Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier)

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Watching Lewis & seeing that outright plonker Lozza being feted (in character) as some sort of intellectual.

Snipe: 201 Room 101+100. (That is Room 101 from 1984 book not the stupid game show).

"You asked me once," said O'Brien, "what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is the worst thing in the world."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Room 201 is directly above and has to stamp on the floor to get 101 to shut up with the screaming.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Welcome to tiny brain world Lawrence . Enjoy not breing able to get a job on account of being a racist, you idiot!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

keep punching joe posted:

Welcome to tiny brain world Lawrence . Enjoy not breing able to get a job on account of being a racist, you idiot!
Hotpot? It's political correctness gone mad stew!

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
https://twitter.com/IndyLeft23/status/1752787994589769741

Sadly not him. Got my hopes up.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

It's sadly not him

https://twitter.com/iamtobster/status/1752810310824595682

e: So many people on twitter still believe it was him to the point of defending his actions, I wonder if it will inspire Fox to replicate the protest for attention? He's probably taken enough cocaine for his brain to tell him what an absolutely fantastic idea it would be.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jan 31, 2024

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Can't imagine Lozzy boy could get even a third of the way up without suffering a long-suffering-heart attack.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Shame. I’d just prepared myself for a hearty lol

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I spent a few minutes trying to understand the point they were making

https://twitter.com/PolitlcsUK/status/1752647372058853634

I failed

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Is she saying it's because they'd initially pledged (lol) to spend around £50bn on green projects?
Or is this one of the proposals where they basically stuck a massive asterisk next to every bit of spending and said "If we can afford it, I guess"?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

fuctifino posted:

I spent a few minutes trying to understand the point they were making

https://twitter.com/PolitlcsUK/status/1752647372058853634

I failed
I'm guessing it's a John Waters project of "don't vote for Labour if you're a drunk, a sexual deviant, a loose woman, or anything else that makes these orthodox Catholics not want to view you as a real person worthy of a vote."

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Feb 1, 2024

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005

fuctifino posted:

It's sadly not him

https://twitter.com/iamtobster/status/1752810310824595682

e: So many people on twitter still believe it was him to the point of defending his actions, I wonder if it will inspire Fox to replicate the protest for attention? He's probably taken enough cocaine for his brain to tell him what an absolutely fantastic idea it would be.

With any luck he'll have a crack at climbing Nelson's Column.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/GBNewsSpin/status/1752830989909328103

:allears:

Mebh
May 10, 2010

I remember chuckling smartly to myself aged 21 watching the South Park episode about making a choice between a turd sandwich and a giant douche in 2004 and thinking "hah, glad UK politics isn't that hosed and we have a reasonable choice." "What a silly country America is!"

Then I went on to "sensibly" vote for the lib Dems like a moron. Everything just got more :wtc: from there.

Lib Dems will betray you, labour are utter shits desperate for a turn at the wheel and will do anything to get it. Tories are well...Tories.

So... greens?

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Mebh posted:

I remember chuckling smartly to myself aged 21 watching the South Park episode about making a choice between a turd sandwich and a giant douche in 2004 and thinking "hah, glad UK politics isn't that hosed and we have a reasonable choice." "What a silly country America is!"

Then I went on to "sensibly" vote for the lib Dems like a moron. Everything just got more :wtc: from there.

Lib Dems will betray you, labour are utter shits desperate for a turn at the wheel and will do anything to get it. Tories are well...Tories.

So... greens?

You need a party with a singular focus; vote Sinn Féin!

:thejoke:

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Completely never going to happen hypothetical here but constitutionally what would actually happen if an abstentionist party did win a majority in the commons? I guess you'd have some insane situation where a minority govt would take over and kinda govern despite the house being more than half empty?

Mind that might be a good thing if only because there'd actually be enough room for everyone. Westminster looks so dumb by comparison to literally every other legislature with everyone packed in and yelling at each other and voting by walking through lobbies. Holyrood for all its flaws looks positively serene by comparison with each MSP having an actual dedicated seat and electronic voting and the rest of it.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

ThomasPaine posted:

Completely never going to happen hypothetical here but constitutionally what would actually happen if an abstentionist party did win a majority in the commons? I guess you'd have some insane situation where a minority govt would take over and kinda govern despite the house being more than half empty?

