Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
try to guess which one of these guys is Anthony.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iedz_x6Hlhw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

kiimo posted:

You all know they're making a movie about Anthony Kiedis' life?

Gross. No one wants to watch two hours of a guy racking up STD's and hep C.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Son of Rodney posted:

Rhcp owns and y'all are nerds

I owned all three albums before Blood Sugar Sex Magic. I listened to BSSM and could play every note on guitar. When I was a sophomore I thought lines like "I said what's up now suck my dick" were awesome.

But I was a sophomore, and that poo poo is sophomoric. What's worse though is that Old Chili Peppers music is basically elevator music now and I can't stomach any of it.

Discount Dracula
Aug 15, 2003

Nap Ghost

kiimo posted:

I owned all three albums before Blood Sugar Sex Magic. I listened to BSSM and could play every note on guitar. When I was a sophomore I thought lines like "I said what's up now suck my dick" were awesome.

But I was a sophomore, and that poo poo is sophomoric. What's worse though is that Old Chili Peppers music is basically elevator music now and I can't stomach any of it.

It’s okay to dislike them for more than just boring music.

“More contemporary rock stars like Anthony Kiedis of Red Hot Chili Peppers also bragged about committing statutory rape with no repercussions. In his 2005 autobiography, Scar Tissue, Kiedis recounts his sexual relationship with a 14-year-old Catholic school girl. Kiedis was 23 years old at the time; and after learning of her age, he proceeded to have sex with her again. He writes:

“‘The next day we drove to Baton Rouge, and of course, she came with us. After we got offstage, she came up to me and said, ‘I have something to tell you. My father’s the chief of police and the entire state of Louisiana is looking for me because I’ve gone missing. Oh, and besides that, I’m only fourteen.’ I wasn’t incredibly scared, because in my somewhat deluded mind, I knew that if she told the chief of police she was in love with me, he wasn’t going to have me taken out to a field and shot, but I did want to get her the hell back home right away. So we had sex one more time.’”

Their relationship inspired Red Hot Chili Peppers’ 1985 song ‘Catholic School Girls Rule,’ which has been played live by the band as recently as 2007. Following his public admission in Scar Tissue, Kiedis and his band continued to enjoy rockstar status. They’ve won Grammys, headlined festivals, and even made a cameo at the Super Bowl. In 2012, Red Hot Chili Peppers were enshrined in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.”

https://consequence.net/2017/11/the-uncomfortable-disregard-for-legendary-rockers-sexual-misconduct/

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
God damnit.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The history of rock stars not carding groupies is a long road I'd rather not walk down

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

kiimo posted:

Which for some reason reminds me that I still need to see the Weird Al Yankovic biopic with Daniel Radcliffe.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

uber_stoat posted:

try to guess which one of these guys is Anthony.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iedz_x6Hlhw

Man Lush kicks rear end

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Grendels Dad posted:

Which for some reason reminds me that I still need to see the Weird Al Yankovic biopic with Daniel Radcliffe.

Extremely good movie

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!

Grendels Dad posted:

It kicks rear end fyi.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

kiimo posted:

The history of rock stars not carding groupies is a long road I'd rather not walk down

I only recently found out about Led Zeppelin :smith:

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

TK-42-1 posted:

Extremely good movie

Fanged Lawn Wormy posted:

It kicks rear end fyi.

I'm kind of wary since I think I might compare it to Walk Hard, but these statements give me hope.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Grendels Dad posted:

I'm kind of wary since I think I might compare it to Walk Hard, but these statements give me hope.
It's much better and quite different. And I was an extra in Walk the Line lmao

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

FFT posted:

I was an extra in Walk the Line lmao

Me too

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Extra ready to stop watching that fuckin movie

Haha gottem

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...
Did somebody say Red Hot Chilli Pipers?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Isxaq6yuKxE&t=25s

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Ironic name considering they haven't piped any 14 year olds
(please be true please be true please be true)

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

kiimo posted:

The only good rock guy is Ian MacKaye who refused to ever have sex

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

kiimo posted:

Robert downey jr better be keidis.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

FFT posted:

It's much better

I respect your wrong opinion but I must fulfill my goonish duty to tell you that you are, in fact, wrong.

