Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
Maybe it's the circles I'm in, but I'm seeing a lot of "never Biden" posting for honestly frankly understandable and principled reasons.

How likely is that to be much of a threat? I'm assuming a lot of those people vote independently or not at all anyway.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Disco Pope posted:

Maybe it's the circles I'm in, but I'm seeing a lot of "never Biden" posting for honestly frankly understandable and principled reasons.

How likely is that to be much of a threat? I'm assuming a lot of those people vote independently or not at all anyway.

lol I will never ever understand that attitude, when facing someone like Trump.

The Purity Brigade can't be sullied though, I've learned.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

That chart probably matches the 2023 thread lol chart pretty well

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

soooo 100k net debt?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

dr_rat posted:

So um, what happens if the RNC just straight up goes bankrupt? I assume some billionaire would bail them out right?

If the RNC folded, could the current RNC elected house/senate members still run as republicans next election? Would they have to start a new party and call themselves that?

Acererick Scott opens up the Tomb of GOP Horrors to all Congress

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Kings of debt

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

The only candidate I've ever donated to was Bernie Sanders in 2016, and I donated a handful of times. I'm not even a big fan of Joe Biden but to celebrate the RNC's worst fundraising year in three decades I went ahead and sent money to both Biden-Harris as well as the Biden Victory Fund.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Disco Pope posted:

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Disco Pope posted:

What sorts of people are they? Are they full-on MAGA cultists just astroturfing or are they more sane/left and just want Biden nailed on his support for Israel? I think the latter can be reasoned with. Maybe.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Florida bill would make it defamation to accuse someone of racism, sexism, homophobia and transphobia

quote:

A bill introduced in the Florida Senate would make it defamation to accuse someone of racism, sexism, homophobia or transphobia, which could total the freedom of speech in the Sunshine State.

SB 1780 — "Defamation, False Light, and Unauthorized Publication of Name or Likeness," which was introduced on Friday — would make it easier for an individual to sue another person for defamation.

According to the measure, "an allegation that the plaintiff has discriminated against another person or group because of their race, sex, sexual orientation, or gender identity constitutes defamation per se." So even when these allegations are false, they are automatically defamatory.

https://www.cbsnews.com/miami/news/florida-bill-would-make-it-defamation-to-accuse-someone-of-racism-sexism-homophobia-and-transphobia/

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

dr_rat posted:

So um, what happens if the RNC just straight up goes bankrupt? I assume some billionaire would bail them out right?

If the RNC folded, could the current RNC elected house/senate members still run as republicans next election? Would they have to start a new party and call themselves that?

The party apparatus would still exist. They'd wind up having a much more difficult time with day to day operations since a lot of things run on credit. If they can't use that, then good luck rumning TV ads, maintaining campaign facilities, or just paying the people who have to make the party a full time job. But people could still say they're republicans and run for office on their own campaign funds as republicans. The party is the coordination system, but there's plenty of other ways to keep the evil flowing.

Realistically, though, they're going to be taking money from some rich rear end in a top hat (probably in Russia) to keep the lights on and prevent the death spiral.

Or they could reorganize as the new Know Nothings. That's easy since they already know nothing.

kazil posted:

That chart probably matches the 2023 thread lol chart pretty well

I wouldn't worry about that. Cultists rushing to the aid of the messiah when he's threatened is understandable. And their money is a drop in the bucket for Trump's needs.

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Feb 1, 2024

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

What’s funny is that is a group of over 800 and only about 30 are shown playing. Which is pretty good

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

dr_rat posted:

It would mean the national campaign arm of the Republican Party can’t pay staff, can’t buy ads, can’t send money to candidates in smaller local races, etc. It wouldn’t be the end of the party, but it could have several knock-on effects in races up and down the ballot.

For example, if they can’t pay a full-time Get Out The Vote operation in a rural county in Wisconsin, they may lose a couple thousand votes, which might not make a difference for local races there, but could end up mattering in the presidential election. :lol:

Explodingdice
Jun 28, 2023

tek79 posted:

What sorts of people are they? Are they full-on MAGA cultists just astroturfing or are they more sane/left and just want Biden nailed on his support for Israel? I think the latter can be reasoned with. Maybe.

I've seen more than a few on bluesky, and with pretty well all of them it's been over Israel. I'm hopeful that it's just talk while we wait for the nominations to be confirmed. I mean, it's understandable but its not like Trump presents a better option there. I'd be open to primarying someone inspiring against Biden, but there just isn't anyone out there at the moment.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

dr_rat posted:

I assume they'd just be running without the financial support of a national political institution. presumably the impoverished party leaders would work for free whatever dark money they can secure, but significantly less outside help to run TV ads, comp flights to rallies, or pay bribes to bury embarrassing problems.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Loser loses again.

U.K. judge dismisses Donald Trump's lawsuit over "Steele dossier"

quote:

London — A judge in London on Thursday threw out a lawsuit by former U.S. President Donald Trump accusing a former British spy of making "shocking and scandalous claims" that were false and harmed his reputation. Judge Karen Steyn said there were "no compelling reasons" to let the case Trump filed against Orbis Business go to trial.

