie, the Stallone Judge Dredd, things of that ilk). It's just bad.

:agreed:

I've been trying to get myself back into using the treadmill and have a kong list of stuff I had only a passing interest in and it was that one's turn. Glad I didn't pay actual money to see it in theaters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I am dangerously excited for the Stormgate beta. I hope the game is as good as I've built it up to be in my mind!

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Quiet Feet posted:

:agreed:

I've been trying to get myself back into using the treadmill and have a kong list of stuff I had only a passing interest in and it was that one's turn. Glad I didn't pay actual money to see it in theaters.

I mean, I'm no snob when it comes to movies; I own the Raul Julia / Van Damme Street Fighter movie on both DVD and Blu-ray. I own every Star Trek movie, even the execrable ones. Hell, I have a DVD box set of the American Pie trilogy on my shelf, and taking a cursory glance, right above it is Drive and right below it is Road to Perdition.

Josstice League is in a category unto itself, though. I remember my best friend was bringing up a new bed to my place in Wisconsin when I put it on, I was maybe halfway through the movie when he called to let me know he was in the parking lot, and after everything was said and done and he went on his merry way, I smoked a little weed to see if it made the rest of the movie any better and ... uh, nope. It most certainly did not.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
All I'm getting is that I want to watch Mortal Kombat (the 90s one) and probably Tombstone or The Saint since the Batman talk reminded me that Val Kilmer was a Batman.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Tulalip Tulips posted:

All I'm getting is that I want to watch Mortal Kombat (the 90s one) and probably Tombstone or The Saint since the Batman talk reminded me that Val Kilmer was a Batman.

Mortal Kombat is bad, but it is an entertainingly cheesy bad and carried by the unrelenting charisma of Cary Hiroyuki-Tagawa. And, of course, the soundtrack rocks.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The 90s Mortal Kombat movie being the only 'decent' video game movie of its era is still funny to me. We didn't get another good video game movie till uh, Detective Pikachu? (Every live action video game movie between those two never broke 50% on metacritic).

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mortal Kombat while bad, knows exactly what you're here for and quickly dispenses with anything but that.

The setup between fights is relatively minimal, they bring the characters and their motivations to the screen well, and boom, it's just death match after death match with like a couple of minutes in between. And yet manages to bring together a diverse cast, give... some of them motivations and has a relatively cohesive story.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I liked the first Resident Evil movie, I’ll throw it on in the background when I have a few drinks and lego every now and then. Tubi is great for LEGO time. Lotta good background noise classics

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Kalli posted:

Mortal Kombat while bad, knows exactly what you're here for and quickly dispenses with anything but that.

The setup between fights is relatively minimal, they bring the characters and their motivations to the screen well, and boom, it's just death match after death match with like a couple of minutes in between. And yet manages to bring together a diverse cast, give... some of them motivations and has a relatively cohesive story.

yeah, i agree this is why it worked. it knew what it was, what the audience wanted and delivered. some of my first non-christian music cd's were the mk1 & 2 movie soundstracks and... Jewel's Pieces of You.

haven't thought about the saint in a long time and used to watch it a lot when I was younger. may need to rewatch.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Street Fighter is undeniably a bad movie, but I really do think the Bison "but for me, it was Tuesday" line is one of the greatest movie lines ever

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, I think in comparison, Street Fighter is just a very bad movie, with Raul Julia giving 100%. It's just whenever he isn't on screen.... snore.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
The Justice League movie is great. Love archer ladies using their arrows to keep that future box away from the bad guy Silverfox. Wonderful scene

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
A few months ago I made a post here calling the Mazda CX-5 a boring, soulless car. I would like to apologize for that, I was not familiar with Mazda's game. As a proud new owner of a CX-50, I can say that Mazda loving rules. What a wonderful car. I want a Mazda 3 next.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

I watched this russian movie called Captain Volkonogov Escaped. It was very russian. 8/10.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

oh yeah i really dig old japanese samurai movies like Yojimbo

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Timby posted:

I mean, I'm no snob when it comes to movies; I own the Raul Julia / Van Damme Street Fighter movie on both DVD and Blu-ray. I own every Star Trek movie, even the execrable ones. Hell, I have a DVD box set of the American Pie trilogy on my shelf, and taking a cursory glance, right above it is Drive and right below it is Road to Perdition.

Josstice League is in a category unto itself, though. I remember my best friend was bringing up a new bed to my place in Wisconsin when I put it on, I was maybe halfway through the movie when he called to let me know he was in the parking lot, and after everything was said and done and he went on his merry way, I smoked a little weed to see if it made the rest of the movie any better and ... uh, nope. It most certainly did not.

It's just bad period, whether it's Whedon or Snyder.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Pron on VHS posted:

A few months ago I made a post here calling the Mazda CX-5 a boring, soulless car. I would like to apologize for that, I was not familiar with Mazda's game. As a proud new owner of a CX-50, I can say that Mazda loving rules. What a wonderful car. I want a Mazda 3 next.

i rented one last fall and really want to pick up a cx-50. solid car imo.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Kalli posted:

Yeah, I think in comparison, Street Fighter is just a very bad movie, with Raul Julia giving 100%. It's just whenever he isn't on screen.... snore.

Graeme Revell's score is great and Wes Studi gives everything he has as Sagat. Andrew Bryniarski, who will never be confused as being a particularly talented actor (he plays the mayor's son in Batman Returns), is also weirdly fun to watch as Zangief.

Nodoze posted:

It's just bad period, whether it's Whedon or Snyder.

Hard disagree, Snyder's Justice League is great.

