Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

VictualSquid posted:

That Teflon story is part of the backstory for Portal 2, I think.

Some Pretzels with raclette cheese, cold and coagulated.

The curse is that in America this would cost $10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

VictualSquid posted:

Some Pretzels with raclette cheese, cold and coagulated.

I had one. Great even cold.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Wouldn't mind having one right now. Laugenbrötchen with cheese is pretty good too.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Why is it not a racletzel

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

Took me a minute to realize it was German when reading "Vegetarisch" thinking it was "vegetarian-ish"

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Flipperwaldt posted:

Why is it not a racletzel

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

https://twitter.com/tokyodilf/status/1752129279490408577

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Seems pretty sealed to me

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Why would you try to vacuum seal bread?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
actually works great on naan and chapatis

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Presumably "Dish Granted" appears in the middle of your vision in the Dark Souls font once you've managed to choke it down.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Vacuum sealing bread will get you raided by the Brotpolizei. Remember: Alle Cops Ahnden Brotverbrechen.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Antigravitas posted:

Vacuum sealing bread will get you raided by the Brotpolizei. Remember: Alle Cops Ahnden Brotverbrechen.

Remember it? I can't even pronounce it!

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

CzarChasm posted:

Remember it? I can't even pronounce it!

Vacuum sealing bread is universally verbroten

:colbert:

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
Salad (or sallet) originally meant a bunch of ingredients served together in a bowl without having been cooked together and most commonly meant exactly the German or Midwestern notion, from the late medieval period until Americans randomly decided it would mean only lettuce with raw vegetables for some reason during the 20th century

InediblePenguin has a new favorite as of 01:37 on Jan 31, 2024

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

quote:

Sherry-Shrimp Aspic

2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
3 1/2 cups tomato juice
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup tomato paste
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon celery powder
1 dash hot sauce
2 teaspoons dillweed
3 cups finely chopped cooked shrimp
1/2 teaspoon sherry extract
Garnish: Sliced cucubmers and melba toast

Sprinkle gelatin over tomato juice in saucepan. Place over moderate heat and stir gently until gelatin is dissolved.

Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, celery powder, hot sauce, and dillweed. Cool and chill.

When mixture begins to jell (will be consistency of unbeaten egg whites), stir in chopped shrimp and sherry extract. Turn into lightly oiled 6 cup mold. Cover and chill until set. Unmold and garnish with sliced cucumbers and melba toast.

Yield: About 4-6 servings.

Individual Shrimp Aspics

Follow above instructions but add 1/2 tablespoon (1/2 envelope) extra gelatin to tomato juice. Pour shrimp-tomato mixture into individual fish molds or muffin tins (3″ x 2 1/2″); chill until firm; unmold and serve on salad plates garnished with watercress and dollop of imitation mayonnaise.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

InediblePenguin posted:

Salad (or sallet) originally meant a bunch of ingredients served together in a bowl without having been cooked together and most commonly meant exactly the German or Midwestern notion, from the late medieval period until Americans randomly decided it would mean only lettuce with raw vegetables for some reason during the 20th century

Salat is both Salad and Lettuce in German, which makes it funnier.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Salaatti:

Sallatti (which is also a salaatti):

(Thread-relevant as the whipped cream there looks... not much like whipped cream.)

e: Bonus

Sillisalaatti:

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 15:21 on Jan 31, 2024

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I've been called silly and slutty before, myself

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Brawnfire posted:

I've been called silly and slutty before, myself

*Willem Dafoe in Spider-man*
"You know I'm something of a dumb slut myself"

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Looks like a bad video game texture.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I just realized I hate those yellow-streaked dishes. What's up with that - they don't even look like Arabia!

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

drat. I really want beets now, maybe I'll pick some up when I go to the grocery store next.

VV This happens to me 90% of the time I eat beets. Still worth it (though golden beets, when available, mitigate this issue.) VV

Shooting Blanks has a new favorite as of 16:44 on Jan 31, 2024

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Beet salad loving owns bones, even if I end up forgetting I had beets hours later and freaking out briefly when I go to the bathroom.