The company was founded by Christopher Steele, who created a dossier in 2016 that contained rumors and uncorroborated allegations that caused a political storm just before Trump's inauguration.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-steele-dossier-uk-judge-dismisses-lawsuit-vs-orbis-business/

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Shishkahuben posted:

I assume they'd just be running without the financial support of a national political institution. presumably the impoverished party leaders would work for free whatever dark money they can secure, but significantly less outside help to run TV ads, comp flights to rallies, or pay bribes to bury embarrassing problems.

To be honest it’s debatable how much it would even hurt them as in a lot of areas the polical party is more a landed aristocracy that couldn’t lose if they wanted to. It would probably do more damage to swing areas but those are pretty few and far between anymore

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Explodingdice posted:

I've seen more than a few on bluesky, and with pretty well all of them it's been over Israel. I'm hopeful that it's just talk while we wait for the nominations to be confirmed. I mean, it's understandable but its not like Trump presents a better option there. I'd be open to primarying someone inspiring against Biden, but there just isn't anyone out there at the moment.

Nobody votes based on foreign policy. People who follow foreign policy are rare freaks who live in the sewers and are completely detached from the world.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
In TYOOL 2024 it's good to hear about someone like John Romero actually being good, in a sea where the world is constantly telling us how bad people are.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

tek79 posted:

I don’t talk politics outside SA or close friends/family, but it’s funny seeing deranged CSPAM leftists say stuff like “Me and everyone I know will never vote Biden after [issue]!” As though their 5 votes in NYC or Tacoma or whatever will bring down his vile centrism.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Also lol that the way to punish Israel is to elect Drongus Trump

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

not shocking. the base is sending money to trump and alot of offcial money ends up for trump. the billionares are backing haley or sitting out, even sacks of poo poo like thiel are sitting out to a degree. the true believers have scourged out the people who can make cash too.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

I don’t talk politics outside SA or close friends/family, but it’s funny seeing deranged CSPAM leftists say stuff like “Me and everyone I know will never vote Biden after [issue]!” As though their 5 votes in NYC or Tacoma or whatever will bring down his vile centrism.

Yeah gently caress them deranged leftist unlike me the rational leftist who by the way hates leftist circular firing squads unless they are aimed at the right targets of course

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

The Grimace posted:

In TYOOL 2024 it's good to hear about someone like John Romero actually being good, in a sea where the world is constantly telling us how bad people are.

gently caress sakes, enough with the doomposting :rolleyes:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Though I'm not sure I even believe there is an ongoing conflict in Palestine / Israel, despite what the media claim. My favorite son in law Jared Kushner solved the Israeli conflict once and for all with his ultimate middle east deal.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

steinrokkan posted:

Nobody votes based on foreign policy. People who follow foreign policy are rare freaks who live in the sewers and are completely detached from the world.

I think this kind of sentiment extremely underestimates how informed a lot of the youth vote is. That isn't to say they won't vote Biden or will vote Trump, but I think a large portion are very aware of foreign policy.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Disco Pope posted:

way less then they pretend. I think it can cause some issues in michigan, but honestly its only speeding up the slow split thats been happening since the dems went more socially progressives. also alot of the online lefties wernt gonna vote anyway. id be more worried if it was the normies like my parents or moderate relatives, but they are still in the "yeah gently caress trump is scary, not happy about biden but he is ok" box. while some of those people have mixed feelings about the i/p horror show. none of them blame biden for it and none of them are changing a vote over it and i think thats kinda the case nationally.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Feb 1, 2024

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

kazil posted:

I think this kind of sentiment extremely underestimates how informed a lot of the youth vote is. That isn't to say they won't vote Biden or will vote Trump, but I think a large portion are very aware of foreign policy.

Vast swathes of the vanishingly small terminally online demographic that would never vote anyway

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

There's your problem. Twitter and its clones are pure brain poison. Put that poo poo in the garbage where it belongs and go do something better with your life.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Saying no one follows foreign policy is pretty funny considering Reagan himself got the presidency by exploiting foreign policy pretty skillfully and extremely coldly

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

steinrokkan posted:

Vast swathes of the vanishingly small terminally online demographic that would never vote anyway

If you say so. Ignoring the youth vote seems like a winning plan.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

kazil posted:

If you say so. Ignoring the youth vote seems like a winning plan.

As opposed to pretending that the youth vote is something it isn't without any evidence?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Though ultimately the point of this thread is to be the this is good….for Biden thread. Every piece of news is good and if it’s bad that’s just doom posting and you wouldn’t want to be a doomposter would you comrade? Because that’s something a Russian would do

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark

Disco Pope posted:

Trump even won in the first place so I'd say it's a possible real thing, but like the whole "Bernie bros voted for Trump" thing that was pushed by the DNC also happened so I doubt they're a significant group to worry about.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.
Okay but what the gently caress is with the mugs they're selling on the Biden-Harris website?

What the hell is it supposed to be communicating? Who okayed this?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

steinrokkan posted:

As opposed to pretending that the youth vote is something it isn't without any evidence?

I could show you all the polls that show Biden's terrible numbers with the youth vote but I have a feeling it will be immediately dismissed.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Accipiter posted:

Okay but what the gently caress is with the mugs they're selling on the Biden-Harris website?

it came out after the dark brandon poo poo a couple months after the fact. its whatever. i dont get offended by them chasing stupid meme poo poo.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Guessing it's some kinda Dark Brandon thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Accipiter posted:

This kinda rules tho?

I love how Dark Brandon suddenly disappeared as soon as the Biden campaign coopted it