Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
But she sure is as pretty as the day she left the plastic surgeons outpatient clinic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Gyges posted:

At least this Deep State plant theory makes some level of sense. Imagine how dumb and desperate you'd have to be to willing hire her without nefarious machinations leading you astray.
She did allegedly step over the line to help him with a legal settlement, so you could at least tell yourself she was ruthless and would do whatever it takes to win.

But let's be honest, he probably got a tingly sensation in his button mushroom (and everyone competent has already walked away)

Pablo Bluth fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Feb 1, 2024

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Trump has legal issues on both sides of the Atlantic.
High Court throws out Trump's ex-spy dossier case

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Baka-nin posted:

Hah, thrown out due to statute of limitations, but frankly even here it would be thrown out on the merits - Steele wasn't the one who leaked the dossier, so being on the hook for it's leak would set insane precedents on all kinds of professions.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

OgNar posted:

Its the deep state that makes him make incompetent decisions.

https://twitter.com/egavactip/status/1752811251057488189

Trump cannot fail. He can only be failed and even then only by betrayal. His true followers know his perfection and the perfection of his plans.

Edit: Obviously Trump himself is a deep state plant sent to disrupt and destroy Trumps perfect plans.

Murgos fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Feb 1, 2024

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

OgNar posted:

Its the deep state that makes him make incompetent decisions.

https://twitter.com/egavactip/status/1752811251057488189

Habba Hotel: i sold my soul to a psychopathic freak, and you think that makes you unqiue.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
Some juicy gossip is that maybe Engoron delayed his verdict until Monday because the recent Receivers report about the $48 million ‘loan’ that now never existed needed to be addressed.

Which would be amazing but also make sense. He would be the one to get that report and rely on it for part of his decision.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Tesseraction posted:

Hah, thrown out due to statute of limitations

I feel like you need a better lawyer than Trump has if you want to argue that you were just too busy for six years and couldn't possibly have sued earlier

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Murgos posted:

Some juicy gossip is that maybe Engoron delayed his verdict until Monday because the recent Receivers report about the $48 million ‘loan’ that now never existed needed to be addressed.

Which would be amazing but also make sense. He would be the one to get that report and rely on it for part of his decision.

I had this same thought, although the "delay" is more a function of people relying on a general "end of January" timetable comment rather than anything concrete.

But it would make sense for that imaginary loan to be something he takes into account.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

PainterofCrap posted:

That's because you're not a toxic narcissist.

It's really, really hard for the vast majority of folks who fit into a relative/normative frame of thinking & emotion to understand what it's like to be so completely bugfuck-miswired.

evilmiera posted:

Had to deal with at least two over the course of time I worked in care. One was hated by legit everyone including their adoptive daughter and it was all 100 percent self-inflicted. They abused everyone's trust, resources and mental wellbeing. They also lived well into a hundred years old and were horrid right up until the end.
I was going to type a long thing about how weird it is they never learn anything, but I think I worked it out. That would require turning inwards and entertaining the not-fleeting thought that they erred in some way. The latter is an offensive idea and as for the former, it makes more sense for them not to want to look at something that ugly.

Murgos posted:

Trump cannot fail. He can only be failed and even then only by betrayal. His true followers know his perfection and the perfection of his plans.

Edit: Obviously Trump himself is a deep state plant sent to disrupt and destroy Trumps perfect plans.
This reminds me of the Bolling cartoon where DeSantis goes back in time to kill his politically inconvenient selves.

The Islamic Shock fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Feb 1, 2024

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

The Islamic Shock posted:

I was going to type a long thing about how weird it is they never learn anything, but I think I worked it out. That would require turning inwards and entertaining the not-fleeting thought that they erred in some way. The latter is an offensive idea and as for the former, it makes more sense for them not to want to look at something that ugly.
The narcissist in my life relayed a story. Her family was on the way to some kind of outing. She was 10 years old, had done something to her younger sister, and while her mother was tending to her sister in the house, her father went off on her. Telling her she was an awful, no good kid for her actions. Just the worst. According to her, this was not just a knee-jerk, parent at their limit response that he later apologized for saying. This went on for minutes with her in tears and shame over the action but then re-enforced by her father instructing her that she was awful. I felt both a) heartbroken over hearing this and b) realized this kind of event had to have happened more than once. My parents were at their limits with me a few times but I never received anything close to that.

As an adult, when a narcissist receives not just the kind of direct feedback about negative actions that the rest of us might face for a misdeed, but even the whiff of criticism, they go back to these events in their upbringing. It's beyond painful so they will go to the farthest extreme to defend themselves. Responses that are beyond any kind of justification the rest of us could ever comprehend doing ourselves.

