Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Horsebanger posted:

Can we just skip boring 2024 season and get to 2025 season already

We’re not skipping past the McLaren WDC season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Thanks Ants posted:

We’re not skipping past the McLaren WDC season

Please take your meds, your family is very worried about you.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

this is the one (lewis is the one)

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Rinkles posted:

is hamilton >>> sainz? cause i imagine this is gonna cost ferrari a pretty penny.

Drivers aren't included in the budget cap anyway so they don't care.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
I just hope Lewis and Charles get along

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
https://x.com/ScrewderiaF1/status/1753087107436806650?s=20

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Theophany posted:

Please take your meds, your family is very worried about you.

As a Ferrari fan I assume this is insight you've gained from years of experience

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Hyped for Il Stevenaggio

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Last season was dog poo poo but I am pumped to see what this exciting young driver Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE can bring. I am wearing red and my passione overfloweth

Furious George
Oct 3, 2002
The funniest thing that could happen next is Alonso to Merc so he can relentlessly bully george until he cries, and Aston make Stroll the No.1 driver, bringing in Drugovich as the No 2 who proceeds to destroy him every race until he cries.

Max wins the championship and everyone continues to not care about that.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Good news

https://www.racefans.net/2024/02/02/suzuka-secures-its-place-on-f1-calendar-until-2029-with-new-deal/

quote:

Its contract was due to expire after this year’s round. However race promoter Mobilityland has agreed a new, five-year contract with Formula One Management to secure its future. Mobilityland is owned by Honda, which will return to F1 as a full power unit manufacturer supplying Aston Martin from 2026.

F1 CEO Stefano Domenicali said the track, which first joined in the F1 calendar in 1987, was “a special circuit and part of the fabric of the sport.”

“As we prepare to return to Japan earlier than usual this season, l would like to express my huge gratitude to the promoter and team at Honda MobilityLand for supporting our effort towards greater calendar rationalisation as we look to make the sport more sustainable,” he added. “Our fans in Japan embrace Formula 1 with a unique passion and we look forward to working with the promoter to give fans the experience they deserve for years to come.”

Never in doubt :clint:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Suzuka ka ka ka ka

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
We are soon going to hear Lewis say 'Unbelievable!' in an Italian accent.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Cimber posted:

We are soon going to hear Lewis say 'Unbelievable!' in an Italian accent.

I migliori tifosi del mondo

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Giovanni, le mie gomme non ci sono più

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Great, so we have at least one good race track confirmed for the next few years

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

I still can't believe it.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I am and always have been a Ferrari fan.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I am a Mercedes fan for at least another year

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

net work error posted:

I am a Mercedes fan for at least another year

Same, OP!

Also, Merc admin never misses

https://www.instagram.com/p/C22GkeDNKWF/?igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

the last time ferrari were good they were infiltrated by ze germans and the brits.

let this be the first step towards a return to glory..

also

friendship ended with Mike Krack, my best friend is now Lewis "Luigi" Hamiltone

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
https://twitter.com/ErikvHaren/status/1753318252514533622?t=hXffVJGsTAclIRcOrrWQiA&s=19

Translation from gibberish: The Amsterdam District Court has ruled in favor of Jeroen Schothorst (Investrand) in the case brought against Nyck de Vries. De Vries must repay a loan of 250,000 euros, plus interest, and also give up half of his F1 income from last year.

pwnt?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

GramCracker posted:

https://twitter.com/ErikvHaren/status/1753318252514533622?t=hXffVJGsTAclIRcOrrWQiA&s=19

Translation from gibberish: The Amsterdam District Court has ruled in favor of Jeroen Schothorst (Investrand) in the case brought against Nyck de Vries. De Vries must repay a loan of 250,000 euros, plus interest, and also give up half of his F1 income from last year.

pwnt?

lol nyck de fees

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Fining drivers for abysmal performances sounds great.

Latifi, Palmer and Stoffel on suicide watch after this news.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

FAUXTON posted:

lol nyck de fees

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

broke dyck nyck also

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

:lol:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

A tough lesson in what happens when you trust the Red Bull system to do right by you

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
Oof.

And I mean oof.

Does this get applied as a credit to the cost cap?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Basically someone invested in his F2 career on the condition that if he got to F1 before the end of 2022 he would pay them half his F1 earnings.

Nyck claims the Williams drive at Monza wasn't "an F1 race drive" and so he didn't race in F1 until 2023 and didn't have to pay.

Showing the same judgment that he demonstrated throughout his time in F1.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I like when he made a bunch of bold proclamations about being team lead and then was shocked when Tsunoda was way faster than him.

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3

FAUXTON posted:

lol nyck de fees

lmao

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

lmao, I'm thankful this stupid sport generates so many laughs.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Dudley posted:

Basically someone invested in his F2 career on the condition that if he got to F1 before the end of 2022 he would pay them half his F1 earnings.

Nyck claims the Williams drive at Monza wasn't "an F1 race drive" and so he didn't race in F1 until 2023 and didn't have to pay.

Showing the same judgment that he demonstrated throughout his time in F1.

half his F1 earnings is like what a fuckin amazon gift card and some team gear?

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
lol nyck

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

FAUXTON posted:

Yeah I assume they were hoping for more but he did also have to give them back the initial loan if he made it which is probably 99% of the payout.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

Kvlt! posted:

my personal theory is the idea behind his move is that Lewis thinks the Ferrari cars are better and his experience/skill with strategy will replace lovely Ferrari strategy allowing him to win the championship

but it leads to a paradox: if he is driving for Ferrari, all his strategies become Ferrari strategies and thusly are doomed to fail

This is how I see it. In any case, late stage don't give a gently caress Hamilton and Ferrari incompetence will combine to make for some amazing radio.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

FAUXTON posted:

A double negative. If you take into account damages caused by DeBris the person awarded damages would end up owing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
So I was thinking: Mercedes WDC in 2024 and then Ferrari WDC in 2025?