Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I guess after that loving Flamin' Hot Cheeto movie, this was bound to happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Rageaholic posted:

I can't lie, but I'd be down for a "the 'true' story behind crystal Pepsi"

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Where is my film about Squeezits?

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
"We need more mid-budget comedies!"

"... Not like that."

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

This is such a weird trend. We’re going to look back at the 20s and be like “Remember how our brains were so colonized by BRAND that by 2028 there was a Dark Little Debbie Universe? Thank goodness that’s not a thing anymore… BECAUSE WE’RE ALL BEING DIGESTED SLOWLY IN THE BELLY OF A MONSTER!”

I wasn’t confident enough in my idea, so I added a little twist at the end.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I enjoyed BlackBerry quite a bit so I’m not gonna insta-snark any of these movie announcements

and if you’re wondering the answer is yes I am hovering roughly two inches above the ground at all times due to how enlightened I am

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Rageaholic posted:

from the people who brought you "this man made a shoe" and "guy who made hot chip..." comes "but who pastry"

weirdly, this one isn't even pretending to be The True Story of Pop-Tarts, it's an adaptation of a joke from former comedian jerry 'child-dater' seinfeld's old stand-up act that he's been hyper-fixated on for like 13 years. not kidding

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

mysterious frankie posted:

I think you would have been fine but that's good posting instinct

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
Give us the story behind the origins of Fanta you cowards

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I finally watched The Flash after avoiding it for months because We Hate Movies are doing a virtual live podcast about it tonight and I wanted to prepare.

It's just as miserable as I thought it would be. The visual effects looked disgustingly bad and Ezra Miller can't act, which is a problem when your 2 and a half hour long movie depends on 2 different Ezra Miller performances.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

mysterious frankie posted:

This is such a weird trend. We’re going to look back at the 20s and be like “Remember how our brains were so colonized by BRAND that by 2028 there was a Dark Little Debbie Universe? Thank goodness that’s not a thing anymore… BECAUSE WE’RE ALL BEING DIGESTED SLOWLY IN THE BELLY OF A MONSTER!”

oh boy I hope I'm the monster

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I liked The Founder but yeah most of these brand biopics are pretty average to bad

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

I had forgotten about the beanie baby one too until this came up. If seinfeld can put enough of his brand of jokes in, then it could be good. Otherwise I'm not seeing what would draw him to a movie like this.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Jerry Seinfeld loving sucks

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I want a Nestle movie but from the POV of people who are being murdered for getting in the way of them stealing all the water

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Gripweed posted:

yeah apparently the final twist is that it's set in the same universe as the Kingsmen.

lol who gives a poo poo

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

X JAKK posted:

Give us the story behind the origins of Fanta you cowards

After working on some new designs, Hugo Boss developed a powerful thirst....

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
the kingsman expanded universe

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

lol who gives a poo poo

lol

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Cubone posted:

from the people who brought you "this man made a shoe" and "guy who made hot chip..." comes "but who pastry"

weirdly, this one isn't even pretending to be The True Story of Pop-Tarts, it's an adaptation of a joke from former comedian jerry 'child-dater' seinfeld's old stand-up act that he's been hyper-fixated on for like 13 years. not kidding

Wasn't Bee Movie a similar Seinfeld Fixation

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Sunk Dunk posted:

The Kingsmen Cinematic Dark Universe

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

layer cake was pretty good but matthew vaughn is huffing his own farts by this point

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

henkman posted:

I liked The Founder but yeah most of these brand biopics are pretty average to bad

The Founder is funny because the first half-hour seems like McDonald's propaganda about how wholesome and all-American they are, and the last 90 minutes are Ray Kroc doing copious amounts of blow off his franchisees' wives' tits.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Feb 1, 2024

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
also Michael Keaton rocks

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

henkman posted:

also Michael Keaton rocks

Yeah that' s the thing. If you're going to make a movie about a product or some dude like Ray Kroc, it better be really loving good, otherwise it's just some 2 hr drama jerkin the dude off.

