Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Three Olives posted:

Something that I think is going to be a bigger thing than people can imagine is how much money is going to be wasted on Trump's vanity during the campaign, it is going to be stupid. Security to throw people out of his events, oversized venues so he can lie and say he sold out arenas, his stupid loving 757 which is completely impractical and stupid expensive to use for almost daily campaigning.

We are going to get to October and there will be article after article about how the campaign is struggling to pay for ads because Trump has wasted $70M flying his 757 around along with another 737 just for campaign staff.
It will be wasted on things that send money to Trump, and then just not spent and leaving people at venues because the Trump Campaign refused to pay the bus drivers. And cities / venues not being paid on time. Money that doesn't go to Trump won't move.
:sickos:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Grammarchist posted:

Tip O'Neil has already lit one man's loins afire.

Just the tip.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

kazil posted:

anyway, have a lol

:laffo::drat::laffo:

HE HAS A PEPPER BAR! :lmao:

zone
Dec 6, 2016

BigglesSWE posted:

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1753214919007207657?s=20

Someone missed the "this is a grift movement" call it seems.

Didn't think the leopards would eat your face huh? tough.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Jean-Paul Shartre posted:

January Six? Oh no.

January Sex? Hell yes.

Electric January Six?

red19fire
May 26, 2010

vaginite posted:

Trump: We're looking for a hung jury.
Alina: I'm on it.

Trump: Goddamn it

12 Angry Inches.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Driving me crazy that there's only 11 Hunters. Where's Hunter???

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

kazil posted:

PBS is in the pocket of Big Bird

You did it. I am so proud of you.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

John Yossarian posted:

I recently read that Trump met with the union teamsters to get their support, and it might actually work. I know a few people that are in unions and they support Trump, even though he's strongly anti-unions. Biden has probably been the most pro-union president in years, yet these freaks will vote for Trump. It's absolutely nuts.

Not remotely surprised by this:

Lived in Southeast Michigan for 26 years, grew up there. There are A LOT of old racist chuds in unions there, white flight bullshit was/ is very real there.

I don't think Trump will get any union endorsements overall (besides like normal chud things like Police, Security guards, etc.) but you can bet your rear end a lot of old sacks of poo poo from Macomb County who are in auto/ teamster unions will pull the lever for him.

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Feb 2, 2024

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

There's that, and also I wonder how many people there are who are like "I'm in a union, and I want whoever is in charge to destroy the union so I don't have to be in the union anymore. That way I'll get more money"

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Data Graham posted:

There's that, and also I wonder how many people there are who are like "I'm in a union, and I want whoever is in charge to destroy the union so I don't have to be in the union anymore. That way I'll get more money"

My conversations with some of the olds there kinda went like that yeah.

But it was more "why should my union dues pay for the _____s in Detroit, they should get their own union" or "all these taxes, the Dems are terrible for the working man!" *buys second pontoon boat*

A lot if it is just very virulent racism there from white boomers since the riots in the 60s, but A LOT of chuds there are temporarily embarassed millionare mindset, and they just overspend like crazy to go boating on the local lakes in the summer and creepily hit on underage girls in bikinis while being in their 50s on their stupid loving pontoon boat.

Like it's such a status symbol to have one of those stupid pieces of trash in SE MI and piddle about on the local lakes, you have no idea

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Data Graham posted:

Admittedly I heard this from a small factory owner in Ohio so take it with the biggest grain of salt, but probably. I was there for an audit and at dinner that night he was mentioning he was having trouble hiring people because he was offering big boy job benefits like healthcare/etc, possibility of advancement/pay raises, that sorta stuff. But there were other factories in the area beating his base pay by a buck an hour and that was all the potential hires seemed to care about. Claimed he'd even sit some guys down and outline how much the benefits are worth in monetary value and how that beat what they'd be getting paid elsewhere, but they'd almost just stare at him blankly and go 'but the other place will pay me a dollar more an hour'.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Accipiter fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Feb 2, 2024

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

ishikabibble posted:

Admittedly I heard this from a small factory owner in Ohio so take it with the biggest grain of salt, but probably. I was there for an audit and at dinner that night he was mentioning he was having trouble hiring people because he was offering big boy job benefits like healthcare/etc, possibility of advancement/pay raises, that sorta stuff. But there were other factories in the area beating his base pay by a buck an hour and that was all the potential hires seemed to care about. Claimed he'd even sit some guys down and outline how much the benefits are worth in monetary value and how that beat what they'd be getting paid elsewhere, but they'd almost just stare at him blankly and go 'but the other place will pay me a dollar more an hour'.

