Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Vire posted:

5 point swing to Biden with a MOE of 2.4%.

Ate you saying that Biden is Intriguingly MOE?

Edit: are you loving kidding me, 2nd dumbshit snipe in a row

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

IncredibleIgloo posted:

The amount of processing power devoted to AI in the industry is doubling roughly every three months, leading to some significant gains relatively quickly. It would not be surprising if text is a priority for the image generation companies that is actively being worked on. It is probably one of the biggest hurdles to monetizing the technology, as I imagine one of the key end uses would be dynamically generated hyper targeted advertising, and thus text would be crucial to this. Other uses might be providing users with the ability to create their own ad copy with the technology, again needing clear, correct text. Probably dozens use cases where text is important. Looking at how far AI generative technology has advanced in the last 18 months I would not be surprised if the results of the next 18 months are significant.

Text is rather solved for small amounts (a single sentence) and you can dice roll for several sentences but it's enough to make comics. The best at it would be Bing's January update
https://www.bing.com/images/create

here's a sample of it with a dril tweet

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

IncredibleIgloo posted:

The amount of processing power devoted to AI in the industry is doubling roughly every three months, leading to some significant gains relatively quickly. It would not be surprising if text is a priority for the image generation companies that is actively being worked on. It is probably one of the biggest hurdles to monetizing the technology, as I imagine one of the key end uses would be dynamically generated hyper targeted advertising, and thus text would be crucial to this. Other uses might be providing users with the ability to create their own ad copy with the technology, again needing clear, correct text. Probably dozens use cases where text is important. Looking at how far AI generative technology has advanced in the last 18 months I would not be surprised if the results of the next 18 months are significant.

I'm just wondering if it's even possible at this point; there's enough context and additional information within text that might be getting scrubbed in the process of creating a dataset. I'm not really privy to that portion of the upstream process so I couldn't say for sure - we'll just have to wait and see

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

By "this" they really mean flood the internet with AI-made fake images that make it appear they're doing better than they are.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Vire posted:

the guy on the right has 3 arms.

People said MAGA was a cult, but they didn't say it was a Genestealer Cult :tinfoil:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://twitter.com/AdolfitoZ/status/1753101554708869580

lol

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Just lol that republicans can't get actual pictures of black republicans going door to door.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

South Park generally has a reactionary message most of the time.

And I count "everybody is extreme and I think we should just chill out and I'm smart for not taking a side" as reactionary.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

TremorX posted:

By "this" they really mean flood the internet with AI-made fake images that make it appear they're doing better than they are.

Steve Bannon coined the phrase "flood the zone with poo poo" for a reason.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Accipiter posted:

Okay but what the gently caress is with the mugs they're selling on the Biden-Harris website?

What the hell is it supposed to be communicating? Who okayed this?

Just ordered one of these for everyone in my family

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

I'm the half picture frame sticking 90 degrees out from the wall

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Pope Corky the IX posted:

The thing that gets me about MTG is how much she's enjoying herself. She's constantly smiling and laughing while doing poo poo like interrupting the State of the Union or hanging anti-trans posters in the halls of Congress.

It's not work if you're doing what you love

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Grey Cat posted:

Just lol that republicans can't get actual pictures of black republicans going door to door.

And they are so rare that the AI model does a poor job rendering them because it has so few examples in its dataset lmao

rekko
Jul 24, 2022

〜✧・♡・★〜🌟💗・♥・💗🌟〜★・♡・✧〜
❗スゴイ❗

I only know Hazbin Hotel as that thing a YouTuber paid $50k to make a self insert horny video of.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

they think this because clips of cartman get posted on conservative twitter a lot. they don't realize what cartman's role on the show is, they agree with him.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Well, South Park is run by two Libertarians, so.....broken clock, not wrong?

Stink Billyums posted:

they think this because clips of cartman get posted on conservative twitter a lot. they don't realize what cartman's role on the show is, they agree with him.

Yeah, at the same time South Park basically loves to make jokes that basically amount to "Aren't you glad we are not as far along as this guy?"

