Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Berries are super easy to grow though and cost 50 good each, which is how much milk and eggs cost. I’d rather buy milk and eggs and buy the berries and milk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Black Marketers drop 10k gold and a Gold Key on death.

They also whip out a Minigun in self-defense, so... y'know. Try not to die if you're farming them.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
do they sell rarer pals than regular merchants?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Ssssort of? Depends on the location.

King Cocoa Butter
Mar 24, 2021

Don't be ashy.

Mailer posted:

I'm tempted to do something silly like make five more sets of armor and see if having ~2k defense from armor glitched into every slot makes me immune to damage enough to melee a legendary to death. :v:

Before you go doing this I think they fixed this glitch in the patch last night

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Berries are super easy to grow though and cost 50 good each, which is how much milk and eggs cost. I’d rather buy milk and eggs and buy the berries and milk.

Eh, It takes 8/7/8 so berries aren't any worse to buy and take up 3 pokes at a base or go pretty slow. You need planting, watering, and growing.

You can put down 5 cows and 5 chickens and 5 bees in 4 ranches and have 1k+ of each with almost no pathing issues.

Then rotate in bees and get 3 of the ingredients from one spot all at once.

And fried eggs restore SAN just like baked berries.

bus hustler fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Feb 2, 2024

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Goddamn the sword is cheap to make, cheap to repair and demolishes resource nodes.
It freed up a space now that I don't have to carry a pick and an axe.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

bus hustler posted:

Eh, It takes 8/7/8 so berries aren't any worse to buy and take up 3 pokes at a base or go pretty slow. You need planting, watering, and growing.

You can put down 5 cows and 5 chickens and 5 bees in 4 ranches and have 1k+ of each with almost no pathing issues.

If you're baking cakes you need wheat, so adding in a berry plantation is basically free anyways. Otherwise you could shove a Caprity in the ranch and get berries that way.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

There's several pals that can do both planting and gathering stages so you really only need two pals to run a farm, and they can keep up both a berry and wheat plantation no problem. You need to feed them anyways.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

bus hustler posted:

lol come on man make the drat plantations

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

one pal seeds one pal harvests boom 1000 berry

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I got a robocop and a massive sea serpent

:blastu: :norway:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The spectral presence of your own deer over most of that image just really adds that special something to it

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

King Cocoa Butter posted:

Before you go doing this I think they fixed this glitch in the patch last night

Aww that sucks. I was going to equip all armor, all shields, etc. I guess if it leads to fixing the unfun bugs I can take the hit to the silly exploits.

Now just make catching stuff not suck. :colbert:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I can't update Palworld on PC Game Pass. Not the first time this has happened with this game, but before restarting my computer resolved it.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Well, I have everything but the very top Pals. Trying the hardest bosses with kitted out Pals still seems pretty much impossible, even with a full team of elemental-specific pals I run into the 10 minute timer. Might be balanced for multiple players together, but I don't think I'm going to farm out the dungeons to try and get better schematics and breed attack passives for the very final climb since I don't have others playing with me.

Good game.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
the shortcut recipe to breed Anubis is great. Having a dude with handiwork 3 in my pocket is the biggest time saver, let alone the fact that I can just breed infinity of them at the rate I can farm cakes to work in the mines for me

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
I don’t care if I find a better mount later I’m riding boss Quivern till I die.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Atoramos posted:

Well, I have everything but the very top Pals. Trying the hardest bosses with kitted out Pals still seems pretty much impossible, even with a full team of elemental-specific pals I run into the 10 minute timer. Might be balanced for multiple players together, but I don't think I'm going to farm out the dungeons to try and get better schematics and breed attack passives for the very final climb since I don't have others playing with me.

The outdoor bosses you want have the benefit of being outdoors where you can drop a base just outside the boss' marked area and pull them over. Summon 20 level 50 Blazamuts on Frostallion and just try not to die in the meantime. I doubt stuff like Jetragon representing QoL present only when you've already exhausted the game will change because that just seems to be how people make games, so cheat every way possible.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Why is there no merchant that sells Pal Fluid? They sell all the organs and bones and leather and poo poo. Why not fluids?

Its like they WANT me to feel compelled to murder every last teafant, pengullet, fuack, and cealray I see...

