Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier)

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF CURRENT EVENTS IS EXCEEDED ONLY BY MY UNQUENCHABLE THIRST FOR PISS. FUK U AMERIKKKA!!

Chubby Henparty posted:

I watched Reality yesterday which was the literal transcript of Reality Winner(!)'s fbi interview, so it can be done, sorta

It was actually pretty good, picked it up while trying to parse if it was about survivor or something

That was a p. Good film, and I liked the stylistic choice of just using the transcript

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

I realised I have no idea what he’s actually been in, so looked it up.

He was in The Hole! The kid who hid the coke (lol, cola) and then was beaten to death over it.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

fuctifino posted:

It's on youtube
Excellent, thank you
:discourse:

fuctifino posted:

e: I'm a few mins in, and lost it when a character said "We believe in truth over facts"... The acting is as you would expect

e2: 5 mins in and he's doing his first line of 'stunt' cocaine
Yeah I think this one might be a "few drinks in evening watch" rather than a "background at work watch"

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

DreddyMatt posted:

That was a p. Good film, and I liked the stylistic choice of just using the transcript

The bit where the partner is genuinely interested in Reality's weight lifting accomplishments, and then both he and Reality have to stop and keep their eyes from rolling back when agent-dad busts in with his crossfit stories was actually hilarious

Chubby Henparty fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Jan 31, 2024

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Inevitable contribution from

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
"It was but a rhetorical flourish, your honour!"

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Chubby Henparty posted:

I watched Reality yesterday which was the literal transcript of Reality Winner(!)'s fbi interview, so it can be done, sorta

It was actually pretty good, picked it up while trying to parse if it was about survivor or something

US transcript so 1st amendment applies.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I see that the "School worker who says she was sacked for being Christian wins right to appeal" case is back up in the news for similar reasons.

You were sacked just for saying that you believe that Jesus Christ died for our sins and that we should love our neighbour as we do ourself?

No, the other ones.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I feel like a "rhetorical flourish" is more something you'd see in some poncy debating society as opposed to getting gakked up and calling random people paedos on Twitter.

But that's just me.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

The cardboard box is called delivering on the promise to build more hospitals.

Grim reminder of the Covid-era invention of the cardboard hospital bed that converted into a cardboard coffin for the user.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Necrothatcher posted:

I feel like a "rhetorical flourish" is more something you'd see in some poncy debating society as opposed to getting gakked up and calling random people paedos on Twitter.

But that's just me.
*executes a perfect front triple twist on the mat before unveiling a sign that says "u r a nonce" and waving it at the judges*

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

He was being a rhetorical fuckhead.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

your honour, these are my emotional support flourishes

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Flourished Snake

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

OwlFancier posted:

The cardboard box is called delivering on the promise to build more hospitals.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

lmao https://twitter.com/TalkTV/status/1752695517535220196

https://twitter.com/LozzaFox/status/1752690712133447784

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Guavanaut posted:

Fox has definitely not won reality though.

I still need to watch this in a way that gives zero money to anyone involved, because it looks hilariously bad.

when a former, bad, MMA fighter gets the headline name in front of you

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/barrydeutsch/status/1024567665094930432

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Why are you posting the shameless ripoff?

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
I have been silenced for my views :smith:

What views? Oh mainly the racist and homophobic ones.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

fuctifino posted:

It's on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJCKosaMxj8

I haven't watched it either, but I might for a laugh

e: I'm a few mins in, and lost it when a character said "We believe in truth over facts"... The acting is as you would expect

e2: 5 mins in and he's doing his first line of 'stunt' cocaine

e3: He does another line of 'stunt' cocaine at 10 mins, then get the crack pipe out 40 seconds later to take some 'stunt' crack

e4: I can't watch any more of this. I lasted about 12 minutes.

I can't really fault them for their casting choice for a massive coke head.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

There’s a First Hearing for another of fragile snowflake free speech hating Fox’s cases against a Twitter poster today. This one is against well known left wing poster Mukhtar for calling him racist, for , erm, being racist

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

JFC Nick Clegg may have been a long term sleeper agent after all. He has just hosed Zuckerberg by virtue of having written and then probably leaked a bunch of emails to Zuck saying “you need to do more to protect kids on FB”. This is coming out in a senate hearing.

I expect he won’t keep his job after this.

“Mr Zuckerberg do you believe you have a constitutional right to lie to congress?”

E: the alternate explanation which is also amusing is that Clegg is so atrociously bad at his job that when hired at an exorbitant rate to make FB look good he made them look bad.

Beefeater1980 fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jan 31, 2024

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Zuck solved this problem by ensuring that no-one under the age of 40 uses facebook.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Beefeater1980 posted:

JFC Nick Clegg may have been a long term sleeper agent after all. He has just hosed Zuckerberg by virtue of having written and then probably leaked a bunch of emails to Zuck saying “you need to do more to protect kids on FB”. This is coming out in a senate hearing.

“Mr Zuckerberg do you believe you have a constitutional right to lie to congress?”

E: the alternate explanation which is also amusing is that Clegg is so atrociously bad at his job that when hired at an exorbitant rate to make FB look good he made them look bad.

