Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

glitchwraith posted:

They may have, but if so I took that to mean some kind of medical worker or caretaker, not someone literally healing people through supernatural means. Given how important the power is to the climax, it seems like something that should have been expanded on earlier.

There’s a flashback scene that explicitly shows her healer powers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Joe Fisto posted:

There’s a flashback scene that explicitly shows her healer powers

Yes... in the final episode. Like I said a few posts ago.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I am pretty sure the scene with the bird is before the final episode.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Given the nature of the show, it seemed pretty clear that she was more than just a medical professional.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

I am pretty sure the scene with the bird is before the final episode.

According to the episode summary on wikipedia, the bird scene is the flashback in the final episode.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

https://youtu.be/pv3Ss8o9gGQ?si=k3Kzhvp_ktTINSTx

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Interesting that they're apparently using a new Marvel Animation branding on X-Men '97, as opposed to the Marvel Studios branding that's been on all the marketing and merchandise up to this point. Probably makes sense to not use the Studios branding on projects that have little to nothing to do with the MCU proper, though I wonder if it'll show up on What If S3 or Eyes of Wakanda.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hot Claws!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Opopanax posted:

Hot Claws!

Hot Bub Summer?

MuscaDomestica
Apr 27, 2017

Looks like Morph is looking more like he does in the comics. Well eXiles Morph, 616 Morph seems to have stayed dead which is impressive as hell for a mutant.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Spoiler: The baby is Logan's.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Not sold on Wolverine's new voice. It sounds like someone doing a horrible job at copying the original, when they should've just gone with something different. Or just get Steven Blum again.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I’m really surprised that didn’t. I feel the same way, though.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Jamesman posted:

Not sold on Wolverine's new voice. It sounds like someone doing a horrible job at copying the original, when they should've just gone with something different. Or just get Steven Blum again.

It's the same guy lol

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

all the old actors are... well... old now.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Codependent Poster posted:

It's the same guy lol

Oh! Well that... explains everything, really. I'm not surprised that you get a guy in after 30 years and he can't do the same voice anymore.

I'll see if I get used to it, or if it will continue to feel out of place. Also I'm not even sure if I'm the target audience for this thing or not so I don't know how much I'll even care.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Jamesman posted:

Oh! Well that... explains everything, really. I'm not surprised that you get a guy in after 30 years and he can't do the same voice anymore.

Yeah, putting that Wolverine growl into his voice probably way too much of a strain.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Jamesman posted:

I'll see if I get used to it, or if it will continue to feel out of place. Also I'm not even sure if I'm the target audience for this thing or not so I don't know how much I'll even care.

Did you ever watch (and like) the old show? If yes you're the target demo, if not then probably not.

Honestly I only kinda watched the show back in the day so I'll probably replicate that experience by watching the first couple of episodes of the new one then flipping the channel to see what's on Kids WB playing a game or something

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I think we're all just too used to Steve Blum so now the old guy sounds wrong

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

I'm glad George Buza is back. He's the definitive Beast voice for me. Especially since he's a 6'4" weightlifter and an award-winning stamp collector and exhibitor.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I get that he's too old to do the voice now but that's like the #1 reason to recast someone instead of just hiring the guy who can't do the job

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I am really curious about this Magneto plot, because I really liked that era of the X-men.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Opopanax posted:

I think we're all just too used to Steve Blum so now the old guy sounds wrong

Hah, guess this is

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I watched the first two episodes of Invincible. It's aright. I did like how it's pure clean superheroics at first, but once Ominman kills all those guys there's a lot of blood and gore. Not only does it illustrate the fantasy/reality dichotomy, it also helps establish the Global Guardians as the real life fantasy. They saved all the bystanders and have fun punchups with monsters, but now they're gone and everybody's just trying to minimize the damage done by these existential dangers.

I wonder if the episodic formula of basically OK superhero story but then in the last couple minutes Ominman massacres a ton of people to get you more interested will continue on for the whole season.