Mind that might be a good thing if only because there'd actually be enough room for everyone. Westminster looks so dumb by comparison to literally every other legislature with everyone packed in and yelling at each other and voting by walking through lobbies. Holyrood for all its flaws looks positively serene by comparison with each MSP having an actual dedicated seat and electronic voting and the rest of it.

Okay but if we change that then where would we be? Hundreds of years of Parliamentary tradition thrown into the Thames, and for what? Just to have a more efficient legislature that doesn't look completely clownshoes?

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

They'd stop being abstentionist for long enough to declare independence/reunification and then gently caress off, presumably.

Maybe try to pass some laws to make the independence/reunification work better, too.

On second thought this was a dumb post about a dumb premise, I don't think there'd be any appetite for it, at least within SF, since you still have all the unionists living in NI one way or another. I don't think Westminster is the biggest barrier to reunification.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Feb 1, 2024

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Ms Adequate posted:

Hundreds of years of Parliamentary tradition thrown into the Thames
Sounds good.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Guavanaut posted:

Sounds good.

Just when you thought the Thames couldn't get any more full of poo poo..

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Given how often MPs show up to vote, abstentionism wouldn't be too much of a difference.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Genuinely unable to even begin to comprehend the mindset where Badenoch has the voter “x factor”

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Are we sure it's not Lozza? He is a highly skilled actor after all

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
They should bring back fathers for justice imo. If some red faced da is going to scale a monument at least do it dressed as batman.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

smellmycheese posted:

Genuinely unable to even begin to comprehend the mindset where Badenoch has the voter “x factor”

Badenoch is bright enough I guess to go "lol gently caress that poo poo" and know it's a poisoned chalice.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Communist Bear posted:

Badenoch is bright enough I guess to go "lol gently caress that poo poo" and know it's a poisoned chalice.

She literally is not. She already tried for it once.

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF CURRENT EVENTS IS EXCEEDED ONLY BY MY UNQUENCHABLE THIRST FOR PISS. FUK U AMERIKKKA!!
Yesterday's man, and all that, but has corbs made any indication whether he's gonna stand as an indy in this election? Or is he so committed to labour he'll bow out gracefully as the party rat fucks him?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Remember to vote for Labour, the good guys

https://twitter.com/ApsanaBegumMP/status/1753001287992361030?t=68nva81NYI8hQPEkxWW5dg&s=19

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Aaaaahahahaha Reeves has just sworn not to raise corporation tax above 25%, because of course she loving has.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Incredible stuff

https://twitter.com/i_ammukhtar/status/1753041405260313026?s=46

For non Twitter enjoyers - Laurence Fox performed a parody version of the Haka twice in front of the judge, as well as being tremendously racist.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Laurence Fox on his way to be non-racist in court (2024)

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I really hope he does that podcast reenactment.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

pumpinglemma posted:

Aaaaahahahaha Reeves has just sworn not to raise corporation tax above 25%, because of course she loving has.

:pathetic:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Finally a commitment they won’t flip flop on

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/implausibleblog/status/1752244756455834041

quote:

Kay Burley, "What was he like in court?"

Crystal, "Erratic, defensive. He used the N word in the box.. He defended black face.. He couldn't agree that saying: I hate black people, was a racist statement.. It was really hard to watch"

DO THE PODCASTS LOZZA!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I am not a lawyer but if I were accused of being racist I would personally not loving say n—r in front of a judge nor go on a rant about 'big black rapists'.

loving hell, what a piece of poo poo.

"Mr Fox, you have been accused of being a racist, what do you do?" "I put on my robe and Grand Wizard hat"

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Twas a mere ideological flourish my lord

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

This just popped up on my feed :allears:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

You'd think he'd have learned from the whole Liam Neeson thing, that 'one black person did something bad and so now I am prejudiced against all black people' is, in fact, a very racist thing to think and say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I'm reminded of Jon Ronson's infiltration of the KKK in America, where he wrote about the distinction between the 'formal racists' who are like "oh golly gee I'd never say the n-word I just think that nice hwyite families need to be given preferential treatment in law" and the 'dirty racists' who are straight up "we're back and we're bigger, ain't you glad you're not a...", which also reminded me of Khaya Dlanga's piece To hell with polite racism.

So the one thing I can think to say about Laurence Fox is that at least he's not hiding behind polite racism, the sorry oval office. Sies man! You touched me!