Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

weg posted:

This and I want to see the poop emoji with the monke face , tia

People often accuse me of having too much free time, and they're right.

Edit:
Oh Jesus this is NOT a good way to start a new page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Isn't SpaceX already almost entirely funded by government contracts and grants? Or as the likes of elon might put it, :gop: gubbermint handouts!!

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Edit:

:hmmyes: Putin is a real piece of poo poo!

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Edit:

Nice, thank you lol :cheers:

Sedgr posted:

:hmmyes: Putin is a real piece of poo poo!

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1753111430247973191#m

quote:

⚡️Avdiivka Coke Plant (AKKhZ) is currently under the control of the Ukrainian Armed Forces.

This was reported by Dmitry Lazutkin, head of the public relations service of the 47th Separate Mechanized Brigade.

According to him, the contact line is not actually moving. However, the Russians continue to attack the city, including from the north, there is a fairly high intensity of artillery shelling and infantry attacks do not stop.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

By next weekend I wholly expect some telegram screenshot explaining away why an entire Buran fell out of the sky and slammed into a Novorossyisk shopping centre.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
https://x.com/saintjavelin/status/1753081308480462977?s=20

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

tiaz posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTcXeda196E

Reporting From Ukraine is back. Interesting contextualization of the past ~month of strikes in Crimea, sounds like those strikes on air defense systems really messed things up in that area.

It seems he paints a more positive picture than I've seen from Denys Davydov and others. We'll see if the logistics issues he highlights starts being reflected in reduced russian progress in the Donbas.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Hearing news that Zaluzhnyi has been fired again! lol!!!

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Correction: He has not been fired.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
There's a new knockoff Copelord in town

zone
Dec 6, 2016

mobby_6kl posted:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
yeah i was just down at the marina and saw a dozen such ships with loving ball turrets

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

Today I learned that the Ladnyy, or Ладный, is still in service in the Black Sea. That was the ship that, when the Russian navy was trying to show off how powerful it is when Crimea was annexed, let out a giant wet fart as the missile it fired malfunctioned and impotently fell into the harbor.

Dear Ukraine,

Please sink that one for maximum comedy.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

mobby_6kl posted:

Another chestnut from an old friend.

https://twitter.com/OAlexanderDK/status/1753091076636733943

"I'm not mad, bro. Please don't tell everyone that I'm mad."

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Plan Z posted:

I mean, if SpaceX is going to be a part of the DoD via something like Space Force, then it's presumed they're not going to be allowed to go their own way like that. I can't imagine the DoD letting a company like Lockheed be off the leash in that way.

:hmmyes: this is a very apt comparison. Lockheed is independent from the government as far as the checks are concerned, but its effectively a dedicated R&D lab for the US DoD. Literally nobody involved with anything there, from the janitor to JCOS, is loving around with ketamine* or smoking weed with Joe Rogan. Leon Musk can do whatever he wants in the civvy world, but US DoD does.not.gently caress.around

*yeah there are users/addicts everywhere, and CI doesn't catch everything, but point stands

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

lol whatever, we didn't even like that naval ship.

- Russia, probably

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

redshirt posted:

lol whatever, we didn't even like that naval ship.

- Russia, probably

Russia being yandere towards its own ships is totally on brand.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

mobby_6kl posted:

A gun? That's not a gun, it's, uh, it's a horizontal bar so the sailor can practice gymnastics

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

steinrokkan posted:

A gun? That's not a gun, it's, uh, it's a horizontal bar so the sailor can practice gymnastics

I don't' have the xitter account but the place I stole those screenshots from said he later claimed the gun was a crane lol

Burns
May 10, 2008

Starting one's argument with "Russia would never operate a ship alone" might not be the best approach.

Like mf where have you been??

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

mobby_6kl posted:

I don't' have the xitter account but the place I stole those screenshots from said he later claimed the gun was a crane lol

What did he say about the bit where the crane was shooting and you could see all the bullets splashing around the drone boat?

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Those are uh fishes jumping back into the sea. Literal attacks on food infrastructure!

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

mobby_6kl posted:

Seymor, why is there a gun on your civilian ship?
Oh, that's not a gun, that's just a crane for all the cargo they're carrying. Mmmm, craned cargo.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

That “civilian ship” guy is amazing. It’s like those people that wear upsideown goggles in experiments and quickly adapt to process the image in their brain as right side up again. All Russian actions, to him, really do look like selfless humanitarian olive branches being extended to the cruel tyrant Ukraine warmonger.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Strategic Tea posted:

Isn't SpaceX already almost entirely funded by government contracts and grants? Or as the likes of elon might put it, :gop: gubbermint handouts!!
No, government contracts are a minor part of their revenue, and they don't have any grants.
If the government never nationalized Boeing, Lockheed, or NG, why would they nationalize SpaceX?

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Prettz posted:

No, government contracts are a minor part of their revenue, and they don't have any grants.
If the government never nationalized Boeing, Lockheed, or NG, why would they nationalize SpaceX?
If Lockheed started loving with F-16s of allied nations remotely during military operations then this would be a fair comparison.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Sashimi posted:

If Lockheed started loving with F-16s of allied nations remotely during military operations then this would be a fair comparison.
You mean the CEO. Then they'd force the CEO out... somehow. I don't know what kind of mechanisms the US government has for that.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Prettz posted:

You mean the CEO. Then they'd force the CEO out... somehow. I don't know what kind of mechanisms the US government has for that.

Anonymous government sources

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Prettz posted:

We know full well now that as in very last episode of the first season of 24 at at least one secret service agent as an absolute mad dog that will take out anyone anything anywhere. I think his name was Dale.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Prettz posted:

Wasn't SpaceX subsidized by NASA in the beginning? I could be wrong.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

redshirt posted:

Wasn't SpaceX subsidized by NASA in the beginning? I could be wrong.
A contract https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commercial_Orbital_Transportation_Services
You could say that saved spacex, because there's just no business for small-sat launchers. The current crop of them are getting paltry numbers of launches.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Prettz posted:

:nsa:

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

mobby_6kl posted:

I can't comprehend that this is anything but parody.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Your just not seeing it from the right angle is all.

https://twitter.com/SGAFella/status/1753095754120679749

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023
The you crane

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

shadow puppet of a posted:

That “civilian ship” guy is amazing. It’s like those people that wear upsideown goggles in experiments and quickly adapt to process the image in their brain as right side up again. All Russian actions, to him, really do look like selfless humanitarian olive branches being extended to the cruel tyrant Ukraine warmonger.

What? Don't all civilian ships have turret mounted 76mm "Flare guns" on them in your universe?

Edit; Lol, should have reloaded and scrolled down before responding.

The Locator fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Feb 1, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

rowkey bilbao posted:

The you crane

More like the you sank