Yeah. Let's not be underestimating the degree to which people would happily go without insurance or retirement savings if it meant another few hundred bucks a month NOW.

It's practically the whole theme of the Trump Years

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

red19fire posted:

12 Angry Inches.

Two references at the same time?! :eyepop:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Data Graham posted:

Yeah. Let's not be underestimating the degree to which people would happily go without insurance or retirement savings if it meant another few hundred bucks a month NOW.

It's practically the whole theme of the Trump Years

It's also "I will take less lesser. It means the oppressed people under me make no money, they keep taking all of my money" :shepface: racism worm brain

Old whites in America seem particularly vulnerable to that strain: if they are above someone, anyone, even if they are not making much they are doing better, and thus higher status than the lessers.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

ishikabibble posted:

Why doesn't that company just pay them one more dollar an hour. "We can't get anybody to work for us but we'll be damned if we pay them even one more dollar an hour"

And yes I know in some companies a $1 raise across the board can be a good amount of cost but if it's costing you good labor maybe it's worth the investment

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

zone posted:

Didn't think the leopards would eat your face huh? tough.

I think this is closer to “these leopards are actually wolves wearing leopard masks.”

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Caveman Cat posted:

Tröemp!

It's pronounced Tröemp.

Trømp

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.
Meanwhile, the Pentagon is actually WASTING THEIR TIME ON RESPONDING TO THIS poo poo. At least they're doing it with tongue firmly in cheek.

quote:

Last month, Fox News host Jesse Watters speculated that [Taylor] Swift might be a Pentagon "psyop" — an asset used for psychological operations.

“It’s real. The Pentagon psy-op unit pitched NATO on turning Taylor Swift into an asset for combating misinformation online,” Watters said.

Pentagon spokesperson Sabrina Singh pushed back against Watters claim, referencing one of Swift’s big hits by saying in a statement, “as for this conspiracy theory, we are going to shake it off.”

“But that does highlight that we still need Congress to approve our supplemental budget request as Swift-ly as possible so we can be out of the woods with potential fiscal concerns,” Singh added, seizing the opportunity to slyly highlight a Swift song by telling Congress “I Wish You Would” grant the administration its supplemental budget request.

And hilariously:

quote:

Representatives for Swift did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
all republicans are chickenshit bozos
https://packaged-media.redd.it/yeqi...615eca8890d#t=0

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

LOL I just read that the stormy daniels case hasn't started yet. That's scheduled for March.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Beefed Owl posted:

Why doesn't that company just pay them one more dollar an hour. "We can't get anybody to work for us but we'll be damned if we pay them even one more dollar an hour"

And yes I know in some companies a $1 raise across the board can be a good amount of cost but if it's costing you good labor maybe it's worth the investment

Shrug. It wasn't really my place to push him on it since I was just a technical engineer on my team there for the audit and I hate business social dinners :v:

They had enough staff to fulfill production on our schedule so it wasn't like he couldn't get anyone to work for him, and I'm sure it was probably another sly 'look at how hard we're trying on this contract pls be nice to us' thing. But I can at least believe there's a kernel of truth in it.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Terrorizing the children.... for freedom, I guess.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

"[Australians] are dependent on their government telling them what they can and cannot do. They're not free."

Republican lawmaker doesn't understand laws.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

I see Nite Crew had a good time

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Ah yes, when in doubt, brandish a gun like it actually means anything.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Accipiter posted:

"[Australians] are dependent on their government telling them what they can and cannot do. They're not free."

Australia had a mass shooting in 2018 (7 killed including perpetrator) and 2019 (4 killed). These are the only mass shooting since Port Arthur in 1996.

It should be pointed out that personal gun laws in Australia are the responsibility of state governments, not the federal government.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Accipiter posted:

Republican lawmaker doesn't understand laws.

These are the same fuckers who think everyone is itching to murder but the only thing stopping them is the 10 Commandments.

Not even Laws, just religious dogmas.

_____!
May 2, 2004

Grey Cat posted:

Gonna storm the capitol with a crowd of passionate gays. Reclaiming January Sex.

We can make america gay again.

Go Woke, Go Broke

Go Gay, Get Pay

Galginaitis
Oct 25, 2006

Diagnosis: Inflammation of the Galgin
https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/01/politics/roberta-kaplan-donald-trump-deposition-maralago/index.html

Roberta Kaplan says Trump threw papers across table at Mar-a-Lago deposition because his legal team agreed to feed her lunch

quote:

Attorney Roberta Kaplan said former President Donald Trump threw papers across a table and stormed off during a deposition at Mar-a-Lago after learning that his legal team had agreed to provide her lunch.

