Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

it works and that story owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Midjack posted:

it works and that story owns

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I knew about the history of ranching there but didn't know the rest of the story

good post

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

So wait if the ranch is not in operation are there still cows there just hanging out or did the orcas all eat them

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

well-read undead posted:

twitter won't show threads without an account, and nitter apparently let their cert expire and has hsts enabled lol

so guess i won't be reading that thread

nitter shut down because all their API keys were revoked or the API endpoints are gone or something

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Dans Macabre posted:

So wait if the ranch is not in operation are there still cows there just hanging out or did the orcas all eat them

the ranch was still active 10 ish years ago
I don't know when they started trying to sell it , but there's probably still cows there

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

https://farmandranch.com/property/bering-pacific-ranches

This is the ranch, the description lists a current herd of 10k

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
https://x.com/stephenasmith/status/1752782808030786006

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
this is a poster’s brass ring

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

well-read undead posted:

twitter won't show threads without an account, and nitter apparently let their cert expire and has hsts enabled lol

so guess i won't be reading that thread

thanks for reminding me to unsub from this thread b/c nitter stopped working

gently caress you elon you piece of poo poo i hope you get horribly disfigured in a cybertruck accident

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Cold on a Cob posted:

thanks for reminding me to unsub from this thread b/c nitter stopped working
hey we have other stuff too :smith:

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Kenny Logins posted:

hey we have other stuff too :smith:

someone should start a bsky+mastodon thread

not me though i don't start threads

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i don’t think this thread or subforum is so busy to need two separate places to post social media funnies

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

i am happy not touching the poop and knowing there will always be people itt willing to touch it for me

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Cold on a Cob posted:

blastodon :hellyeah:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

what i did to your mom last night:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
all threads inevitably become a list of dumb poo poo we found elsewhere on the internet

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

haveblue posted:

all threads inevitably become a list of dumb poo poo we found elsewhere on the internet

harsh way to talk about thread regulars

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

haveblue posted:

Well said. I'll post it on bash.org if you make a SAclopedia entry. Any volunteers to help me start a wiki explaining the context?

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
I like having designated low effort/group chat threads for posting specific content that made me laugh but might be too spicy/specific for my RL pals or the work slack.

I also think the POS staff does a decent job keeping/encouraging the vibes in the more discussion based threads too. But this is mere correlation than anything.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Cold on a Cob posted:

i updated the OP a while back to allow for other social media posts, maybe all we need is a title change to reflect it’s not (just) tweets anymore. i open the floor

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

YOSPOS Twits

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

tootskeets

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
skweeoots

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

haveblue posted:

skweeoots

:sax:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/bettersafetynet/status/1752692448927641890

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
that's a dumb take but so is coding in a language without a decent standard library

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

i would be lost without isOdd()

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

put the library into its own webservice, problem solved

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

https://twitter.com/james70889886/status/1753084286796804446

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
can i ask people to either post a twitter link or a screenshot but like not both? or unlink the twitter url if you wanna add a link to it? Dont care which one, just dont doubletweet like that maybe?

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

When we talk about the death of third spaces in public life, this is what we are referring to. remember what they took from you :911:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

post hole digger posted:

When we talk about the death of third spaces in public life, this is what we are referring to. remember what they took from you :911:

gather 'round boys

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

post hole digger posted:

don't they still have these in europe

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

they still have them at the legion i watch pro wrestling at

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

rotor posted:

can i ask people to either post a twitter link or a screenshot but like not both? or unlink the twitter url if you wanna add a link to it? Dont care which one, just dont doubletweet like that maybe?

you'll have to kill me, grandpa

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Cat Face Joe posted:

you'll have to kill me, grandpa

let me just make a few calls

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

rotor posted:

i have updated the op for what that’s worth

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Kenny Logins posted:

i have updated the op for what that’s worth

you are a true friend and pal, kenny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

rotor posted:

you are a true friend and pal, kenny
:tipshat: