Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Julet Esqu posted:

Meanwhile Tik Tok is going wild over the Orange Peel Test*. I guess Fritzi doesn't really love Nancy. :(

* You ask your significant other to peel an orange for you (an easy task that either one of you could do no problem) and if he refuses, you are in a bad relationship

That’s so yesterday. Now you “accidentally” drip ketchup on the counter or floor and ask your SO to clean it up.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-13023191/amp/Does-relationship-pass-ketchup-test.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
A test I would fail at, apparently. You made the mess, you clean it up.

I'm noticing a lot of these 'tests' are "Can you make your alleged significant other do menial poo poo that's beneath you, yes/no"

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Malachite_Dragon posted:

A test I would fail at, apparently. You made the mess, you clean it up.

I'm noticing a lot of these 'tests' are "Can you make your alleged significant other do menial poo poo that's beneath you, yes/no"
Your relationship is already going down the drain if anyone involved is doing "tests" like this tbh. But "you can just break up with someone, you don't need sufficient evidence for a court of law" doesn't get ~engagement~.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Skippy (January 15, 1936)

Sky Beagle One (February 2, 1977)

Dinkleshaft

Rip Haywire

Li'l Abner (September 30-October 2, 1935)

Thimble Theater (September 4, 1940)

Out Our Way (November 22-24, 1943; spoiler for a slightly different type of antique racism than usual.)

Still no Mousetrapped tonight. Hope Randy's doing okay.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Murdstone posted:

Mark Trail

One of the many topics my former boss used to like to hold court on was the matter of wild horses and how we don't eat them anymore. Like, everything used to be fine, and then THOSE drat LIBERALS decided to make slaughtering horses for meat illegal in the US, even though it's good meat and even THE drat FRENCH are sensible enough to eat it. But nooooo, THOSE drat LIBERALS think horsies are soooo cute so we can't eat them and now the wild horse population is out of control and there's a bunch of sick and deformed wild horses because they're malnourished and whatnot.

Anyway, I don't really have an opinion on the matter since I don't know anymore about it than what he said and a large percentage of what he ever said was bullshit anyway. I'm just glad I don't have to hear him bloviate anymore and I wonder if Mark Trail is going to come down on the side of the horse murdering Frenchmen or the horse torturing libs.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

That’s so yesterday. Now you “accidentally” drip ketchup on the counter or floor and ask your SO to clean it up.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-13023191/amp/Does-relationship-pass-ketchup-test.html

Dang, not even, "Oops, I accidentally spilled some ketchup. Could you wipe it up for me tee hee?" Just straight up opening the bottle and squeezing it out on the counter right in front of them. Sorry, Gen Z. I was willing to peel your orange, but I don't love you enough to wipe up your ketchup crimes.

Julet Esqu fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Feb 1, 2024

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

i appreciate that it wouldn't matter to him that hunting wild horses was made illegal under nixon and that federal funding for safety inspections of meat from raised horses was severed under bush jr.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

EasyEW posted:

Sky Beagle One (February 2, 1977)

I grew up with compilations of classic Peanuts, and so I guess the beaglecopter never struck me as odd. It was just one of the things Snoopy did, like being Joe Cool or the Flying Ace.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

dogs can't hambro like cats do, so they beaglecopter instead

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

EasyEW posted:

Still no Mousetrapped tonight.

Thank heavens for small favors.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

EasyEW posted:

Sally Forth

Because opening doors will let irreplaceable heat out faster and there's no way to warm back up when you get back indoors, wtf.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Forgot to post SGR yesterday, oops! Oh well, you all got a day off from the wall of mid 2000s webcomic art.

Shelley Winters posted:

In 2005, Britain went to the polls. This was not just a case of us copying America, we vote all the time here!

Democracy is our lifeblood, just so long as it isn't raining or we forgot to go to the polling station or we used our polling card to scrape bird poo off the car. Sometimes democracy is not so easy - just ask the Cubans!

Working as I was in the mayor's office, it was deeply troubling to be challenged by local inventor Tim Jones for control of the city. Tim and I go way back, and now it was incumbent upon me to dash his dreams. As mayor's assistant, I did my very best. Some might say I got carried away in the process, but politics is a passionate thing.

I would like to take a moment to say a few words about Tackleford's major, Mr James Mayor. No one has ever cared quite so much about coming to work and sitting in an office as that man. I was proud to work for his office.

Unfortunately prior to this campaign, we had weather a few small problems (documented in Scary Go Round books 2 & 3).

Yes, arguably inviting killer robots to visit our city was maverick policy-making. You can't always get things right.