CzarChasm posted:

*Willem Dafoe in Spider-man*

think I found a new signature

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

CzarChasm posted:

*Willem Dafoe in Boondock Saints*

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Salads were definitely a big bowl of green stuff as early as 1606, given how ole Willy used the term

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

My salad days, When I was yellowish in judgment, cold in Mayo.

RoeCocoa
Oct 23, 2010

^ :golfclap:

The Dumb Marketing Moves thread recently rediscovered this hardy perennial (spoiler tags are mine; 2011 was a bad time and Porizj a bad poster):

quote:

It is my firm belief that man can subsist on nothing more then chili and anger.

To that end, I have decided to share my own favorite chili recipe with the lot of you, so that you may convert your shame and anger into chili and anger. In this way, I am the best humanitarian who has ever or will ever survive.

I'm going to be breaking a few sacred chili rules here. Too bad; I apologize to no one.

Ingredients:

1 & 1/2 to 2 lbs of ground PORK (perfect way to uncover jews)
2 packages of french onion soup mix (be prepared for your chili to surrender)
2 tablespoons of chili powder (less if you're a baby, more if you're a man)
4 teaspoons of ground cumin (omit this and I will devour your soul)
1 teaspoon of black pepper (slightly racist)
1/2 teaspoon of salt (or none if you're heaving a heart attack right now)
6 ejaculations (squirts) of Tabasco sauce
1 21-ounce can of red beans and 1 21-ounce can of black beans (I have a dream)
2 6-ounce cans of tomato paste with garlic (regular tomato paste = you're an rear end in a top hat)
2 8-ounce cans of tomato sauce (real men need more than just paste)
1 yellow, orange or red pepper, chopped up (green peppers are Satan's taint)
1 package of sliced mushrooms (yes, you can slice your own mushrooms, smartass)

Instructions:

Put the meat in a huge chili pot and brown it over medium heat
Add 4 cups of water and the french onion soup mix. Stir and let simmer for 10 minutes
Stir in the spices and the Tabasco and simmer for another minute or two
Add the beans, the mushrooms and the chopped pepper
Turn to low and let simmer for at least 20 minutes, 40 is better, stirring every 5-10
Call your mother and tell her she's not allowed to hug you anymore

And that's it, you're done. You just went from a pathetic, flaccid pushover to a chili-chewing boner-owner in about an hour. Your life will thank me.

Who's next? Don't even think about posting a recipe with corn in it. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The french onion soup mix tho

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

The chili recipe really reminds me of that stage in learning to cook where people just add stuff with no thought or plan as to why. Just operating on the idea that more ingredients=better.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

im the 'ejaculations' of tabasco

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

RoeCocoa posted:

The Dumb Marketing Moves thread recently rediscovered this hardy perennial (spoiler tags are mine; 2011 was a bad time and Porizj a bad poster):

Oh, but you left out the killing blow response!

loose-fish
Apr 1, 2005
I'm the 1 (one) pepper in your chili, enjoy. I guess the soup mix is mostly salt but the measly 1/2 teaspoon of salt still makes me angry.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

loose-fish posted:

I'm the 1 (one) pepper in your chili, enjoy. I guess the soup mix is mostly salt but the measly 1/2 teaspoon of salt still makes me angry.

I had to check

Lipton French Onion Soup Mix posted:

Onions (Dehydrated), Salt, Corn Starch, Onion Powder, Sugar, Soy Sauce (Fermented Soybeans, Wheat and Salt), Caramel Color (Sulfites), Maltodextrin, Corn Syrup (Dehydrated), Yeast Extract, High Oleic Sunflower Oil, Disodium Guanylate, Disodium Inosinate.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
It's 2am chili somewhere

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
French onion soup mix is MSG for white people. It's addition to chili is certainly not mushrooms.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

RoeCocoa posted:

^ :golfclap:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3406045&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1 for anyone with archives. A loving terrible thread and general style of posting with a great burn on the first page

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I bet that chili is wet as hell.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Butterfly Valley posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3406045&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1 for anyone with archives. A loving terrible thread and general style of posting with a great burn on the first page

Yeah the coup de grace is killer. The fact that OP tried to post through it after is :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You can post through anything if you're brave enough