Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

my bony fealty posted:

love when there's someone pushing a stroller across the crosswalk and cars don't stop or slow down at all. infact they speed up to try and obliterate that baby.

They just wanna re-enact that scene from speed and believe it will be full of cans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
*checks wing mirror*

Haha gottem, that pram was full of shoplifted chopped tomatoes

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

quote:

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (TND) — Police in Louisville, Kentucky responded to a daycare Wednesday afternoon after a car crashed inside the building.

The car vs. daycare crash happened in the 4600 block of S Hurstbourne Parkway around 1:30 p.m. local time.

Louisville Metro Police indicated that children and staff at the daycare are "OK," as well as the driver.

The crash is believed to have been an "accident," but the cause is unknown at this time.

seems fine. just an accident.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

“the car vs. daycare crash”

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

The Maroon Hawk posted:

lol absolutely insane phrasing

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

car-involved daycare incident

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
the car proceeded forwardly into the brick structure of a child containing domicile

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

Rochallor posted:

the car proceeded forwardly into the brick structure of a child containing domicile

The vehicle was observed to contact a building. Shortly after the incident building debris struck several minors

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Samuel Glompers posted:

The vehicle was observed to contact a building. Shortly after the incident building debris struck several minors

It was a minor accident

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

gradenko_2000 posted:

It was a minor accident

lol

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

The Maroon Hawk posted:

lmfao

gradenko_2000 posted:

It was a minor accident

:vince:

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

https://twitter.com/mirijulip/status/1753147663271530527

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

all the garbage truck bro poo poo aside:
one park 2 miles away is super depressing and indicative of how loving awful suburban america is. 2 miles is not close!

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

silicone thrills posted:

one park 2 miles away is super depressing and indicative of how loving awful suburban america is. 2 miles is not close!

right, are the kids supposed to include an hour long round trip commute in their play time planning? don’t teach them ridiculous things just because life sucks for adults.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I just love that someone complaining about how it's inconvenient to drive somewhere tries to solve his problem by getting someone else to drive somewhere.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Demolish StreetSide’s house, and build a public park on the lot.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I was cheering for the daycare.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Update: the curbside bike lanes on Valencia Street are “historic” now.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Platystemon posted:

Whatever it takes to get people to stop building center bike lanes.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Platystemon posted:

They’re historic, in that they continue the storied tradition of cyclists getting creamed by idiot drivers.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

silicone thrills posted:

it really isn't lol. i guess if you're car brained and you're just resigned to driving literally everywhere it makes sense but gently caress, i want to be able to take my kids out to a playground or small park by foot. i have two playgrounds/parks within 500m. probably 7-8 within 1km. 3.2km is like a 3rd of the way across town.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

silicone thrills posted:

I wonder if the closest park being 2 miles away has anything to do with the kids playing in the street instead of the park

SimonSays
Aug 4, 2006

Simon is the monkey's name

spacemang_spliff posted:

I wonder if the closest park being 2 miles away has anything to do with the kids playing in the street instead of the park

Nah they simply crave trukk grille

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Playing in the street ftw, so many games of hockey. Sounds like a pretty good setup if the neighbours are working together to keep it safe rather than having to rely on someone paying enough attention to shout 'car' every five freakin minutes

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

DaysBefore posted:

Playing in the street ftw, so many games of hockey. Sounds like a pretty good setup if the neighbours are working together to keep it safe rather than having to rely on someone paying enough attention to shout 'car' every five freakin minutes

They do this in my neighborhood. The city will actually give out special road closed signs and people set up a line of trash cans on both sections to cordon off a safe spot like every friday at 3-7pm during the summer in my neighborhood. There's been moments when it annoyed me because i had to turn around and take a different route but i appreciate it keeping kids safe and allowing big games.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

week before last they closed a bridge here because it was 8 degrees and it probably iced over, very unsafe bridge at times. there were cones set up to block it. I saw em and turned around and went the other way.

the car behind me stopped for a moment then drove right through a gap in the cones and down the hill to the bridge. dunno what happened to them but there were also cones on the other side, without gaps big enough for a car.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

lobster shirt posted:

amtraks website keeps returning an error so i cant confirm this is still true, but, i recall looking at possibly taking a train from houston (where i live) to new orleans, and learning that the train only goes one way. or in other words it's not that much slower than driving to go from houston to new orleans, but if you want to return you have to catch the exact same route which goes to chicago and arizona before finally hitting houston again. great! real convenient.

i did nola to chicago once and that was ok

18 hours and no wifi and at the time it cost as much as a plane ticket there (we flew back)

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i did nola to chicago once and that was ok

18 hours and no wifi and at the time it cost as much as a plane ticket there (we flew back)

whenever i've taken amtrak I make sure I have a cell hotspot for the trip

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

my bony fealty posted:

week before last they closed a bridge here because it was 8 degrees and it probably iced over, very unsafe bridge at times. there were cones set up to block it. I saw em and turned around and went the other way.

the car behind me stopped for a moment then drove right through a gap in the cones and down the hill to the bridge. dunno what happened to them but there were also cones on the other side, without gaps big enough for a car.

I've never done it but I've always figured that if you really really wanted to get through a road blocked by cones (and there was no person on scene to stop you), you could get out of your car and move them out of the way

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Get out of my car?

Are you mad?!

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
I assume that type of person will just drive over it

SimonSays
Aug 4, 2006

Simon is the monkey's name

gradenko_2000 posted:

I've never done it but I've always figured that if you really really wanted to get through a road blocked by cones (and there was no person on scene to stop you), you could get out of your car and move them out of the way

They do it all the time in my city, it sucks so much

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

SimonSays posted:

Nah they simply crave trukk grille

lol

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

gradenko_2000 posted:

There's also a variety of reasons to keep some extra traffic cones in your trunk. Most people really do treat them like they're enchanted or something.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

There's also a variety of reasons to keep some extra traffic cones in your trunk. Most people really do treat them like they're enchanted or something.

municipal authorities should put spike strips behind cones. let's see who wants to break the enchantment now.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

they are

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

my bony fealty posted:

municipal authorities should put spike strips behind cones. let's see who wants to break the enchantment now.

put them on top of a bollard to cast a really high level spell for no mana cost

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Minera posted:

put them on top of a bollard to cast a really high level spell for no mana cost

Cities in the US don’t build bollards because they’re afraid of being sued by drivers who hit them

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

NJB is right

https://twitter.com/CarsRuinedCity/status/1753100532481487306

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

there's an unironic just one more lane bro civil engineer in the comments lol