Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

Eimi posted:

You just fell victim to one of the classic blunders. Never post a piece without leveling it up.

well... I was hoping for crit dmg but it could be worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

soscannonballs posted:

Considering checking this game out, anyone know of any good beginner guides? Sounds like a big patch just came out and I heard you get a free 5* unit. I played a Genshin for a bit and I play/played Epic 7 and Summoners war so I'm not a newbie to this style of game. Iirc Genshin didn't have a great way to reroll a new account, so I am assuming its the same here. Any characters I should look out for in whatever summons I get?

For the record the big patch isn't out yet, it's still a couple days away

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Meowywitch posted:

For the record the big patch isn't out yet, it's still a couple days away

The free 5 star is now though.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Played for a bit tonight and did all my pulls on the beginner banner, got Clara as the guaranteed 5*. Only new 4* unit I got was Sampo, otherwise got some dupes of the starter characters. My team so far is the main character, Dr Ratio, Asta, and then either March 7 or Serval depending on what element I need. I don't think I am gonna mess with Clara since she is the same class/element as the main guy. I haven't used any of the premium summons yet, not sure if the current banners are good or if the new one in a few days will be better

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

soscannonballs posted:

Played for a bit tonight and did all my pulls on the beginner banner, got Clara as the guaranteed 5*. Only new 4* unit I got was Sampo, otherwise got some dupes of the starter characters. My team so far is the main character, Dr Ratio, Asta, and then either March 7 or Serval depending on what element I need. I don't think I am gonna mess with Clara since she is the same class/element as the main guy. I haven't used any of the premium summons yet, not sure if the current banners are good or if the new one in a few days will be better

Clara is a much better Physical unit than the Trailblazer, and the TB themselves can eventually change their element, so I wouldn't dismiss her just yet.

As for your golden tickets, I'd save them all for Sparkle, who's on the second banner in the upcoming patch, and is looking to be a Bronya tier support character.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Garrand posted:

I feel like that's still less effort than trying to speed tune to specific turn orders across multiple characters.

It's something stupid like 160 or 140 or whatever Speed. It is absolutely a ton of Speed....but it's funny to watch.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Bronya is great. Sparkle is coming in 6 weeks, and that might be a decent alternative.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

How is Sparkle similar to Bronya tier wise and how is she different? I’m still debating who my 2.0 pick is going to be because I don’t think I can pull both.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Sparkle's skill boosts an ally's action forward like Bronya, except it's only 50% instead of 100%. Although that really only matters for optimized speed-tuned teams; you were rarely getting the full 100% anyway. Instead of providing a single target damage boost and party wide crit damage boost with her ult, she provides a single target crit damage boost and a party wide damage boost with her ult/talent. Also she generates a ton of SP instead of taking it all up.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Bronya's DMG buff on her Skill also expires at the end of the target's turn, while Sparkle's Crit DMG buff expires at the start of the target's next turn, meaning she plays better with follow-up characters like Dr. Ratio who will perform follow-up attacks outside of their own turn. Sparkle also has a passive that gives a big ATK boost to Quantum allies specifically depending on how many Quantums there are in the party (up to 3 including herself), so she plays extra well with Qingque. None of this is a knock against Bronya, though.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Clarste posted:

Sparkle's skill boosts an ally's action forward like Bronya, except it's only 50% instead of 100%. Although that really only matters for optimized speed-tuned teams; you were rarely getting the full 100% anyway. Instead of providing a single target damage boost and party wide crit damage boost with her ult, she provides a single target crit damage boost and a party wide damage boost with her ult/talent. Also she generates a ton of SP instead of taking it all up.

blizzardvizard posted:

Bronya's DMG buff on her Skill also expires at the end of the target's turn, while Sparkle's Crit DMG buff expires at the start of the target's next turn, meaning she plays better with follow-up characters like Dr. Ratio who will perform follow-up attacks outside of their own turn. Sparkle also has a passive that gives a big ATK boost to Quantum allies specifically depending on how many Quantums there are in the party (up to 3 including herself), so she plays extra well with Qingque. None of this is a knock against Bronya, though.

Thanks! :cheersdoge:

Sparkle seems pretty useful then, especially when I don’t have Bronya yet… but DoTs are something I want to play around with more and Kafka would play well with Swan. drat.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I'm going for Black Swan over Sparkle because Kafka is one of my main DPS, so I'm kind of obligated to get her, and I'll need to save afterwards to try and get a 5* Preservation character.

