Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

Silly Burrito posted:

I love this reference

Always some white boy trying to invoke the holy Trilogy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3XTHVC1Nf0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

redshirt posted:

If Trump won't debate, Biden should make a recurring deal of it.

Trump "afraid" to debate.
Trump not brave enough to face Biden on the stage.
Challenge his ego, watch him rage and flail.

He should use presidential language and call Trump a pussy.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Saying no one follows foreign policy is pretty funny considering Reagan himself got the presidency by exploiting foreign policy pretty skillfully and extremely coldly

Not quite. The foreign policy stuff had an effect for sure (Iran hostage crisis, failed rescue attempt, Boycotting the Olympics, Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan), but the main reasons Reagan won were economic ones. Inflation, taxes, and energy prices were pretty rough in the late 70s/early 80s for a middle class family that was used to things being relatively stable (and cheap!) in the post-war era.

Also a large heaping of grievance politics. Reagan announced his campaign in Neshoba County, Mississippi. Same place that three civil rights workers were murdered in while registering black voters in the 60s. Lee Atwater also clarified as much that they used the busing crisis and other racial issues to their benefit.

But anyways this is the Trump lol thread so :lol: at that loser and a big :lol: at the GOP having little cash on hand because they keep doubling down on this dipshit.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
He should show up at Maralago in a transam with the t-tops off and just lay rubber till he covers the mansion in smoke.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Borscht posted:

I bet in a heads up competition, t swift could beat trump both in the ring or at the ballot box. I would love to witness either.

I'd actually love to see Biden work out a deal in advance of November to give Taylor a next to meaningless but official White House position that doesn't actually necessitate her being in Washington. Like, youth outreach ambassador or something.

The chud implosion would be heard 'round the world.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1753214919007207657?s=20

Someone missed the "this is a grift movement" call it seems.

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

Handsome Ralph posted:

Not quite. The foreign policy stuff had an effect for sure (Iran hostage crisis, failed rescue attempt, Boycotting the Olympics, Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan), but the main reasons Reagan won were economic ones. Inflation, taxes, and energy prices were pretty rough in the late 70s/early 80s for a middle class family that was used to things being relatively stable (and cheap!) in the post-war era.

He was the friendly movie star/grandpa who told us everything was going to be alright and "It's morning in America again".

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Cowslips Warren posted:

I am still amazed that the GOP has not done a drat thing to break from trumpy. I mean, throw out anyone else that actually has a snowball's chance in Hell to get elected. make Trump take his crazies elsewhere, split into a new party.

It's probably got something to do with the fact that they 100% need Trump's crazies voting GOP, if they want even a snowball's chance of winning elections on the national level

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

I'm actually more interested in the "hidden room connected to Trump's bedroom" myself.

Love to speculate on what went on in there.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Esplanade posted:

I'm actually more interested in the "hidden room connected to Trump's bedroom" myself.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Handsome Ralph posted:

Also a large heaping of grievance politics. Reagan announced his campaign in Neshoba County, Mississippi. Same place that three civil rights workers were murdered in while registering black voters in the 60s. Lee Atwater also clarified as much that they used the busing crisis and other racial issues to their benefit.

But anyways this is the Trump lol thread so :lol: at that loser and a big :lol: at the GOP having little cash on hand because they keep doubling down on this dipshit.

gently caress Lee Atwater, by the way.

E:

Lee "You Can't Say Gamer Words Anymore So You Gotta Say It Another Way and the Racists Will Get It" Atwater

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

Hollismason posted:

I wonder if Trump is going to debate Biden. Personally I don't think he will. I think this will be one of the first presidential races where the two candidates didn't debate.

It will be hard for him to do that from prison

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

BigglesSWE posted:

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1753214919007207657?s=20

Someone missed the "this is a grift movement" call it seems.

If everything she just said were typed out and I read it I would have assumed it was a Rachel Maddow monologue or something, minus the parts where she says she was at one point part of the convoy. She's sooooo close to actually getting it, but I'll just assume she never will and "LIBERALS!!!" will be her enemy forever.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
I'm trying to come up with a scenario in my head where Trump has any shot in hell of winning and I just can't do it.

Even if it's a lower turnout election that will probably hurt Trump more. He has done nothing to gain undecided voters he has no policies or plans and quite frankly I think people are just kind of tired of him as weird as it is to say Biden being boring as poo poo is probably working to his benefit as people remember having to wake up each day with Trump as president stressing over if this was the day he was going to start world war 3.

This divide in the Republican party is killing them. I'm going to say that if Trump is found guilty of anything whether or not he sees prison he will have no chance of winning the election. Even being a convicted felon may not turn a lot of Republican voters but it will turn some and it will probably be enough with how razor thin the margins are for him.

Biden has a strong economy and no major scandals and his incumbency working for him and I think that's enough for him to be either Haley or Trump. Basically what I'm saying is it's far too early to say anything but I just don't feel like there is any path for Trump to succeed here.

The closest I can think of is Biden dying in October or some massive economic downturn but that's about it. poo poo even the economic downturn may not matter because we had one in 2022 and look how that turned out in the midterms.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Beefed Owl posted:

Nah its not realistic that Trump will be in prison by Oct. Even if found guilty they'll probably let him say outside prison on appeal.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

Beefed Owl posted:

I'm trying to come up with a scenario in my head where Trump has any shot in hell of winning and I just can't do it.

Even if it's a lower turnout election that will probably hurt Trump more. He has done nothing to gain undecided voters he has no policies or plans and quite frankly I think people are just kind of tired of him as weird as it is to say Biden being boring as poo poo is probably working to his benefit as people remember having to wake up each day with Trump as president stressing over if this was the day he was going to start world war 3.

