Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Leatherhead posted:

Same as last year: Ravenous for WLM

hell and drat yes

I got picked for the Gleep Glossary last LRM so probably just gonna try for "Gold Told Me To" again on the main feed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

hell and drat yes

I got picked for the Gleep Glossary last LRM so probably just gonna try for "Gold Told Me To" again on the main feed

Also a great pick. Chris has that at 4 stars on letterboxd, Andrew has it watched but not rated, and the others haven't logged it, but I feel like it's right up Eric's alley.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I've always thought that Things to do in Denver when you're dead would make a great episode. It's definitely a bad movie but it has a loaded cast and is a great representation of the post pulp fiction movies

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Leatherhead posted:

Same as last year: Ravenous for WLM and 100 Girls for WHM. If anyone has an AD or Nexus they feel strongly about I'm happy to double submit it for you.

AD: Captain Planet: "A Good Bomb Is Hard To Find" (AKA the Fu Manchu Hitler episode) You can find it on Dailymotion
Nexus: TNG: "Sub Rosa"

Thanks.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I requested Phantom of the Paradise because not only is it loving great but I think it's cheesy enough that the guys would have a lot to work with. Not sure whether it should be for WLM or WHM movies since even though it kicks rear end, it was a complete box office bomb. I went WE LOVE.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Leatherhead posted:

Same as last year: Ravenous for WLM and 100 Girls for WHM. If anyone has an AD or Nexus they feel strongly about I'm happy to double submit it for you.

100 Girls is a solid choice, that's a movie I've inexplicably seen more than once thanks to cable programming when 0 is a perfectly fine number of times to have seen it.

I call in Fortress every year because it's another random one I've seen a bunch that isn't on too many radars. Its got exploding guts and Christopher Lambert.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

AceOfFlames posted:

AD: Captain Planet: "A Good Bomb Is Hard To Find" (AKA the Fu Manchu Hitler episode) You can find it on Dailymotion
Nexus: TNG: "Sub Rosa"

Thanks.

Done!

BiggerBoat posted:

I requested Phantom of the Paradise because not only is it loving great but I think it's cheesy enough that the guys would have a lot to work with. Not sure whether it should be for WLM or WHM movies since even though it kicks rear end, it was a complete box office bomb. I went WE LOVE.

I think 'love' is right for sure. There's no way Chris doesn't dig that movie.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Gonna do Eye of the Tiger again

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Bip Roberts posted:

I've always thought that Things to do in Denver when you're dead would make a great episode. It's definitely a bad movie but it has a loaded cast and is a great representation of the post pulp fiction movies

Lucky Number Slevin is an even better / worse example. I should submit it.

fuzzyduckbutt
Mar 3, 2016
I want to submit Robot in the Family for WHM but I haven't actually watched it and I refuse to sit through it

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
Cabin seems to be on a Scott Adkins kick currently so I recommended "Avengement" for wlm

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

fuzzyduckbutt posted:

I want to submit Robot in the Family for WHM but I haven't actually watched it and I refuse to sit through it

I've sat through it and, uh, maybe be vague about where you live when you call it in or Crabin might firebomb your house and no jury would convict him

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Milk Money or Tiptoes, which one should I go for?

Disgusting shitboys vs “what the gently caress Gary Oldman?!!”

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Tiptoes is a movie I would have thought for sure they’ve covered by now. I think I’m going to call in Drop Dead Fred after Crabin referenced it on the Beetlejuice ep. There aren’t many movies with disgusting shitmen but DDF has possibly the worst of them and my partner claims she watched it all the time growing up.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I’m almost certain they haven’t done either of my pics, but I could’ve missed it, I haven’t listened to them as consistently this past year as I used to.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

BigglesSWE posted:

Milk Money or Tiptoes, which one should I go for?

Disgusting shitboys vs “what the gently caress Gary Oldman?!!”

Daniel O'Brien (formerly a writer for Cracked, now a senior writer for Last Week Tonight) did a video 11 years ago on Tiptoes that I think about anytime it comes up. I've still never watched it, but I hear the original cut was 3 hours, until the studio said absolutely no (not the assembly cut, like, the cut the director submitted.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edhFknyvLRY

Put your 2013 glasses when watching this video. The guy is a good writer.

Grave Centipede
Apr 19, 2007
"But how can I put my lion's head in the lion's mouth? That act is ruined!"
I always wanted to put knight moves 1992 Lambert film but it's not available on streaming/rental. Insane movie but also very watchable.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

weekly font posted:

Tiptoes is a movie I would have thought for sure they’ve covered by now. I think I’m going to call in Drop Dead Fred after Crabin referenced it on the Beetlejuice ep. There aren’t many movies with disgusting shitmen but DDF has possibly the worst of them and my partner claims she watched it all the time growing up.

