Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Had about 25 minutes free at the end of my work day so I figured I'd watch Omega/Okada 1 at WK11...

...this match is HOW LONG?!? I'll have to set aside nearly a WHOLE drat HOUR TO WATCH IT. You have no idea how hype I am to do that though, god drat I love Kenny Omega.

Also HIS TERMINATOR ENTRANCE I JUST CAN'T. We're hitting levels of hooting and hollering never before seen and I didn't even get to the bell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

karmicknight posted:

have you considered they took his dang brain out

Yeah, it loving rules

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Washed it under a tap and then put it back in. :hmmyes:

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Count Thrashula posted:

Had about 25 minutes free at the end of my work day so I figured I'd watch Omega/Okada 1 at WK11...

...this match is HOW LONG?!? I'll have to set aside nearly a WHOLE drat HOUR TO WATCH IT. You have no idea how hype I am to do that though, god drat I love Kenny Omega.

Also HIS TERMINATOR ENTRANCE I JUST CAN'T. We're hitting levels of hooting and hollering never before seen and I didn't even get to the bell.

Enjoy!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Jerusalem posted:

Washed it under a tap and then put it back in. :hmmyes:

blew in it like a Nintendo cartridge

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gave it a little shake after and whapped it a couple of times with the base of their palm, just to be certain.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

If I had Shibata's brain in front of me I could not resist slapping it like a big bag of rice

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Just finished Omega/Okada 1, holy poo poo

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

And it just gets better! :stwoon:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

If I had Shibata's brain in front of me I could not resist slapping it like a big bag of rice

:same:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Dropping Shibata's brain because I was trying to hold it and my keys at the same time. 10 second rule applies, right?

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

I wanted to fight the world.

- Eddie Kingston

Count Thrashula posted:

Just finished Omega/Okada 1, holy poo poo

What I wouldn't give to be able to experience those matches for the first time again.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
When, after like 30 minutes, Okada landed on his feet from the One Winged Angel and then hit the Rainmaker, I have never in my life heard a crowd that loud

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!
Seeing you experience all the joys of New Japan for the first time is wonderful stuff. Please don't stop posting your thoughts.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
yeah it blew my mind when I learned that Okada/Omega 1 was their least good match. There's a reason Big Dave rated the series like that

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

man cant wait til you watch dominion from the same year.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Lily Catts posted:

yeah it blew my mind when I learned that Okada/Omega 1 was their least good match. There's a reason Big Dave rated the series like that

I've seen some argue the g1 match is the lesser of the 4 which I can see but than it being more fast-paced than any of the other 3 make it the favorite for others

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Once you watch all the Okada/Omega matches you gotta watch the 2023 New Year Dash main event for a fun surprise :)

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
I would say watch the Shibata match at Sakura Genesis 2007 before doing Okada/Omega 2. If only to give you some perspective on the absolute god-run that Okada was on during that time. Vs Omega 1 was January ‘07, Shibata was April and Omega 2 was in June. Absolutely ridiculous run of firm.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
2017 they weren't that long ago

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

That whole run was good even the Fale match was surprisingly fun

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Naomichi Marufuji v Okada from King of Pro Wrestling 2016 was also spectacular if you’re in the mood for more Okada.

and ESPECIALLY delightful if you’re a chop pervert. so many chops. Marufuji is an absolute beast.

their G1 match in ‘16 is another banger.

the escape goat fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Feb 2, 2024

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
At this point I'm just gonna have to watch every NJPW event for the past couple decades :negative:

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Count Thrashula posted:

At this point I'm just gonna have to watch every NJPW event for the past couple decades :negative:

:sickos:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Count Thrashula posted:

The judge sentenced you to a good time :cheers:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

The fantastic run new Japan had in the second half of the 10s kept us going through the long pandemic era

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
I've already got a backlog to keep up with - is NJPW Strong worth keeping up with? As I understand it it's basically a separate promotion in America that has crossover?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Count Thrashula posted:

I've already got a backlog to keep up with - is NJPW Strong worth keeping up with? As I understand it it's basically a separate promotion in America that has crossover?

It has some crossover with main-line NJPW stars but it isn't *necessary* to follow if you're just trying to keep up with the main NJPW beats.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Count Thrashula posted:

It's inessential, I'd say. They sometimes have fun supershows and you get more aew crossover

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

A 25 minute video covering the history of the United Empire. Includes old favourites like Gideon Gray and Okhan saving that girl from a kidnapper but mysteriously missing that time Ospreay attacked his girlfriend to prove he was a hard man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCHAuFYUWcI

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Mayu Iwatani v Mina Shirakawa for the iwgp women's title has been announced for one of the Sapporo new beginning shows (the 23rd)

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Shows starting in 10, the three singles and War Dogs vs Catch 2/2 should be rad

quote:

New Japan Road To New Beginning Night 6
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
El Desperado, Oleg Boltin, Shota Umino, Togi Makabe & YOSHI-HASHI vs EVIL, Ren Narita, SHO, Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Yujiro
Chase Owens, KENTA & Taiji Ishimori vs El Phantasmo, Hikuleo & Tomoaki Honma
Hiroshi Tanahashi, Ryusuke Taguchi, Tomohiro Ishii & YOH vs Kosei Fujita, Mikey Nicholls, Shane Haste & Zack Sabre Jr
BUSHI, Hiromu Takahashi, Shingo Takagi, Tetsuya Naito & Yota Tsuji vs DOUKI, SANADA, Taichi, TAKA Michinoku & Yuya Uemura
Gabe Kidd vs HENARE
Alex Coughlin vs Jeff Cobb
Callum Newman vs David Finlay
IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Titles: Francesco Akira & TJP(c) vs Clark Connors & Drilla Moloney

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh poo poo, starting with an entranceway brawl!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Starting the show with a Wardogs beatdown on Cobb, chefs kiss

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Cobbo dead

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

El DesperadSho

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NEVER EVIL Openweight Title

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

I know it's not the thing to say but i like this feud

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hikuleo trying to find somebody to show off the belt to :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Leo stepping over those women lol