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Why is there no merchant that sells Pal Fluid? They sell all the organs and bones and leather and poo poo. Why not fluids?

Its like they WANT me to feel compelled to murder every last teafant, pengullet, fuack, and cealray I see...

Going to Gobfins Turf is the best solution I've found. Only Gobfins spawn in groups of 3 and they drop fluid.

Also you could always turn up the drops from pals to make that grind less tedious.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Javid posted:

the shortcut recipe to breed Anubis is great. Having a dude with handiwork 3 in my pocket is the biggest time saver, let alone the fact that I can just breed infinity of them at the rate I can farm cakes to work in the mines for me

What is the shortcut?

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
penking + bushi, which are relatively easy to snag well before you could fight the big boss version

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

When breeding does it matter if you use an Alpha? I'm trying to get every Pal and every Alpha.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
I am using this breeding calculator, I guess is the one everyone uses

https://palworldtrainer.com/breed-calculator

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Atoramos posted:

Good game.

If you really just want to beat the last tower boss, craft an assault rifle, and set damage done to pals to max in the world settings.

Dox023
Feb 23, 2009

Tei posted:

I am using this breeding calculator, I guess is the one everyone uses

https://palworldtrainer.com/breed-calculator

There are several good breeding calculators, it’s mostly personal preference at this point.

https://www.palpedia.net/breeding

https://palworld.kimpton.io

https://genshinlab.com/palworld-breeding-combos-calculator/

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I have a dedicated server that was set to 15 pals/base. I tried upping it to 20/base but after a few server resets the max pals per base hasn't increased. Has anyone had this issue and found a way to fix it?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

When breeding does it matter if you use an Alpha? I'm trying to get every Pal and every Alpha.

Only if you are trying to pass down the legendary trait.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

The Slack Lagoon posted:

I have a dedicated server that was set to 15 pals/base. I tried upping it to 20/base but after a few server resets the max pals per base hasn't increased. Has anyone had this issue and found a way to fix it?

I haven't tried it myself yet but apparently you have to use a save file from a single player game since the dedicated server config is capped at 15 no matter what you set it to:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Palworld/comments/19drt1a/dedicated_server_worker_pals_always_limited_to_15/

Pathing being as janky as it is, I'm worried more Pals would make it even worse so just installed a mod to increase base count

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Wintermutant posted:

I haven't tried it myself yet but apparently you have to use a save file from a single player game since the dedicated server config is capped at 15 no matter what you set it to:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Palworld/comments/19drt1a/dedicated_server_worker_pals_always_limited_to_15/

Pathing being as janky as it is, I'm worried more Pals would make it even worse so just installed a mod to increase base count

Adding to this, I came across a tool that's supposed to do stuff like this although I have not tested it:

https://github.com/legoduded/palworld-worldoptions?tab=readme-ov-file

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I used some skill fruits on some captured humans, they don't actually use the skills it seems to remove their ability to attack at all.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

you gave them brain damage. pretty hosed up

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Now we know what happen when human learn pal skill. Very hosed up

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
You can remove active skills by right clicking them btw

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

ymgve posted:

does the game actually register headshots on pals and/or humans differently?
Extra damage and a fancy different sound effect on hit. It's not terribly obvious until you get a handgun.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
[Duke Nukem voice] I've got Lamballs of steel.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Do the catch rates ever really improve? Now that I'm pushing level 35 it seems like every high level pal will have a sub 10% catch rate even when near dead and with higher level spheres. I've also maxed out the Lifmunk Effigy catch rate thing, though the impact of that seems unclear.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

PittTheElder posted:

Do the catch rates ever really improve? Now that I'm pushing level 35 it seems like every high level pal will have a sub 10% catch rate even when near dead and with higher level spheres. I've also maxed out the Lifmunk Effigy catch rate thing, though the impact of that seems unclear.

There's a big reddit thread about how the Lifmunk Effigies actually decrease catch rates:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Palworld/comments/1agnc05/major_bug_lifmunk_effigies_reducing_the_capture/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

You’re supposed to move on to mass producing the next tier of sphere when that starts happening, and up to a point that’s doable with appropriately set up bases. But I think the highest level pals are a crapshoot regardless.