Yes, perhaps presiding over city-wide riots concerning a small bald child did not cover us in glory. I would however point to my redesign of the Tackleford Metropolitan Borough Council logo to include a cheeky cat. I think touches like that make everyone's life a little better!

ADDENDUM: The exciting conclusion of this story features my friend Natalie Durand, who was blown up by an itinerant orangutan. I don't know if you get to vote in the afterlife, where God is in charge.

APOLOGIA: Deepest apologies to Jeremy Vines, who no longer presents "The Politics Show" after I accidentally hit him in the ear with my elbow.

Scary Go Round (April 11-13, 2005)

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Stultus Maximus posted:

Because opening doors will let irreplaceable heat out faster and there's no way to warm back up when you get back indoors, wtf.
Ah, but have you considered: Inane bullshit!

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Possible solutions

1 off panel wood burning fireplace
2 haunted doll opening portal to hell
3 the power comes back
4 the other spirit haunting the house opens a portal to the beach
5 Ted Forth suddenly remembers he bought a generator.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Corto Maltese

Blueberry

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
1981 comics

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins

Mexikid Stories

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From The Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side Of The Horse

Legend of Bill

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (February 28, 2002)

Rae the Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Zippy The Pinhead

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Fingerpori

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Jul. 16, 1961)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 1/31/04

Brenda Starr 7/20/52

Smokey Stover 7/12/59

Everyday Movies 3/15/37

"Now you see, dear, if you'd only gone to church you could deduct something for contributions."

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 1/17/43

Closer Than We Think! 7/12/59

Bonus Comic! Rootie!

The Nebbishes 5/3/59

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
The lady in Val should meet up with Blueberry and they can end all wars of the west together!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

THORN, September 20-29, 1983
FALL 1983: Where There's One Rat Creature, There's Bound To Be Others!

Forum accident
Jun 15, 2006

All hail Thor...the THUNDER GOD!
Frank and Ernest

(12/20/1993)

(12/21/1993)

Ziggy

(8/19/1971)

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Selachian posted:

Closer Than We Think! 7/12/59

Unfortunately, beaming solar power from space down to Earth doesn't really make much sense vs. just putting the panels on the ground in the first place.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

Flash Gordon

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Today we learn about the exciting world of drawing perspective.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Jul. 16, 1961)

I never heard of a caravansary. Some of them are quite beautiful.

F MInus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

She's either going to see Brad or get a World's Best Dad mug and both options suck.

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

I kind of like the idea of a bad guy who does things that kind of work out well for everyone. Not like they have a change of heart and do the right thing in the end or anything, just whenever they attempt a scheme it works but in the best possible way for everyone.

Andertoons

If this looks familiar it's because it's from about two weeks ago. No idea why it's repeating so soon, but Andertoons often has issues at the beginning of the month.

Apartment 3-G

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Mark Trail should know that modern horses are not native to the US.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

What is a horse but a big spotted lanternfly?

quote:

If you see a Spotted Lanternfly in New York City, kill it immediately by stepping on it or crushing it. People living in New York City do not need to report Spotted Lanternfly sightings to the Department or collect samples at this time.

https://agriculture.ny.gov/spottedlanternfly

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
The author struggles to keep a rectangle on model between panels so Mark Trail being stupid as a strip and a person is just on brand at this point.

On top of all the other reasons the current Phantom story sucks it sure is creepy and stupid and meta that everybody can read Kit's future for him.

Uhhh... positivity... I like the conga line of near deaths Corto Maltese goes through. Crazy strip in an entertaining way. And that Blueberry story ruled, Crowe is a hell of a guy, fantastic art piece at the end there.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Psh. Thats what dogs are for.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Is Mary Worth about something? It’s been 5 days of her talking how Mustache Marine is great, then they had a sing a long and now the storyline across at least two strips is everyone leaving home for the evening.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
The Family Upstairs/The Dingbat Family(August 4, 1910)

Baron Bean(February 3, 1916)

Positive Polly/Polly and Her Pals()

Strip tomorrow

Gasoline Alley(September 22, 1919)

Us Boys(Dcember 7, 1911)

The Gumps(March 1, 1917)

Krazy Kat(November 27, 1913)

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Mokotow posted:

Is Mary Worth about something?
No.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Murdstone posted:

I never heard of a caravansary. Some of them are quite beautiful.

I didn't either until I came across the subject last year, doing some light research for a story. They sound like awesome places to meet travelers and swap stories in olden times.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

davidspackage posted:

I didn't either until I came across the subject last year, doing some light research for a story. They sound like awesome places to meet travelers and swap stories in olden times.

Medieval motel.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise: The Bluebeard Affair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadmaster
Jun 14, 2010
Val is so proud of his eldest son reaching double digits in body count.