Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Argentum
Feb 6, 2011
UGLY LIKE BOWEL CANCER

silicone thrills posted:

Yahoo news article about the 2024 hurricane season has the chart.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/global-ocean-record-snowballs-2024-014215249.html

stop sending me this chart.

seriously an incredibly doomer article for a boomer news place.

I love seeing the chart break into the mainstream. He's grown up so fast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

drat its gonna be so hot this summer

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

mistermojo posted:

hotter tomorrow - like yesterday

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

mistermojo posted:

still cooler than next year :)

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

on the one hand having the chart itself being engulfed by rising seas is pretty lol but on the other hand what the gently caress is that for, stop adding perspective and 3D effects to data visualisation

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

silicone thrills posted:

Yahoo news article about the 2024 hurricane season has the chart.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/global-ocean-record-snowballs-2024-014215249.html

stop sending me this chart.

seriously an incredibly doomer article for a boomer news place.

after seeing the chart, all the comments are:

"They say this every single year."

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Rauros posted:

after seeing the chart, all the comments are:

"They say this every single year."

this person has a good point:

TRUTH™. evil is CAUGHT in their LIES of GENOCIDE and GENOCIDE Propaganda. Stop the CHEMTRAILS. Stop the CHEMTRAIL "rockets". Stop the Lies. Stop the GENOCIDE. Stop evil. Statistically Impossible. (15) "1,000 year "storm(s)" = "man-made" by CHEMTRAILS = "jet-stream"/"rocket exhaust". Stop the LIES. Stop the CHEMTRAILS. Stop the GENOCIDE. Stop evil. "con"-trails = CHEMTRAILS = "fog", "rain", "ice", "sleet" and "snow".....COLD. CHEMTRAILS/CHEMTRAIL "rockets" create COLD, NOT "warmth". CHEMTRAILS Block the SUN and CREATE COLD by not Letting the SUNSHINE SHINE THROUGH. CHEMTRAILS/CHEMTRAIL "rockets" are CAUSING the "pineapple-express", "polar-vortex", "atmospheric-rivers", ALL the violent "weather = "man-made" = "billionaire-delusion™" = GENOCIDE = evil. "hurricanes" = Frequency Manipulation, "harp" = "man-made" EMF/Microwave Radiation. Stop the. LIES. Stop the GENOCIDE. Stop evil. Look Up, Wake Up and Speak Up™! Go Green, Vote Team Earth™ 2024. Let's Make A Better Tomorrow Today Together™. Team Earth Unite™!

Puppy Burner
Sep 9, 2011

Stereotype posted:

TRUTH™. evil is CAUGHT in their LIES of GENOCIDE and GENOCIDE Propaganda. Stop the CHEMTRAILS. Stop the CHEMTRAIL "rockets". Stop the Lies. Stop the GENOCIDE. Stop evil. Statistically Impossible. (15) "1,000 year "storm(s)" = "man-made" by CHEMTRAILS = "jet-stream"/"rocket exhaust". Stop the LIES. Stop the CHEMTRAILS. Stop the GENOCIDE. Stop evil. "con"-trails = CHEMTRAILS = "fog", "rain", "ice", "sleet" and "snow".....COLD. CHEMTRAILS/CHEMTRAIL "rockets" create COLD, NOT "warmth". CHEMTRAILS Block the SUN and CREATE COLD by not Letting the SUNSHINE SHINE THROUGH. CHEMTRAILS/CHEMTRAIL "rockets" are CAUSING the "pineapple-express", "polar-vortex", "atmospheric-rivers", ALL the violent "weather = "man-made" = "billionaire-delusion™" = GENOCIDE = evil. "hurricanes" = Frequency Manipulation, "harp" = "man-made" EMF/Microwave Radiation. Stop the. LIES. Stop the GENOCIDE. Stop evil. Look Up, Wake Up and Speak Up™! Go Green, Vote Team Earth™ 2024. Let's Make A Better Tomorrow Today Together™. Team Earth Unite™!

When Liberals say "both sides" they mean that we're this person for caring or having objections.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
I think chemtrails are real but I am pro-chemtrail

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I'm for the jobs the chemtrails provide

Laterite posted:

is this finally the year that tampa bay faces its reckoning?

