Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Seth Pecksniff posted:

353,000 new jobs in January and wages rose 0.6%, beating analyst estimates

And wall street thinks those are bad numbers lmao

We are on pace to hit a new all time high today once the market opens in about 30 minutes. Yesterday was hugely green that wiped out Wednesday’s sell off and the overnight is big green already as well. Biden weak economy trump expected to win balalalalalallgksjxhhdjsjd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Seth Pecksniff posted:

353,000 new jobs in January and wages rose 0.6%, beating analyst estimates

And wall street thinks those are bad numbers lmao

Good economic numbers. Has CNN posted their pre-written article yet on why this is bad news for Biden? I'd check but I don't want to give them a click.

I'm not a violent person and I admittedly wouldn't do this if I were there but there's this big part of my brain that really wants to say "hey, what's that over there?" and when he looks pull the gun from his waist, back up, and point it at his head. The statement I would be trying to make wouldn't ever resonate with him but it would feel pretty good. Seriously though what the gently caress kind of coward would flash a piece at a kid? JFC.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Toxic Mental posted:

We are on pace to hit a new all time high today once the market opens in about 30 minutes. Yesterday was hugely green that wiped out Wednesday’s sell off and the overnight is big green already as well. Biden weak economy trump expected to win balalalalalallgksjxhhdjsjd

Futures are down rn but let's see what happens when the bell rings

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Forgive me if this is a bit callous but I was thinking about it earlier today after a conversation with my Mum: How much is the death toll from covid expected to impact the election? Didn't a big a chunk of Trump's diehard supporters get killed because they refused to vaccinate? Are they still doing that? Is covid still culling them?

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

Captain Fargle posted:

Forgive me if this is a bit callous but I was thinking about it earlier today after a conversation with my Mum: How much is the death toll from covid expected to impact the election? Didn't a big a chunk of Trump's diehard supporters get killed because they refused to vaccinate? Are they still doing that? Is covid still culling them?

If the Covid doesn't kill them, the constant grift just might...

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

tek79 posted:

I'm not a violent person and I admittedly wouldn't do this if I were there but there's this big part of my brain that really wants to say "hey, what's that over there?" and when he looks pull the gun from his waist, back up, and point it at his head. The statement I would be trying to make wouldn't ever resonate with him but it would feel pretty good. Seriously though what the gently caress kind of coward would flash a piece at a kid? JFC.

The kinda dipshit that thinks that kids' lives pale in comparison to the big bribes he gets from gun lobbyists. These sort of people are completely amoral and give exactly zero fucks about the future of anything but the balance of their bank accounts.

Zardoz was a weird as hell movie but the least weird part about it would be the freaks worshiping a giant stone head that glorifies guns.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

kuarduck posted:

If the Covid doesn't kill them, the constant grift just might...

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Captain Fargle posted:

It isn't callous. The people who refuse the vaccine because they believe easily disproven internet conspiracy theories or deny Covid as being a real are poo poo people top to bottom. But to my knowledge I don't think there's been any concrete direct evidence for it, but covid is pretty much undoubtedly killing Trump voters disproportionately. They're older, dumber, and less likely to take precautionary measures against just about anything. As far as elections go Republicans have only lost in just about every meaningful election since Trump lost in 2020. Covid probably had some small part in that.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Futures are down rn but let's see what happens when the bell rings

When I wrote that it was +15 points lol

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Throwing papers, berating people over sandwiches, and wink wink “i called her the c-word tee hee!”
He’s the golden, platonic ideal of a panicked pissbaby screamchud.

Queen-Of-Hearts fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Feb 2, 2024

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Horse paste: the (eternal) cure-all for anything that ails you :rolleyes:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

MAGA responds

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

I don’t know why but i pictured ivermectin as being sold in single serve tubes like gogurt.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

Queen-Of-Hearts posted:

Throwing papers, berating people over sandwiches, and wink wink “i called her the c-word tee hee!”
He’s the golden, platonic ideal of a manic pissbaby screamchud.

But have we ever asked ourselves WHY conservatives are willing to overlook his character flaws? There must be a reason they don't mind so much that he's such a monumental loving rear end in a top hat, but what could it be?

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/dogfanhan/status/1753108725244809565?s=20

I have no idea where this is but it's gotta be somewhere in Orange County because holy poo poo lol

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Rescue Toaster posted:

There must be a reason they don't mind so much that he's such a monumental loving rear end in a top hat, but what could it be?

"He's just like me!"