However, we can agree that Weird is a great movie

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Seaniqua posted:

However, we can agree that Weird is a great movie
I finally saw him live at the tail end of his most recent tour and it was everything I ever wanted.

Also, fine, it's just better.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Phlegmish posted:

The only good rock guy is Ian MacKaye who refused to ever have sex

sXe

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Ok, I genuinely laughed at this.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I remember watching Weird with my sister and she thought it was a straight biopic.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
They Might Be Giants Behind The Music Episode Lacks Sex, Drugs

It’s short so I’ll just c/p it

quote:

NEW YORK–The new They Might Be Giants episode of VH1's Behind The Music is devoid of sex and drugs, sources reported Monday. "Man, we haven't had that much trouble finding something juicy since the 'Weird Al' episode," VH1 senior vice-president Bill Flanagan said. "We can almost always hit paydirt with a band's groupies, but in They Might Be Giants' case, they're all 31-year-old computer programmers." The They Might Be Giants episode largely focused on keyboardist/accordionist John Linnell's harrowing early-'90s addiction to Tetris.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

FFT posted:

It's much better and quite different. And I was an extra in Walk the Line lmao

It definitely is not better lmfao

It IS good though

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i liked how in Weird he has all these crazy characters show up to his party and Elvira is there but she's attending as Cassandra Peterson.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
If u still like RHCP, may I suggest relistening to Sir Psycho Sexy, Sexy Mexican Maid, and Mommy Where's Daddy? This convo really should be in the AUG thread.

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
Can't let all this RHCP talk go without posting their best work in the last few decades:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zGk0k34tGs

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
The difference between Walk Hard and the Weird Al movie is the Weird Al movie is 100% true.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

drainpipe posted:

Can't let all this RHCP talk go without posting their best work in the last few decades:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zGk0k34tGs

I'm in trouble with your grandma
Cuz I ain't a-bother yamma
If you want Frasier, you gotta get Grammar

For the first few lines I thought this was an AI parody, but this was way before.

Is it meant to be a joke? Surely it is.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

credburn posted:

I'm in trouble with your grandma
Cuz I ain't a-bother yamma
If you want Frasier, you gotta get Grammar

For the first few lines I thought this was an AI parody, but this was way before.

Is it meant to be a joke? Surely it is.

It's called parody.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
RHCP have been playing the same 5 songs for 30 years

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Have The Ramones killed

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Grendels Dad posted:

As a non-native speaker, I have to say: Understanding what the fuckers on the radio sing is overrated.

All the music I listen to when I'm on the treadmill home is in languages I don't speak. It's great.

You can appreciate the cool sounds and upbeat energy and not be distracted by the lovely lyrics saying the equivalent of "baby, baby" and "make love all night long" which is 95% of pop songs.

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010

Field Mousepad posted:

RHCP have been playing the same 5 songs for 30 years

Man, that's about 4 songs more and 20 years less than AC/DC

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Dillbag posted:

If u still like RHCP, may I suggest relistening to Sir Psycho Sexy, Sexy Mexican Maid, and Mommy Where's Daddy? This convo really should be in the AUG thread.

I don't disagree with sentiment.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

uber_stoat posted:

i liked how in Weird he has all these crazy characters show up to his party and Elvira is there but she's attending as Cassandra Peterson.

I love Elvira so this bumped the movie to the top of my list for tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Grendels Dad posted:

I love Elvira so this bumped the movie to the top of my list for tonight.

keep in mind it isn't really her but a reasonable facsimile like the others. more of an easter egg.

lmao now that i just rewatched it there's an Elvira analogue and also a redhead that i thought was her. maybe it's both. anyway Elvira.

uber_stoat has a new favorite as of 08:28 on Feb 2, 2024