Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I’m thinking about the afc south. They are gonna be a good division next year maybe.

the titans (i know they're afc north technically but bear with me) are gonna be a mess. the colts are gonna be a mess. the jaguars might unfuck themselves but i doubt it. idk. its the texans division to lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Fat Jesus posted:

lol the rolling stone, ok. But anyhow as a 60 y.o white male i'm supposed to be upset about a whole array of things that I and everybody else i know my age don't give a singular gently caress about

Hey don’t get me wrong, every angle of the entire thing is incredibly stupid and pointless and anyone who cares at all is out of their gourd, I’m just saying it is something some people are all hopped up about right now

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Borsche69 posted:

the titans (i know they're afc north technically but bear with me) are gonna be a mess. the colts are gonna be a mess. the jaguars might unfuck themselves but i doubt it. idk. its the texans division to lose.

Am I getting hoodwinked here? Is some sort of bamboozling happening?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

the afc north is the browns, ravens, bills, steelers and titans. simple as

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The NFL is to cowardly to introduce honorary division members

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Borsche69 posted:

the afc north is the browns, ravens, bills, steelers and titans. simple as

That's the afc central

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Bip Roberts posted:

That's the afc central

thats the afc sorted

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

kiimo posted:

Tucker knows that the other team has to warm up there. It's done every game. The kicker has time to practice field goals on both sides. He gets up to move a foot to the right. Lol he knows what he's doing. The organization from top to bottom was trying to establish a precedent from the beginning that they're going to play tough and not let some team come to THEIR home and push them around. I mean, that's exactly what ended up happening but this is playoff football every year.

Clearly Tucker was trying to establish dominance by finishing first.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Clearly Tucker was trying to establish dominance by finishing first.

He should try bluechew

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Borsche69 posted:

even if kelce probably is a oval office

I think he's more of a meathead idiot. Like if he says something out of bounds publicly and you tell him why he'll stop doing it.

I mean on the field he'll obviously get chippy, but he's not the only one guilty of that.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

kiimo posted:

Football fans: Chiefs are cunts

fixed

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

This thread is satire and the last couple of pages were a First Take parody play? Right? Right?!

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

I think he's more of a meathead idiot. Like if he says something out of bounds publicly and you tell him why he'll stop doing it.

I mean on the field he'll obviously get chippy, but he's not the only one guilty of that.

I have zero problems with him being chippy, that's 100% fine. the thing is it seemed like he spent the whole game talking poo poo and getting chippy with other players but the moment they stepped up to him he always threw his hands up and looked for refs. and I'm not saying he's wrong doing it, since it clearly worked and he even got a 15 yard flag out of it, but that doesn't mean it still isn't extreme bitch behavior

that's also me being salty about the game, so it's probably not worth considering anything I say regarding it. or any of my posts in general regarding anything. God bless

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

The Dave posted:

This thread is satire and the last couple of pages were a First Take parody play? Right? Right?!

Forget it Dave, it’s playoff postin

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
My football confession is that every time a player manages to poo poo talk his opponent into doing dumb things and giving up free yards I think that player is smart and good.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
The zenith of course is when a dude gets so mad he punches protective equipment. That's always a lol for me.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

The zenith of course is when a dude gets so mad he punches protective equipment. That's always a lol for me.

I was officiating a game and a guy thought he was being held so took his helmet off in the middle of the play and tried to fight the guy

Told the ref to gently caress himself next play and got tossed lol

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

CJGJ was a pro at this in nola.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

You mean sideline equipment or like Andre Johnson and Cortland Finnegan?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Lamar slamming his helmet down in frustration was pretty funny.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Corzaa posted:

You mean sideline equipment or like Andre Johnson and Cortland Finnegan?

:lol: that the texans have the video on their website with this heading.

https://www.houstontexans.com/video/andre-johnson-beats-down-cortland-finnegan-3090068

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
It always makes me laugh when a player gets so mad he slugs another guy full force directly in the helmet. I saw a clip of that happening last night in a highlights vid and it's like what did you expect to happen? Now you've probably got a broken hand lol. The other dude didn't even react to getting socked in the head, he just stood there like "you dipshit" lol

HonorableTB fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Feb 1, 2024

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Put Andre in the hall and have that video on

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I never played football as a kid but I imagine one of the hardest parts of initially learning it would be learning how to not get mad at the dude who is kicking your rear end during the plays. That guy just shoved me down and fell on me, yeah I want to punch him

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

really queer Christmas posted:

CJGJ was a pro at this in nola.