This divide in the Republican party is killing them. I'm going to say that if Trump is found guilty of anything whether or not he sees prison he will have no chance of winning the election. Even being a convicted felon may not turn a lot of Republican voters but it will turn some and it will probably be enough with how razor thin the margins are for him.

Biden has a strong economy and no major scandals and his incumbency working for him and I think that's enough for him to be either Haley or Trump. Basically what I'm saying is it's far too early to say anything but I just don't feel like there is any path for Trump to succeed here.

The closest I can think of is Biden dying in October or some massive economic downturn but that's about it. poo poo even the economic downturn may not matter because we had one in 2022 and look how that turned out in the midterms.

Of 538's 13 most recent polls, Turnip is ahead in 5 (and Haley in 2).

And it's 100% always a good bet that Democrats are going to shoot themselves in the collective dick a week before election day, as is tradition.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Beefed Owl posted:

Biden has a mild heart attack

Kamala in charge for a couple of days

Any real health hiccup like that changes everything, sad to say

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Latest MAGA freak out

Why they are so upset

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Beefed Owl posted:

You're working under the assumption that Trump voters give half a poo poo about ANY of that. Hint: they don't. They never have.

If a Biden scandal is needed, they invent one. (Border. Gay sex tape.) Strong economy? TRUMP DID IT because Wall Street is predicting his win.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Latest MAGA freak out

Why they are so upset

Be gay, don't do treason

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Jan 6th brought the best and brightest

quote:

A North Carolina woman was arrested Thursday and charged with storming the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 thanks to a hotel key card she left at the scene. Sandra Lee Hodges, 61, occupied a Senate office at one point that day with far-right “celebrity” Anthime “Baked Alaska” Gionet—but she insists she was simply “sucked into the building” by the angry mob, according to a criminal complaint unsealed in Washington, D.C. federal court.

At about 2:12 p.m., a MAGA-hatted Hodges joined the swelling crowd in the West Plaza of the Capitol grounds, the complaint continues. It says Hodges made her way to a line of police barricades as officers sprayed the encroaching throng with tear gas. Hodges responded by yelling, “Freedom!” at the cops, according to the complaint, which describes Trump supporters “wrestling over barricades and law enforcement deploying crowd control methods against aggressive rioters.”

According to the DOJ, Hodges lounged on a couch in the office of Democratic Sen. Jeff Merkley while Baked Alaska made mocking pretend calls from Merkley’s phone.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Batterypowered7 posted:

gently caress Lee Atwater, by the way.

E:

Lee "You Can't Say Gamer Words Anymore So You Gotta Say It Another Way and the Racists Will Get It" Atwater

Evergreen post.

Seriously, gently caress that dude.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Jan 6th brought the best and brightest

I got sucked into a building once.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Beefed Owl posted:

Trump doesn't need to gain undecided voters - all he needs is for a very small percentage of Biden '20 voters to stay home or vote third party.

As for the "divide" in the Republican party - if there's one sure thing in politics, it's that Republicans always, always, always fall in line come Election Day. Meanwhile, you've got Democrats loudly declaring that there's no way they'll vote for Biden in '24.

On the economy, Biden's approval numbers are terrible. Inflation may be down now, but people are still upset that things cost more than they did 4 years ago.

It's all too easy for me to see a scenario where Trump wins in '24.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Are you telling me that committing treason is a crime and having gay sex isn't???!!!!

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Latest MAGA freak out

So is straight butt sex ok? Y N?

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

I'm liking this Biden guy more and more.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Jelly posted:

Are you telling me that committing treason is a crime and having gay sex isn't???!!!!

Chuds in absolute shambles at the revelation.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Biden is presidential

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

Jelly posted:

Big, if true!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Esplanade posted:

the boring answer is panic room, which honestly isn't the worst thing to have as a wealthy* former president

but with Trump who knows

Feb 2, 2024

Beefed Owl posted:

after the fact*

Feb 2, 2024

Hollismason posted:

prison appeal

of which there is no assistance whatsoever

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Google Jeb Bush posted:

the boring answer is panic room, which honestly isn't the worst thing to have as a wealthy* former president

but with Trump who knows

It's a hemborger room

Feb 2, 2024
The Buckshot Approach towards Recruitment

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

DaveWoo posted:

Trump doesn't need to gain undecided voters - all he needs is for a very small percentage of Biden '20 voters to stay home or vote third party.

As for the "divide" in the Republican party - if there's one sure thing in politics, it's that Republicans always, always, always fall in line come Election Day. Meanwhile, you've got Democrats loudly declaring that there's no way they'll vote for Biden in '24.

On the economy, Biden's approval numbers are terrible. Inflation may be down now, but people are still upset that things cost more than they did 4 years ago.

It's all too easy for me to see a scenario where Trump wins in '24.

Yeah, Republicans only need one reason to vote. Democrats only need one reason not to. A lot can happen over the coming months, but I'm already at the point where I need to unplug from the web to keep myself from becoming a useless cynic. Might as well get used to the rhythm of praying like hell that the American people don't end civilization because we caught 'em in a bad mood on the wrong day.

If this century has taught us anything though, it's that anything can happen and worrying yourself to worthlessness doesn't help. Who knows? Maybe we'll wake up tomorrow and find out the Supreme Court has a few vacancies due to a freak gasoline fight accident.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

I liked him because he talks like me

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
The only thing that worries me about the November election is if Biden has a health scare. I think that could turn people off to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I would respect Biden a lot more if he dropped an F bomb at a presser.

I have great news for you.