Kaplan, who has represented clients in high-profile cases against Trump, including E. Jean Carroll, said on an episode of the “George Conway Explains it All (to Sarah Longwell)” podcast recorded Thursday that she rejected the former president’s request that they work through a lunch break because he believed the deposition was “a waste of my time.”

“And then you could kind of see the wheel spinning in his brain. You could really almost see it,” Kaplan told Republican strategist Sarah Longwell and conservative attorney George Conway, a longtime Trump critic. “And he said, ‘Well, you’re here in Mar-a-Lago. What do you think you’re going to do for lunch? Where are you going to get lunch?’”

Kaplan said she told him that his attorneys had “graciously offered to provide” her team with lunch — a common civil practice between opposing legal teams.

“At which point there was a huge pile of documents, exhibits, sitting in front of him, and he took the pile and he just threw it across the table. And stormed out of the room,” Kaplan shared, adding that Trump specifically yelled at his lawyer Alina Habba for providing them lunch.

“He really yelled at Alina for that. He was so mad at Alina,” she said.

Kaplan continued: “He came back in and he said, ‘Well, how’d you like the lunch?’ And I said, ‘Well, sir, I had a banana. You know, I can never really eat when I’m taking testimony.’ And he said, ‘Well, I told you,’ — it was kind of charming. He said, ‘I told you, I told them to make you really bad sandwiches, but they can’t help themselves here. We have the best sandwiches.’”

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

Galginaitis posted:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/01/politics/roberta-kaplan-donald-trump-deposition-maralago/index.html

Kaplan continued: “He came back in and he said, ‘Well, how’d you like the lunch?’ And I said, ‘Well, sir, I had a banana. You know, I can never really eat when I’m taking testimony.’ And he said, ‘Well, I told you,’ — it was kind of charming. He said, ‘I told you, I told them to make you really bad sandwiches, but they can’t help themselves here. We have the best sandwiches.’”

This guy... you can't invent this. He's such a unique little turd flower.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
353,000 new jobs in January and wages rose 0.6%, beating analyst estimates

And wall street thinks those are bad numbers lmao

Galginaitis
Oct 25, 2006

Diagnosis: Inflammation of the Galgin

busalover posted:

I got so hung up on the lunch thing I almost missed this next part of the article.

quote:

In a separate anecdote, Kaplan detailed the end of the deposition when she was set to leave, saying that Trump told her: “See you next Tuesday” – a phrase that is often used as a derogatory euphemism directed at women.

“We come in the room and I say, ‘I’m done asking questions’ and immediately I hear from the other side, ‘Off the record. Off the record. Off the record.’ So they must have planned it. And he looks at me from across the table and he says, ‘See you next Tuesday,’” she recounted.

Kaplan said that she was initially confused, as their next meeting was set for a Wednesday. “You could tell it was like, it was like a kind of a joke again, like teenage boys would come up with. But again, I wasn’t in on the joke,” she said.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

busalover posted:

He's such a shattered shell of humanity. I wouldn't trust those sandwiches at all the brain broke motherfucker would probably have poisoned them.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Galginaitis posted:

Roberta Kaplan says Trump threw papers across table at Mar-a-Lago deposition because his legal team agreed to feed her lunch

Was there ever a time when this kind of pettiness and tantrummy behavior was considered acceptable? By anyone?

Also huge LOLs at the last line. "I told them to make you bad sandwiches. Because I am a petty tantrummy bitch. But the sandwiches were good. Because everything I touch is the best. So there!"

I hope he dies alone, poor, and in pain.

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

Seth Pecksniff posted:

353,000 new jobs in January and wages rose 0.6%, beating analyst estimates

And wall street thinks those are bad numbers lmao

Trump just truthed this out. Wall street watches the polls and number goes up when he's leading. :trumppop:

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

I love that Donald Trump spends every waking moment in agonizing anger.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

BrigadierSensible posted:

Was there ever a time when this kind of pettiness and tantrummy behavior was considered acceptable? By anyone?

Also huge LOLs at the last line. "I told them to make you bad sandwiches. Because I am a petty tantrummy bitch. But the sandwiches were good. Because everything I touch is the best. So there!"

I hope he dies alone, poor, and in pain.

Nah he won't die alone because Don Jr. will be there telling him how much he loves him and Don Sr. Is going to say something like "You always were my favorite Barron" and immediately die

SlurredSpeech609 posted:

Trump just truthed this out. Wall street watches the polls and number goes up when he's leading. :trumppop:

Lmao wut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

quote:

“At which point there was a huge pile of documents, exhibits, sitting in front of him, and he took the pile and he just threw it across the table. And stormed out of the room,”

"I think my strongest asset, maybe by far, is my temperament. I have a winning temperament."