That is my understanding of what goes on in the mind of a narcissist. But I have no idea what to do with that knowledge to counter the behavior and based on the continued, lifelong actions of 77 year old Donald Trump, nobody in his life does either.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Cheesus posted:

The narcissist in my life relayed a story. Her family was on the way to some kind of outing. She was 10 years old, had done something to her younger sister, and while her mother was tending to her sister in the house, her father went off on her. Telling her she was an awful, no good kid for her actions. Just the worst. According to her, this was not just a knee-jerk, parent at their limit response that he later apologized for saying. This went on for minutes with her in tears and shame over the action but then re-enforced by her father instructing her that she was awful. I felt both a) heartbroken over hearing this and b) realized this kind of event had to have happened more than once. My parents were at their limits with me a few times but I never received anything close to that.

As an adult, when a narcissist receives not just the kind of direct feedback about negative actions that the rest of us might face for a misdeed, but even the whiff of criticism, they go back to these events in their upbringing. It's beyond painful so they will go to the farthest extreme to defend themselves. Responses that are beyond any kind of justification the rest of us could ever comprehend doing ourselves.

That is my understanding of what goes on in the mind of a narcissist. But I have no idea what to do with that knowledge to counter the behavior and based on the continued, lifelong actions of 77 year old Donald Trump, nobody in his life does either.
Everything bad that happened to me was supposedly my fault until I was 16 and I got out of the resulting dark place at 21. I also don't think I'm inherently better than anyone or that smart. Has your narcissist been told straight-up by you or anyone that this story is why she's like that? Seems like this one's gonna get there eventually, preferably with help since that's a lot faster. I am able to take a crack at people like that, doesn't really work often to my knowledge and if it's sociopathy as well, hope they fall in love because that's a wrap for what you can do.

The only thing to do with that information about Trump is make something that looks very in his self-interest and is very the opposite.

The Islamic Shock fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Feb 1, 2024

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
From the GBS thread, I wasn't even aware Trump had a case going against the piss tape guy but he just got told to get lost anyway:

Stoatbringer posted:

Loser loses again.

U.K. judge dismisses Donald Trump's lawsuit over "Steele dossier"

quote:

London — A judge in London on Thursday threw out a lawsuit by former U.S. President Donald Trump accusing a former British spy of making "shocking and scandalous claims" that were false and harmed his reputation. Judge Karen Steyn said there were "no compelling reasons" to let the case Trump filed against Orbis Business go to trial.

The company was founded by Christopher Steele, who created a dossier in 2016 that contained rumors and uncorroborated allegations that caused a political storm just before Trump's inauguration.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-steele-dossier-uk-judge-dismisses-lawsuit-vs-orbis-business/

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

mobby_6kl posted:

From the GBS thread, I wasn't even aware Trump had a case going against the piss tape guy but he just got told to get lost anyway:
The realness of the piss tape was so overwhelming it was a valid defense of truth for everything else in the dossier

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Baka-nin posted:

Piss tape is real

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

The new lawyer search is not a big surprise. Habba correctly told Trump about the necessity of putting up 83 mil in order to file an appeal. He likely told her to gently caress off with that money request, and told her he'd find a lawyer competent enough to file the appeal without posting cash. He's gonna need alotta luck!

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Habba Hotel: i sold my soul to a psychopathic freak, and you think that makes you unqiue.

I get it. I get it, and I love it :hmmyes:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

mdemone posted:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/special-counsel-questioned-witnesses-2-rooms-fbi-search/story?id=106826552

lol the FBI didn't search two rooms at MaL because they changed the digital combo locks and nobody knew the password. by the time they found the person who supposedly knew it, the search warrant had expired.

they still haven't searched two rooms at MaL

lmao

additionally lol

edit: laffo

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Ms Adequate posted:

I get it. I get it, and I love it :hmmyes:

yeah that is a very solid joke

VVVV :raise:

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Feb 2, 2024

gregday
May 23, 2003

Jesus loving Christ.

quote:

In addition to the closet, the FBI also didn't search what authorities have called a "hidden room" connected to Trump's bedroom, sources said.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

quote:

In addition to the closet, the FBI also didn't search what authorities have called a "hidden room" connected to Trump's bedroom, sources said.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

There’s this thing called the Epstein Ward, a magical symbol you can etch upon any door or container that makes feds unable to search it. Trump has access to these dark secrets.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
It's cool, there no way Trump would hide anything in his closet or his Forbidden Room Of Mysteries

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!
Haven't they ever seen a concrete saw? WTF is this door made out of?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

I get the logic behind a search warrant having a time limit otherwise there's plenty of ways the cops could harass people, but it is amazing to me that if you can hold the gate long enough against the battering ram they have to give up and go home.

Also if you don't know a keycode you always try 0451.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

SpeedFreek posted:

Haven't they ever seen a concrete saw? WTF is this door made out of?

You can't just go busting down doors and trashing the place with a search warrant. Dude isn't a powerless poor or something.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Gyges posted:

You can't just go busting down doors and trashing the place with a search warrant. Dude isn't a powerless poor or something.