Freddy Got Fingered?

Drop Dead Fred bums me out because I absolutely loved The Young Ones when I was younger and was psyched for one of those guys to break out.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

weekly font posted:

There aren’t many movies with disgusting shitmen

Harmony Korine's filmography disagrees.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
Because this is kind of the only place to ask, did anyone buy the Flophouse series? Were they any good? Can you download them?

I'm vaguely interested and my FOMO is acting up but I don't really dislike that they'd disappear in a week.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Saw X was fun, but I was most amused by the immediate turn in tone when all three guys were reminded of Vice, like they all simultaneously stepped in dog poo poo.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Thought it was funny during Saw X when Crabin talked about how hard it is to make fun of comedies, and then it's announced at the end that next week's episode is Blast From the Past. :v:

The Gillman
Jul 8, 2004
Beaten with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges
Grimey Drawer

SilentChaz posted:

Thought it was funny during Saw X when Crabin talked about how hard it is to make fun of comedies, and then it's announced at the end that next week's episode is Blast From the Past. :v:

It’s basically encino man again so they can at least start there

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

FEBRUARY SCHEDULE

Episode 721 – Blast from the Past

Episode 722 – Notting Hill

Episode 723– Safe House (1998)

Episode 724 – Leprechaun 3 with James A. Janisse & Chelsea Rebecca

Patreon Episodes:

We Love Movies – Dune (1984)

Animation Damnation: Cathy’s Valentine’s (1989)

The Nexus: TOS: “The Cloud Minders” (s3, 21), TNG: “Legacy” (s4, e6)

Gleep Glossary: Kabe & Muftak

MelR0210: 90210“The Back Story” (s3, e8), Melrose Place: “Otherwise Engaged” (s2, e23)

Once In a Lifetime: The Walls are Watching (2022)

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

hell yeah at that WLM, I hope it gets really dumb and really gross

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

the should do a drinking game where they drink every time someone has a super serious inner monologue or says the word "spice"

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Arson Daily posted:

the should do a drinking game where they drink every time someone has a super serious inner monologue or says the word "spice"

Having only seen it once about 20 years ago when I had a fever I can't remember how quickly this would result in death.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Do y’all think “The Hidden” should be requested on the H or L feed?

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Pops Mgee posted:

Do y’all think “The Hidden” should be requested on the H or L feed?

Should be under the WHM label but is hiddenly a WLM.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

I remember enjoying "Blast from the Past" a long time ago

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

BiggerBoat posted:

I remember enjoying "Blast from the Past" a long time ago
I rewatched it about a year ago after having not seen it in 20+ years and I gave it 3 and a half stars. Brendan Fraser is hilarious in it.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I used to watch that one a lot as a teen.

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
SAFE HOUSE would have been a bad movie if Sir Patrick Stewart wasn't Sir Patrick Stewart , but Sir Patrick Stewart IS Sir Patrick Stewart so it is kind of a great watch .

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

admataY posted:

SAFE HOUSE would have been a bad movie if Sir Patrick Stewart wasn't Sir Patrick Stewart , but Sir Patrick Stewart IS Sir Patrick Stewart so it is kind of a great watch .

Just like Masterminds.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

A (light) recommend: to anyone who doesn't use Letterboxd, make an account solely so you can follow the gang. It's fun supplemental material to the podcast, as I like reading their earnest opinions about a bunch of the stuff they watch. I always appreciate their opinions because like or hate something, they're always both funny and thoughtful about it.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014

Cael posted:

A (light) recommend: to anyone who doesn't use Letterboxd, make an account solely so you can follow the gang. It's fun supplemental material to the podcast, as I like reading their earnest opinions about a bunch of the stuff they watch. I always appreciate their opinions because like or hate something, they're always both funny and thoughtful about it.

Cabin lets himself off the chain here, in increasingly powerful ways. Pro-follow.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Despite what they may want you to think, I believe the last couple Saw movies have made them fans of the franchise and they don’t want to admit it.

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

dorium posted:

FEBRUARY SCHEDULE

Episode 724 – Leprechaun 3 with James A. Janisse & Chelsea Rebecca

Yes!

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Alright the WLM Dunecast is great and filled with all the voices you know and love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
I hope the boys do a Carl Weathers month this year.

RIPD, Apollo.