That's all it is and that's all it's ever been.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

It’s arrested development. ALL the way down.
One day you’re going through life, full of potential to grow as a human being, and the next day your brother stops that cold with a plate of mashed potatoes to your dome.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Speedboat Jones posted:

I have no idea where this is but it's gotta be somewhere in Orange County because holy poo poo lol

Being food service in SoCal (yeah, probably Orange County) there's a 99.9999% chance they're relying on undocumented workers for their labor because no way the white trust-fund high school kids they think should be working these sorts of jobs are going to be doing anything but smoking weed and surfing/snowboarding.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Rescue Toaster posted:

But have we ever asked ourselves WHY conservatives are willing to overlook his character flaws? There must be a reason they don't mind so much that he's such a monumental loving rear end in a top hat, but what could it be?

Trpmu is who they want to be. To be the biggest possible rear end in a top hat in a room and get away with it.

VanOwen
Oct 8, 2011

Any group that controls this many fonts and is bold enough to use all these exclamation marks must be incredibly powerful! And soon, in fact this Thursday in the cafetorium, I shall become their leader!

Speedboat Jones posted:

Freedom "Slush"

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

That place makes me further realize that regressive tradwives must have to feed their husbands like toddlers. Substituting “open wide for the airplane!” With some gun themed nonsense.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ah yes, my definition of freedom is when a member of the government brandishes a gun at me and tells me what to think

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

"Disease X" is just COVID-19, right? And they refuse to acknowledge that it is still the same COVID that's smacking into all of their horse pasted asses?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

COVID-20

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Random Stranger posted:

"Disease X" is just COVID-19, right? And they refuse to acknowledge that it is still the same COVID that's smacking into all of their horse pasted asses?

I wonder if they don't mean that ivermectin should be used as a cure-all whenever a new disease emerges.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

tek79 posted:

Being food service in SoCal (yeah, probably Orange County) there's a 99.9999% chance they're relying on undocumented workers for their labor because no way the white trust-fund high school kids they think should be working these sorts of jobs are going to be doing anything but smoking weed and surfing/snowboarding.

looks like its in Lake Elsinore, which is Inland Empire. Basically the Deep South of SoCal

PC LOAD LETTER
May 23, 2005
WTF?!

Captain Fargle posted:

There are some studies on it that strongly suggest substantially more R's than D's died after the vaccines were introduced but its very hard to find out the impact this would or could have on elections now or in the recent past.

https://www.npr.org/2023/07/25/1189939229/covid-deaths-democrats-republicans-gap-study

The general trend from another study is that for most areas about twice the number of R's died vs D's but it varies quite a bit area to area and the studies had difficulty accounting for various factors like wealth disparity and stuff. So none of these studies are considered solid but are more interesting and are enough to indicate a trend but that is it.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

FREEDOM BITES holy poo poo.

I'm trying to imagine the inverse of this restaurant for the left and my brain just can't.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Progressive Pierogi's

It would be in Pittsburgh

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Total Party Kill posted:

I'm trying to imagine the inverse of this restaurant for the left and my brain just can't.

The inverse is a totally normal smoothie place, with pictures of blueberries and whatever in place of 1776 cult garbage.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

Accipiter posted:

"He's just like me!"

That's all it is and that's all it's ever been.

zone posted:

Trpmu is who they want to be. To be the biggest possible rear end in a top hat in a room and get away with it.

I do try to explain this to people and a lot of them really don't get it. They worship him exactly because of who he is. They're not holding their nose to get their judges or tax cuts or whatever. They absolutely love him, he represents what the average Republican voter wants to be perfectly. I know it'll (hopefully?) be a long time before someone takes his place, but with the mask off, I think we'll see a LOT more people like MTG in safe districts who are free to be the absolute monsters they are because it's so clear now that the voters will reward them the more horrible they are.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

so what the gently caress happened with this case. like there was a fight outside a detention center and then when a cop intervieed they beat the gently caress out of them and then got sent home or some poo poo.
also gotta love chud racism.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

THE FREEDOM TO BUILD YOUR BOWL YOUR WAY

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1753431091686318415

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Total Party Kill posted:

It’s the feminist bookstore from portlandia op

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Jesus talk about telling on yourself.

"All MY friends are unemployable losers voting for Trump!"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Random Stranger posted:

Combine disease X with snips, snails, and puppy dog tails to make The RowdyRough Boys

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

Total Party Kill posted:

There was an Obama gas station but it got shut down.

quote:

After being targeted by law enforcement as well as religious and community groups, the Obama gas station has suffered a major blow to its business. The convenience store/gas station at 5831 North Main St. in Columbia is no longer allowed to sell beer and wine, the Richland County Sheriff’s Department said in a news release. After being petitioned to deny the Obama’s off-premises beer and wine permit, the South Carolina Administrative Law Court approved. As of Sept. 9, alcohol is not allowed to be sold at the store, according to the release. The sheriff’s department called the Obama store “a nuisance business ... that significantly contributed to the decay of the community.”

https://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article254233558.html#storylink=cpy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://twitter.com/JoeMyGod/status/1753433802343350476

lol