But I don't say that as some sort of weird Snyder-bro despite loving ZSJL and most of his other movies outside of Sucker Punch, which is just ... deeply unpleasant to watch. It took me three nights to get through Rebel Moon. gently caress all the way off, Zack. I like your style, but if Rebel Moon is your vision of Star Wars, then I'm glad they told you to go pound sand.

Timby fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jan 31, 2024

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Timby posted:

Graeme Revell's score is great and Wes Studi gives everything he has as Sagat. Andrew Bryniarski, who will never be confused as being a particularly talented actor (he plays the mayor's son in Batman Returns), is also weirdly fun to watch as Zangief.

I'll be fair, haven't watched it since a bit after it came out. I'm willing to amend my statement to: whenever JCVD or Chun Li are on screen without Raul Julia: Snore.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Kalli posted:

Now Populous, that's a proto-RTS with some hair on it.

I still have Populous on 3 1/2" diskettes, in its original box. I think it took two disks. What a game. I wouldn't call it an RTS, but it felt completely revolutionary at the time. And it ran pretty well on my 386 with 16-color graphics.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Justice League feels like White House Down to the Avengers' Olympus Has Fallen

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Also I really like the "Has Fallen" series

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Timby posted:

"Long?" The sequence of Bruce running the computations to match the bullet fragments is, like, 40 seconds.

Despite having a bad batsuit, Begins is also the best of the trilogy and it isn't even close.

TDK has a killer cold open, an amazing Ledger performance (like, I think he probably would have gotten the Oscar nom even if he hadn't tragically died, though I doubt he would have won) and Maggie Gyllenhaal is just such a much better actress than Katie Holmes. Aaron Eckhart holds his own too. Sure the plot makes zero sense if you spend more than 30 seconds thinking about it, but that's fine in a comic book movie I think as long as you're being engaged in the moment. The Big Sleep is one of my favorite movies of all time and that has a murder that literally no one knows who committed it, none of the characters in the movie, no one involved in making the movie and not the author of the book the movie is based on.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Pron on VHS posted:

I got a 2014 Mazda 3 hatch with a manual transmission. Been a fantastic car. My wife bought a 2023 CX-5 last year. Mazdas own. I'm just sad they aren't selling the 6 in the US anymore. I would buy a 6 wagon immediately if it was available here.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Pron on VHS posted:

I love my CX-5, it’s a lease for now but I’m probably gonna just buy it once it’s done

I’ve had to drive a few rentals over the past couple months and they’re the competitions equivalents and they’re just not as well made.

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jan 31, 2024

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Timby posted:

Hard disagree, Snyder's Justice League is great.

But I don't say that as some sort of weird Snyder-bro despite loving ZSJL and most of his other movies outside of Sucker Punch, which is just ... deeply unpleasant to watch. It took me three nights to get through Rebel Moon. gently caress all the way off, Zack. I like your style, but if Rebel Moon is your vision of Star Wars, then I'm glad they told you to go pound sand.

It's really not. Snyder is a hack

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Loving the Mazda endorsements, I've been looking at new cars and the 3 Hatchback is the best by far out of the ones I've test-driven but I'm just making sure it's absolutely the one I want before I pull the trigger.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Joey Freshwater posted:

I love my CX-5, it’s a lease for now but I’m probably gonna just buy it once it’s done

I’ve had to drive a few rentals over the past couple months and they’re the competitions equivalents and they’re just not as well made.

I had a CX5 for a while and I'd never get a CRV or a rav4 over one. You'd have to go upmarket to a q5 to get me to consider something else

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
CX-5 crew checking in, my wife had a CX-3 for a few years and we got a CX-5 when we decided to scale back from two cars to one. Really good whip.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Hot take: the new planet of the apes trilogy is the best trilogy released in the last 30 years.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Think I saw the Franco one, Wahlbergs will always be the best cause of Paul Giamatti

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Manoueverable posted:

Loving the Mazda endorsements, I've been looking at new cars and the 3 Hatchback is the best by far out of the ones I've test-driven but I'm just making sure it's absolutely the one I want before I pull the trigger.
I looked at a Mazda 2 when I was car shopping long ago and loved it, but it was juuuuuuust out of my price range so I couldn't get it. I just feel so much more comfortable driving something compact. I rented an SUV once and I loving hated driving that thing.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Ooh, we doin movie chat? Watched Wendy and Lucy the other night, then needed to take a break to go sob and hug my dog for a bit, highly recommended

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
What are the chat thread recommended plug-in hybrid? I'm about to be in the market for a car and since 95% of my driving is < 30 miles they make the most sense.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
While we're talking cars I do not get the Civic hype, I thought that car was mediocre when I test drove it and would cost me thousands more to get some features that most other cars have standard. Why do I have to buy the second highest trim package just to get a loving blind spot monitor?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Shrimpy posted:

What are the chat thread recommended plug-in hybrid? I'm about to be in the market for a car and since 95% of my driving is < 30 miles they make the most sense.

The Ferrari 296GTB (Base price: $338,255)

or did you have a price range in mind? probably a prius prime though, it's hard to beat a prius for value, performance, quality, value retention, utility, etc

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Shrimpy posted:

Mazda CX-90 PHEV obviously!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Manoueverable posted:

While we're talking cars I do not get the Civic hype, I thought that car was mediocre when I test drove it and would cost me thousands more to get some features that most other cars have standard. Why do I have to buy the second highest trim package just to get a loving blind spot monitor?

I loved my families Civic, but that was a 1999 model in the early 2000s, no idea what they are like now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

wife drives a HR-V, it's just a womans car like you guys drive but I drove it once and it loving flies up hills because fancy gearbox. My cars is very manly Isuzu D max and i also have a bogan spec VT commo SS in tiger mica with a manta wing