I at least already have Bronya and Ruan Mei (and Huohuo and her mini-Harmony deal), and honestly Bronya's been benched for months for me after I got Topaz for Clara, so hopefully missing out on another cracked 5* Harmony won't hurt too bad.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Roll for Teri

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I want Black Swan for my DoT team and Sparkle for my Quantum team. I'd have to get lucky to get both though.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Clarste posted:

I want Black Swan for my DoT team and Sparkle for my Quantum team. I'd have to get lucky to get both though.

This is the boat I'm in. Sparkle will definitely have to play second fiddle to Black Swan, though.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I have both a DoT and Quantum team. Black Swan is a skip for me. I don't like her design or animations, and I refuse to pull for meta or power creep.

I'm on the fence for Sparkle. She looks cute and fun, her animations are cool, and she solves a lot of problems with my current Quantum team.

I'm going to wait until the 1.1 program before I decide. I want to know Adventurine's official kit first.

Thankfully, I can roll the 50/50 for Jing Yuan's lightcone. I'm sitting on a guarantee for my next character, and I'm 40 deep on pity.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Summoning demon hands is cool.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Clarste posted:

That, and I play entirely too much Astrologian in FF14 to pass up Gacha Astrologian. :v:

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I speed tune Bronya by having her be really slow, then you do not need to think about it.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Clarste posted:

It's as simple as this.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Black Swan is cool. Plus she power creeps Sampo, not Kafka and plenty of 5* characters power creep 4* ones. If anything, Kafka is the one character who can't be power crept in the game really because how good she is is dependent entirely on who else in her team can inflict DoTs.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Selenephos posted:

Black Swan is cool. Plus she power creeps Sampo, not Kafka and plenty of 5* characters power creep 4* ones. If anything, Kafka is the one character who can't be power crept in the game really because how good she is is dependent entirely on who else in her team can inflict DoTs.

Unless they add another, even better DoT triggering character. :v:

But yeah, Kafka is absolutely the foundational cornerstone of anything DoT-centric. Since I have her (and at E1 no less), I'm more interested in Swan than Sparkle in a vacuum.

Plus, Black Swan can literally just steal everything Sampo owns and immediately contribute.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
This might be a bit too early to ask since BS isn't out yet, but I have a puzzle if anyone's game:

I have Kafka and Guinaifen, and am going to get Black Swan. For light cones, I have Good Night and Sleep Well S5, Good Night and Sleep Well S1, and also have the resources to buy In the Name of the World S1 and/or Solitary Healing S5 and/or Fermata S5. I also get Nameless Honor so I could go for one of those Nihility cones long-term. I don't have any Eyes of the Prey, and my Tutorial Mission is permanently glued to Silver Wolf. Assuming I want to "set and forget" light cones for each of these three chars, which one should I assign to which?

EDIT: Solid logic, blizzard, thanks! 👍

Izzhov fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Feb 2, 2024

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Black Swan actually works very well with Sampo alone too, even without Kafka. Arcana counts as Wind Shear automatically, so an E4 Sampo can detonate both his own Wind Shear and Black Swan's, and each individual detonation from Sampo increases BS's Arcana stacks in turn, so they synergize very well together. Against Wind-weak bosses (spoiler: there's a big one coming next patch) you might genuinely want to run him over Kafka, especially since Sampo is still the fastest breaker for Wind element.

e:

Izzhov posted:

This might be a bit too early to ask since BS isn't out yet, but I have a puzzle if anyone's game:

I have Kafka and Guinaifen, and am going to get Black Swan. For light cones, I have Good Night and Sleep Well S5, Good Night and Sleep Well S1, and also have the resources to buy In the Name of the World S1 and/or Solitary Healing S5 and/or Fermata S5. I also get Nameless Honor so I could go for one of those Nihility cones long-term. I don't have any Eyes of the Prey, and my Tutorial Mission is permanently glued to Silver Wolf. Assuming I want to "set and forget" light cones for each of these three chars, which one should I assign to which?

Probably Solitary Healing or Fermata S5 on Kafka and GNSW S5 on Black Swan, then GNSW S1 on Guin. Burn has the weakest BE scaling so I don't think I'd really recommend Solitary Healing on Guin. Solitary Healing on Kafka makes her Ult faster when you have mobs in the mix, but Fermata gives you a more consistent damage boost. Both Black Swan and Guin have two debuffs on their kit while Kafka only has one, so in situations where you might want to run them and Kafka separately, they can get more out of it.

In the Name of the World is stronger than Fermata, but it also costs 30 pulls. If you don't mind spending that much though you can go for it and put it on BS, then give the GNSW to Kafka.