Inshallah

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Of all the places you could live for the disasters that are coming it blows my mind just how underwater all of Florida can become in the future with very little effort

Argentum
Feb 6, 2011
UGLY LIKE BOWEL CANCER
Ice cover in the great lakes is looking pretty bad :shobon:

(individual lakes)

Not historical lows... yet!

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

The Oldest Man posted:

hotter tomorrow - like yesterday

i'll call now

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Stereotype posted:

Dr.Bronner snapped

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

How! posted:

Dr.Bronner snapped

While nothing on it is technically incorrect, the label is insane even for me

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
even that guy thinks voting matters tho lmao. I'm voting for Team Earth!!

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Argentum posted:

(individual lakes)

lmao the 10 day forcast here in MI has highs in the 40's every day except one 38

MLK Ultra
Mar 9, 2021

Dokapon Findom posted:

While nothing on it is technically incorrect, the label is insane even for me

Yeah but it's decent reading if your phone is dead and you need to need to make a carbon deposit. Otherwise I'm left reading a bunch of PC Magazines from 1997.

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

Microplastics posted:

Mining soil and shipping it to the wheat refinery, smelting it into bread ingots

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Argentum posted:

(individual lakes)

what the gently caress

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I'm in a class for school that focuses on "protecting/advancing" climate rights through legal remedies (lol). Every other page of the readings is written like some a very dry and dark comedy. The text outright says the situation is "apocalyptic", but then it suggests the legal equivalent of reporting the American government to the American government's manager, the American government.

It's baffling that people write hundreds of pages and come to these utterly bizarre conclusions when they acknowledge climate change is an existential doomsday scenario. It feels like someone trying to validate their own existence in the face of a power structure that simply does not give a poo poo.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Hey at least they acknowledge the reality of the situation in your curriculum. this was my 'Climate Change Science' professor, and my eyebrows raised straight off the top of my head on the first day of class when he confidently announced that greenhouse gases are good, actually. and if they aren't, well then the cure is worse than the disease.

I dropped out lol

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/LeonSimons8/status/1753026466021822908

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Hunga games

Sorry I got nothing

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

well that’s a relief

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Microplastics posted:

Hunga games

Sorry I got nothing

Hunga Tonga burnin' love

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Now explain the other months that exist

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

underappreciated album

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

God Hole posted:

Hey at least they acknowledge the reality of the situation in your curriculum. this was my 'Climate Change Science' professor, and my eyebrows raised straight off the top of my head on the first day of class when he confidently announced that greenhouse gases are good, actually. and if they aren't, well then the cure is worse than the disease.

I dropped out lol

2011 Professor of the Year Award from the Order of Omega[1]

Nice!

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

voting won't save the earth from destruction but it's a fun activity if you've got an hour or two free

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

smoobles posted:

voting won't save the earth from destruction but it's a fun activity if you've got an hour or two free

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
the last time i voted the lady volunteering tried to bribe me to vote republican by offering to get me an apartment in her building lol

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
I though the volcanoes were supposed to save us

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Paradoxish posted:

I though the volcanoes were supposed to save us

Typically, but Hunga Tonga threw an absurd amount of water into the upper atmosphere because of where it occurred right below the surface

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Microplastics posted:

Hunga games

Sorry I got nothing

gradenko_2000 posted:

Hunga Tonga burnin' love

OOOOOOOH
HUNGA HUNGA HUNGA
I DON'T WANT TO SEE THE TONGA
DOO DOO DOO DA DEE DOO ...

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

TeenageArchipelago posted:

Typically, but Hunga Tonga threw an absurd amount of water into the upper atmosphere because of where it occurred right below the surface

telling u, venus2 is plausible & if gg emissions don't cease it could happen here

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

It's very obvious I'm the most annoying person in this climate law class right now. I did give a preface at the beginning of the semester that I'm going to be a broken record because this is the greatest disaster in human history, and the answer is staring us in the face (abolish capitalism), but everyone is dancing around it.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Nichael posted:

It's very obvious I'm the most annoying person in this climate law class right now. I did give a preface at the beginning of the semester that I'm going to be a broken record because this is the greatest disaster in human history, and the answer is staring us in the face (abolish capitalism), but everyone is dancing around it.
it's ok, every class needs a 'that guy'. Bonus if it's a non-trad student.

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
i mean you say the answer is staring us in the face, but how does one "abolish capitalism" lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

i mean you say the answer is staring us in the face, but how does one "abolish capitalism" lol

burn lots of fossil fuels