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Mudlark posted:

Mostly it just involves her ranting about the Anunaki

:dafuq::dafuq::dafuq::dafuq:

:dafuq::dafuq::dafuq::dafuq:

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

weg posted:

And they are so rare that the AI model does a poor job rendering them because it has so few examples in its dataset lmao

I like the thai maga hat.
Squiggly squiggle Americahsklahffasdf

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
South Park has not been relevant in broader cultural spaces for over a decade. They closest they got was that special they did on Paramount+ a few months ago that was like "There's too many women, minorities and gay people in popular media these days", and nobody actually watched it because it was on fuckinf Paramount+.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ermahgerd, Jer Bidern!

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Bidern beefs borfer.

nine-gear crow posted:

Ermahgerd, Jer Bidern!

lol.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Mudlark posted:

Mostly it just involves her ranting about the Anunaki

Man I live talking to crazy people about annunaki

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

it's a wild conspiracy thing that involves ancient aliens and probably sasquatch

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Dream ticket: Obamna - Bidern

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

rekko posted:

I only know Hazbin Hotel as that thing a YouTuber paid $50k to make a self insert horny video of.

the show itself pretty good. mixed pacing but thats kinda expected with animated shows on streaming because they get canned fast if they dont get numbers. I like the youtube sistershow better.

nine-gear crow posted:

South Park has not been relevant in broader cultural spaces for over a decade. They closest they got was that special they did on Paramount+ a few months ago that was like "There's too many women, minorities and gay people in popular media these days", and nobody actually watched it because it was on fuckinf Paramount+.

this. i used to like south park and still find it sometimes funny but its just kinda too gen x for my taste and while they somtimes do try to actually be decent, its just kinda eh.

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

nine-gear crow posted:

Because he's 9,000 years old and is a New Orleans elemental.

He would be a LOT cooler if he was a character from American Horror Story: Coven :witch:

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Is a Bidern a bidet attached to a cistern?

nerox
May 20, 2001
I choose to believe the 3 armed guy is real, just like I choose to believe the 3 boobie lady is real in Total Recall.

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Randalor posted:

Not a big fan of this new reboot of IT.

Beep beep, Margie! Beep beep!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

nerox posted:

I choose to believe the 3 armed guy is real, just like I choose to believe the 3 boobie lady is real in Total Recall.

There was a fake 3 boob lady irl that I choose to believe is real

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

predicting the inevitable group conclusion:

"Trump lost the election. We failed him.... wait a minute..... WE'RE ALL DEEPSTATE PLANTS!"

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Ancient aliens bullshit. It's perfect for conspiracy theories and brain worms, because it's a floating timeline of "theories" and "evidence" that suits any narrative you currently believe.

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe
any word on the engoron thing?

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Biden should take Taylor Swift as his vp at this point.

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

Powerful Katrinka posted:

Ancient aliens bullshit. It's perfect for conspiracy theories and brain worms, because it's a floating timeline of "theories" and "evidence" that suits any narrative you currently believe.

aliens gave us pogostick technology?

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

bad_fmr posted:

Biden should take Taylor Swift as his vp at this point.

She should run for president and whoever posted the chewjob question on Yahoo should be VP.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Trump suggests that the weird red splotches (obviously galloping syphilis) on his hand might have been AI.
:wtc:

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/donald-trump-red-marks-hand_n_65bb56fce4b01c5c3a39ed00

quote:

On Wednesday, Fox News’ Mark Meredith asked Trump: “How’s your hand? It looks like it’s better now.”

“My hand?” Trump replied.

“Yeah, what happened the other day?” Meredith asked. “You didn’t see the photos? Coming out of Trump Tower?”

Trump then held up both hands and said “nothing” was wrong. “Maybe it’s A.I.,” he suggested

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I want this exact hat and shirt. That way, when I commit crimes and someone submits photo evidence, I can roll my eyes and say "Well OBVIOUSLY that's an AI generated photo". :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

nobodygetshurt posted:

aliens gave us pogostick technology?

Exactly. We're through the looking glass, people