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Feb 2, 2024

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

blizzardvizard posted:

Black Swan actually works very well with Sampo alone too, even without Kafka. Arcana counts as Wind Shear automatically, so an E4 Sampo can detonate both his own Wind Shear and Black Swan's, and each individual detonation from Sampo increases BS's Arcana stacks in turn, so they synergize very well together. Against Wind-weak bosses (spoiler: there's a big one coming next patch) you might genuinely want to run him over Kafka, especially since Sampo is still the fastest breaker for Wind element.

Oooh, I didn't think of that. I wonder how well just using all three would go and say gently caress sustain, keeping things broken forever is sustain.

Luckily I have Luka and Gui's gear that Sampo can steal after Black Swan steals his. :v:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

black swan really isnt powercreep, shes just a contributor to DOT teams. if anything she makes kafka stronger.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Kafka also makes BS stronger. It's just synergy.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Yeah. For me Swan lets me be able to build a DoT team at all, because RN my DoT is basically just Kafka and incidental Clara bleeds. Well, I do have Luka but if I'm choosing investment he's at the bottom of the list. And really more than anything in the upcoming batch I need more damage for Kafka. I think.

Now if Fu Xuan or Luocha or Huohuo were in the upcoming banners I'd be all over that first since right now sustain is just 2/3 of the Landau siblings.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Has there even been any actual power creep? Seele is still the #1 MoC performer. Closest is probably Luocha and lynx for making bailu/nat obsolete I guess? And even then that's a limited 5* compared to standard which doesn't feel too wrong.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

powercreep to me generally implies when a unit is just ___ but better which yeah only really applies to the healers. but for a lot of people powercreep means 'they released another unit that is also strong'

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

acumen posted:

Has there even been any actual power creep? Seele is still the #1 MoC performer.

Is she really? That feels wild to me when Jingliu and DHIL exist.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Kyrosiris posted:

On the prydwen MoC database for fastest clears this set, the DPS are:

1-2: Seele
3-7: Jingliu
8: Kafka/Sampo
9: Dr Ratio
10: Seele

So smaller sample size but likely full of enthusiasts/competitive players. Seele is almost always (always?) in there

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kyrosiris posted:

She's not the most used character but the two most-used teams both use her. Seele/Silver Wolf/Fu Xuan/Buffer teams are extremely strong.

Of course it also depends on the exact MoC. This one extremely favors Dr. Ratio and everyone just got him for free so he's the most used DPS right now.

It also depends if you're defining it as 'used characters for 3 star clears' or 'lowest turncount clears,' because there's a level of efficiency you can push for beyond what 3 stars needs.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Generally speaking Super-Dan and Jingliu's 'power creep' over Seele is that they require lower investment than her to get all the MoC rewards, because as semi-AOE units who don't need to hit oneshot breakpoints they can get away with having weaker relics.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

acumen posted:

So smaller sample size but likely full of enthusiasts/competitive players. Seele is almost always (always?) in there

That's wild. Need to build mine out more I guess. :v:

Endorph posted:

It also depends if you're defining it as 'used characters for 3 star clears' or 'lowest turncount clears,' because there's a level of efficiency you can push for beyond what 3 stars needs.

Yeah, that tracks. I've always looked at it myself in the lens of "just get the 3-star" because I know I'm not whaling/grinding the genius mines nearly hard enough for 0-cycle shenanigans.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

You kinda can't directly judge powercreep between DPSes since element also matters. Those Prydwen clear charts will also vary depending on the boss weaknesses.

Maybe Acheron will more or less powercreep Jing Yuan though

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

acumen posted:

That list isn't a list of the fastest teams, it's a list of the most commonly used teams. The most common team, Seele/Bronya/SW/FX, averages at 8.06 cycles, while the third most common team, Jingliu/Bronya/Pela/FX, averages at 7.09 cycles.

e: That said, I don't think there's any meaningful difference between 7.09 and 8.06 unless you're got some speedrunner/time attack brain. As long as you're below 10, you're fine.

Ryanbomber fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Feb 2, 2024

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Revitalized posted:

well... I was hoping for crit dmg but it could be worse

I just got 3 crit damage/crit rate/speed ones for Argenti and all three hit crit damage and effect res. I ended up 2 shy of the second speed breakpoint and with 27% crit rate and 176% crit damage so I needed to do some more farming and shuffling.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

This specific MoC also really disfavors Lunae because of the bonus for enemies being debuffed. With how SP hungry he is its' really hard to fit him, a buffer, and a debuffer in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Endorph posted:

This specific MoC also really disfavors Lunae because of the bonus for enemies being debuffed. With how SP hungry he is its' really hard to fit him, a buffer, and a debuffer in.

Wait, I thought the current turbulance was just "throw some debuffs on people at the start of wave/cycle".