Pirates of Silicon Valley is a good example of how to do one of those movies. It has good performances, some humor, it tells a story about two people whose (stolen) products changed the world, but it doesn't really paint Gates or Jobs as good people. They're loving psychos. That needs a sequel or at the very least, a proper HD release.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Lister posted:

I had forgotten about the beanie baby one too until this came up. If seinfeld can put enough of his brand of jokes in, then it could be good. Otherwise I'm not seeing what would draw him to a movie like this.

the quality of the 120 minute pop tart commercial will definitely hinge on the quantity of seinfeld brand jokes

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1753131243300876665

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Lister posted:

Seinfeld is supremely unfunny. He got extremely lucky one time and rode the coattails of much better comedians. His career since then has been a desultory search for relevance.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

“We are the owners of these IPs, subscribe to our service to see IP.”

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

lol at tua not being able to throw in the snow

gently caress everything else about this

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Seinfeld is still my all-time favorite TV show, but yeah, Jerry Seinfeld outside of the show is a hack.

:yikes:

This got worse and worse as it went on

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Feb 1, 2024

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I loving have always hated these Paramount Plus ads. Actors not even in the same room all standing in front of green screens pretending to give two shits. Also very lol at using Patrick Stewart (star of the just canceled Picard) instead someone from Discovery or Strange new Worlds. He obviously has way more star power but it's a nice gently caress you to those lovely shows.

At least those ads don't even pretend to hide the "HEY ITS IPs YOU LIKE. Or remember. Even vaguely? Subscribe!"

Vakal
May 11, 2008

colonelwest posted:

Seinfeld is supremely unfunny. He got extremely lucky one time and rode the coattails of much better comedians. His career since then has been a desultory search for relevance.

Excuse me sir, how many 16 year old girls have you married?

I thought so.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Sunk Dunk posted:

Adolf Hitler: A Kingsman Story.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

colonelwest posted:

I liked what I saw of his comedy as a kid, but I think Bobcat Goldthwait (or was it Dana Gould?) said it best in the documentary Joy Ride when he commented that Seinfeld’s greatest attribute was knowing Larry David.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Why didn't they call it the Paramountain.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

Wasn't Bee Movie a similar Seinfeld Fixation
in a sense. Jeffrey Katzenberg had a weird fixation on Jerry Seinfeld lol

he'd been trying to get him to make a cartoon with him for more than a decade, and Seinfeld was having dinner with Spielberg and made a crack about making a b-movie about insects, so Spielberg got Katzenberg on the phone, and Seinfeld was like "ok... I don't want to leave new york though. in fact, I absolutely will not do that for more than a week at a time. :spergin:"
so they tried flying him down to l.a. once a month, and it wasn't really working, so Katzenberg paid to have a then-extremely-high-tech $350,000 teleconferencing system installed in Seinfeld's office. (so they could make Bee Movie)

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Cubone posted:

in a sense. Jeffrey Katzenberg had a weird fixation on Jerry Seinfeld lol

he'd been trying to get him to make a cartoon with him for more than a decade, and Seinfeld was having dinner with Spielberg and made a crack about making a b-movie about insects, so Spielberg got Katzenberg on the phone, and Seinfeld was like "ok... I don't want to leave new york though. in fact, I absolutely will not do that for more than a week at a time. :spergin:"
so they tried flying him down to l.a. once a month, and it wasn't really working, so Katzenberg paid to have a then-extremely-high-tech $350,000 teleconferencing system installed in Seinfeld's office. (so they could make Bee Movie)

I can't really blame Seinfeld for not wanting to leave NYC, though, after the last time he flew to L.A., an experience that he describes here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxj0-v_lnYY

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Jose Oquendo posted:

I loving have always hated these Paramount Plus ads. Actors not even in the same room all standing in front of green screens pretending to give two shits. Also very lol at using Patrick Stewart (star of the just canceled Picard) instead someone from Discovery or Strange new Worlds. He obviously has way more star power but it's a nice gently caress you to those lovely shows.

At least those ads don't even pretend to hide the "HEY ITS IPs YOU LIKE. Or remember. Even vaguely? Subscribe!"

They had Pike in a similar version of this that aired last year.

Way better hair than Picard. Like by a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I don't know what to make of the state of the nathan fielder/eric andre rivalry in the modern day. I suppose nathan certainly proved the artist with more range and ambition but honestly if I had a gun to my head I might pick eric