Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

clicked the permaban link and

well

that's certainly a thread title that exists in my browser history now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The only thing that should be saved from that thread is CliffyB’s post. That’s right, the creator of Gears of War posted about how the underaged Olsen twins were hot 20 something years ago

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
cliffeh

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Danaru posted:

I still have to make it through both Judgement games and 7 before I can even get to Gaiden :saddumb: And I still have to decide when in the series to play Isshin

I played Ishin after 7 and it seemed pretty perfect. It's not that long and Gaiden is super short so you'll remember everything at the end of 7 easily

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

imagining how much it must have sucked to be a kid whose uncle actually did work at nintendo

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

very risky blowjob posted:

imagining how much it must have sucked to be a kid whose uncle actually did work at nintendo

"My uncle Bowser used to work for Nintendo I swear!!"

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

very risky blowjob posted:

it would be and is an honor. check yourself.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Violen posted:

it would be and is an honor. check yourself.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

pentyne posted:

the series of posts that followed his permaban were almost too perfect to sum up his entire forum experience

you forgot the punchline

LazyMaybe posted:

If you look ad hed's rapsheet you'll see that...

...he was only allowed to continue posting in the first place on the grounds that he never mention anything related to sex ever again.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Holes the book actually owns the premise makes it seem like just a kids versus adults story but at a camp instead of a school but it's basically Surreal Magical Realism For Kids.

It also gets a shoutout in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 6

mycot fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Feb 1, 2024

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
permaban cliffyb

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I just beat AC6 NG++ secret ending, that was a fun couple fights at the end. Good game, recommend it to any Mecha fans

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

mycot posted:

Holes the book actually owns the premise makes it seem like just a kids versus adults story but at a camp instead of a school but it's basically Surreal Magical Realism For Kids.

It also gets a shoutout in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 6

It was a really good book, never watched the movie though

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I’ve never read nor seen Holes but the Wayside School books kicked rear end so Louis Sachar ftw imo.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

lol I didn't know this. Some admin is going to come home one day and discover that someone broke into their house and left a refurbished console.

The Kins posted:

pre:
> open closet

You find a bunch of old clutter left behind by Chet's parents, first from when
they used this as the spare room, then from when it was the nursery for Chet
himself. There's a lot of history in this pile, and also probably a lot of gross
birth fluids or whatever it is that happens.

> examine clutter

You give a cursory, half-hearted browse of the cultural rubble. This room must've
also been the man cave before Chet showed up. Man, if walls could talk...

Of the debris, the two items that catch your eye are a battered Playstation 3
and a clothing catalog.

> examine playstation 3

It appears to be late model. You don't know what firmware it's on, but you're
pretty sure it doesn't have the PS2 backwards compatibility stuff.

> take playstation 3

Taken.

> take playstation 3 games

I don't know what "playstation 3 games" is.

> examine catalog

A catalog for one of the many kids clothing stores that used to litter stripmalls
from coast to coast. "BACK 2 SKOOL!" is printed on the front in enthusiastic
Comic Sans, above a fellow twelve year old dressed in a baggy school uniform
and shades giving the least enthusiastic thumbs up ever.

There but for the grace of God, huh?

> take catalog

Taken.

> place playstation 3 on windowsill

You carefully place the games console on the windowsill, making sure it doesn't
fall off into the yard below. That'd be hard to explain to Chet's parents.

> place catalog on windowsill.

You slip the catalog half-under the PS3 to keep it from blowing away in the
evening breeze.

> south

Bleary-eyed, you take a few steps into the kitchen to grab a quick lemonade
before bed.

Behind you, you suddenly hear a frenzy of activity from the room you just left.
It lasts all of a second, with the slam of a window acting as the dot on an
exclamation point of noise.

> north

You step back into the bedroom, and witness a preculiar sight. The catalog has
vanished completely, and the Playstation 3 has been hooked up to a period-
appropriate CRT television (that wasn't there before) running Bonk's Adventure in
a version of MAME that's older than you are. As the attract mode loops silently
and endlessly, you get the feeling that you've appeased some mysterious entity,
and that it's spared your life in return.

The rest of the night is uneventful. You fall asleep shortly thereafter and your
parents pick you up in the morning. As the neighborhood rushes by your passenger-
seat window, you reflect on the previous night and wonder - did kids REALLY grow
up playing Bonk's Adventure? Because wow, that game kinda blows.

** You Survived **

** You scored 69 points out of a possible 420 **

Would you like to RESTORE a saved position, RESTART the story, UNDO the last
move, see your FULL SCORE, or QUIT?

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I’ve never read nor seen Holes but the Wayside School books kicked rear end so Louis Sachar ftw imo.

There's a third and fourth Wayside School book from 1995 and 2020. I need to check them out.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

UwUnabomber posted:

There's a third and fourth Wayside School book from 1995 and 2020. I need to check them out.

I didn't realize the originals were so much older, the 1995 book was the first one I read I think. The lady with a third ear on top of her head freaked me out for a long time.

Still want to get a tattoo of a potato.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Wayside School is good poo poo.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Waste of Breath posted:

I didn't realize the originals were so much older, the 1995 book was the first one I read I think. The lady with a third ear on top of her head freaked me out for a long time.

Still want to get a tattoo of a potato.

Bro the guy who's made of dead rats.

Boob Cop
Jan 1, 2023

Fajita Queen posted:

The jerky stuff is funny but now I'm kinda tempted to order some after checking out the thread and website. Jerky fuckin rules.

I work in a butcher shop and I have a couple of keto freaks that buy back-bacon to make jerky with

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It was purple.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

there was also that word/math puzzle book in the Wayside School series

Scholastic book fairs ftw

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
I like the stories about the missing Twilight Zone classroom with adults trapped in the fifth grade on the missing floor.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
cliffy is a stand up comedian now he's going to be famous and you're jealous

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
now my cliffyb impression: im a neurotic nerd who likes to sleep with little girls.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Wormskull posted:

"Dead" is a bad word, and you'll have to go home on the kindergarten bus.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Wormskull posted:

I'll let you wrap your noodle around why I shouldn't be reading these books around my kid for reasons I think should be obvious in this thread and then I'll let you consider my linebacker of a husband and extrapolate his taste in men and then figure out why he shouldn't be reading that book around our kid.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That DICK! posted:

I'll let you wrap your noodle around why I shouldn't be reading these books around my kid for reasons I think should be obvious in this thread and then I'll let you consider my linebacker of a husband and extrapolate his taste in men and then figure out why he shouldn't be reading that book around our kid.

lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

TRUEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I think I remember reading Holes but possibly not very much of it. It's pretty drat bleak at the start and I think I didn't have much patience for those kind of stories as a kid. Life was bleak enough as it is.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
consider ye mine linebacker husband

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

That DICK! posted:

:distonk:

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Holes is a good book and I like the movie too.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Mr sir

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Yeah those posts get more disturbing every time I read them. I finally clicked through and realized it was some permabanned weirdo doing gimmick posting.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
does anyone have grandmother of fives pokemon go treatise lol

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I liked Holes The Book but the only thing I know about the movie is it kicked off Shia LaBoeuf's descent into madness

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

living in the woods

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

living in the woods

i sleep in a car in my employer's parking lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I used to watch the Wayside cartoon back when. Shame it only got two seasons. Sweet pop-punk intro, too