Had me going with the first sentence

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

He's a former presidents and this is a famous mansion. We can't just tears a holes in the wall

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

mdemone posted:

He's a former presidents and this is a famous mansion. We can't just tears a holes in the wall

I get the joke, but I wouldn't be shocked at all if most of Mar a Lago was just dry-wall and you could Kool-Aid Man right through it.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Xiahou Dun posted:

I get the joke, but I wouldn't be shocked at all if most of Mar a Lago was just dry-wall and you could Kool-Aid Man right through it.

Trump didn't build Mar a Lago, it was an existing historic property.

vvv I stand corrected.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Feb 2, 2024

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003

Discendo Vox posted:

Trump didn't build Mar a Lago, it was an existing historic property.

The smell though. You must not know much about construction if you don't know how stinky aromas break down the density of historic walls.

Ulf
Jul 15, 2001

FOUR COLORS
ONE LOVE
Nap Ghost

mdemone posted:

Should I be reading this in a Metalocalypse voice, if not why not?

selec posted:

There’s this thing called the Epstein Ward, a magical symbol you can etch upon any door or container that makes feds unable to search it. Trump has access to these dark secrets.

You're not supposed to just give legal advice like this to non-clients, I'm telling the bar. This doesn't work anyway, you're supposed to write "Elbereth" on a piece of paper and stand on it until the feds leave.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Ulf posted:

Should I be reading this in a Metalocalypse voice, if not why not?

Sorry sometimes I talks in the Skwigelf manners

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
No you draw an Enochian symbol on the wall in your blood and when you slap your bloody hand print on it it banishes angels… eh, Feds

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!

Gyges posted:

I know stealing documents classified as TS is nowhere near as dangerous someone dying of cancer growing pot in their basement, but did they even try?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

SpeedFreek posted:

I know stealing documents classified as TS is nowhere near as dangerous someone dying of cancer growing pot in their basement, but did they even try?

Apparently not.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

parthenocarpy posted:

The new lawyer search is not a big surprise. Habba correctly told Trump about the necessity of putting up 83 mil in order to file an appeal. He likely told her to gently caress off with that money request, and told her he'd find a lawyer competent enough to file the appeal without posting cash. He's gonna need alotta luck!

Alternatively one of Trump's trial lawyers pointed out how she failed at "basic" things like introducing evidence because she's a really bad trial lawyer and even amongst Trump lawyers they are sick of this hack show boating.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Remember when Trump took a lawyer off the documents case because he said to give everything back?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Ex-Trump Org. CFO in talks to plead guilty to perjury charge tied to civil fraud investigation

quote:

The former chief financial officer of the Trump Organization is in talks to potentially plead guilty to a perjury charge related to a civil investigation into the real estate company’s finances, people familiar with the matter said.

Allen Weisselberg, the former CFO, is in negotiations with the Manhattan district attorney’s office, but the talks are in the early stages and a deal has not been finalized, the people said. The potential charges relate to testimony Weisselberg gave in an interview with the New York attorney general’s office and at the related civil fraud trial of former President Donald Trump last year, one of the people said.

The talks could fall apart without a deal being reached.

If Weisselberg does reach a deal to plead guilty, it would be the second plea from Trump’s former longtime lieutenant, who in 2022 pleaded guilty to 15 criminal charges related to tax fraud and served 100 days in New York City’s Rikers Island jail. He testified at the criminal tax fraud trial of two Trump Organization entities, which were convicted and fined.

As part of the current deal under negotiation, the people said, Weisselberg is not cooperating against his former boss and is not expected to be called as a witness in the criminal trial scheduled to start next month.

Trump was indicted on 34 counts of felony counts of falsifying business records as part of a scheme to reimburse his former attorney for making payments to bury allegations of an affair before the 2016 presidential election. Trump has denied the affair and has pleaded not guilty to the charges. A number of Trump associates were called before the grand jury to give testimony, but Weisselberg was not among them.

Weisselberg’s attorney, Seth Rosenberg, could not immediately be reached for comment. A spokesperson for Alvin Bragg, the Manhattan district attorney, declined to comment.

The New York Times first reported that Weisselberg was in talks with prosecutors to resolve the investigation.

The district attorney’s office has pressured Weisselberg for months about potential charges related to insurance fraud and perjury.

It isn’t clear which statements Weisselberg would agree were false testimony. Weisselberg, who is also a defendant in the civil fraud lawsuit, was called as a witness by the New York attorney general’s office and testified at the trial last year. He was grilled over how the Trump Organization’s financial statements were composed and how they derived values for Trump’s properties.

The New York attorney general’s office is seeking more than $370 million in disgorgement from Trump as well as a ban from doing business in the state. A judge is expected to issue his findings this month.

May be related to the delay in Egoron's ruling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

SpeedFreek posted:

I’d think twice before I opened a door to a room that had a better than even chance of being Trumps Sex Dungeon.

That’s not the kind of thing you can unsee.