Going to appoint this person known only for being an outright liar and who's only instinct is that of self preservation to a senior role in my company. What's the worst that can happen?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean above a certain pay grade is there any candidate that doesn't fit that description?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

This may be a stupid straw that's broken the camel's back, but the banker bonus poo poo is what's set me over the edge of not being to vote for Labour. This whole time I've kind of kept quiet on it (partly because I mainly lurk) because I was struggling to square the idea of potentially allowing the Tories - who I genuinely think are evil - back into the power. But loving hell this is such an obvious easy win. There is absolutely no downside. Oh sure some bankers will grumble but what the gently caress are they actually going to do? It's a wildly popular position that the public support. If you can't do the bare minimum that might vaguely suggest you are somewhat still a left wing party (I know that's a very naive idea) then why the gently caress should I even kid myself anymore.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think internalizing a sense of guilt because the people in charge have arranged it such that you have no good choice, but you feel responsible for not dutifully ticking the "less bad" box, is a pretty objectionable thing to have done to you tbh. It ignores the psychopath putting you in that position to begin with. That is where the guilt lies but of course they won't even entertain the possibility of being responsible for that and there is no mechanism to punish them for it, so it's really set up to kind of gaslight you into believing you're the one at fault for your essentially consumer decision re: which party you subscribe to, and not the people arranging the world so that that's the only decision you have.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

EvilHawk posted:

This may be a stupid straw that's broken the camel's back, but the banker bonus poo poo is what's set me over the edge of not being to vote for Labour. This whole time I've kind of kept quiet on it (partly because I mainly lurk) because I was struggling to square the idea of potentially allowing the Tories - who I genuinely think are evil - back into the power. But loving hell this is such an obvious easy win. There is absolutely no downside. Oh sure some bankers will grumble but what the gently caress are they actually going to do? It's a wildly popular position that the public support. If you can't do the bare minimum that might vaguely suggest you are somewhat still a left wing party (I know that's a very naive idea) then why the gently caress should I even kid myself anymore.

The people in charge of Labour hate that the party is funded by the unions. They desperately want to break that link and for that they have to court rich cunts, like the Blair years getting cash from the likes of Bernie Ecclestone. It's entirely ideological, the desire to stop Labour being a more mass participation party to one more like the US Democrats

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

At this point even the dems are better, which is just incredible. I suppose Starmer et al take it as a mark of how far they've come.

A

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

fuctifino posted:

e3: He does another line of 'stunt' cocaine at 10 mins, then get the crack pipe out 40 seconds later to take some 'stunt' crack
6 mins in of My Adult Son Laurence and I think I need a stunt line myself

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Beefeater1980 posted:

Humiliation for loser Zuckerberg for hiring loser Clegg.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

OwlFancier posted:

I think internalizing a sense of guilt because the people in charge have arranged it such that you have no good choice, but you feel responsible for not dutifully ticking the "less bad" box, is a pretty objectionable thing to have done to you tbh. It ignores the psychopath putting you in that position to begin with. That is where the guilt lies but of course they won't even entertain the possibility of being responsible for that and there is no mechanism to punish them for it, so it's really set up to kind of gaslight you into believing you're the one at fault for your essentially consumer decision re: which party you subscribe to, and not the people arranging the world so that that's the only decision you have.

This is just a long way of saying that the solution to the pop-philosophy trolley problem is to find out who the fucker is that keeps tying people to the tracks.

...The actual trolley problem is a very good takedown of consequentialist ethics and has nothing to do with how people use it most of the time. Yes, I have a grudge.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

EvilHawk posted:

This may be a stupid straw that's broken the camel's back, but the banker bonus poo poo is what's set me over the edge of not being to vote for Labour.

E: this sounds like I'm having a go at you personally and I don't intend it seriously, it's just after the last page or two talking about the Pet Shop Boy making trans-exclusion 'a priority' and the absolute lack of consequences for Rosie Duffield's continued political existence, it's just strange to hear what is and isn't a deal breaker for people.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jan 31, 2024

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Miftan posted:

The actual trolley problem is a very good takedown of consequentialist ethics and has nothing to do with how people use it most of the time. Yes, I have a grudge.
And if you gaze for long into an terminus, the terminus gazes also into you

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Miftan posted:

This is just a long way of saying that the solution to the pop-philosophy trolley problem is to find out who the fucker is that keeps tying people to the tracks.

...The actual trolley problem is a very good takedown of consequentialist ethics and has nothing to do with how people use it most of the time. Yes, I have a grudge.

It's OK, pop culture also solved it

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

fuctifino posted:

e4: I can't watch any more of this. I lasted about 12 minutes.
Yeah just had a nice meal and a glass of whiskey and watched Laurence Fox have a relaxing glass pipe of freebase cocaine to get off to sleep, I think I may need some party lines if I want to get through this stupid poo poo.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Bobby Deluxe posted:

E: this sounds like I'm having a go at you personally and I don't intend it seriously, it's just after the last page or two talking about the Pet Shop Boy making trans-exclusion 'a priority' and the absolute lack of consequences for Rosie Duffield's continued political existence, it's just strange to hear what is and isn't a deal breaker for people.

No I totally understand and that's why I framed it as very stupid. Tbh Wes's poo poo from the last page probably put me into that mindset, then when I checked the news at lunch I had this moment. I still think the Tories are and will be worse, but there's just no reason to give Labour my support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
There's something rather freeing about knowing that you don't give a poo poo who wins the next election.
Very much: whoever wins, we lose. But with the added bonus that whoever loses, you get to laugh at them.