Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Gutcruncher posted:

His only crime was being way way way too popular

By far the most popular character, so much fan mail, from people that could see the future especially!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I thought the Argyle guy could only make movies based on insufferable edgy comics, was it not a comic originally?? what the heck??

billymumphrey
Mar 2, 2022
Guess who said this???

"Her documentaries are amazing. Her idea for the story is cool as poo poo. No spoilers, but she gave me a rundown of the entire story. If it weren’t amazing, I would have been like, ‘OK, call me in five years.’ But it’s worthwhile."

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Diablo Cody

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Rich Evans

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

priznat posted:

I thought the Argyle guy could only make movies based on insufferable edgy comics, was it not a comic originally?? what the heck??

It's based on a novel ghostwritten by Taylor Swift.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

^^ lol!

Britney Spears!

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Obviously she's just playing the game and I don't blame her, get that money, but I feel like if you actually cared you would want to see a script. Even then it might not be what gets filmed!

Taking a verbal pitch of "this is my idea for the story" as something remotely likely to actually happen in a disney wars production context is a complete joke, and she would know

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

billymumphrey posted:

Guess who said this???

"Her documentaries are amazing. Her idea for the story is cool as poo poo. No spoilers, but she gave me a rundown of the entire story. If it weren’t amazing, I would have been like, ‘OK, call me in five years.’ But it’s worthwhile."

Harrison Ford

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Bill Murray

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
actors saying they wouldn't have done a movie if they didn't believe in it has become such a huge red flag lol

"hey so, before anybody watches this movie, I just want to say that I only did it because I thought it would be good. I definitely wouldn't just do it for money or if I thought it would be bad. I'm trying my best under the belief that it will be good. just want you to know that now, before you watch it okay? :)"

it's like that episode of TNG where Picard is replaced by a duplicate and the duplicate insists on going in for a physical with Dr. Crushereven though there's nothing wrong with him and Riker is like "almost as if he wanted to establish that there was nothing wrong with him."

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The Argyle looks fun :shrug:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Gripweed posted:

I still think the best idea for a sequel is that it takes place at a Ghostbusters franchise location. The only time you see any of the old guys is Bill Murray in an anti-union video they have to watch as part of employee training.

Not a franchise, make them underemployed millennials gig-working the Bustr app.

Bill Murray as the rear end in a top hat CEO whose mistreatment of his workers and lax attitude towards safety causes a massive spectral event, largely due to there being Too Many Ghostbusters.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I feel like the experience of *starring* in star wars 9 has to be a pretty wild reality check.

I certainly can't blame her if her reaction is to say what's necessary to collect the bag and absolutely mentally check out

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

priznat posted:

Hey did you know that "Guy Who Only Makes Movies Based On Insufferable Edgy Comics" wants to make a Superman movie based on the insufferably edgy comic Superman: Red Son?

When I first heard about Red Son it seemed like a really neat idea with what would happen if Clark landed in Russia instead of Kansas. But then the more I read the more I realized it was just going to do the same drat poo poo with a coat of red paint on it. So of course it's considered a masterpiece.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Starting in a Star Wars prequel wouldve been awesome. You stand around and mumble a bit in a green room, then you get millions of dollars plus royalties forever.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

lol they said on the Greatest Gen podcast this dude got kicked off the show because he was on a temp contract but had a great idea to fake a fan letter campaign to get himself picked up permanently. But he got busted because the show aired in a different order than he thought it would and the letters referenced episodes that hadn't aired.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

The Argyle looks fun :shrug:

If you are simple, perhaps

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

PostNouveau posted:

lol they said on the Greatest Gen podcast this dude got kicked off the show because he was on a temp contract but had a great idea to fake a fan letter campaign to get himself picked up permanently. But he got busted because the show aired in a different order than he thought it would and the letters referenced episodes that hadn't aired.

Serves that "result of Riker and a bowl of mashed potatoes having a transporter accident" mother fucker right

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://consequence.net/2024/01/argylle-review-matthew-vaughn/

quote:

However, less successfully used is the “new” Beatles song “Now and Then”, which isn’t necessarily a bad song — it made Consequence’s Best 200 Songs of 2023 list — but proves to be distracting and a bit overwrought. (Especially since its usage in the film might also constitute a plot hole.)

Gross, that song sucked and isn't anywhere near the best Beatles track :barf:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

Hey did you know that "Guy Who Only Makes Movies Based On Insufferable Edgy Comics" wants to make a Superman movie based on the insufferably edgy comic Superman: Red Son?

When I first heard about Red Son it seemed like a really neat idea with what would happen if Clark landed in Russia instead of Kansas. But then the more I read the more I realized it was just going to do the same drat poo poo with a coat of red paint on it. So of course it's considered a masterpiece.

Mark Millar is the worst. He makes Garth Ennis seem like a nuanced storyteller.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

priznat posted:

Mark Millar is the worst. He makes Garth Ennis seem like a nuanced storyteller.

