Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

quote:

Now hold on just a minute. I don’t want anyone misinterpreting my chili. My chili is not about experimenting with gay sex during your college years. My chili is not about wearing a god damned chef’s hat. My chili is not about sauntering around with your premium ingredients while singing a pretty little song about your first period.....

That recipe already sucks and OP isn't helping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

My chili recipe may suck, but that's only because my balls are too enormously manly for me to fit through the door to go out and do grocery shopping :dukedog:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Might need to see a doctor about that.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

This one kind of hurt my head a little bit.

Quid
Jul 19, 2006

Grand Fromage posted:

I bet that chili is wet as hell.

I was thinking the same thing. 4 cups of water? Hes making soup. I make a lazy chili that has a ratio of 1 can of beans and 1 can of diced tomato for every lb of ground beef or turkey but with no water added. I dont drain the beans/tomatoes and he doesn't say to drain them unless i missed it. But I hope he drained them. This is as bad as the sassy reddit stick figure chili.

Edit: 21-ounce cans of beans? I missed that. I meant 16oz cans. Buddy's making bean soup with meat in it.

Quid has a new favorite as of 23:02 on Feb 1, 2024

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Captain Hygiene posted:

My chili recipe may suck, but that's only because my balls are too enormously manly for me to fit through the door to go out and do grocery shopping :dukedog:

mine has sazon Goya:)

stereobreadsticks
Feb 28, 2008
My biggest complaint about that chili is that there's no chili in it. 2 tablespoons of chili powder and a bell pepper? What the gently caress is that? I don't have a problem with bell peppers as an ingredient, they can bulk things out and add a nice sweetness, but that can't be your only pepper if you want to call what you're cooking chili, especially if you want to go on for pages and pages about how this is chili for real men with big balls and hair on their everywhere or whatever the gently caress.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Technically there's black pepper, which I know doesn't really count, but I've been thinking about it lately. It's one of those ingredients that's so incredibly common that people just don't think about it, even if it serves an important purpose. Like vanilla.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I had to check

Those aren't really bad ingredients to put into chili, but if you're already getting specific with other ingredients, you probably should just go ahead and measure out your own onion powder to throw in. Maybe chop up a fresh onion even, that'll give some somethin' to the chili.

I remember that dorky throw away the McCormick chili mix and do it live with McCormick spices comic, which was also kinda silly with how aggressive it was being, but I at least respect the ide of having a specific flavor that you're going for instead of just taking the easy premade option that'll probably be different from brand to brand.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

what the gently caress

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I wish they didn't call black pepper pepper, like I wish they hadn't called the West Indies the Indies

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Data Graham posted:

I wish they didn't call black pepper pepper, like I wish they hadn't called the West Indies the Indies

Should be the other way around, pepper is pretty close to the Sanskrit word for black pepper. Chile or chili is a perfectly good word for the fruit of the Capsicum genus.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

If you haven't tried long pepper it is much more like a chile pepper than black pepper is, in shape spiciness and flavor to some extent. Super tasty stuff.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Long pepper is good.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Which of my local east asian, south asian, african or middle eastern food shop would be more likely to have long pepper

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Butterfly Valley posted:

Which of my local east asian, south asian, african or middle eastern food shop would be more likely to have long pepper

South Asian i think. i just mail order it.

it's cool, looks like tiny elongated pine cones.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

https://twitter.com/tyler02020202/status/1753521234099491103

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Por que no los dos

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Data Graham posted:

Naming things is hard, and often it's easier to just use an old name. Maybe we should get rid of old york, jersey, and Zealand now that their replacements are doing so well.

There's a lot of foods out there with names that translate to just being some funky kind of apple.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

I'm gonna need an exception regarding ropa vieja

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Captain Hygiene posted:

Por que no los dos

Hard liquor and beer :hmmyes:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Bier/Korn Schorle. :hmmyes:

(no.)

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Zero_Grade posted:

I'm gonna need an exception regarding ropa vieja

The meat is all shredded up so it looks like old clothes. What's there to get

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Butterfly Valley posted:

South Asian probably. If you have an Indonesian shop they will for sure have it.

Indian name is pippali.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Found an old book of all my kindergarten class's favorite recipes. I'll upload some more later but this is definitely my favorite

I have no idea what the name on the top of the page is

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Jellh has good taste

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Jeffy clearly

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Found an old book of all my kindergarten class's favorite recipes. I'll upload some more later but this is definitely my favorite

Ketchup?! What the gently caress, kid?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
mustard too spicy. you have to grow into it.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Please tell me you/the teacher wrote out the recipes they gave because otherwise that kid should get into calligraphy pronto.

3 hours in the microwave absolutely sounds like how long it must feel to a kindergartner waiting for their hot dog.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
the teacher wrote down whatever we said, we just got to draw the food / put our name down. the times and temps are all a littttttle questionable

here's mine. I wrote my name twice and it's equally unreadable. my name doesn't start with "m"

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

What's with all the microwave use?

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Jellh has good taste

Tunicate posted:

Jeffy clearly

JeCCH? J-e-double string bean-H? Are they spelling out a cuss word I don’t know about?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

FreudianSlippers posted:

What's with all the microwave use?

kindergartners

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Jellh has good taste

Do not make fun of my son, Jhotdoghotdogh

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Is that a lotion bottle next to the hamburger?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Non Compos Mentis posted:

Is that a lotion bottle next to the hamburger?

It’s the relish jar, OBVIOUSLY

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
My guess is all the microwave stuff is because it was the 80s/90s, and also that the name is Jess H because every second girl was called Jess so your identity required that last initial.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

AARD VARKMAN posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUIWWBpALPM&t=29s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

After the "long pepper" talk, I figured they were peppers