The animation is a bit janky at times. Like, there's this one establishing shot of the school they use a couple times that looks like poo poo. The CG flags and school buses look horrible, and the animation of the crowd of students is really bad. The action is generally alright but pretty stuff. It reminds me of those straight to DVD DC movies.

A couple smaller roles have bad voice acting, the bully especially, but overall the main cast is very strong.

I'm onboard, I'll keep watching. Unless Ramsplosion doesn't die soon. Holy poo poo, every scene featuring him is fukcing dire. I know he's intentionally annoying, but that doesn't excuse him actually being incredibly loving obnoxious.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I like the costume design in Invincible so much more than so many of the DC DTV movies. And that's not a diss on the DC characters costumes in general, they just seemed to gather a bunch of people and ask "how can we make Superman and Wonder Woman, etc. look boring?"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Television keeps thinking people will like Jason Mantzoukas being annoying on purpose and they are wrong every time.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
It works in The Good Place.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Does it though?

I like him in Parks & Rec, but I find he doesn't fit in as well on The League.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
He's fun on Brooklyn 99, though again he plays the same sort of character in most things. Rex is a weird character and he is just as lovely and annoying in the comics but all told he kinda fits Mantzoukas.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Aphrodite posted:

Television keeps thinking people will like Jason Mantzoukas being annoying on purpose and they are wrong every time.

He was good during the first few good League seasons.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

It's a dosage control thing. Zouks is good on Brooklyn 99 because he's a guest star so they can build a story around him. Having him shout downer nonsense at someone else's story always comes off like they don't want you to take this seriously either.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I’ve not really watched any of his shows, but Zouks is the best on How Did This Get Made. An all star.

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008
I finished watching Echo and what was the point? What is her powers? I don’t know her from the comics, but does she wear a costume?

So many questions in my head.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
The problem with Echo is that it starts as a pretty nuts and bolts-y crime revenge story and then at the end the lady who has been muscle for organized crime her entire adult life decides to be a superhero because her ghost mom gave her a pep talk

I still think it's good, but maybe a longer episode run would've given the story a smoother arc instead of just "And now I'm gonna be a good guy!"

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

I liked Mantzoukas on Star Trek: Prodigy. Also an annoying character, but quite endearing.

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

I really liked his character he played in Legion for a few episodes. He did sinister (no Mister) really well. Also he and Jermaine Clemente have a rap battle on the astral plane.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
I saw an advert for an invincible mobile game and the animation they used was so much better than the show.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

New Wave Jose posted:

I finished watching Echo and what was the point? What is her powers? I don’t know her from the comics, but does she wear a costume?

So many questions in my head.

In the comics she's basically deaf Taskmaster, ie, can repeat any action she sees someone do. So has the combat skills of anyone she sees fight. But not their speed or reflexes if they have powers.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Gripweed posted:

I watched the first two episodes of Invincible. It's aright. I did like how it's pure clean superheroics at first, but once Ominman kills all those guys there's a lot of blood and gore. Not only does it illustrate the fantasy/reality dichotomy, it also helps establish the Global Guardians as the real life fantasy. They saved all the bystanders and have fun punchups with monsters, but now they're gone and everybody's just trying to minimize the damage done by these existential dangers.

I wonder if the episodic formula of basically OK superhero story but then in the last couple minutes Ominman massacres a ton of people to get you more interested will continue on for the whole season.

The animation is a bit janky at times. Like, there's this one establishing shot of the school they use a couple times that looks like poo poo. The CG flags and school buses look horrible, and the animation of the crowd of students is really bad. The action is generally alright but pretty stuff. It reminds me of those straight to DVD DC movies.

A couple smaller roles have bad voice acting, the bully especially, but overall the main cast is very strong.

I'm onboard, I'll keep watching. Unless Ramsplosion doesn't die soon. Holy poo poo, every scene featuring him is fukcing dire. I know he's intentionally annoying, but that doesn't excuse him actually being incredibly loving obnoxious.

Invincible really makes it hard for you to keep watching. The writing can be pretty abysmal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Wait a minute. This show doesn’t have a theme song. Why doesn’t it have a theme song? Superheroes need a theme song!