It’s too bad now he just takes cheap shots and gets stiff armed into oblivion.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Quality poo poo talking is an underappreciated (that is one long rear end unhyphenated word) on field skill and I also lol heartedly whenever I see it benefit the poo poo talker.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

PostNouveau posted:

I never played football as a kid but I imagine one of the hardest parts of initially learning it would be learning how to not get mad at the dude who is kicking your rear end during the plays. That guy just shoved me down and fell on me, yeah I want to punch him

Just yell at the ref for not calling holding against you ezpz

I always remember Ed Hochulis "There is no holding, the defender was just overpowered" call

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

HonorableTB posted:

It always makes me laugh when a player gets so mad he slugs another guy full force directly in the helmet. I saw a clip of that happening last night in a highlights vid and it's like what did you expect to happen? Now you've probably got a broken hand lol. The other dude didn't even react to getting socked in the head, he just stood there like "you dipshit" lol

Yeah it owns when two guys wearing modern-day suits of armor start trying to shove and punch each other. Like lol what do you think is gonna happen. You're way more likely to hurt someone in the course of a normal play (Andre Johnson excepted)

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

PostNouveau posted:

I played at tailback for long enough to realize that I didn't like getting suplexed over and over again by guys bigger than me. No thanks, I'm better at hoops anyway.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
I played football as a kid in the 11-13 year old community league as an offensive lineman. Some of those kids even at 13 were jacked as hell and there were more than a few times I just got manhandled by a kid who hit a growth spurt and put on 3 inches and 40 pounds since the season began or whatever. I stopped being allowed to play after I took a mild concussion, thanks mom for saving whatever was left of my brains!

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
If you really want to hurt someone you gotta go full Three Stooges and pull out the foot stomp into eye poke true combo

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Colonel Whitey posted:

If you really want to hurt someone you gotta go full Three Stooges and pull out the foot stomp into eye poke true combo

See I just mash the buttons on the controller until I lose

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Colonel Whitey posted:

I don't understand why nobody has ever released a Three Stooges fighting game.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Shemp secret unlockable character with unique move set

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

mdemone posted:

I played at tailback for long enough to realize that I didn't like getting suplexed over and over again by guys bigger than me. No thanks, I'm better at hoops anyway.

Everyone who plays American football is a bit crazy but running backs and especially fullbacks are just absolutely nuts or incredibly dumb. Otherwise why are you running into an angry wall of men at full speed over and over again

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Colonel Whitey posted:

Shemp secret unlockable character with unique move set

Fake Shemp is one of the characters you unlock after beating the game on the hardest difficulty (Chowderhead) along with Joe and Curly Joe. Everyone still just uses Moe or Curly.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

MikeCrotch posted:

Everyone who plays American football is a bit crazy but running backs and especially fullbacks are just absolutely nuts or incredibly dumb. Otherwise why are you running into an angry wall of men at full speed over and over again
Some people like participating in legal, paying, violence.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

HonorableTB posted:

I played football as a kid in the 11-13 year old community league as an offensive lineman. Some of those kids even at 13 were jacked as hell and there were more than a few times I just got manhandled by a kid who hit a growth spurt and put on 3 inches and 40 pounds since the season began or whatever. I stopped being allowed to play after I took a mild concussion, thanks mom for saving whatever was left of my brains!

I was an under-sized lineman. An old man trick I was taught by my older brothers was to hook the inside shoulderpads (like by the chest, not the shoulders) and flop. Yeah you might be 5 inches taller than me despite me not being short and 40 lbs heavier. But if the refs don't catch on to the trick I'm sure not moving you, but I'm making you pancake my rear end and taking you out of the play other than that.

That was probably my greatest relevance to my team--we were not a good team.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

strong corner / slot back checking in. I love it when we do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

guy who quit practice the first day to instead join cross country checking in