Girth Penis

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Gripweed posted:

I still think the best idea for a sequel is that it takes place at a Ghostbusters franchise location. The only time you see any of the old guys is Bill Murray in an anti-union video they have to watch as part of employee training.

Yeah that’s the most logical progression and the most entertaining option to go with. The whole Ghostbusters business being turned into a giant soulless franchise with Bill Murray as the douche-bag CEO would be hilarious a great extension of the first film. But Hollywood can only think in terms of nostalgia bait and dumb kiddie poo poo, so we’re getting soft-reboot number 3 instead.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

It’s gonna be real funny when Bill Murray is the only ghostbusters actor still alive and he’s contractually obligated to keep showing up in these loving things.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Monkey Fracas posted:

Japan has approximately 5000 yokai to play around with

Blasting the hopping umbrella ghost wearing a sandal with a directed energy weapon

exactly, give me tokusatsu ghostbusters vs the yokai

bust the slit mouth woman too

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

The new ghostbusters movie should not have any ghosts or ghostbusters in it and instead be a documentary about Bill Murray trying to steal the secret unreleased Wu-Tang album from Martin Skrelli as per Skrellis contract with the RZA.

Wu tang posted:

Bill Murray has specific legal permission to attempt to steal Once Upon A Time In Shaolin, heist-style, from Martin Shkreli. If he so chooses, he can even call in RZA, GZA, Ghostface Killah and the entire Wu-Tang Clan to be his entourage.

Actually why the gently caress isn't Spike Lee making this right now????

Kingo Ligma fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Feb 1, 2024

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Kingo Ligma posted:

The new ghostbusters movie should not have any ghosts or ghostbusters in it and instead be a documentary about Bill Murray trying to steal the secret unreleased Wu-Tang album from Martin Skrelli as per Skrellis contract with the RZA.

Actually why the gently caress isn't Spike Lee making this right now????

Was this an official press release by the Wu Tang Clan? Lmao

That should definitely happen.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
these were real contractual stipulations in the agreement for selling that album to Shkreli.

the feds own it now, though

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Empty Sandwich posted:

these were real contractual stipulations in the agreement for selling that album to Shkreli.

the feds own it now, though

Wanna see Bill and the boys break into Fort Knox to get the album

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

CaptainBeefart posted:

It's based on a novel ghostwritten by Taylor Swift.

gently caress I'm probably going to be dragged to see this

e:

Sunk Dunk posted:

Girth Penis

lol

kalel fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Feb 1, 2024

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Sunk Dunk posted:

Girth Penis

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

if ron howard's talentless nepo baby is in a movie, that's a surefire sign you've got total poo poo. I feel like you'd have to have actual contempt for movies in order to cast her

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
lol, I'm sure this series finale they did not know was the series finale when they were making it will be great

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

watched the talented mr ripley at the alamo

had difficulty engaging with this one. probably because of the gentleman to my left who laughed a little too hard and readily at every joke or awkward moment. but also because, I feel like the whole movie is entirely miscast. damon is doing the good will hunting thing but worse. jude law's accent is distractingly bad. paltrow can't act, period. even PSH, though hilarious and clearly having the time of his life chewing the scenery, looks too old for his role. jack davenport (remember him?) and cate blanchett are great, hitting the right balance between affluent, charming and apathetic, but are less present and less important save for the final act. I was at times entertained during the fun bits and anxious during the suspenseful ones, but I kept getting kind of bored, which I realized I'm not used to. because this moviegoing month has been a string of films that have gripped my attention completely

regarding recent films that may or may not be similar, is it still worth it to seek out saltburn?

Argyle Gargoyle
Apr 1, 2009

ABSTRACT SHAPES CREW

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

I can't believe argyle isn't getting good reviews. the critics will pay for besmirching argyle

Nobody besmirches me and gets away with it

Argyle Gargoyle
Apr 1, 2009

ABSTRACT SHAPES CREW

So after that Blackcoats Daughter screening tonight Im curious what the thread felt about it whenever they saw it. Didnt care for it myself story-wise

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

kalel posted:

regarding recent films that may or may not be similar, is it still worth it to seek out saltburn?

I’d say yes. Saltburn answers the question “What if The Talented Mr Ripley was trashy?” Go in expecting something closer to a hard-R Cruel Intentions and your expectations will be met. Also, it’s free on Prime right now so why not?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
blackcoat's daughter sounds like a decemberists song

colin meroy would be all like "she griiieved me / the blackcoat's daughter / the blackcoat's dauuuughter / the blackcoat's dau-aughter"
and I'd be like gently caress yeah man. I don't know what that means but it;s sad as hell

Cubone
May 26, 2011

LanceHunter posted:

I’d say yes. Saltburn answers the question “What if The Talented Mr Ripley was trashy?”
lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Argyle Gargoyle posted:

So after that Blackcoats Daughter screening tonight Im curious what the thread felt about it whenever they saw it. Didnt care for it myself story-wise

Yeah I really did not like the story and thought it was stupid while trying to be OoooOOOooo clever!