Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

The sound of my code being peer reviewed.

Having worked in code QA for years, I feel you. People never liked me shoving their code back at them and telling them all of the things wrong with it even though it was 100% necessary in order to keep our services running and reliable. I'd overhear people on calls talking poo poo about how I still wouldn't approve their code even though they thought it was fine. Look, if I input these particular characters and click your button and then the database server crashes, it's not my fault. One of our tens of thousands of customers is definitely going to stumble across that at some point and then everyone is going to point fingers at either Catastrophe for missing it or Dave The Dev for effing things up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
the job of QA is to tell me everything is great and there are no issues

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Mozi posted:

I joined the QA team there at a time when that department was openly beloved and respected. It was a "thank you for being here for us" environment, surprisingly. Over time, as the company changed hands through various investors who kicked people out the door in order to hire in cheaper contractors, it changed into a "how dare you question my work?!" environment.

This belongs more in the stupid poo poo your work does thread. Sorry.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Still cursed though.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

nothing more cursed than workers engaging in class warfare against other workers

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Mozi posted:

How long have you been working at Boeing

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Watch out, pregnant Kirsten Dunst is here to deliver a manastab, just like in ye olde heroic fiction.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

*patting Kirsten Dunst on the kneecap* Oh congratulations, when are you due?

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Captain Hygiene posted:

*patting Kirsten Dunst on the kneecap* Oh congratulations, when are you due?

TBF in the thumbnail I thought that was a giant monoboob for a second :shobon:

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Classic case of goon knee-blindness

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
We're gonna all be even more confused when it turns out he was referring to the image on the left.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

r/malelivingspace is cursed through and through

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

ya know all things considered I gotta wonder way back in prehistoric times, just how truly awful an actual mancave would have been.....

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Scratch Monkey posted:

the shitposts like this are the best part about that sub

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
'check it out! my bed is shaped like a 'the wheel'! is yours?'

'i sleep on a big rock with my wife.'

VanOwen
Oct 8, 2011

Any group that controls this many fonts and is bold enough to use all these exclamation marks must be incredibly powerful! And soon, in fact this Thursday in the cafetorium, I shall become their leader!

Scratch Monkey posted:

Man I really want him to get like the tiniest TV possible and just be there grooving to QVC or whatever is on TV still.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

VanOwen posted:

Man I really want him to get like the tiniest TV possible and just be there grooving to QVC or whatever is on TV still.

Old CRT box, no remote would be perfect.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

DandyLion posted:

ya know all things considered I gotta wonder way back in prehistoric times, just how truly awful an actual mancave would have been.....

just a pile of straw and a fire pit

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

DandyLion posted:

Think of the troll larder from The Hobbit, but with more poop.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

VanOwen posted:

I think like a huge 70"+ cheap LCD TV, poorly mounted close to the ceiling with trailing cables to one games console sat on the floor would be equally tragic

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Samsung TV/Refrigerator door mounted to the wall connected to a Xbox One.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

One of these:

Vakal
May 11, 2008
One has to wonder how many of those Tom Paris from Voyager figures were ever actually sold.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Scratch Monkey posted:

You know what I like about this?

Not a god drat thing.

I wish I had that. Not a god drat thing, and a beer. That's heaven right there.

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

Scratch Monkey posted:

This reminds me of the end of Solaris, in which the alien planet recreates his father and home. Everything is off in weird ways, because it doesn't understand why humans do what they do. So he's like standing under a bad ceiling leak and doesn't notice the water pouring onto him.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Kharnifex posted:

Remember those wierd goofy cosplay pictures, it became part of some wierd self harm kids game and several platforms like google auto delete the pictures or hide them. Blue whale or something.

i still wanna know what this post is talking about. i feel like a manchurian candidate who only heard half the activation phrase

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Lazy_Liberal posted:

i still wanna know what this post is talking about. i feel like a manchurian candidate who only heard half the activation phrase

it’s a slavosphere satanic panic type thing that got picked up and amplified by trashy news outlets around the world
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Whale_Challenge

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Lazy_Liberal posted:

I think they are talking about the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Momo_Challenge_hoax?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

that’s what happened when the slavosphere thing was picked up and amplified by youtubers and other such clout chasers who added minecraft to the mix

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

The momo pic still makes me uncomfortable, it's pretty cursed

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

brb killing myself to win some dumb internet challenge

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Worst mod challenge ever

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
While I don't like the look of these spaces, I do like the idea of a space so sparsely furnished and decorated that it could be cleaned in seconds.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Azza Bamboo posted:

While I don't like the look of these spaces, I do like the idea of a space so sparsely furnished and decorated that it could be cleaned in seconds.

The catholic church has a variety of places you can live out this fantasy professionally.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Killer robot posted:

They're (more or less) all dairy, just not all cheese. The lowest end made with vegetable oil is the stuff you get when you can't afford Kraft singles.

It's related to how regardless of your feelings about Hershey's chocolate, when you can't spring for that you get the "chocolate flavored" stuff that replaces the cocoa butter with palm oil.

There's also "evaporated filled milk" which is concentrated skim milk with cheap vegetable oil added to replace the expensive butterfat. Popular dollar store item since dairy price hikes took the real thing out of range.

Thread relevant since we just discussed "Cheese Product"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aGNAxN5Z-o

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Vakal posted:

One has to wonder how many of those Tom Paris from Voyager figures were ever actually sold.

I would buy one. And a B'elanna Torres doll. And I'd make them kiss and make *mwah mwah* noises.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I wish they made the Tom Parris "from that one special episode" action figure

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

TotalLossBrain posted:

I wish they made the Tom Parris "from that one special episode" action figure

you can just buy tadpoles, nobody will stop you

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007